Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: GAS  (Read 10809 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: GAS
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009, 07:47:26 AM »

I wrote yesterday about my most memorable romantic encounter but considered deleting it after bk's rant about no one taking part in the topic of the day. I didn't go into great detail. It was 28 years ago that it happened, so I did the best I could.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2009, 07:47:40 AM »

Page Two Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2009, 07:50:31 AM »

On TV TOnight!™

NBC - I'M A CELEBRITY, LAW & ORDER: SVU (season finale)
ABC - ACCORDING TO JIM (series finale), EARTH 2100
FOX - MENTAL
CW  - HITCHED OR DITCHED
FX   - RESCUE ME

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2009, 07:51:34 AM »

Today I began another work project, and it's PERRY MASON, Season 4, Volume 1. It's 16 episodes, so it'll definitely take me two days to finish it. Always enjoy these mysteries, and I'm looking forward to watching these today and tomorrow.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2009, 07:52:06 AM »

I wonder if those workers have started working already?  Legally, they could have started 43 minutes ago.  Or maybe they're just going to wait until 8:00amPDT again.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2009, 07:55:10 AM »

I've only had extremely lurid sexual encounters, hence my reticence to post yesterday.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2009, 07:55:58 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  It's warm and humid today in SW Ohio and I'm off to Dayton for 2 meetings with the grantwriters.  The mood should be interesting, because it was announced this morning that NCR is moving their world headquarters to Duluth, Georgia, creating a loss of 1000+ jobs in Dayton.

I anticipate an increase in crime in Franklin OH!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2009, 08:12:57 AM »

Well the Samsung BD P 1500 had been reduced another $58 - to $140.....so I bought it.  Thanks to DRMATTH and DR JMK for their info.....I can hook the player up to the internet via the connection from the APPLE for awhile if it needs updated.

I shall hook it up in a bit and have a full cussing....or rather.....discussion later today.

I bought ONE Blu Ray disk - GREASE.....since it was only $20....so we shall see.
'
Pray for Rosemary's Baby.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2009, 08:13:26 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  It's warm and humid today in SW Ohio and I'm off to Dayton for 2 meetings with the grantwriters.  The mood should be interesting, because it was announced this morning that NCR is moving their world headquarters to Duluth, Georgia, creating a loss of 1000+ jobs in Dayton.

I anticipate an increase in crime in Franklin OH!

Thank you, Sylvia Browne.

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2009, 08:25:30 AM »

Well the Samsung BD P 1500 had been reduced another $58 - to $140.....so I bought it.  Thanks to DRMATTH and DR JMK for their info.....I can hook the player up to the internet via the connection from the APPLE for awhile if it needs updated.

I shall hook it up in a bit and have a full cussing....or rather.....discussion later today.

I bought ONE Blu Ray disk - GREASE.....since it was only $20....so we shall see.
'
Pray for Rosemary's Baby.

Will be glad to offer any help necessary if you need it, and I look forward to your thoughts on the experience.

Jennifer

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2009, 08:26:07 AM »

Thanks DR MattH for the info on My Life on the D List. I would have gone to Bravo's website. But we are behind 6 weeks on at least one of their shows and i did not want to be spoiled.

I checked on the comedy network's website (the channel that airs it in canada). They are usually about a month behind in past years. I think i will email them and ask.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2009, 08:26:21 AM »

I've had several moves in my life, none traumatic I'm happy to say.  The military moved me nine times.  Each seemed to be a full day's evolution.  In all those moves I can recall only a few items not making it to the new destination, none of them irreplaceable or particularly significant to me (but I can imagine the lure of them  for sticky fingers). The last one was the most exhausting.  That was in 1995 when I moved out of a third floor walk-up (and walk-down) condo into a fourth floor condo with elevator.

I busted my hump for about a week moving odds and ends I thought "I" should move rather than the mover I hired.  The mover had a crew of two and they were superb.  I was into my condo (with excess delivered to my storage unit) in about four hours.  I spent Thanksgiving week 1995 making trips back and forth to the old condo picking up things left behind and cleaning.  It was tiring....especially making six or seven trips up and down those stairs loaded with stuff.

As a kid, my parents moved us from Johnston SC to Greenville SC when I was seven.  In Greenville, we moved three times while I was a kid.  None was particularly traumatic, but I was in a "different" school district on the second move and didn't much like the school I had to attend for 6th and 7th grades.  Happily, we moved in the middle of my 7th-grade year and I found myself in Junior High School along with kids I knew in elementary school.  So, it was more the impact on my life, rather than the move, that I remember about those moves.

The move I am not looking forward to is my next one.  It will take me across country and I'm really not certain how I'm going to manage it.  I have "collections" that must be considered -- books, records, CDs and DVDs, film memorabilia -- many of you know whereof I speak.  Do I pre-pack them, oversee the re-packaging and trust them to fate?  Or do I rent a truck for my most cherished possessions and drive them cross-country? 

Sigh.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 08:32:17 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2009, 08:26:57 AM »

I guess it's time for me to head downstairs to check the mail (I got NOTHING yesterday either from USPS or UPS), and then start thinking about what's for lunch.

WBBL.

Jennifer

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2009, 08:28:31 AM »

DR Jose, how much of I'M A CELEBRITY did you watch?

It was crazy and not what i was expecting. I wonder what the producers promised Spencer and Heidi Pratt to get them not to walk? It was weird that they did not compete in the challenge.

I think they are the most popular celebs on there right now. And I'm sure the producers would have been upset if they had walked.

For those who didn't watch, these two said they were leaving about 5 minutes after they arrived. Yet somehow they returned (only to walk off again and return again). It was very odd! But i love watching those two.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2009, 08:34:03 AM »

Can someone you've never heard of BE a celebrity?

;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2009, 08:37:22 AM »

On tonight tv here:

We have Canada's Next Top Model, 2nd episode.

And i will watch I'm A Celebrity to see what those Pratts are up to.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2009, 08:38:15 AM »

;)

I was about to ask the same thing.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2009, 08:40:05 AM »

;)

There are few on the show i've never heard of. There is a female wrestler. Two black comedians.

There are some i did know: janice dickinson, sanjaya, stephen baldwin, lou diamond phillips.

Maybe people here don't know Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt, but they are quite famous and on the covers of many magazines (they star on the MTV Show The Hills).

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2009, 08:41:48 AM »

I was awakened not by the sound of machinery or hammering - no, I was awakened by a conversation between two people, standing right by my bedroom window.  Had they been standing elsewhere I would have slept right through it, but common courtesy or even brainpower seems to be beyond these people.  In fact, there hasn't been any noise yet.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2009, 08:43:15 AM »

It was crazy and not what i was expecting. I wonder what the producers promised Spencer and Heidi Pratt to get them not to walk? It was weird that they did not compete in the challenge.

I think they are the most popular celebs on there right now. And I'm sure the producers would have been upset if they had walked.

For those who didn't watch, these two said they were leaving about 5 minutes after they arrived. Yet somehow they returned (only to walk off again and return again). It was very odd! But i love watching those two.

DR Jennifer - I watched about two minutes of it... Then switched over to the rerun of "Big Bang Theory" as well as the Stevie Wonder concert on PBS.  Then I switched back to it again a couple of minutes later, and only made it through 30 seconds of it.

IMHO, it's just a truly stupid program. With some truly stupid people on it. And most of those "celebrities" are more the product of hype and self-over-exposure rather than talent and true charisma.  And the hosts: Who? What? Why?  And then there was the whole "we're-not-"Survivor"-but-we're-going-to-make-the-show-seem-like-"Survivor" look.  UGH!

*And it was fun when I would check my Twitter feed last night... Lots of people were changing the channel.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 08:45:24 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2009, 08:44:51 AM »

I haven't done firmware updates on the player - it's only had one problem disc and that was Taken - when I disabled BD Live, it played fine, but I'm sure it will play fine once I do the update.  But I don't want to drag the player into the kitchen where my modem is, which seems to be the only way to do it that I can see.  But since MattH has a Samsung, the question is are you on the Internet wirelessly and if so how?  I haven't been able to figure that out yet.  Otherwise, I'm gathering if I buy one of those little flash drive things and download to it, then plug that into the player that it will magically know how to take what's on the flash drive?  Or do I have to go into a menu to do it?  Clear directions would be most appreciated. 

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2009, 08:47:55 AM »

bk - Didn't your new BD player come with a manual?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2009, 08:49:23 AM »

DR Jennifer - I watched about two minutes of it... Then switched over to the rerun of "Big Bang Theory" as well as the Stevie Wonder concert on PBS.  Then I switched back to it again a couple of minutes later, and only made it through 30 seconds of it.

IMHO, it's just a truly stupid program. With some truly stupid people on it. And most of those "celebrities" are more the product of hype and self-over-exposure rather than talent and true charisma.  And the hosts: Who? What? Why?  And then there was the whole "we're-not-"Survivor"-but-we're-going-to-make-the-show-seem-like-"Survivor" look.  UGH!

*And it was fun when I would check my Twitter feed last night... Lots of people were changing the channel.

The funniest part was not knowing what would happen. And watching spencer and heidi trying to leave. ANd watching spencer trying to torture the others. They walked off the show. And so the other "celebs" split their stuff. ANd when speidi returned they were so mad! He really is a wonderful villain to watch.

Re: the hosts. The woman was on the british version of the show. The guy seems familiar to me. I think he might be on MTV. I've seen him co-host Regis & kelly.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2009, 08:56:02 AM »

Well GREASE in Blu Ray is very nice.  It is the only BR Disk I own, so I cannot comment on others.  I will try a regular disk later.

A couple of my homegrown DVD's would NOT play - another one did - so I will reconnect by handy dandy Phillips player to use for those, my television has plenty of inputs so there you are.

It was not difficult, and I expect my regular DVD's will look even nicer in the BD player....and as I said...it was only $140!  They had a SONY player as well for $175.....but the Samsung is the one I had researched and had heard about here on HHW....so I guess I am now in the 21st Century for sure.

I figured since my TV was capable of playing Blu Ray - I should go ahead and step up....since it was ON SALE!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2009, 08:58:06 AM »

Being famous and then being on television is one thing - being famous FOR being on television is the most tedious and tenuous form of celebrity - and one that makes me very tired.

Kerry

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2009, 09:03:14 AM »

Happy Freedom Day (observed) to everyone!

Freedom Day is a holiday I made up. Everyone should have a holiday of one's own invention.

That's good to know.
I like boat races.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2009, 09:07:17 AM »

Still no noise, so if those oafs hadn't had their ten-minute conversation right in front of my bedroom window, I'd probably still be sleeping.

Kerry

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2009, 09:07:41 AM »

TOD:

I hate to move and often say that the next time I move will be in a body bag.   The time I really meant it with the last house turned out NOT to be true.  I expect I'll have to move at least one more time.  The moves themselves have been few and have gone well all things considered.  This does not take into account the upheaval and anxiety associated with each one.  Moving, for me anyway, is pure hell (even when it's a move to a better place or for really good reasons--it's still hell).
I like boat races.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2009, 09:12:16 AM »

I watched some of California Suite over the weekend on TCM.  I remember seeing it at the movies so many years ago.  And this time around I really enjoyed seeing Jane Fonda's performance.  She really is very good - Alan Alda I can take or leave, but they played very well together.  The Walter Matthau-Elaine May segment seemed a lost opportunity.

Bill Cosby and Richard Pryor were not very funny - but the material was so bad.

But Jane Fonda.....sometimes with all the extra stuff around her life then and now....I forget that she truly is a very good actress....and sometimes an extraordinary one.  Not everyone can make Neil Simon's dialog seem like real speak.....

Oh and Maggie Smith and Michael Caine are very good as well.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2009, 09:18:03 AM »

Dang.....now I want to watch Cat Ballou again.

"They can have the ranch - I don't want it now he's gone.  But Woof City hasn't seen the last of me.  I'll be back - and I'm gonna make Sherman's March to the sea look like a bird walk!"  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up