Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: A PARANOID SCHIZOPHRENIC WITH ADOLESCENT TENDENCIES  (Read 27973 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: A PARANOID SCHIZOPHRENIC WITH ADOLESCENT TENDENCIES
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2009, 12:36:28 PM »

DR SWW - Just go the DMV tomorrow without DerB's daughter. Period.

*And if you are a bit wary about being "caught", I guess you could always call a cab.  -Is there a co-worker who could pick you up?

Cab?  CAB?  You've been living in cities far too long, Jose.  'Round these parts, when you call for a cab they send a tractor.

I'm sure Rehoboth has some sort of car service. -Which, more than likely, would not be worth the expense. But, ya' never know.
Make Your Own Luck.

DAW

« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2009, 12:36:51 PM »

***FEEL BETTER VIBES***
for DR Der Brucer

DAW

« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2009, 12:37:30 PM »

DR Jeanne:   Congratulations on completing your journey to the West Coast!!!    :D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2009, 12:39:38 PM »

Since we didn't have our Easter DinDin last night (I was working), we'll be feasting tonight.

Roast leg of lamb.  Roasted red potatoes.  Carrots.

And I've a canneloni/olive spread I'm making to go with the chicken liver pate, so we can have appetizers!

(In fact, that should be cool enough to be buzzed up in the processor by now.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2009, 12:50:17 PM »

It neede salt.

:D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2009, 12:52:00 PM »

DR Jeanne - Welcome back to LA!

*So, which restaurant and/or old haunt did you visit first?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2009, 12:53:17 PM »

Well, the lighting guys need to do some work in and around the pit, so I guess that's my cue to go ahead and take a break.

Laters...

*Although, I do have to admit that the college's lighting assistant is a nice "distraction"... ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2009, 12:57:48 PM »

DR SWoody:  What Jose said.

DITTO!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2009, 01:00:07 PM »

Well, the lighting guys need to do some work in and around the pit, so I guess that's my cue to go ahead and take a break.

Laters...

*Although, I do have to admit that the college's lighting assistant is a nice "distraction"... ::)

Friendly?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2009, 01:15:31 PM »

Lunch was fine, but it's chilly out. I had to turn the heat back on as the house was 60 and uncomfortable. It'll be better a little later in the week.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2009, 01:18:51 PM »

When I got in, I watched IN THE REALM OF THE SENSES. Now, I'm no prude, but I found the sex acts fairly discomforting, and already knowing how the film was going to end, I kind of dreaded every ticking moment until the inevitable happened.

Of course, even if I hadn't known what was going to happen, the director certainly dropped plenty of OBVIOUS foreshadowing to let us know of the coming events. Scissors and knives and razors all over the place. Geez!

Matt H.

« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2009, 01:21:50 PM »

I went back and sample quite a large chunk of the audio commentary by Tony Rayns. It's very good and he stays away from sex talk which was a surprise. He let to film speak for itself in those areas.

I also watched the first two bonus featurettes: an interview the the director and the two leads (though the principal actor didn't get to talk) right after the film's premiere and an interview with the leading actor (Fugi) filmed last year (he still looks very nice for being in his late 60s).

Matt H.

« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2009, 01:22:54 PM »

I still have two or three more bonus items to watch, and I think the film's trailer (maybe 2) is also on the disc. Still, I should be able to finish with it before I need to begin tonight's prime time TV.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2009, 01:29:27 PM »

I've been watching last night's LITTLE DORRIT; this series reminds me a great deal of Jane Austen, especially in the character of Amy's moronic and impossible father Mr Dorrit. I like the cast a lot. The one thing that separates Dickens from Austen, though, is the grostequerie of his character, and these people are much creepier than Miss Austen's.

So true.  Keith keeps asking what the deal is with the "creepy" murderer.  I keep telling him we will find out eventually.  I'm not in a hurry. ;)  We will be watching it tonight.

Jane

« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2009, 01:31:16 PM »

On a happier note (so to speak), I just had a wonderful conversation with the man who is probably going to be Oregon's next governor, and he has invited my band to play the governor's mansion once he is ensconced there.

And who might this be?  I hope he is better than the current governor.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2009, 01:32:35 PM »

Gracias, DAW.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2009, 01:40:52 PM »

Vibes to DR DerBrucer. I've missed him and his bird photos.

Ditto!

Kerry

« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2009, 01:41:49 PM »

Fascinating notes, bk.  On my eighteenth birthday I had to register with the Government, but thankfully was never called for duty.  I don't think they do that anymore, do they?

Yes, they do!!!!
I like boat races.

Jane

« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2009, 01:43:49 PM »

DR Jennifer, my guess is the grape juice helped your throat not the chocolate.  I try to remember to skip the chocolate when my throat hurts.

THROAT VIBES!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2009, 01:43:53 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were paranoid and schizophrenic, and now it is time for you to post until the adolescent cows come home.

I think I saw them floating on a raft on the Red River heading towards Canada..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2009, 01:46:04 PM »

Here at my favorite coffee shop checking a few things online before I head to work at  in an hour.

I am hopiong in the next couple of weeks to start moving stuff back after the river recedes. They nearly had a dike break on the Sheyenne River in Valley City, ND earlier today. Not a good deal. All taht water is head this way.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2009, 01:46:13 PM »

Vibes to DR DerBrucer. I've missed him and his bird photos.

Just for you - Part One

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2009, 01:46:52 PM »

Fascinating notes, bk.  On my eighteenth birthday I had to register with the Government, but thankfully was never called for duty.  I don't think they do that anymore, do they?

Yes, they do!!!!

I remember when Bryan received a letter to register.  We were both surprised.  He received a card he was never to lose.  Of course I have no idea what happened to the card.  I can't remember if Craig ever received his card.  I believe having served in the Peace Corps makes one exempt from the military if we ever have a draft again.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2009, 01:47:01 PM »

Sorry I have been E & T things have been a big crazy lately. 

Dad had his surgery Friday, they had to slice his leg from buttock to knee to get the tumor out of his thigh.  It had wrapped arpund the main nerve of the leg as well as the muscles.

It seesm that he has not sustained any nerve damage as he can still wiggle his toes and move his foot on command.  We are still awaiting the results of the biopsy.

Vibes to Vixter much loved grandfather for a speedy recovery...

(((( hugs to vixfamily)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #114 on: April 13, 2009, 01:47:24 PM »

Feel better vibes to Jennifer...

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #115 on: April 13, 2009, 01:47:52 PM »

For Laura - Part TWO

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

« Reply #116 on: April 13, 2009, 01:48:01 PM »

Thank you Der Brucer :D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #117 on: April 13, 2009, 01:48:18 PM »

bk always has fascinating notes IMHO... :)

The conversation here is just as lively...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #118 on: April 13, 2009, 01:49:01 PM »

Good morning, all! After trying to sleep two hours last night, the barking finally drove me out of bed to post, and while I was posting I heard footsteps above me. I ran to the 4th floor and there was a young Israeli guy taking the dog for a walk. I started yelling at him and when I told him the dog had barked till 3am, he said "3am?" and I said, yes, indeedy, and the dog should be on tranqullizers. I went to bed, hoping that I would pass out  before the next barking session began, and I heard the dog - it really is the cutest boxer and I honestly do feel very sorry for its abandonment this week - and his walker return. I think the kid slept all night in the apartment because the next thing I knew, it was 8 am and I had slept all night. I troed to sleep longer but I cannot fall asleep in a bright room.

Today, my neighbor returns from Toronto and I will be curious to see how this meeting goes.

I just cancelled 11 backorders with Amazon.com. Until the fascist asses controlling and censoring their stock reverse their policies, I will order from Barnes & Noble, Deep Discount, and others.

I have luckily repressed most of my draft summons memories. I remember the bus to Cincinnati and the general panic all of us students felt at being summoned, And I rememebr the party in the costume shop of the theatre dept when I reported I was a free agent.

Elmore, I have never trusted amazon. I prefer Barnes and Noble. I have had better luck in getting some titles I have been interested.

Jane

« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2009, 01:49:39 PM »

Hi Dakota.  I missed the latest news on your almost break.  CONTINUED DAM HOLDING VIBES!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up