Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: PEANUT BUTTER PIE  (Read 16516 times)

Jennifer

Re: PEANUT BUTTER PIE
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2009, 02:27:36 PM »

On THE VIEW today they showed a clip of the woman SUSAN BOYLE from BRITAIN's GOT TALENT.

But they had to edit the clip. So even though they showed a bit of her speech, simon's reaction, and parts of her singing ... I don't think it had the same reaction. I think you need to see it all for it to have the full impact.

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2009, 02:28:11 PM »

VIBES TO DANIELLE, BABY AND FAMILY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2009, 02:28:48 PM »

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2009, 02:31:37 PM »

Slow day here at HHW.....time for me to get ready to go home...

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2009, 02:31:49 PM »

VIBES TO DR JENNIFER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael

« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2009, 02:33:59 PM »

DR> Elmoore

Just curious does Kim Criswell make her primary home in the USA or England?
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2009, 02:37:41 PM »

DR MattH, i don't feel the same way about HEROES. It used to be must see tv. And now I just don't find it as good.

Unquestionably the first season was the best when it was all so new and unusual. They seem to have been floundering in recent seasons trying to find a way to work all of the heroes into a single story, and I think they should abandon that and take their strongest core members and work a story around them.

Either that or do three mini story arcs of 8 episodes each that feature two or three of them together working on a single adventure. I don't think there will ever be a time when all of them can be combined reasonably again into a single story.

That said, I think this "book" is better than the previous two though not quite up to book one (which was the entire first season).
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2009, 02:39:48 PM »

We're on page five in the middle of the day. I don't call that a slow day. It's about average, I'd say.

Matt H.

« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2009, 02:40:20 PM »

And now I must write a little bit and then head back down to rejoin Jim Phelps and the Impossible Missions Force.

WBBL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2009, 03:02:02 PM »

And now I am off to rehearsal.

My question for ASK BK day - which review have you received for your SHOW BIZ work that was the most accurate and/or illuminating?

Did you ever receive a review that made you re-think how you did something?

I've never put much stock into reviews - I basically hate them whether yay or nay.  I've had my share of raves and my share of awful reviews.  Which do you believe?  The answer, for me, is none.  I don't think I've ever learned anything interesting from a review critical of my work because my bad reviews, for whatever reasons, tend to be very personal and vitriolic, something I've never understood.  It was nice when Nudie came out and we were getting these unabashed love letter reviews, but in the end they're a nice souvenir.  Of all of them, I particularly remember the Oregonian review, which was, I think, the first rave the film got - can't remember the reviewer's name, but I wrote him and thanked him.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2009, 03:02:41 PM »

I do enjoy revues, however.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2009, 03:03:58 PM »

Back from many errands and a busy morning.  Gave the theater where we're doing the Nudie reading their money, so that's one less thing to worry about.  Had a very good sandwich and small fries at Jerry's, where I proofed another forty pages of the new novel - down to the last forty pages or so now, the last four chapters.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2009, 03:06:48 PM »

And am now listening to the masterpiece that is Inside Daisy Clover.  It's not the addiction for me that Two For The Seesaw is, but I do love every minute of it.  The first CD is the score as heard in the film - I prefer the album order and sequence, which plays a little better as a listening experience, and happily CD 2 starts with the LP recreated, so whichever your preference is it's all here.  All the cues not used on the LP are, of course, in the movie sequence.  And they stuck in A Happy Song, which was not used in the film - not sure why it's in the film sequence, but it's a fun number, although very similar to The Circus Is A Wacky World.

The Vixter

« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2009, 03:16:24 PM »

If anybody is on right now, please, stop what you're doing and pray for my mom. She was up since two last night puking her guts out, and when I came down stairs, she was in so much pain, she couldn't move, and was crying out in pain. My father took her to the emergency room after he dropped me at the school, and when I returned home at 4:25, they still weren't home. Dad called me at five to tell me they were still there, and that somthing might be wrong with mom's gallbladder, or somthing and that she might have to stay there a couple of nights. She's still in pain. This is where you come in. I don't give A FLYING DAMN about whatever religion you are, but PLEASE, pray for my mom. Pray for Debra Mann to be safe and healthy again soon, and for her to not be in so much pain. Please do this for her, and for me. PLEASE.

Thank you.
                                                                                                The Vixter
Me: Hi, my names Vicky, and I think I might have become a textaholic.
All my friends: Hi Vicky. *Applause*

MBarnum

« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2009, 03:18:16 PM »

Many, many vibes out to Vixmom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2009, 03:18:49 PM »

As your mom and you know, and I think I can just speak for everyone here, we send her all our best vibes and xylophones (patent pending) and all of our strongest prayers.  RIGHT NOW.

The Vixter

« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2009, 03:23:30 PM »

As your mom and you know, and I think I can just speak for everyone here, we send her all our best vibes and xylophones (patent pending) and all of our strongest prayers.  RIGHT NOW.

Thank you Bruce. That means alot.

The Vixter
Me: Hi, my names Vicky, and I think I might have become a textaholic.
All my friends: Hi Vicky. *Applause*

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2009, 03:27:43 PM »

~~~~~~~SUPER GET BETTER NOW VIBES FOR DR VIXMOM!!!~~~~~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2009, 03:44:15 PM »

Vixter, if it is your mom's gallbladder, I can understand what she might be going through.  I had attacks myself about ten years ago and they were incredibly distressing.  The strange thing was when the attack ended it was as though nothing had happened.  Eventually I elected to have it removed and I've been fine (gallbladder-wise) ever since.

I don't want to downplay what your mom is going through, but the attacks usually feel --and look-- a lot worse than what they really are.  It could have been brought on by your mom's diet of the past few weeks. 

At this point the worse thing would be if they have to remove her gallbladder invasively instead of through a few small incisions and that would only be if the bladder was severely inflamed.  If this was your mom's first attack I don't think that's the case.

But I'm sending her vibes and prayers anyway.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: April 15, 2009, 03:47:20 PM »

Vixter, you deserve a big pat on the back too, as does your dad.  You are a terrific FAMILY! 

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #140 on: April 15, 2009, 03:48:09 PM »

~~~~~~~ PRAYERS AND VIBES FOR VIXMOM, ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~MY BEST FRIEND IN THE WORLD ~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~ PRAYERS AND VIBES FOR VIXTER, ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~WHO CAN'T BE HAVING AN EASY TIME ~~~~~~~

Vickie,
If you need to talk, or if you or your Dad need anything at all, please don't hesitate to call.  You know the number.
Uncle Bill
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: April 15, 2009, 04:01:57 PM »

DR> Elmoore

Just curious does Kim Criswell make her primary home in the USA or England?

London.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: April 15, 2009, 04:06:28 PM »

If anybody is on right now, please, stop what you're doing and pray for my mom. She was up since two last night puking her guts out, and when I came down stairs, she was in so much pain, she couldn't move, and was crying out in pain. My father took her to the emergency room after he dropped me at the school, and when I returned home at 4:25, they still weren't home. Dad called me at five to tell me they were still there, and that somthing might be wrong with mom's gallbladder, or somthing and that she might have to stay there a couple of nights. She's still in pain. This is where you come in. I don't give A FLYING DAMN about whatever religion you are, but PLEASE, pray for my mom. Pray for Debra Mann to be safe and healthy again soon, and for her to not be in so much pain. Please do this for her, and for me. PLEASE.

Thank you.
                                                                                                The Vixter

DR the vixter, no need to thank us! We should thank you for the alert!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Mega Vibes to Our DR vixmom! Heal Her Now!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2009, 04:07:39 PM »

Vixter, you deserve a big pat on the back too, as does your dad.  You are a terrific FAMILY! 

Ditto what he said!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2009, 04:17:46 PM »

I really need a nap.

I did not sleep well, tossing and turning all night. My throat was not feeling good. But it seems to have improved a lot today. Still itchy. But not much pain when i swallow. Right now almost none.

I was trying to decide this morning whether to go to the doctor. Or to try to make an appointment. IT is free, so that is not the issue. And it's close (although hard to get through on the phone). The only issue is that i've had sore throats before. And they rarely do anything. Except make you take a test for strepe throat (which does cost). And then they make you wait to a get the results.

I've never had strepe throat. And they normally do not give antibiotics for a sore throat. My mom thought it would probably pass from my throat to my nose and head. I think it is doing that.

And i've been doing all the other things the doctor probably would have said (gargling, drinking...).

Hopefully i will be able to sleep tonight.

One should always pay attention to a severe sore throat.  Since yours is already beginning to improve I think it is safe for you to pass on an office visit. 

Jennifer

« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2009, 04:25:57 PM »

[One should always pay attention to a severe sore throat.  Since yours is already beginning to improve I think it is safe for you to pass on an office visit. 

Sometimes it's hard to know what to do. I do know that they mostly just give you a strepe test and then tell you to wait. If i thought they would have given me something i would have gone.

Right now it definitely feels a lot better. Hurts a bit. But not too much. And not too much when i swallow.

It's hard to believe that something that hurt that much could just go away by itself.

Jane

« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2009, 04:26:41 PM »

DITTO!!!

SUPER HEALTH VIBES & PRAYERS TO DR VIXMOM!

VIBES OF COMFORT TO DR VIXTER!!!

Jennifer

« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2009, 04:27:01 PM »

Vibes to DR Vixmom.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vibes to the Vixter. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel so bad for your mom. Hopefully it just because of her diet and that she won't have to have surgery right now. Hope she feels better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane

« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2009, 04:28:04 PM »

[One should always pay attention to a severe sore throat.  Since yours is already beginning to improve I think it is safe for you to pass on an office visit. 

It's hard to believe that something that hurt that much could just go away by itself.

LOL-Keith is feeling about the same right now with his faced, neck, etc covered in a Poison Oak rash.

Ginny

« Reply #149 on: April 15, 2009, 04:28:23 PM »

Vibes & prayers for DR Vixmom!!!!

{{{{Hugs to The Vixter}}}}
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up