Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: WARP SPEED  (Read 17647 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
WARP SPEED
« on: May 18, 2009, 12:11:39 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were warped and had speed, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're using warp speed and they're STILL not home - what's that about?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: WARP SPEED
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 12:13:45 AM »

And the word of the day is: BENTHIC!

DAW

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 02:32:30 AM »

I don't believe I've ever seen Star Trek in any iteration, on television or at the movies.        :P

DAW

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 02:33:01 AM »

Congratulations to DR dB on his new posting milestone!!!     :D

DAW

Ben

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 03:40:44 AM »

I, like DAW, have never seen Star Trek. I may be a geek but, like many sub-groups, my geekiness exerts itself in only one or two areas and Star Trek was never one of those areas.

Michael

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 04:17:01 AM »

I enjoy Star Trek but was never a Trekkie.

Did not watch the last TV series and caught an occasional episode of Deep Station 9 (or whatever it was called) I preferred Babylon 5.

Most of the movies were good and others just okay.

That's about it
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 05:13:59 AM »

T.O.D.

I think I have seen every episode (or almost every episode) of the original STAR TREK series.  If I didn't see some of the episodes on their initial run, I caught up with them over the years in syndication.  I enjoyed the show, but I was never a fanatic.  I watched a few episodes of ST, THE NEXT GENERATION, but was nevver much of a fan.

I have never seen any of the STAR TREK movies.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 05:25:44 AM »

And the word of the day is: BENTHIC!

And The Song Of The Day Is: UNDER THE SEA

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 05:59:57 AM »

Good morning, all! I'm off to Toyland in a few minutes. It's time to clean up the office, put BABES IN TOYLAND to bed, and tidy up.  After that, I'm back here for more Frank Loesser work.

DR Jose Holy Trinity Church, the Catholic Church across from me, became an Episcopalian Church, St Edgar's(?), in last nights L&O: CI episode. Leland Orser played the married philandering priest. I met Vincent D'Onofrio right after FULL METAL JACKET opened and he was very friendly and interesting. I understand he's a lt more of a handful now, but I would have liked to run into him outside my apartment. I think he's very talented. I think my freidn Rebecca knows Kathryn Erbe.

Okay, that's my news.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 06:15:47 AM »

Although I've seen several of the movies and watched various episodes of the original TV series, I am really not a STAR TREK fan.

Not my thing.
You can dream…or you can do.

Ginny

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 06:21:55 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  I left here abruptly yesterday because DH Richard woke up from his longer-than-usual nap and came to my study door complaining of chest pains.  With his family history, we take that pretty seriously, so I called 911 and they transported him to our spiffy new hospital.  It was determined fairly quickly that he did NOT have a heart attack, but our family doctor decided to admit him to see if they could bring down his slight fever enough to administer a stress test.  The doc thinks he may have one of the flu bugs that's going around (not THE flu)  and I think he's plain exhausted.

Fortunately, Rob and Mary Linda were still here, so Rob was waiting up for me when I got home at 1:30am.  They were off to school at UC before 7:15 this morning, but I sure appreciated their help yesterday.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DAW

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 06:42:04 AM »

Wow, DR Ginny.      :P

Glad to hear that DH Richard didn't suffer anything more serious.

***RECOVERY VIBES!!!!!!***

Ginny

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 06:56:08 AM »

Thanks, DR DAW!  I just talked to his nurse (after not being able to reach him by phone) and she said he's having his stress test right now.  As soon as I get the vacation laundry under control, I'll head out there to see what's what.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 07:25:05 AM »

Good morning!

A very cool, crisp morning, and it may inch up to 70 today, but if it does, it will do it just barely. I LOVE days like this. Beautiful, sun shining, but not hot, not even really warm. Just cool and delightful.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 07:25:39 AM »

I had my semi-annual dental check-up and cleaning this morning. Happy to learn all is well. That's always a relief.

Matt H.

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 07:28:06 AM »

I watched STAR TREK off and on during its original run but was never what one could consider a real fan (though I had a crush on William Shatner back in the day for a time). In the years since, I have seen all of the episodes pretty much. Last year I had to review the third season box set of the show with the remastered special effects, and while many of the episodes were clunky and predictable, it looked gorgeous. I can just imagine how fabulous the show looks on Blu-ray.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 07:35:26 AM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 07:30:56 AM »

As for the STAR TREK films, I've seen all of those, too. I had to review them all for the newspaper syndicate I worked for, so that wasn't an option. I always liked the even numbered films in the series (2, 4, 6) better than the odd numbered ones.

I saw all of the three NEXT GENERATION films, too (four if you count STAR TREK GENERATIONS), though I have only seen a handful of TV episodes of the show. Each of the NEXT GENERATION films is worse than its predecessor though all are reasonably entertaining, and they look great on DVD (the last time I watched them). I assume sooner or later, they'll come to Blu-ray, too.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 07:36:43 AM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 07:32:55 AM »

ON TV Tonight!™

CBS - comedies (season finales), CSI: MIAMI (season finale)
NBC - DEAL OR NO DEAL (two hours), MEDIUM (season finale)
ABC - DANCING WITH THE STARS, THE BACHLORETTE (two hour season premiere)
FOX - '24' (two hour season finale)
CW  - GOSSIP GIRL, ONE TREE HILL

Matt H.

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 07:34:09 AM »

Today I'll be working on the recent movie hit TAKEN which came out on Blu-ray last week. I was late getting it from Fox on Blu-ray, of course, but I should be able to see the film and watch the bonus features during the afternoon and evening hours. It doesn't look to be that long a film.

DAW

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 08:05:06 AM »

Note to self:

I must remember to get out to the ballet more frequently...

DAW

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 08:06:58 AM »

Matt H.

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 08:12:35 AM »

LOL! Thank you, DR DAW. That gave me my first good laugh of the day!

:D

Matt H.

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 08:13:43 AM »

Now I have some things I need to print out and then get my dental insurance information sealed up for the mailman to take.

WBBL.

DAW

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 08:14:16 AM »

Martin Scorsese has decided to embrace digital distribution for movies restored by his World Cinema Foundation.

Free registration at the website, theauteurs.com.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 08:19:47 AM »

BK, like you I never watched the original series...though I think I may have seen a few episodes in re-runs.  Not many.  I saw the first two or three movies with the original cast.  I never watched any of the other movies or TV spin-off series.  Leonard Nimoy wanted to have a meeting  with me to discuss writing the film he ultimately directed (at one point, his son was one of my lawyers), but I said I was the wrong guy for the job.  My pal, Harlan Ellison, wrote what many consider the best episode of all time, CITY ON THE EDGE OF FOREVER...and won the WGA award for it.  I remember being at a birthday party for Harlan once (his 65th?) and was talking to mystery writer, Robert Crais.   We both looked over mid-conversation to see Walter Koenig and Leonard Nimoy sitting at Harlan's dining-room table.  Spock and Chekov.  I turned to Bob and said, "Well, this is certainly surreal."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 08:28:15 AM »

It would have been even more so had Chekov gotten up and done the Twist with June Wilkinson!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2009, 08:28:46 AM »

Congrats to DR JENNIFER and her new niece!!!

Recovery vibes to DR GINNY's DH RICHARD.

Ginny

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2009, 08:30:23 AM »

Thank you, DR JRand!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2009, 08:31:31 AM »

I wanted to love STAR TREK, but I didn't.

I don't think I have been able to watch a full episode.  And I gave up even trying when they started going to planets with alternate realities of Earth civilizations such as Nazi Germany and the Old West.

I did however enjoy TNG very much....especially after it had been on awhile, and was then stripped at 11 p.m. each night on my local FOX channel.  Hated Whoopi Goldberg's appearances....but other than that, still watch it now and then when it shows up.

Saw a couple of the movies - but didn't like the "reverent" and "important" tone of most of the ones I did see.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up