Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: CARS  (Read 12365 times)

Jennifer

Re: CARS
« Reply #210 on: May 07, 2009, 06:52:32 PM »

Hmmm...the promos for THE FASHION SHOW look exactly like the ones for PROJECT RUNWAY.  I plan on watching, but if I hear Mizrahi say, "Designers, don't forget to accessorize using items from the Target Wall.", I am outta there...

I'm currently watching the Quebec version of Project Runway. I think it's called La Collection (it's in French).  The mention of the accessory wall reminded me of the show because they make the biggest deal ever over it.

It is pretty similar to Project Runway (they have tasks and design and sew their own clothes). But one thing that is different is they don't announce the eliminated contestant until the next week.

So far there have been 3 or 4 shows. And they split them into 2 groups. If the winner is on your group you do not go home. They choose the bottom from the losing group. And then the bottom 2 stand there but we don't find out who goes till the next week (it's very odd).

Another sort of interesting aspect is that the show is affiliated with a big department store in canada, The Bay. And there are posters of the cast at the mall. ANd i believe the winner will have a line at the store. I know there was one challenge already and the winner's item was supposed to be at stores the next day.

I've never watched this type of show in French before. And some of the terms are new to me. They call models, "mannequin".  And when they want to vote someone off they say it's the person that they will "remerci" (thank). Odd expressions!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #211 on: May 07, 2009, 06:54:09 PM »

Five hours after leaving the house I returned home.  I took my car for an oil change & to have a little oil leak checked.  It turned out the leak was from the oil pipe that gets the oil into the engine.  Left as it the pipe would likely have burst while I was driving, not a good thing to happen at all. 

The dealership is across the street from the mall where I normally go while the oil is changed.  After I had no tolerance left for the mall I returned to the dealership & waited for their shuttle to take me to Fred Meyer to pick up a few things.  The car still wasn't ready when I returned so I walked to Barnes and Noble & found THE SOLOIST by Steve Lopez for only $5.00 so I picked it up. 

At least the weather was nice for walking cuz I was very frustrated, this was the first time I left my book at home.  I really need to return Romance on Three Legs: Glenn Gould's Obsessive Quest for the  Perfect Piano to the library tomorrow & pick up two more books that are waiting for me.  I'm just a little over half way through the book & could have finished while I waited.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #212 on: May 07, 2009, 06:55:14 PM »

AARRGGHH!!  I am a total goon!  For the last couple of months, I've been having trouble with my contact lenses (I usually only wear them on Thursdays, so I just thought that my prescription was changing) and today they were bothering me more than usual.  So, on a whim I thought I'd switch them and put them in the "wrong" eyes and...well...everything's so much better (a Legally Blonde reference).  I can't remember when I could've switched them in the first place, but it's very definitely an improvement.  I still need to get my eyes checked (it's been a couple of years), but it's not as bad as I originally thought.

Don't you hate it when that happens?? ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #213 on: May 07, 2009, 07:02:16 PM »

Topic of the Day:

1776 (the musical)
Gone with the Wind
Pirates of the Caribbean (the first one)

I was going to add:
The 7th Voyage of Sinbad
The Golden Voyage of Sinbad
Jason and the Argonauts
The Quest for Fire

But I re-read BK's official Topic of the Day and they're all set WAY before the year 1400.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #214 on: May 07, 2009, 07:17:19 PM »

A CASE OF MISTAKEN EYE-DENTITY - my new mystery novel about switched contact lenses

George

« Reply #215 on: May 07, 2009, 07:22:47 PM »

A CASE OF MISTAKEN EYE-DENTITY - my new mystery novel about switched contact lenses

;D

George

« Reply #216 on: May 07, 2009, 07:27:23 PM »

Well, I'm off now to buy tickets to see the new "Star Trek" tonight!!  My friend Margo, her two kids and I are going to see the IMAX showing at 9:55 pm!  At first, I was going to buy the tickets on-line, but it had a $2 per ticket "convenience" fee...that would be another $8!  No way!  So, I'm going to drive out there, buy the tickets and get something to eat...with the $2 that I saved. ;)

Until later!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #217 on: May 07, 2009, 07:29:17 PM »

I did that with my lenses a couple of times, DR GEORGE....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #218 on: May 07, 2009, 07:30:18 PM »

I am anxiously awaiting MR BK's report on BLITHE SPIRIT although I may have to read it  in the morning.  Very good rehearsal this evening with two GOOD numbers staged.....and work the next TWO days.  Oh well.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

jhvw

« Reply #219 on: May 07, 2009, 07:38:27 PM »

I mean Sun lol. My this day has taken it's toll on my brain. I'm off to bed now, I'll be on bright and early tomorrow morning. I have to get up at 4:30.........Thanks again for the good vibes :) I'm confident everything will go great.

Cillaliz

« Reply #220 on: May 07, 2009, 08:08:22 PM »

I mean Sun lol. My this day has taken it's toll on my brain. I'm off to bed now, I'll be on bright and early tomorrow morning. I have to get up at 4:30.........Thanks again for the good vibes :) I'm confident everything will go great.

Jon, I'll be in court tomorrow at 10:00 for about an hour, other than that I should be available if you need to talk.  I'll keep my cell with me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #221 on: May 07, 2009, 08:33:35 PM »

Back from Blithe Spirit, which was very enjoyable - more in a little while.  Since Next To Normal is playing next door to Blithe, I hung around until A. Ripley came out and we hugged and had a nice chat and I told her she was going to win the Tony and that I was never wrong - the last person I told that too did indeed win - Marissa Jaret Wonokur - she didn't believe me - but I'm never wrong. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #222 on: May 07, 2009, 08:33:50 PM »

I told Alice I'd be seeing her show on Sunday.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #223 on: May 07, 2009, 08:34:24 PM »

Weird not to go to Joe Allen after a show but no one wanted to play.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #224 on: May 07, 2009, 08:36:18 PM »

We never got any rain, and it was very warm and muggy out this evening. I'll have the fan on in the bedroom tonight undoubtedly!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #225 on: May 07, 2009, 08:47:37 PM »

Of course, once I brought my umbrella there was no rain - so I figure that's the trick - to always bring my umbrella with me.

Matt H.

« Reply #226 on: May 07, 2009, 08:50:06 PM »

I finished watching the rest of the bonus features on A BUG'S LIFE. There were lots of them, but all were ported over from the special edition DVD.

Matt H.

« Reply #227 on: May 07, 2009, 08:51:14 PM »

Then I skimmed through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. The boys were on, and it was pretty good, especially the ending.

Matt H.

« Reply #228 on: May 07, 2009, 08:51:44 PM »

UGLY BETTY had less humor this week than usual, but it was a good episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #229 on: May 07, 2009, 08:52:30 PM »

Another wonderful episode of GREY'S ANATOMY with a very touching last quarter hour.

Matt H.

« Reply #230 on: May 07, 2009, 08:54:56 PM »

And I ended my evening with tonight's BONES. One of the funniest and then most poignant episodes of the season. Superb!

Matt H.

« Reply #231 on: May 07, 2009, 09:24:36 PM »

Well, bk hasn't locked today's topic yet, so I have jsut enough time to say good night.

Good night!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #232 on: May 07, 2009, 09:29:58 PM »

-How are those flowers on your patio doing?

Fairly well.  My hydrangea is just putting out buds, so it will be a while, but my grape hyacinths were dazzling last month:
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up