Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE THROES OF DOING  (Read 17654 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE THROES OF DOING
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2009, 05:10:54 PM »

and even closer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2009, 05:11:03 PM »

Kitty Jane has some advice: If you climb on the computer desk and knock over a stack of CDs, run away and look innocent.

;D

This reminds me of one of Zach's priceless quotes.  We were at Fred Meyer during the holidays probably 2007, and the aisles were full of diplays.  I had a cart with an errant wheel (is there any other kind/), and I managed to crash right into a round table that was piled high with a pyramid of sorts of watches.  Needless to say, they collapsed.  Zach quietly turned to me and whispered, "Walk away from the crime scene--walk away from the crime scene."  :)

LOL!!

Your boys are so funny. :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2009, 05:11:33 PM »

Oh!  Welcome to page 5!!!

Jane

« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2009, 05:12:14 PM »

Well we could play the game that is going around on Facebook

Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find the fifth sentence.
*Post that sentence
*Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST book.

Yours was the best I've read all day.  You should post it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2009, 05:14:52 PM »

You mean this one?  It's such a long sentence I couldn't post it all in my status on facebook

Absent termination by an occurrence as specified in the regulations (e.g. revocation of waiver) or by expiration of the time for which the nonimmigrant was admitted or granted on change of status, it would seem that the nonimmigrant status can be challenged only by a charge of failure to maintain status under INA Section 237(a)(1)(C); it cannot be curtailed by a simple edict backed up with a charge that the alien...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2009, 05:17:20 PM »

Cilla, this would not be NY - that would be a separate thing, and this would happen first, as it would give me more time to get things the way I like them.  In fact, you'll be happy to know it would be in Iowa.

Kerry

« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2009, 05:17:31 PM »

I'm posting.  It's hot.  It's hot.  It's hot.  Yes, it was 94 when we we took our long walk this morning when it was still "cool."

The birds are having heat stroke.
I like boat races.

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2009, 05:23:12 PM »

Cilla, this would not be NY - that would be a separate thing, and this would happen first, as it would give me more time to get things the way I like them.  In fact, you'll be happy to know it would be in Iowa.

For real???  That's cool

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2009, 05:23:44 PM »

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2009, 05:24:15 PM »

“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2009, 05:26:01 PM »

Kitty Jane has some advice: If you climb on the computer desk and knock over a stack of CDs, run away and look innocent.

;D

This reminds me of one of Zach's priceless quotes.  We were at Fred Meyer during the holidays probably 2007, and the aisles were full of diplays.  I had a cart with an errant wheel (is there any other kind/), and I managed to crash right into a round table that was piled high with a pyramid of sorts of watches.  Needless to say, they collapsed.  Zach quietly turned to me and whispered, "Walk away from the crime scene--walk away from the crime scene."  :)

That is pretty darned funny!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2009, 05:26:21 PM »

Oh, I think I may know where you are talking about....MANY MANY VIBES ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2009, 05:26:49 PM »

Time to feed the cats

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2009, 05:27:03 PM »

And just had a very interesting and very intriguing long telephonic conversation with a theater company - the gentleman there has worked with and loves Adam Cates, my choreographer, and he also happens to be a huge fan of Nudie Musical and he's very interested in doing an elaborate workshop production of the show and I like his energy and the space sounds great and he is now looking at dates that might work.  So, send lots of vibes and xylophones and I have the feeling we could be doing this either later this year or very early next year.  I'd come in to direct, and we'd be allowed to bring in some Equity folks on a guest contract - and, if I wanted, I can bring my own musical director.  Who knows what will ultimately be, but it was a wonderful and heartening conversation.

NUDIE BK VIBES!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2009, 05:27:28 PM »

Monday morning greetings!  We're back to McCormick Place today for me to attend a panel discussion about memoirs and then tackle the exhibit hall.  I'm going to try not to pick up too much junk - but who can resist a great tote bag?

Aren't they passing out free books?

More likely tomorrow, the last day, when the vendors are really trying to get rid of stuff so they don't have to ship it home.

Well, much to my surprise, I left my morning programs with 6 free books, all autographed.  When I met Richard, we decided to bring my load back to the hotel and taxi up to the Weber Grill Restaurant for a late lunch - it was great!  We then got a Gale shuttle back to McCormick Place, a different route which I hoped would take us along the lakeshore.  Instead we took the McCormick Place Bus Tunnel, which is down among the subway trains.  Still no lake...

Anyway, we only had about an hour before the exhibits closed, but it was a fruitful hour for me.  I sat down to listen to a vendor spiel and, in the drawing at the end, I won the door prize - a MuVo V100 mp3 player!

On the way home, we spent some time in the spectacular Harold Washington Library Center, Chicago Public's main library.  It restores my faith that not ALL urban main libraries have to be dumps.

From there, we stopped at Garret Popcorn to buy our "dinner" for later and got panhandled on our way out the door.

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Kerry

« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2009, 05:27:56 PM »

VIBES TO YOU, BK, ON TFNM DEVELOPMENTS.
I like boat races.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2009, 05:29:59 PM »

Zach and Betsy are on their way to some special "alone" time together in Seattle for a few days, so Gabe and I are living the bachelor life here.

Couldn't you phrase it that you and Gabe are having your special "alone" time together?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2009, 05:30:25 PM »

You mean this one?  It's such a long sentence I couldn't post it all in my status on facebook

Absent termination by an occurrence as specified in the regulations (e.g. revocation of waiver) or by expiration of the time for which the nonimmigrant was admitted or granted on change of status, it would seem that the nonimmigrant status can be challenged only by a charge of failure to maintain status under INA Section 237(a)(1)(C); it cannot be curtailed by a simple edict backed up with a charge that the alien...

Yes.  Now that is a sentence! ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2009, 05:31:47 PM »

Iowa?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2009, 05:32:21 PM »

DR Ginny, sounds like you had a nice day. :)  Congrats on the win.  Did you get any interesting books? 

Jane

« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2009, 05:32:47 PM »

DR TCB are you not feeling any better at all?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2009, 05:42:47 PM »

I went to the Post Office today to pick up my apparently priceless version of TERRY AND THE PIRATES.  As usual, there was a group outside of the Post Office from one of the more fringe political parties (I think I know which one, but since I am not positive, I won't say). 

On the front of their card table display was a photo of President Obama with an Adolph Hitler moustache.  Now granted, I am a Democrat; but if it was a photo of George Bush I would have been equally offended.  I had to mentally refrain myself from punching out the two guys who were manning the display - and I am not a violent person.

Three hours later, I am still furious.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2009, 05:54:39 PM »

DR Ginny, sounds like you had a nice day. :)  Congrats on the win.  Did you get any interesting books? 

Thanks, DR Jane!  Here are the books:

Going Away Shoes: Stories, by Jill McCorkle
Playing with the Enemy:  A Baseball Prodigy, World War II, and the Long Journey Home, by Gary W. Moore
A Mighty Long Way:  My Journey to Justice at Little Rock Central High School, by Carlotta Walls LaNier
Incognegro:  A Memoir of Exile & Apartheid, by Frank B. Wilderson, III
The House at the End of the Road: The Story of Three Generations of an Interracial Family in the American South, by W. Ralph Eubanks
Stitches: A Memoir, by David Small

Three of them are "advance reading copies" and the others are the actual books that you'd find in a bookstore, including one hardcover.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2009, 05:59:46 PM »

Vibes for BK.~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2009, 06:00:47 PM »

Next, I watched today's THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Phillip finally revealed his BIG secret to the rest of the family. Adam was on hand, too, but in a plot that hasn't picked up much steam yet.

What is Phillip's BIG secret?

That he is gay!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2009, 06:04:04 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... If you end up seeing a post from me that looks like this:

"jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjddddddddddddd dddddddddddiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa  dfjdassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssss"

It just means the antihistamine I took finally kicked in.

I was walking around earlier, and had a sudden allergy attack - or at least an allergic reaction to something.  I started feeling very itchy, and watery-eyed.  So, I ran into the nearest drug store, and bought some Chlortrimetron.  It was my first real allergy symptom in a long time, so more of annoyance than anything else.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2009, 06:04:41 PM »

DR TCB - ~~~~~FEEL BETTER VIBES~~~~~ to you.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2009, 06:05:48 PM »

DR Ginny - You should have a PM from me, and if you happen to check your "@ mentions" on Twitter, you should see something from there too. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2009, 06:07:18 PM »

Zach and Betsy are on their way to some special "alone" time together in Seattle for a few days, so Gabe and I are living the bachelor life here.

DR JMK - So does this mean you won't be bathing again any time soon?
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2009, 06:07:30 PM »

DR TCB - ~~~~~FEEL BETTER VIBES~~~~~ to you.

Thanks, Jose.  We will see what the results of all the tests show next week.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up