Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SHAKE AND BAKE  (Read 12960 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
SHAKE AND BAKE
« on: May 27, 2009, 12:31:47 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were crispy yet non-caloric, and now it is time for you to post until the shake and bake cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: SHAKE AND BAKE
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 12:32:20 AM »

And the word of the day is: JOCUND!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 12:33:17 AM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

DAW

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 12:58:37 AM »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 01:00:13 AM »

Dino

Onid spelled backward.

I have nothing to say to that.  :-X

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 01:02:05 AM »

...so, off to bed I go. :)

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 04:57:00 AM »

Morning all. Another busy day with little time to post.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 04:58:04 AM »

Good morning, all! Another day with the McGlinnventory. I have to be out of the apartment around 8:30 to be over to the East Side between 9 and 9:30. God knows how far we'll get today. I expect to be sorting through cartons for another year.

Last night I had a peculiar dream about an event at the Lincoln Center NYPL for singer June Bronhill, a screwed up subway system and climbing through mud, rock and rubble to get out. When I surfaced, I was in a mall in Trenton, Ohio, and I could not find a taxi.

I hate long weekends. This seems like Tuesday and it's Wednesday. I think.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 06:01:16 AM »

Question for BK regarding yesterday's DVD/Blu-Ray discussion...

Do you think any of the studios might ever pull a stunt and release a huge hit like STAR TREK on Blu-Ray only (with a DVD release to follow a month or so after?)  I was actually expecting that to happen with THE DARK KNIGHT.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 06:22:31 AM »

Anybody else excited to see this CHESS concert on PBS (staring Idina Menzel and Gosh Groban):

June 17th:

http://www.theatermania.com/new-york/news/05-2009/chess-concert-with-idina-menzel-and-josh-groban-to_19300.html

Jennifer

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 06:23:45 AM »

On tv tonight for me:

Another audition night on SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE. I really enjoy watching the auditions, since they tend to focus on the good dancers.

Also the 2nd season of IN PLAIN SIGHT is premiering here tonight (already started in the US). I really enjoyed season 1.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 06:36:50 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm up while the little hand is still in the single digits!  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 06:40:35 AM »

Is today Wednesday ?.  Criminal Minds on TV for me, and to finish my bills, and air for the tires on the car.

I want May to be over.   June will be fun,  get to do 3 things I really want to do.

Nudie Musical 2 nights. Yea.

A fundraiser in Angelino Heights for Bleeding Through.

And to finish unpacking the moving boxes from last December. Yuck.

"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 06:42:38 AM »

OOPS. ;D

Good morning, happy Wednesday, health and happiness for us all.

Off to work.

"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 06:52:16 AM »

Question for bk...  because there are only a certain number of CD's pressed per Kritzerland release, why are they not individually numbered on the CD jacket? 

Michael

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 06:58:27 AM »

Sountrack Guesses

David Raskin's score for Separate Tables

Jerome Moross' score for The Big Country
Never stop dreaming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 06:58:42 AM »

Anybody else excited to see this CHESS concert on PBS (staring Idina Menzel and Gosh Groban):

June 17th:

http://www.theatermania.com/new-york/news/05-2009/chess-concert-with-idina-menzel-and-josh-groban-to_19300.html

I've never been a fan of CHESS.  Aside from "Nobody's Side" and the incredibly catchy "One Night in Bangkok"  I find the score completely forgettable and the book uninvolving.  Add the dull-as-dishwater Josh Groban to the mix and you have (for me) the perfect show to skip and not even DVR.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 06:59:53 AM »

From the Official White House Photostream on Flickr...

Sometimes a picture does say more than a thousand words:

President Barack Obama bends over so the son of a White House staff member can pat his head during a family visit to the Oval Office May 8, 2009. The youngster wanted to see if the President's haircut felt like his own. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)
This official White House photograph is being made available for publication by news organizations and/or for personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way or used in materials, advertisements, products, or promotions that in any way suggest approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 07:05:03 AM »

June 17th:

I've never been a fan of CHESS.  Aside from "Nobody's Side" and the incredibly catchy "One Night in Bangkok"  I find the score completely forgettable and the book uninvolving.  Add the dull-as-dishwater Josh Groban to the mix and you have (for me) the perfect show to skip and not even DVR.

I've always liked Chess, for better or worse.  However, I have to say, that the one song I usually skip over when listening to the concept album or the Broadway OCR is "One Night In Bangkok".

*And at one point and time during previews for the Broadway production, the show ended with Florence singing "Anthem" after being betrayed and abandoned by the two men in her life and her countries. Heart-wrenching.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2009, 07:11:29 AM »

Did AT&T like Kris Allen too?

AT&T May Have Swayed ‘Idol’ Results
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009, 07:12:40 AM »

June 17th:

I've always liked Chess, for better or worse.  However, I have to say, that the one song I usually skip over when listening to the concept album or the Broadway OCR is "One Night In Bangkok".

*And at one point and time during previews for the Broadway production, the show ended with Florence singing "Anthem" after being betrayed and abandoned by the two men in her life and her countries. Heart-wrenching.

LOL!  Yeah,  "One Night in Bangkok" was extremely overplayed on the radio when it did the crossover thing.  It was the "Mambo #5" of its time.
-- Anaïs Nin

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2009, 07:28:39 AM »

And the word of the day is: JOCUND!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  COMEDY TONIGHT

Ginny

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 07:29:16 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  More cleaning & sorting today - I now have 2 boxes and 3 bags of stuff for the AAUW garage sale and 2 bags for charity.

It's still terribly humid here in SW Ohio.  We finally gave in and turned on the AC while I was frying chicken last night.  Hated to close up the house, but it was just too muggy.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 07:54:16 AM »

Do you think any of the studios might ever pull a stunt and release a huge hit like STAR TREK on Blu-Ray only (with a DVD release to follow a month or so after?)  I was actually expecting that to happen with THE DARK KNIGHT.

Disney is doing this with SNOW WHITE in the fall, but, of course, it was already released once on DVD years ago.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 07:56:31 AM »

I'm not a fan of the stage version of CHESS (dreadfully long and dull in the version I saw), but I do like the score.

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 07:58:07 AM »

Good morning!

More clouds this morning, but not as cool as I'd like (well, it IS almost June, after all). They're calling for more afternoon showers today, but I hope they're wrong. The mosquitoes here are just abominable; we don't need any more moisture.

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 07:59:53 AM »

Yes, THE FIFTH ELEMENT on Blu-ray is one of the great transfers in picture and sound. However, Sony redid that release after screwing up the initial attempt on Blu-ray. They used an older dirty master, and people howled like banshees when that was released. Sony redid it, and offered a replacement program for those who bought the original release.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2009, 08:00:56 AM »

They can certainly try, but they've been too nervous to do it heretofore.  They don't need yet more outcry from the DVD millions who, after all, have given the studios an incredible ride for many years - I can only tell you that the studios have lost a lot of consumers because of Blu-Ray - as I said yesterday, the average Joe doesn't appreciate a new format wherein he has to spend more money to get things he was getting for ten dollars less.  This is where they really miscalculated - the cost of the software - and if and when that comes down and the players come way down, then maybe sales will rise - but they probably waited too long for that to happen now, in this economy.

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2009, 08:01:24 AM »

I had planned on beginning CANNON - Season 2, Volume 1 today, but UPS just delivered a Blu-ray of the DR. DOOLITTLE made-for-video Blu-ray, and I'll have to see when it comes out to know if I need to work on it before I start work on CANNON.

Decisions, decisions.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 08:02:10 AM »

Question for bk...  because there are only a certain number of CD's pressed per Kritzerland release, why are they not individually numbered on the CD jacket? 

Labels gave up on doing that ages ago - too much work.  Easier to just say what the limitation is.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up