Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LAST OF JUNE  (Read 20053 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE LAST OF JUNE
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2009, 12:15:03 PM »

Anything by ABBA (but especially "If It Wasn't For the Nights"...does anyone else remember that song?)
Heaven Must Have Sent You
I Love the Nightlife
I Will Survive
It's Raining Men
Last Dance
Knock On Wood
On the Radio

I especially LOVE Donna Summer's original "Live & More" album (the LP with "MacArthur Park Suite")
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 12:17:03 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2009, 12:24:02 PM »

WHOA!

Just tracking some Tweets to see how long the line was/is for Shakespeare in the Park is today.  Apparently, about 1000 people were already in line by 8:00 this morning.  Hmmm...  Maybe Virtual Line will be the way to go.

Well...

Apparently the line-regulator at the Delacorte was telling people who arrived after 7:30am that they may not get tickets to Twelfth Night.

And they had people starting to line up last night at 1:00am! The line was already past the "The End" was wrapped around the reservoir by 9:00am today.

Hmmm...

UGH!  Richard just declared, "I am NOT going to stand in line at 6am!"  Guess I better look at that virtual line thingy again...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2009, 12:28:53 PM »

Anyway, we're back from a fruitful day.  Picked up our pre-ordered tickets for tonight's (7pm, 7pm, 7pm) Blithe Spirit and bought tickets for Avenue Q for Wednesday evening and Mary Stuart for Friday evening.  We then walked over to Bryant Park for a little rest, visited Patience & Fortitude at NYPL, saw the Declaration of Independence exhibit, and took the bus down 5th Ave. to DR Ben's workplace.  They exchanged my waterlogged publication, no problem.  Lunch at Chat 'n' Chew, a look around Academy Records and the Cupcake Cafe, and a pleasant bus ride up 6th Ave.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2009, 12:33:36 PM »

Good news for DR Matthew (and those DRs who also had this one on their wishlist)--LEADER OF THE PACK is scheduled to be released on CD on 8/11/2009.

And speaking of John McGlinn, a compilation of his EMI recordings has been released today, THE VERY BEST OF BROADWAY.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 12:35:23 PM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2009, 12:46:03 PM »

WHOA!

Just tracking some Tweets to see how long the line was/is for Shakespeare in the Park is today.  Apparently, about 1000 people were already in line by 8:00 this morning.  Hmmm...  Maybe Virtual Line will be the way to go.

Well...

Apparently the line-regulator at the Delacorte was telling people who arrived after 7:30am that they may not get tickets to Twelfth Night.

And they had people starting to line up last night at 1:00am! The line was already past the "The End" was wrapped around the reservoir by 9:00am today.

Hmmm...

UGH!  Richard just declared, "I am NOT going to stand in line at 6am!"  Guess I better look at that virtual line thingy again...

OK, we're both registered for the virtual line and I think I understand the routine.

Ginny

« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2009, 12:51:42 PM »

Hi, DR Elmore, how was your day?

Cillaliz

« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2009, 12:58:51 PM »

DR Matt, I agree with you regarding THE CLOSER, excellent episode and the young actor did a superb job.

DR Cilla I’m shocked you don’t have a will.  Heck, you don’t even have to pay a fortune to have one written for you ;)

Well, right now everything would go to my parents if I died intestate and that's fine with me, so it's not that big a deal.  I can't think of anyone I'd want to give anything to, unless it's a trust for my cats. :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2009, 01:02:55 PM »

Anyway, we're back from a fruitful day.  Picked up our pre-ordered tickets for tonight's (7pm, 7pm, 7pm) Blithe Spirit and bought tickets for Avenue Q for Wednesday evening and Mary Stuart for Friday evening.  We then walked over to Bryant Park for a little rest, visited Patience & Fortitude at NYPL, saw the Declaration of Independence exhibit, and took the bus down 5th Ave. to DR Ben's workplace.  They exchanged my waterlogged publication, no problem.  Lunch at Chat 'n' Chew, a look around Academy Records and the Cupcake Cafe, and a pleasant bus ride up 6th Ave.

What a wondeful day!   I've been to Chat an Chew with DR Ben and Ant a couple times.   That was Chat and Chew wasn't it Ben?

Cillaliz

« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2009, 01:06:32 PM »

This morning I looked at the new paint in the Kitchen again.  I'm not sure I can get used to it. It's one of those - I sort of like it, but not sure I like it sort of things.  I'm going to do a second coat of the Antique Copper color tonight. I think that will help.   I'm going to finish what I planned to do with it and will see how it looks with the new countertop.    It's just paint.  I can always change it later.

Ginny

« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2009, 01:07:43 PM »

I think I need a nap - bye for now!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2009, 01:24:53 PM »

I just looked at the new HTF discussion board - it's horrible.  Slow as molasses and weird-looking and very unfriendly.  Won't be going there much anymore.

Well, bk, I beg you to remember the two times THIS board has switched over to something else. It was slow, buggy, and pissed off a lot of people, and then the kinks got worked out and one adjusted. It's all a part of folks trying to update, modernize, and I have a feeling things will improve. It has only been up a few hours, you know.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2009, 01:27:37 PM »

I began my afternoon viewing with last night's RAISING THE BAR. Pretty good episode. I felt so bad for a father who made a really poor decision and looks like he's going to be paying for it for the rest of his life.

Matt H.

« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2009, 01:29:47 PM »

Then I watched Godard's MADE IN U.S.A. He's really struggling to juggle a narrative film (with a very thin noir-like plot) with pop, literary, and political talk and also incorporate lots of stylistic touches a la the French New WAve.

It's really a jumble, though, and not very enjoyable. Interesting to see what he's trying to do, but as entertainment, it's just not very satisfying.

Matt H.

« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2009, 01:32:04 PM »

Then I watched all of the bonus features. There was a featurette with two critics discussing this film and the next one (2 OR 3 THINGS I KNOW ABOUT HER) as Godard's last before he took a long break from moviemaking.

There were interviews with the film's two stars.

There was a VERY valuable bonus citing all of the pop, literary, and political references inserted into the film, helpful since it was made in 1966 and all of those allusions to things not cinema related went right over my head especially dealing with French politics.

Matt H.

« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2009, 01:32:41 PM »

I skimmed through today's THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. No Adam/Rafe and not in the previews for tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2009, 01:34:05 PM »

I skimmed through today's ONE LIFE TO LIVE. Kyle was there but figured only minorly in the storylines. FIsh hasn't shown up yet for that story to begin.

Matt H.

« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2009, 01:35:00 PM »

Then I rewatched last night's THE CLOSER since I had enjoyed it so much. ENjoyed it all over again. I love Brenda and Fritz working together and their work methods clashing so amusingly.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2009, 01:46:36 PM »

Live with it a couple of weeks, DR CILLA LIZ.  Give your brain a chance to adjust to it as the regular color, not a shock because the neurons are expecting the old color.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2009, 01:48:18 PM »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2009, 01:51:59 PM »

Leaving for rehearsal....the Golden Helmet of Mambrino......

Matt H.

« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2009, 02:02:17 PM »

I was right about the UPS man leaving a package this morning. Sadly, it was two Fox Blu-rays that aren't great classics of the cinema: 12 ROUNDS and STREET FIGHTER.

I'll likely do 12 ROUNDS tomorrow and STREET FIGHTER on Friday.

Matt H.

« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2009, 02:02:43 PM »

Now I must hop off-line and get some writing done.

WBBL.

Miss Karen

« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2009, 02:03:11 PM »

Lady Marmalade
Shake, Shake, Shake
Do You Think I'm Sexy

and Rock the Boat (not so much musically as my favorite, but nostalgically because it was one of the first and was played a bunch at the clubs and dances when I was in college, so I danced to that one a bunch)

Ben

« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2009, 02:10:33 PM »

One down and one to go. I just had half a chicken sandwich from last night but I'm hungry. It looks like it may rain but I may go out anyway.

Anthony is on Long Island.

I had a 90 minute rehearsal from 11 to 12:30 and had about an hour for lunch and to wind down. I then went into the presentation which went very well. I was pleased with my portion and everyone else seemed pleased about the overall 2 FULL HOURS. I'm hungry and I'm tired.

We have to leave at 9:30 tomorrow morning for the Starr Foundation. I don't have to carry it but we are bringing a portable projector and a laptop because they don't have equipment. Oh, well.

Ginny, it sounds like you had a good time in my "hood" I (we) would have loved to chat and chew but it was not to be. Next time.

I'm going to get something to eat. Since Anthony is not here and I'm tired I don't feel like cooking.

What to have? Something yummilicious I think. OMG, I'm turning into Bruce!

Miss Karen

« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2009, 02:19:49 PM »

OMG, I'm turning into Bruce!

Yikes!  The world ain't ready for two of 'em!!

....Just joshin' around, bk. Who loves ya baby?!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2009, 02:22:49 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2009, 02:23:44 PM »

Good Afternoon!

So... I thought I would take a nap, and I guess I did.  And now that downpour has started, I guess I'm not leaving the apartment today.  But at least the rain has cooled things down again.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2009, 02:25:46 PM »

And as for the closing The Little Mermaid... I was hanging out with a friend of mine yesterday afternoon who's on the music staff.  We had actually talking about just how much longer show would run.  I guess we now know.  -And they just started rehearsing two new cast members today... :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2009, 02:30:38 PM »

WHOA!

Well...

Hmmm...

And according the reports from The Public, they had a record number of people signed up for the Virtual Line today.  So many, that it practically crashed The Public Theater's main site: PublicTheater.org.  However, the virtual line was still accessible - for those in the know - by going to directly to:

http://vline.publictheater.org/account/

*You may want to bookmark that site, DR Ginny.

**And it looks like they also had a record number of people waiting in the real line in the Park too.  I'm guessing the nicer weather today, Pride this past weekend and the holiday weekend coming up, more people were just in town and in the mood to wait for tickets.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2009, 02:31:51 PM »

Leaving for rehearsal....the Golden Helmet of Mambrino......

One of my favorite songs utilizing odd meters!
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up