Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: MY NEW OBSESSION  (Read 13209 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: MY NEW OBSESSION
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2009, 11:24:30 AM »

PAGE FOUR DANCE!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2009, 11:25:06 AM »

Dropping by for a mo to say hi.

BK, I mentioned SAAWARIYA a long time ago, and if you want a quick laugh, play the BD with the various soundtrack and subtitles options.  One of them is a lady reading the English subtitles.  Very strange.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Laura

« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2009, 11:53:06 AM »

I just had a nice long telephone conversation with my sister. Her last chemo treatment was yesterday. She feels fine today. The sick feelings will come probably tomorrow and last a week.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2009, 11:56:48 AM »

I am so sick of this lousy weather! I did my walk. went to NYPL and the pharmacy, then waited 25 minutes for a bus, which is pathetic. Of course, when it arrived, it was packed, with a lot of parents and free-riding kids in seats while us old coots who have to pay for the ride stand. Fuckem.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2009, 12:10:59 PM »

Vibes to your sister, DR Laura!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2009, 12:17:36 PM »

Hello, everyone.

I have nothing to report.
That is all.

DAW

« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2009, 01:00:01 PM »

***HEALTH VIBES***
for the DS of Laura DR!!!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2009, 01:01:15 PM »

Back from various and sundried errands.  I listened to the new West Side Story album - terrible.  Everything I hate about poor recording and mixing - voices too low, too dry, too ugly-sounding - orchestra sounding like they're in one space while the voices sound like they're down the hall in a tiny dead room.  So, I took out the B'way cast album and though it was recorded in the late 1950s it blows the new one out of the water in every possible way - probably because the original had a real producer, Goddard Lieberson, and not a poseur calling himself a producer.   Horrible.  Dialogue spoken as if they were doing an intimate radio drama - you can barely hear it - you can barely hear the finger snaps in the Prologue - HELLO - this is WEST SIDE STORY.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2009, 01:23:22 PM »

I just had a nice long telephone conversation with my sister. Her last chemo treatment was yesterday. She feels fine today. The sick feelings will come probably tomorrow and last a week.

Good news the chemo is done with & I hope she isn't sick for long with this last round.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2009, 01:24:09 PM »

It is a cool 56 degrees here.

Ben

« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2009, 01:26:22 PM »

Healthy Vibes to Dear Laura's sister!!!

Ben

« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2009, 01:27:47 PM »

It's a chilly and rainy day in Manhattan.

I'm glad Jose got to use the tickets for The Wiz. If we had been feeling better (Anthony is a bit under the weather also), I would have grabbed them. I've only seen the movie and I am not a fan of that particular stage to screen transfer.

Ben

« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2009, 01:29:16 PM »

I've been feeling better as the day goes on. We will continue watching another episode or two of The Forstye Saga. We watched one episode last night but I had to stop after one because I was too tired to watch for another hour. I feel as if I can get through at least two episodes tonight after dinner.

Ben

« Reply #103 on: June 20, 2009, 01:32:14 PM »

Ginny, regarding library budget cutbacks, when we were at the NY Public Library last week during Anthony's birthday we ran into the new Internet situation. It used to be if a terminal was open you could log in  and stay as long as no one needed it. Now you need a library card and you must enter your number along with a pin and you are limited to 45 minutes for the entire day!. The librarian said people were coming in (especially homeless people and kids) and monopolizing the terminals. They started the log in and they may cut out free internet completely to save money. It's sad!

Ginny

« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2009, 01:48:37 PM »

Wow, DR Ben, those ARE stringent Internet policies!  Unfortunately, Ohio has always been the envy of the other 49 states when it comes to public library funding.  That seems to be in dire peril right now - I'm so glad I retired!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2009, 01:51:00 PM »

I'm baking coffee cakes for the social hour after church tomorrow and our house smells g-o-o-d!

MBarnum

« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2009, 01:53:24 PM »

Our Salem library limit on their computers is 1 hour, as I recall.

MBarnum

« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2009, 01:53:52 PM »

My house now smells clean and fresh, which is more then I can say for myself. Off to the showers.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2009, 02:13:27 PM »

I'm baking coffee cakes for the social hour after church tomorrow and our house smells g-o-o-d!

How didyou like BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S? Did I miss your comments?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

François

« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2009, 02:14:24 PM »

My house now smells clean and fresh, which is more then I can say for myself. Off to the showers.

Need someone to scratch your back? :o

François

« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2009, 02:15:28 PM »

Breakfast at Tiffany's with coffee cakes sounds like a treat to me!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2009, 02:22:47 PM »

Hmmm... It looks like they got stuck in reverse.

Too bad that's not the only problem the musical had.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ginny

« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2009, 02:23:24 PM »

I was surprised that Richard watched the whole movie with me.  Of course, I loved the NYC setting and the sweet story.  We noticed that people sure smoked a lot back then and that everyone was so dressed up all the time.

Matt H.

« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2009, 02:26:30 PM »

Now, that was NOT fun.

We just had a momentary power outage. It's so hot here I'm guessing circuits got overloaded with lots of people running air conditioners for the first time this year.

Anyway, it completely shut down my computer, and I had to do a hard reboot and wait for everything to load up again. What a drag!

Matt H.

« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2009, 02:29:18 PM »

Back from various and sundried errands.  I listened to the new West Side Story album - terrible.  Everything I hate about poor recording and mixing - voices too low, too dry, too ugly-sounding - orchestra sounding like they're in one space while the voices sound like they're down the hall in a tiny dead room.  So, I took out the B'way cast album and though it was recorded in the late 1950s it blows the new one out of the water in every possible way - probably because the original had a real producer, Goddard Lieberson, and not a poseur calling himself a producer.   Horrible.  Dialogue spoken as if they were doing an intimate radio drama - you can barely hear it - you can barely hear the finger snaps in the Prologue - HELLO - this is WEST SIDE STORY.

I haven't even had the least bit of curiosity about this new recording. I have the original cast and the movie soundtrack, and I suspect that's all I'll ever need of WEST SIDE STORY.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2009, 02:29:20 PM »

Good Afternoon!

I'm back from City Center.

DR FJL - Thank you, once again, for your generosity. I was glad I got to see this production. Yes, the show is - and always has been - a "hot mess", and, yes, the years have not been kind to it.  However, there were some great performances and performers, and it was especially heartwarming to see so many families in the audience... With children who behaved during the show!

*During intermission, I happened to be standing next to a father and his four- or five-year old son.  His father liked the show, and his son was making sure he finished his snack and drink fast enough so that he wouldn't miss the start of the second act! :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2009, 02:31:51 PM »

Because I really enjoyed revisiting the first two seasons of LOST on Blu-ray when I reviewed them, I thought I'd like to continue with the story, so while lunch was cooking, since it was way too hot to sit on the porch, I put in Season 3 on Blu-ray and begin with the frist episode.

What a GREAt series this is! And that first episode of season three, which is the first time we've seen the Hydra Station, is so fabulous. I'm going to enjoy going back through this third season.

Matt H.

« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2009, 02:33:17 PM »

I also have the last disc in the fourth season of THE CLOSER that I'll try to begin watching tonight at some point.

I must get my work project completed first, of course.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2009, 02:33:27 PM »

I just hopped back uptown for a bit so that I could re-freshen myself for yet another show tonight. Another friend had an extra ticket to Archbishop Supreme Tartuffe which stars André de Shields, and features "Isaac" himself from "The Loveboat", Ted Lange.  Looks like quite an interesting premise for a "play with music".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2009, 02:33:46 PM »

And now...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up