Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: PINK  (Read 19160 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: PINK
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2009, 06:09:34 PM »

I was loading laundry, again.  I keep washing our clothes, towels, etc. in Tecnu as my rash continues to spread.  I picked up a script for an ointment.  The pharmacist looked at my arm and said I should be taking steroids. :(  Keith continues to improve.  At least the small area behind my ear & on my neck is much better.  It is somewhat encouraging.

Jane

« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2009, 06:10:37 PM »

Ginny - good luck to you and your aunt today!

Well, we've survived the appointment with the gastroenterologist, who told her exactly what she didn't want to hear:  that he cannot diagnose her without a certain diagnostic procedure that requires an icky preparation.  She's putting it off for now, until her 4-week treatment for anemia is completed.

I think she needs another kind of -ologist. 

There was nothing he could give her or suggest she do to possibly alleviate her symptoms?  There are plenty of problems that don't show up from that test that requires a yucky prep.

Yes, DR Jane, he did tell her to continue the prescription and OTC meds that he's prescribed in the past.  He also ordered an interim sequence of testing that you don't really want me to describe.

How old is your aunt?  Should she really be having these tests?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2009, 06:13:27 PM »

ASK BK

Why did you decide to record Forbidden Hollywood "live' while the Forbidden Broadway albums were done in a studio?

Because frankly I didn't think the "humor" would play without the audience reaction - the Forbidden Broadway parodies are different in that regard.

I love that it was a live recording. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2009, 06:14:01 PM »

Hi, DR Vixmom!  How are you feeling today?

Better now I have stopped sneezing

A nurse once advised me to hug a pillow if you feel a sneeze approaching.

After my mom's heart surgery, the hospital provided her with a "therapy bear".  If she needed to cough, practice her breathing, sneeze, etc., she was told to hold the bear in a particular way in order to help prevent any sort of injury. 

*My niece, Emily, liked it too. :)

They gave my dad a big heart pillow when he had is quintuple by-pass

Sweet.

I didn't know there was a special way to protect yourself when sneezing after surgery.  Everyone should be taught this special way.

I have this terrible fear the pain meds will make me throw up which is bound to do a bit of damage.

George

« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2009, 06:19:20 PM »

Sorry.  Here's the info on House Of Flowers - pre-preorders as always via paypal directly to our paypal address of kritzerland at adelphia dot net.  19.98 plus 3.75 shipping.

HOUSE OF FLOWERS

<SNIP>

Ordered! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2009, 06:33:22 PM »

I have spent the past two days watching the absolutely amazing PLAYING SHAKESPEARE, a British series from the late 1970s and early 1980s.  I highly recommend it to everyone.  The RSC digging deep into texts and character approaches.  Fascinating.

Speaking of Shakespeare, according to my Futurama calendar, tomorrow is his birthday!  However, Wikipedia says that his exact birthdate is unknown.  "His unknown birthday is traditionally observed on 23 April, St George's Day. This date, which can be traced back to an eighteenth-century scholar's mistake, has proved appealing because Shakespeare died on 23 April 1616."

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #186 on: April 22, 2009, 06:44:01 PM »

I have spent the past two days watching the absolutely amazing PLAYING SHAKESPEARE, a British series from the late 1970s and early 1980s.  I highly recommend it to everyone.  The RSC digging deep into texts and character approaches.  Fascinating.

JMK, are you watching this on tape or DVD?  I just ordered this series on DVD from Amazon, but they're not shipping until June.  How did you score a copy of this?  I'm assuming this is the John Barton series...I've been waiting for this for a long time.  I have the book from the series.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #187 on: April 22, 2009, 06:45:53 PM »

Good Evening!

Well, the one nice thing about waking up at 5:45 this morning is that I've had quite a nice, long day today.  -And I didn't even take a nap!
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: April 22, 2009, 06:46:35 PM »

Sorry.  Here's the info on House Of Flowers - pre-preorders as always via paypal directly to our paypal address of kritzerland at adelphia dot net.  19.98 plus 3.75 shipping.

HOUSE OF FLOWERS

<SNIP>

Ordered! ;D

I can do nothing about it until next Wednesday.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #189 on: April 22, 2009, 06:47:44 PM »

JMK, are you watching this on tape or DVD?  I just ordered this series on DVD from Amazon, but they're not shipping until June.  How did you score a copy of this?  I'm assuming this is the John Barton series...I've been waiting for this for a long time.  I have the book from the series.

I'm guessing he's watching his review copies on DVD.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #190 on: April 22, 2009, 06:56:18 PM »

And before I forget - since I almost did... Well, I did forget, but at least I called today - just one day late...

HAPPY 43RD WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TO MY PARENTS!!!!!!

*I actually remembered it was their anniversary yesterday, I just forgot to call.  ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #191 on: April 22, 2009, 06:57:16 PM »

New furniture is being delivered as I write this.
You can dream…or you can do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #192 on: April 22, 2009, 06:57:58 PM »

And since I didn't forget to call a little while ago...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY NIECE AND GOD-DAUGHTER, EMILY!!!

She's hit the BIG THREE!!! :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #193 on: April 22, 2009, 07:00:57 PM »

Drop any more lamps today? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #194 on: April 22, 2009, 07:03:35 PM »

DR George - RE: Sunday In The Park With George - From what I understand, the version you're seeing in Seattle is basically a remount of the recent Broadway and Donmar warehouse production. -And, yes, those visuals are AMAZING!  And it was nice to finally see a Chromolume that made sense.

-So, who did "Dennis" play in the first act?
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #195 on: April 22, 2009, 07:04:04 PM »

Re: American Idol's Disco Week, and the musical guests -

Disco is dead.  Meet the zombies.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #196 on: April 22, 2009, 07:04:13 PM »

Happy anniversary to DR Jose's parents and happy 3rd birthday to their granddaughter Emily!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #197 on: April 22, 2009, 07:05:05 PM »

Sounds like things are shaping up, DR Druxy!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #198 on: April 22, 2009, 07:05:07 PM »

Just remember:

We are not a codfish.

Of course not.

"We" is plural.  "A codfish" is singular.

The correct phraseology would be "We are codfish."

Unless, of course, you are a carp.  But that's a different kettle of fish.

What DR Ron Pulliam said!  -And I should know. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #199 on: April 22, 2009, 07:06:56 PM »

Last night & this morning I used a very expensive over the counter product called Zanfel.  It is a gritty wash for poison oak.  I actually think it helped.  My right arm is still very swollen so today I called the dermatologist for a prescription ointment.  I will be picking up the prescription as well as another tube of the Zanfel.  It is only a 1 once tube & there seems to only be one tube left at any of the pharmacies I checked with.  I hope I never need it again, but better safe than sorry.

The pharmacist also suggest I purchase Ivy block.  Of course I would never have thought to use it the night we were exposed.

DR Jane - Have you always been this sensitive/reactive to poison oak?  I hope your latest round of medicines and treatments help to alleviate the itching and stop the rash from spreading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #200 on: April 22, 2009, 07:09:47 PM »

Happy anniversary to DR Jose's parents and happy 3rd birthday to their granddaughter Emily!

I think your parents were lucky to begin a family so soon.  We had to wait 7 years.

Cillaliz

« Reply #201 on: April 22, 2009, 07:10:56 PM »

VIBES TO DR JANE~~~~~~~~~~

Ginny

« Reply #202 on: April 22, 2009, 07:11:19 PM »

DR Jane - my aunt just had her 80th birthday on Monday.  The interim tests are non-invasive, but require a degree of patient participation that I'm afraid is beyond her.  My biggest challenge right now is making sure her 90-year-old sister (my mother) doesn't try to do too much for her - like her grocery shopping.  My cousin and his wife will be here in a couple of weeks from GA and we'll probably have a pow-wow.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #203 on: April 22, 2009, 07:12:28 PM »

And now for some pictures...

When I headed out earlier, I decided to head back down to The Citadel to take a picture of the front gate.  -They do not allow guests on the campus unless you're an officer, parent of a student or a prospective student.  So..

« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 07:14:28 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: April 22, 2009, 07:13:05 PM »

What a day this has been.  What with the stupid Time Warner stuff, an endless lunch/work session and some pretty lousy Kung Pao chicken (but I was so hungry I ate most of it), and then finally getting back on the Internet at three-fifteen and playing catch up ever since.  I had fifty-something e-mails to deal with, a bunch of orders to print, and the House Of Flowers liner notes to finish.  I finished those about thirty minutes ago, then ran and got two copies of the Nudie script made, one of which will be winging its way to a NY producer tomorrow morning, along with the down and dirty demo we did.  I just picked up a Subway turkey sandwich for dinner and I shall now go eat it.

Jane

« Reply #205 on: April 22, 2009, 07:14:02 PM »

DR Jose previously I have only had a couple of truly bad bouts with poison ivy.  Since moving here I have had numerous small to medium sized patches of rashes.  I always seem to take a LONG time to get over it.  Remember as a child I was sure I was a princess since I would have felt the pea ???

Cillaliz

« Reply #206 on: April 22, 2009, 07:14:33 PM »

I just spent the last couple hours tearing out really old bushes and all sorts of brambles etc.  I barely made a dent but what I finished looks great.  The problem is what to do with all the bushes I've cut out.  I think I'll call Jerry the handyman in the morning and see if he'll haul it all away for me.

Jane

« Reply #207 on: April 22, 2009, 07:15:07 PM »

Thank you DR Cilla.

Jane

« Reply #208 on: April 22, 2009, 07:16:44 PM »

DR Ginny I do hope your mother won't over exert herself.  Is your aunt so bad she can't shop anymore? :(  I'm glad your cousin will be out soon.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #209 on: April 22, 2009, 07:18:22 PM »

The Citadel is in the Hampton Park area of town. So, I walked around Hampton Park for a while.  There is a gazebo that is surrounded by rose bushes...

Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up