Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: HIGH TIME  (Read 16833 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: HIGH TIME
« Reply #210 on: April 14, 2009, 06:27:35 PM »

Looks like the sequel to the film of THE LAST STARFIGHTER will be THE NEXT STARFIGHTER.

imdb just identifies it as STARFIGHTER. But doing some google searches came up wiith:

"The Next Starfighter" - Sequel to the film "The Last Starfighter" which has secret members of the Kodan Armada trying to bring down the Frontier within the Rylan Senate. Louis Rogan is a full fledged Starfighter and is asked to help test the new prototype Gunstar named the Crimson Star. Xur is still alive and vows to destroy Starfighter Command, but Alex, Grig and Louis have to stop him.

This sounds like an exciting approach to a follow-up. Also, I was wondering why we were getting more script inquiries about productions of the stage musical than we had been, and I guess this helps explain it.

Good news for you and Skip! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #211 on: April 14, 2009, 06:28:12 PM »

It's very exciting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXFGaXKtKVA

That was fun.  No, really...it was!  Now, you should film the return trip from the other side. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #212 on: April 14, 2009, 06:28:27 PM »

Vibes to DR Cilla's nephew!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #213 on: April 14, 2009, 06:30:04 PM »

No, I haven't been sitting here like so much fish all evening.  My friend Katie was about 10 minutes early picking me up for our current events discussion group (tonight's topic: Egypt) and I ran out of here before signing off and putting my computer to sleep.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #214 on: April 14, 2009, 06:30:40 PM »

That would be the Salt River, which was navigable until it was dammed many decades ago. Then it was dry, unless we got a lot of rain, in which case they would release some water. Several years ago, the City of Tempe decided to make a lake in the riverbed. So they put up inflatable rubber dams and pumped groundwater into it and called it Tempe Town Lake.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #215 on: April 14, 2009, 06:31:20 PM »

It's very exciting.

That was fun.  No, really...it was!  Now, you should film the return trip from the other side. :)

I did. And you get a great view of the reflection of the person in the seat in front of me.

Laura

« Reply #216 on: April 14, 2009, 06:32:30 PM »

Some day I should record a ride to downtown Phoenix, which would be all the blight along Washington Street.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #217 on: April 14, 2009, 06:34:19 PM »

TOD: I'm not going to say anything although I could say a lot if I wanted to.

Likewise, DR CillaLiz.  Likewise.

I'm starting to feel like the only girl in the brothel who does not claim virginity.

der Brucer

You are not derBrucer.

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #218 on: April 14, 2009, 06:35:36 PM »

I got word today that the movers are not going to have our stuff here until this weekend, which means that we're stuck in a hotel until early next week.

:'(

Druxy, the Lovely Wife and I just slept on an air mattress in an empty house until the movers came. Larry Drake who drove across country with me and the dog (the wife flew with the cat) slept in a sleeping bag in an empty guest room.

Ginny

« Reply #219 on: April 14, 2009, 06:37:00 PM »

DR Laura - thank you for taking us for a ride on the light rail.  I miss visiting Phoenix now that my mom and aunt have moved here.

FJL

« Reply #220 on: April 14, 2009, 06:39:14 PM »

Thanks, George!

Would any of the people who go to the film chat boards be willing to spread THE NEXT STARFIGHTER info around?  It would really help Skip and my musical for word on this to get around.  Also found out that the script WILL indeed be written By Jonathan Betuel, who wrote the original film, allowed Skip and me to do the musical, and even joined us on a panel along with Lance Guest after our presentation in issaquah (which George and PennyO were at).

Here's the info again in case you can help.

Looks like the sequel to the film of THE LAST STARFIGHTER will be THE NEXT STARFIGHTER.

imdb just identifies it as STARFIGHTER. But doing some google searches came up wiith:

"The Next Starfighter" - Sequel to the film "The Last Starfighter" which has secret members of the Kodan Armada trying to bring down the Frontier within the Rylan Senate. Louis Rogan is a full fledged Starfighter and is asked to help test the new prototype Gunstar named the Crimson Star. Xur is still alive and vows to destroy Starfighter Command, but Alex, Grig and Louis have to stop him.

This sounds like an exciting approach to a follow-up. Also, I was wondering why we were getting more script inquiries about productions of the stage musical than we had been, and I guess this helps explain it.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #221 on: April 14, 2009, 06:40:58 PM »

RE: Anthony Newley

I never thought that he was that great an actor, but he was a terrific performer.

I got to know him during the early 1970s.  Nice guy.

He was a terrific performer.  I saw him once do his niteclub act in a Dallas Supper Club.  Hell of a show.

Re: Sweet November.  I also worked with Sandy Duncan once in San Diego.  She was doing Same Time, Next Year.  I assistant stage-managed and understudied the male lead (lead?...Hell, the only other part in the play).  She was a nice lady.  The Stage Manager was the son of E.E. Clive, a well-known British character actor from the 30's-40's.  I remember him telling me an hilarious story where he, as a kid, ruined the big charge scene in CHARGE OF THE LIGHT BRIGADE (which his father was in with Mr. Flynn) because he was spotted watching from a hillside within camera range.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #222 on: April 14, 2009, 06:43:57 PM »

I got word today that the movers are not going to have our stuff here until this weekend, which means that we're stuck in a hotel until early next week.

:'(

Druxy, the Lovely Wife and I just slept on an air mattress in an empty house until the movers came. Larry Drake who drove across country with me and the dog (the wife flew with the cat) slept in a sleeping bag in an empty guest room.

If only we had had air mattress back when we had to sleep on floors.  We did that for two weeks in New Jersey when the driver of the truck decided to abandon the truck without telling anyone.  We were lucky it was found undisturbed.  That was the move from hell.

Jane

« Reply #223 on: April 14, 2009, 06:52:23 PM »

I must stop rubbing my face.  Every time I do so I have to wash my hands with Tecnu.  For most of the day I have been washing our clothes, sheets & towels in it.  For those of you who don't know Tecnu is for poison oak & ivy.  Keith & I have the west coast Oak.  His is far worse than mine.  My right forearm is slightly red and swollen.  My face isn't bad except for the area at the outer corner of my eye where I keep touching it.  If I don't stop I fear I will spread it more. 

I'm very grateful for Tecnu & Cortisone 10.  Keith purchased a Tecnu spray today I used on my arm instead of the Cortisone ointment.  I'm going to go wash it again with Tecnu & use the ointment again, that feels much better.

Jane

« Reply #224 on: April 14, 2009, 06:53:30 PM »

RE: Anthony Newley

I never thought that he was that great an actor, but he was a terrific performer.

I got to know him during the early 1970s.  Nice guy.

He was a terrific performer.  I saw him once do his niteclub act in a Dallas Supper Club.  Hell of a show.

Re: Sweet November.  I also worked with Sandy Duncan once in San Diego.  She was doing Same Time, Next Year.  I assistant stage-managed and understudied the male lead (lead?...Hell, the only other part in the play).  She was a nice lady.  The Stage Manager was the son of E.E. Clive, a well-known British character actor from the 30's-40's.  I remember him telling me an hilarious story where he, as a kid, ruined the big charge scene in CHARGE OF THE LIGHT BRIGADE (which his father was in with Mr. Flynn) because he was spotted watching from a hillside within camera range.

Sandy Dennis was in SWEET NOVEMBER.

Laura

« Reply #225 on: April 14, 2009, 06:59:19 PM »

Aww, poor Jane and Keith. I hope it gets better soon!

FJL

« Reply #226 on: April 14, 2009, 07:05:35 PM »

Get-better-soon vibes to Jane and Keith

Jane

« Reply #227 on: April 14, 2009, 07:07:23 PM »

Thanks.  So far I'm not bad.  I'm hoping the Tecnu keeps it that way.  Keith just walked by to say he is taking a shower & made sure we had a bottle in the bathroom. 

Ginny

« Reply #228 on: April 14, 2009, 07:12:08 PM »

Vibes to DR Jane and her DH Keith!

George

« Reply #229 on: April 14, 2009, 07:16:59 PM »

I must stop rubbing my face.  Every time I do so I have to wash my hands with Tecnu.  For most of the day I have been washing our clothes, sheets & towels in it.  For those of you who don't know Tecnu is for poison oak & ivy.  Keith & I have the west coast Oak.  His is far worse than mine.  My right forearm is slightly red and swollen.  My face isn't bad except for the area at the outer corner of my eye where I keep touching it.  If I don't stop I fear I will spread it more. 

I'm very grateful for Tecnu & Cortisone 10.  Keith purchased a Tecnu spray today I used on my arm instead of the Cortisone ointment.  I'm going to go wash it again with Tecnu & use the ointment again, that feels much better.

~~~Feel Better Vibes for DR Jane and DH Keith!!~~~

FJL

« Reply #230 on: April 14, 2009, 07:27:54 PM »

Did I miss any discussion here of the Susan Boyle "ordinary"-woman-with-a-great-voice phenomenon in England.  There was even a report on it on ABC news just before 7:00.

Jane

« Reply #231 on: April 14, 2009, 07:32:42 PM »

Thanks everyone. 

Yes, FJL, you missed the discussion & links.  Feel free to add new info :)  I've got to go now.  I'll watch the video you emailed tomorrow & comment.

'night.

FJL

« Reply #232 on: April 14, 2009, 07:36:49 PM »

Thanks, Jane.

And thanks to the folks who went to the video, it's really appreciated.

FJL

« Reply #233 on: April 14, 2009, 07:38:01 PM »

vixmom - Did that recipe get to you OK?

George

« Reply #234 on: April 14, 2009, 07:51:16 PM »

Time for me to leave work.

Be back later. :)

Michael

« Reply #235 on: April 14, 2009, 08:18:52 PM »

Thanks, Jane.

And thanks to the folks who went to the video, it's really appreciated.

I went and voted. Perhaps you can explain the background, I was a little lost.
Never stop dreaming.

MBarnum

« Reply #236 on: April 14, 2009, 08:23:49 PM »

It's very exciting.

Judging from your video, your town is a very clean and sparsely populated village.

MBarnum

« Reply #237 on: April 14, 2009, 08:27:19 PM »

Mega vibes to your nephew, DR Cillaliz!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #238 on: April 14, 2009, 08:32:15 PM »

So, Idol fans, will Adam Lambert break way from his recent mellow demeanor, and go back to his rock persona tonight?

der Brucer

I had a feeling he's return to something rock, and I wasn't wrong!

He was also BY FAR the best singer/performer of the night. He makes everyone else look like real amateurs.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #239 on: April 14, 2009, 08:34:00 PM »

Good evening one and all... it has been a very busy night at the library...

along with a pair of sore hands.... I processed 115 uncatalogued gov docs for a patron ...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up