Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: RERUNS OF HAZEL  (Read 22738 times)

Laura

Re: RERUNS OF HAZEL
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2009, 07:20:12 AM »

Yes, that had all the potential of being bad news. I'm so glad it wasn't.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jennifer

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2009, 07:25:34 AM »

DR MattH, is soapnet a channel that most people in the US get? It's not available in canada. And when people miss the CBS feed (on the soaps newsgroup) i never hear people saying they can catch up on it here. So i sort of assumed it was a station that only few people got.

Jennifer

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2009, 07:27:39 AM »

Also, DR MattH re: yesterday's Y&R

I'm curious how you knew what phillip would say. Did you read spoilers in advance? I don't read spoilers but i thought they were being pretty quiet about what his storyline would be (or if it would be him or his son who was gay).

The only spoilers i read now are for casting. I've been doing this for quite a while. Because i find i enjoy it a lot more when i don't know every detail that is coming up.

Jennifer

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2009, 07:29:38 AM »

DR Cillaliz that sounds scary. Btw, you need call display!

Jennifer

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2009, 07:30:01 AM »

I'm curious, is anyone here gonna watch Big Brother (it starts tomorrow)?

DAW

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2009, 07:33:46 AM »

Thanks, DR FJL.      :)

DAW

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2009, 07:34:14 AM »

DR Cillaliz, I hope you have a better night of sleep tonight!       I would find that most unsettling.

DAW

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2009, 07:35:10 AM »

This was your dog, I hope?

;D

Inspector Clouseau:   "That was not my dog!"

Jennifer

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2009, 07:37:02 AM »

I am now all caught up on the first 9 episodes of THE FASHION SHOW. Interesting show. Very similar to PROJECT RUNWAY. Yet enough differences. I'm surprised how much i like the hosts (which i thought i would hate).

It's also interesting how they don't seem to base their decisions solely on that week's work. That is one thing that often made me mad about PROJECT RUNWAY. They would let talented designers go if that week's project sucked.

On this show they often seem to consider which designer is more talented on the whole (which i totally agree with doing).

I sort of miss that we never get to see them pick the models (we don't know their names or how they are selected). But i am enjoying the show more than i thought. I guess there are only 3 episodes left?

Oh one thing that is very different is that the audience chooses the top and bottom. It's a very interesting twist (although i don't always agree with their choices).
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 07:39:21 AM by Jennifer »

Kerry

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2009, 07:45:45 AM »

My question for ASK BK day - when you were growing up - what was the MOST frustrating broadcast television conflict you can remember....when there were two shows on at the same time, and you couldn't watch both.....

For me:

Hazel on NBC and Margie on ABC

Bonanza on NBC and The Judy Garland Show on CBS

Here's Lucy on CBS and Laugh-In on NBC

Friday nights for a season or two around 1969-- "The Avengers" on ABC and "Wild, Wild West" on CBS
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2009, 07:46:30 AM »

There was a huge thunder and lightning storm last night.  I only knew about it when an upset 75-pound dog woke me up by lying on top of me and barking.

This was your dog, I hope?

LOL!
I like boat races.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2009, 07:46:43 AM »

DR Michael S, WHOOP UP was released as a cd over ten years ago.  It went quickly out of print and became one of the most hotly sought and over priced cds on eBay, often going for over $100. (I don't know why--it's a pretty terrible score!  Even Susan Johnson does not save it.)

No, but her cuts are the best things on the CD (along with "Love Eyes" which I love the swing of.)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2009, 07:48:49 AM »

DR MattH, is soapnet a channel that most people in the US get? It's not available in canada. And when people miss the CBS feed (on the soaps newsgroup) i never hear people saying they can catch up on it here. So i sort of assumed it was a station that only few people got.

It's a basic channel on my cable service, but for those without cable or dish, of course it's not available.

Y&R is the only CBS soap they carry. They carry all three ABC soaps.

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2009, 07:52:22 AM »

Also, DR MattH re: yesterday's Y&R

I'm curious how you knew what phillip would say. Did you read spoilers in advance? I don't read spoilers but i thought they were being pretty quiet about what his storyline would be (or if it would be him or his son who was gay).

The only spoilers i read now are for casting. I've been doing this for quite a while. Because i find i enjoy it a lot more when i don't know every detail that is coming up.

I read an interview with the out gay actor who plays Philip, and he let the cat out of the bag several weeks ago. That's how I knew.

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2009, 07:55:13 AM »

I am now all caught up on the first 9 episodes of THE FASHION SHOW. Interesting show. Very similar to PROJECT RUNWAY. Yet enough differences. I'm surprised how much i like the hosts (which i thought i would hate).

It's also interesting how they don't seem to base their decisions solely on that week's work. That is one thing that often made me mad about PROJECT RUNWAY. They would let talented designers go if that week's project sucked.

On this show they often seem to consider which designer is more talented on the whole (which i totally agree with doing).

I sort of miss that we never get to see them pick the models (we don't know their names or how they are selected). But i am enjoying the show more than i thought. I guess there are only 3 episodes left?

Oh one thing that is very different is that the audience chooses the top and bottom. It's a very interesting twist (although i don't always agree with their choices).

I much prefer Tim Gunn's helpful tips to the contestants rather than the rather bitchy, snide comments of the hosts on THE FASHION SHOW. And I don't like that the attendees determine the high and low. I often disagree with their selections.

I also have noticed that a couple of the designers each week aren't dwelt on so that their designs are a total surprise when they come down the runway.

Matt H.

« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2009, 07:56:06 AM »

Good morning!

It was a bit cooler this morning, but no cooler this afternoon with another day of 90 degree temperatures. Fall can't get here soon enough for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2009, 07:58:20 AM »

Looks like I'll be having yet another day off. There was no mail yesterday in terms of review items, and the UPS man drove right by this morning.

Don't know what I'll be interested in watching. Might rewatch one of the James Bond films on Blu-ray.

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2009, 08:01:50 AM »

I don't really collect soundtracks any more unless they're musicals, but I'd likely spring for THE YELLOW ROLLS ROYCE on CD. I have always loved that score and the movie is just so much fun. I was thrilled when it finally got a decent release on DVD recently.

Now, if we could only get THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF THE BROTHERS GRIMM on DVD. And a REAL soundtrack of that movie (not the Charlie Ruggles narrated storybook disc) would also make me purchase the CD.

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2009, 08:04:45 AM »

On TV TOnight!™

ABC - WIPEOUT, JAPANESE GAME SHOW, PRIMETIME: CRIME
NBC - AMERICA'S GOT TALENT (two hours), THE PHILANTHROPIST
FOX - SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE? (two hours)

Matt H.

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2009, 08:05:30 AM »

Next week features the return of LEVERAGE to TNT, and I can't wait. I enjoyed its first season SO much.

Matt H.

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2009, 08:07:48 AM »

Yes, the problematic JUDY GARLAND SHOW/BONANZA scheduling caused many a row at my house that particular season. No we didn't have DVRs or VCRs back then, but we did have two televisions, and often either my father (who HATED Judy Garland) or me (who adored Judy Garland) would view his preferred show back in my parents' bedroom.

Matt H.

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2009, 08:09:42 AM »

I was just talking with a friend the other day about the year that Julie Andrews had her variety show, and ABC experimented with it moving it around the schedule, and it eventually ended up on Saturday night opposite MARY TYLER MOORE. I opted for Julie since I knew MTM would be rerun during the summer and Julie likely wouldn't. I made the smart choice with that.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2009, 08:12:00 AM »

My question for ASK BK day - when you were growing up - what was the MOST frustrating broadcast television conflict you can remember....when there were two shows on at the same time, and you couldn't watch both.....

For me:

Hazel on NBC and Margie on ABC

Bonanza on NBC and The Judy Garland Show on CBS

Here's Lucy on CBS and Laugh-In on NBC

I honestly can't remember any conflicts with favorite programming ever.  I'm sure there may have been a few, but I just don't know what they'd have been.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2009, 08:14:01 AM »

ASK BK

Were any of the songs you wrote for Nudie Musical or The Creature Wasn't Nice eligible to have been nominated for an Academy Award?

Any song written for any released film is eligible - for submission.  We submitted all the Nudie songs, just because at that time the average age of the music branch of the Academy was about eighty and we thought we'd raise a ruckus.  I still have the certificate of submission somewhere.  Oh, and we didn't get nominated, but I wonder if today Dancing Dildos mightn't get a nod, just so they could do it on the show.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2009, 08:15:45 AM »

ANOTHER ASK BK

The following were originally released on the MGM label do they still have control of them as they do with the UA label?

I think this has been asked before - MGM Records is not owned by MGM Music, who run the UA catalog.  Any album that was on MGM is owned by Polygram (unless it's been sold AGAIN) and Polygram was and probably is controlled by Universal.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2009, 08:16:27 AM »

BK, I don't remember HAZEL particularly well, but I did tour in dinner theatre with Don DeFore in The Silver Whistle (also Tony-winner Deanna Dunagan was in the first leg of the tour).  Dallas, then to Columbus during the blizzrd of '76-'77.  Larry Drake (who was also in the cast) and I left Dallas at 11pm on a Sunday after we closed the last show and drove through ice and snow non-stop to my parents house in Northern Kentucky, arriving late Monday night.  We got up early the next morning to drive to Columbus for a 10am pick-up rehearsal that morning, before opening that night.  Ah, show biz!

Mr. DeFore was a very nice fellow full of fun Hollywood stories.  And a big Ronnie Reagan fan...

I'll have your blurb today.

http://poguespages.blogspot.com

Ooh!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2009, 08:18:45 AM »

I suppose there were FAMILY conflicts about shows watched, but from the time I was about eight we had our own TV in the bedroom - where I suppose there were conflicts with my brother, although I could throw mighty tantrums and I'm quite sure I won all conflicts.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2009, 08:20:16 AM »

Oh, and I'm up.  The noise was unbelievable this morning - loud hammering and yammering and wood plank sounding like they were being hurled.  I stayed in bed thinking it would get better but it got worse - until I got out of bed and sat at the computer.  At which point it stopped completely.  I HATE these people.  Right now, there's ONE guy out there, merrily hammering away.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2009, 08:20:52 AM »

This is for BK and Everybody

Jerome Kern was signed to write the score for ANNIE GET YOUR GUN but Died. Irving Berlin was hired. What a different Score that would have been.What Musical would you have liked to be written by a different composer? Who and Why?

NICK AND NORA by Cole Porter.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2009, 08:30:29 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  Two board meetings yesterday, with two different groups of women, really wiped me out.  I've been up a while, finishing this month's book group book (Kate Jacobs' The Friday Night Knitting Club) and communicating by email and phone with my niece about her trip into Chicago next week to join us for JERSEY BOYS.  Also, a very surprising email from my sister about a long-lost cousin with whom she's made contact through her genealogy research.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up