Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE THINK SYSTEM  (Read 13047 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: THE THINK SYSTEM
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2009, 06:22:54 AM »

Good morning, all! I've been reading the new Vincente Minelli biography, and I stayed up too late reading it. I'm on the section involving the Broadway show HOORAY FOR WHAT? and the author of the new bio clearly missed Agnes deMille's great account of what a mess it was out of town.

I just dragged out my summer shorts and changed the socks in my sock drawer, so I'm ready for the next several months of clothes. I'm listening as well to the new CD release of "The Last Sweet Days Of Isaac," which I saw in 1971 with Austin Pendleton and Alice Playten and I'm having a real 1970s nostalgia blitz. I have a memory that Alice Playten sang "I Know That I'm Alive" on the Ruth Lyons show before I saw the production, but it could be a false memory.

I need to think about the TOD.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2009, 06:23:21 AM »

! ! ! ! !  BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES TO DR JENNIFER  ! ! ! ! !
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2009, 06:35:43 AM »

Last Night's THE AMAZIN' RACE:

SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING
SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING
I hated it!  I hated it!  I hated it!  After all that drama and yadda, yadda, yadda, it all turned out to be just a big tease.  I'm already getting weary of all of the teams and now the season has just gotten longer.  Hopefully, there's only two more episodes to sit though.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2009, 06:46:07 AM »

Thanks DR Ben.

Jennifer

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2009, 06:46:37 AM »

Btw, DR Cillaliz what did you think of the ending of THE APPRENTICE last night.

I thought it was the funniest thing i've ever seen. I can't wait for next week.

Jennifer

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2009, 06:46:56 AM »

Thanks DR Dan the man.

Jennifer

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2009, 06:54:12 AM »

re: last night's THE AMAZING RACE

one two three one two three four five six four five six one two three one two three four five six four five six
one two three one two three four five six four five six one two three one two three four five six four five six
I actually really liked last night's show. In a way i'm glad it will be continued. There were not enough
challenges for them to do. I mean come on sit there for a 10 minute massage (takes everyone same
amount of time). And swim. Took everyone nearly the same amount if they started and finished. So at the
end it would have basically come down to taxis. That said it was interesting what is happening between
the teams. I was a bit sad my favorite team (the red heads) did not get to finish first. I am liking them
more and more every week. They are very generous towards the other teams. And they keep working
hard. IT was interesting how they portrayed the other teams (none of them very well IMO). We have
victor and tammy who are now coming across as slightly spoiled (lawyers who travel the world). And they
have them making comments like how gross it is to touch other people's feet. Then we have them knowing
the language and clearly having an advantage. But then they also show them being mean, telling the
reps to put the other teams in the back. I thought that was so out of line. The other team asked if they
could be put as far to the front as possible. BUt not to penalize the other teams. Then we have the deaf
kid who keeps telling off the sisters. And to me he's coming across as rude. Then we have the sisters
who are having break downs at the pool. I get that the one sister was afraid of the water. But she was
doing fine at the diving/jumping. I don't get why she was screaming. She was able to doggie paddle to
the side. And why were victor and tammy having so much trouble doing that. I'm not saying it was
totally simple. but why didn't they count. "1, 2, 3 jump". At least if they counted it out they would have
had a much easier time. I am liking them less and less. So right now i'm really only the red heads who i like.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2009, 07:09:00 AM »

Last evening, DR Jennifer said:

And yes DR Jrand, it was a good TAR tonight! I"ll be curious to see who people are rooting for now. There are some interesting dynamics and i could see some people disliking certain teams now.

Well, I guess I'm still pulling for Margie and Luke, but after last week's bitch-fest, it's more like they are my least disliked of the remaining teams.  I don't like Kisha and Jen for their part of the bitch-fest and because I don't think they are Final Three worthy.  I don't like Tammy and Victor because I find them smug and condescending.  While I sort of like Jaime and Cara, I am really turned off by Jamie's ugly American attitude towards the people of the countries in which she is a guest.  And while I had been a huge fan of Margie and Luke, I am not so much now since seeing how immature Luke is and how much of an enabler his mother is.  At this point, I could stop watching and it would be no big loss for me.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2009, 07:13:07 AM »

DR JRand - I've been in Charleston, South Carolina for the past seven weeks...

Which is a many, many hours drive from Charlotte, North Carolina.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2009, 07:14:52 AM »

Good morning!

Another cool-enough-for-attic fan morning as I'm airing out the house so I can close it up later in preparation for our high in the upper 80s day. Argh! No relief until Thursday.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2009, 07:16:50 AM »

On TV TOnight!™

NBC - CHUCK (season finale), HEROES (season finale), MEDIUM
CBS - comedies, CSI: MIAMI
ABC - DANCING WITH THE STARS, SURVIVING SUBURBIA, CASTLE
FOX - HOUSE, '24'
CW  - GOSSIP GIRL, ONE TREE HILL
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 07:19:39 AM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2009, 07:17:54 AM »

I am really hoping those Fox Blu-rays get here today so I can have my work projects laid out for the week. If, for some reason, they don't arrive today, I must start with DEXTER - Season 2 on Blu-ray which comes out on May 5th.

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2009, 07:18:40 AM »

TOD:

unquestionably, without hesitation: FOLLIES

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2009, 07:19:26 AM »

TAR

SPOILER WARNING? SPOILER WARNING? SPOILER WARNING? SPOILER WARNING?
DR Jen, I have to agree with you about the lack of any real challenges last night.  If fact, I feel that's been going on for a few weeks now.  The fishing and calligraphy challenges last week really didn't require any skills and neither did the foot massage one of last night.  The pool challenges were interesting to me but they were primarily physical challenges (Jen being the exception.)  I miss the mental puzzle challenges they used to have on past seasons.  But when you have a group like this where only one person knew who Chekov was, maybe that's for the best...
-- Anaïs Nin

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2009, 07:19:31 AM »

And the word of the day is: ACCINGE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  WAR IS A SCIENCE

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2009, 07:21:36 AM »

DR MattH - we are also airing our house.  Richard is swapping the storm windows for screens (yes, we have old-fashioned windows) and you can feel the house breathe as he goes.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2009, 07:28:52 AM »

TOD:

unquestionably, without hesitation: FOLLIES

That's high on my list, too: never has any show used its title and the title's connotations so fully and accomplished so much
I have to add, as well,
  THE FANTASTICKS (commedia dell'arte, presentational, non-realistic)
  COMPANY (without this one there would have been no FOLLIES)
  BIRDS OF PARADISE (Chekhov's THE SEA GULL but only if you know THE SEA GULL)
  A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC (the closest to a Chekhovian musical not based on Chekhov)
  PROMENADE (Bernstein's CANDIDE moves to Ionesco territory)
  LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS (take a bad movie, push the Faust references and make a masterpiece)
  MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING (NY Shakespeare Festival, 1972) (the best production of Shakespeare's comedy I've ever seen)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 08:39:22 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2009, 07:36:15 AM »

Greetings from the Charleston Airport!

About to board...

Laters...

*DR MattH - I'll wave as I fly over Charlotte.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2009, 07:37:59 AM »

Travel vibes to DR Jose!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2009, 07:40:16 AM »

Last night DR JRand said:

Nancy Carroll's charm escapes me....but these might not be her best movies.

I hope not!  I found most of THE BROKEN LULLABY to be outrageously funny.  The scene with the French soldier sitting with the dead German soldier's family while trying to tell them about his "murder" but having to lie instead had me roaring with laughter.  I think Lubitsch used this same set-up in his later films to purposely induce laughter.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2009, 07:41:02 AM »

* * * * *  Return to NYC Travel Vibes for DR Jose  * * * * *
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2009, 07:46:13 AM »

And I add my vote to the "YES" column on DR TCB's new mugshot!  Handsome and distinguished!  It should definitely earn you a few rounds on the casting couch!
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2009, 07:48:46 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TRAVEL VIBES TO DR JOSE!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2009, 07:49:06 AM »

TCB I like the new avatar!!

vixmom

« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2009, 07:49:27 AM »

Belated birthday wishes to DR Jennifer

vixmom

« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2009, 07:54:46 AM »

Yesterday was absolutely beautiful - warm and sunny.

We went to church, where the Vixter sand with her contemporary choir group and then Vixdad took me out to breakfast while the Vixter sang again at the second service

Eggs Benedict - I could not manage the English Muffins or the hashbrowns but those eggies and sauce were wonderful!

The we collected the Vixter and went home.

The Vixter set up my "anti-gravity" lounge chair inthe backyard.  I started out reading but ended up dozing.  I spent the whole afternoon out there and I have the sunburned arms to prove it 

(I am not sure it will be a good idea to return to work after sick leave with a nice tan)

td

• td
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2009, 07:55:35 AM »

Dixie Bell has a clean bill of health!  And she's had her distemper and rabies shots.  She is now fast asleep at my feet by the computer.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2009, 07:59:48 AM »

I forgot! Dammit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Super Mega Travel Vibes for Our DR Jose! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vixmom

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2009, 07:59:52 AM »

Late afternoon the Vixter had a softball game with her church youth group, followed by a regular youth grpoup meeting so Vixdad and I went out to dinner at a local cafe.

They have asandwich there that consists od grilled chicken on a freshed baked hero topped with portobello mushrooms and grilled red pepper in a balsalmic vinegar sauce served with sweet potato fries

I cannot manage the bread o the chicken theses days so they made up a  dish for me of just the mushrooms and red pepper and fries   

It was very nice!

The home again to have a telephonic chat with the inlaws in Canada and finally to fall asleep in the recliner while reading

What a lazy Sunday!

What a lazy me!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2009, 08:00:28 AM »

DR Jose, of course you stayed longer than expected at the party.  I expected you to anyway ;)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up