Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: RERUNS OF HAZEL  (Read 22744 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: RERUNS OF HAZEL
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2009, 08:52:27 AM »

Heading down to check the mail and then get lunch started.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2009, 08:52:42 AM »

Page Three Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2009, 08:53:04 AM »

And now I'm REALLY going!

;D

Kerry

« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2009, 08:56:48 AM »

It was already 90 degrees by 8:00 this morning (not too hard to believe since our "low" was 87), but Sugar and I took a long walk anyway-- probably the only long walk of the day.  :-\
I like boat races.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2009, 09:07:06 AM »

It's been so beautiful this week here in the Philly area that I'm sorry I didn't take it as a vacation week.  Warm days--not hot--and very low humidity with lots of sunshine.  I don't remember July weather being so pleasant.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2009, 09:27:30 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And I guess I should eat something since I've already been up for a few hours. Just been caught up catching up on the news.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2009, 09:28:10 AM »

DR MattH - Thanks for the SoapNet reminder.  I ended up watching "Y&R" last night. At midnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2009, 09:29:33 AM »

I'm curious, is anyone here gonna watch Big Brother (it starts tomorrow)?

Wouldn't miss it for the world! It is my most favorite competition show!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2009, 09:30:02 AM »

It's been so beautiful this week here in the Philly area that I'm sorry I didn't take it as a vacation week.  Warm days--not hot--and very low humidity with lots of sunshine.  I don't remember July weather being so pleasant.

Of course, if you had taken a vacation this week, you probably would have headed somewhere out of town where it wouldn't have been so nice. ;)

And, yes, July, for - at least here in NYC and there in Philly - has been quite nice.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2009, 09:31:41 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  Two board meetings yesterday, with two different groups of women, really wiped me out.  I've been up a while, finishing this month's book group book (Kate Jacobs' The Friday Night Knitting Club) and communicating by email and phone with my niece about her trip into Chicago next week to join us for JERSEY BOYS.  Also, a very surprising email from my sister about a long-lost cousin with whom she's made contact through her genealogy research.

DR Ginny - Didn't you mention something about being in retirement a little while ago?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2009, 09:34:48 AM »

DR Cillaliz - WHOA! YIKES!  But good to hear that everything and everyone is all right.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2009, 09:39:15 AM »

I would most certainly be in a dither if policemen came into my home in the early morning hours. But gosh bless those men in blue.

MBarnum

« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2009, 09:39:35 AM »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2009, 09:40:08 AM »

Also, DR MattH re: yesterday's Y&R

I'm curious how you knew what phillip would say. Did you read spoilers in advance? I don't read spoilers but i thought they were being pretty quiet about what his storyline would be (or if it would be him or his son who was gay).

The only spoilers i read now are for casting. I've been doing this for quite a while. Because i find i enjoy it a lot more when i don't know every detail that is coming up.

I believe I may have read the same article that DR MattH did.  -And I think the link was actually posted here on HHW a couple of weeks ago.  ???  In any case...

I'm still trying to figure out if Cain was actually passing himself off as Philip - or as some long lost twin. I missed a couple of those episodes when that whole revelation was taking place - along with the whole baby-switching stuff -  and now that Philip is back on the scene, well...  Then again, it's a soap opera, it's not supposed to make sense.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2009, 09:41:09 AM »

I would most certainly be in a dither if policemen came into my home in the early morning hours. But gosh bless those men in blue.

Would you come to the door in your kurta?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2009, 09:44:21 AM »

RERUNS OF HAZEL--that will be the name of the next indie rock band I form.

But wouldn't that have to be: ReRunZ UV HaZeL

::)

*Actually, that would most likely be the hip-hop duo. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2009, 09:50:04 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  Two board meetings yesterday, with two different groups of women, really wiped me out.  I've been up a while, finishing this month's book group book (Kate Jacobs' The Friday Night Knitting Club) and communicating by email and phone with my niece about her trip into Chicago next week to join us for JERSEY BOYS.  Also, a very surprising email from my sister about a long-lost cousin with whom she's made contact through her genealogy research.

DR Ginny - Didn't you mention something about being in retirement a little while ago?  ;)

LOL!  One of the boards is a professional group to which I made a commitment before retiring and the other is a local group of friends that I'd neglected while working full time out of town.  Fortunately, they don't always meet on the same day.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Kerry

« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2009, 09:50:59 AM »

DR Cillaliz-- at least the policemen were nice, and you know you're protected.   :)
I like boat races.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2009, 10:00:20 AM »

This is for BK and Everybody

Jerome Kern was signed to write the score for ANNIE GET YOUR GUN but Died. Irving Berlin was hired. What a different Score that would have been.What Musical would you have liked to be written by a different composer? Who and Why?

PASSION by Andrew Lloyd Webber

I thought the show should have sounded like grand Italian opera and Sir Andrew borrows occasionally from Puccini. I really disliked the original production a lot, and I thonk it's the only Sondheim show, besides INTO THE WOODS, I have little regard for.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 10:02:27 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2009, 10:13:01 AM »

Yes, that had all the potential of being bad news. I'm so glad it wasn't.
Me too.  I did call my mother this morning just to make sure all was well there.   Qwest didn't seem surprised that my phone called on its own and did a line check.  they said there is a problem with my line.  I said "perhaps it's the piece of wood that's been hanging there for two years" 

They are sending out someone to fix it tomorrow. I did a google search and was amazed at the people who have had the same problem.  I guess a short in your line can cause the phone to dial 911    Who knew?

Cillaliz

« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2009, 10:14:19 AM »

DR Cillaliz that sounds scary. Btw, you need call display!

I have it, it didn't register.

Cillaliz

« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2009, 10:16:49 AM »

Would you come to the door in your kurta?

He might have for the two who came to my door ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2009, 10:18:16 AM »

DR Cillaliz-- at least the policemen were nice, and you know you're protected.   :)
They were very nice. I was amazed how quickly they got here.  It was seriously about 2-3 minutes after the phone call

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2009, 10:19:30 AM »

Ok, time to go back to work. 

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2009, 10:39:05 AM »

I don't want any of that stuff in that ad, DR MBARNUM.  Thanks anyway.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2009, 10:39:39 AM »

Well my copy of White Horse Inn....but the title is in German - arrived today, and I shall watch it after rehearsal this evening.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2009, 10:51:07 AM »

It Never Ends Department:  Had a rather (or at least relatively) uneventful dress tech last night, brought the show in under 3 hours, which is amazing considering the huge set changes they have to deal with.  We were getting notes when all of a sudden my last minute trumpeter was back in the pit madly motioning me (he had been gone for about an hour at that point).  I stuck my head in the pit and he told me he must have driven off with his trumpet book on top of his car and it was now nowhere to be found.  So I went out and helped him search the parking lot, where he had at least found all the loose notes (so to speak) I had given him he had jotted down.  Luckily, I had my main trumpeter, who's in Iowa on vacation this week, make a copy before he left, so I called him this morning, he ran to FedEx, made a copy and is overnighting it to me.  As I told the theater's managing producer, (at least with regard to this first brain dead guy), there's a reason brass rhymes with ass.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2009, 11:36:10 AM »

DR JMK - What clued your last-minute trumpet player that he had left his book on top of this car?  Did he notice that it was not in his gig bag when he got home? Or did he finally figure out the source of the paper trail that followed him home?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2009, 11:38:46 AM »

In any case...

Good Afternoon!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up