Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SUB-HUMAN CREEPS  (Read 17517 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re: SUB-HUMAN CREEPS
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2009, 06:03:07 AM »

“That’s The Way It Was,” an hourlong CBS News special honoring Walter Cronkite, delivered network television’s largest audience in prime time on Sunday, as 7.4 million viewers tuned in during the 7 o’clock hour

When the show first started I thought, Oh, no--this is going to be a talking head calvacade of CBS stars but it did turn out to be a very worthy tribute to Uncle Walter.  I especially enjoyed the clips of some of Cronkite's fun moments, such as the Jimmy Buffet clip and the one from the Mary Tyler Moore show.

One strange thing, in all the news reports and tributes thus far, I haven't seen any footage from Cronkite's YOU ARE THERE or THE TWENTIETH CENTURY.  I hope that at some point we'll see somthing that does concentrate on his television work.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2009, 06:07:03 AM »

I've been robbed twice.

Once, my condo in Calabasas was broken into while I was at the post office.  My VCR (a Beta) was stolen.  Also, some old shirts.

I also had my new (3 weeks old) car stolen off Greenleaf Street in Sherman Oaks.  Left it parked in front of my date's house, while we took her car to go see a show at the Pasadena Playhouse.  Thankfully, the car was a lease and fully insured.  [They found its frame out in the desert a few weeks later.]

You can dream…or you can do.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2009, 06:07:09 AM »

Page Two Dance:

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2009, 06:08:48 AM »

“That’s The Way It Was,” an hourlong CBS News special honoring Walter Cronkite, delivered network television’s largest audience in prime time on Sunday, as 7.4 million viewers tuned in during the 7 o’clock hour

When the show first started I thought, Oh, no--this is going to be a talking head calvacade of CBS stars but it did turn out to be a very worthy tribute to Uncle Walter.  I especially enjoyed the clips of some of Cronkite's fun moments, such as the Jimmy Buffet clip and the one from the Mary Tyler Moore show.

One strange thing, in all the news reports and tributes thus far, I haven't seen any footage from Cronkite's YOU ARE THERE or THE TWENTIETH CENTURY.  I hope that at some point we'll see somthing that does concentrate on his television work.

They didn't show clips, but didn't they have one little mention "Your Are There"?

DAW

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2009, 06:08:57 AM »

Two Grecian Urns??      ;D

DAW

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2009, 06:09:40 AM »

We watched a lot of those "You Are There" productions in school.

I was in the A.V. club, so I got to run the projector.      :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2009, 06:11:15 AM »

When I want to cheer myself up, I get up and do something physical like mowing the yard, cleaning or whatever.  Something that takes my mind off of whatever is bothering me and wears me out at the same time.  Then I take a nice hot shower, put on some clean comfortable clothes and relax.

Cillaliz

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2009, 06:12:51 AM »

If I just sit when I'm feeling blue I will dwell on it and feel worse. 

Of course there is always ice cream or chocolate or a combination of the two....

Cillaliz

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2009, 06:13:08 AM »

Time to go to work.....have a good day everyone!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2009, 06:14:00 AM »

They didn't show clips, but didn't they have one little mention "Your Are There"?

Now that I think about it, they might have shown a very brief clip of Cronkite doing the closing of a b&w episode of YOU ARE THERE.  But I want to see more. 

There's probably clips out on YouTube. 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 06:33:16 AM by Dan (the Man) »
-- Anaïs Nin

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2009, 06:15:07 AM »

I was also the victim of a drive-by shooting.

Again, in Calabasas.  I was out walking my dogs around ten o'clock one night.  A car drove by.  I heard a "pop," then it was like a spitwad hit me in the forehead.

I was very lucky.  The bullet just creased me.  An inch lower, and....

The cops figured it was a gang initiation.

Of course, I'm "convinced" that it was the Mob.  Two days earlier, I'd sold my screenplay, DILLINGER AND CAPONE, to Roger Corman...and Capone's boys were out to get me.

::)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2009, 06:15:57 AM »

What's a Grecian Urn?
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2009, 06:19:01 AM »

Why am I not surprised ;)

Ben

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2009, 06:19:35 AM »

What's a Grecian Urn?

About $1.75 and hour

[Rim Shot]

DAW

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2009, 06:24:40 AM »

We are currently having A Gentle Fall of Rain.

Lovely!    :)

Kerry

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2009, 06:25:26 AM »

I woke up at 5 a.m. to the sound of blessed RAIN.

DITTO!  Glory Be!
I like boat races.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2009, 06:25:48 AM »

I was also the victim of a drive-by shooting.

Again, in Calabasas.  I was out walking my dogs around ten o'clock one night.  A car drove by.  I heard a "pop," then it was like a spitwad hit me in the forehead.

I was very lucky.  The bullet just creased me.  An inch lower, and....

The cops figured it was a gang initiation.

Of course, I'm "convinced" that it was the Mob.  Two days earlier, I'd sold my screenplay, DILLINGER AND CAPONE, to Roger Corman...and Capone's boys were out to get me.

::)

Wow!  That's pretty scary, DR Druxy!

I have never been a victim of any kind of major crime.  A play I wrote in college was stolen from my bookbag (a theft which I never really understood since it was a pretty bad play.)  And a few years ago, a Daredevil action figure was taken from my office.

My heart has been stolen quite a few times.  But that's generally regarded by the authorities as a petty crime.
-- Anaïs Nin

Kerry

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2009, 06:28:41 AM »

We are currently having A Gentle Fall of Rain.

Lovely!    :)

Here too!
I like boat races.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2009, 06:32:38 AM »

Here's a Topic of the Day suggestion (I think we may have had this or something like it, but too bad):  when something bad happens, or you're in a funk, feeling blue, etc., etc., etc....what do you do to make yourself feel better?

I like to listen to music...specifically The Manhattan Transfer!  I love them and have seen them in concert eight times.  Technically, nine:  I saw two sets in one night...and I paid twice for them, too.

Anyone else?

I also listen to music, but in conjunction with some activity like either straightening up my house or doing some yard work or just going out for a walk.
-- Anaïs Nin

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2009, 06:33:25 AM »

Good morning.

I want rain.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2009, 06:37:49 AM »

When I lived in Toluca Lake the house was broken into.  Everything was taken out of the drawers etc., but nothing was stolen.   We were all 20 and did not own anything valuable.  The cops said they were only looking for drugs or money.  I replaced the broken door window and the 3 of us girls just went on like nothing happened, oh for the days of being young and oblivious to the world around you.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Kerry

« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2009, 06:38:20 AM »

We watched a lot of those "You Are There" productions in school.

Ditto-- AN AV GEEK!
I like boat races.

Sam

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2009, 06:38:36 AM »

new cd ordered

Sam

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2009, 06:38:53 AM »

see ya later, must go  :)

Sam

« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2009, 06:39:25 AM »

ops, forgot to say thank you George  ;D

Kerry

« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2009, 06:45:45 AM »

From SAM yesterday:
"... a naked lady on a swing"

The title of my new book!
I like boat races.

Laura

« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2009, 06:54:42 AM »

Here's a Topic of the Day suggestion (I think we may have had this or something like it, but too bad):  when something bad happens, or you're in a funk, feeling blue, etc., etc., etc....what do you do to make yourself feel better?

I whine.

Laura

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2009, 06:55:54 AM »

Shut up, Kerry.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2009, 07:02:37 AM »

So, where do you go to order this new CD?

I went to the Kritzerland site, but it's not listed.

Kerry

« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2009, 07:03:09 AM »

Wain! Weal wain! At wast!
I like boat races.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up