Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SUB-HUMAN CREEPS  (Read 17787 times)

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
Re: SUB-HUMAN CREEPS
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2009, 09:46:25 AM »

GOOD HEALTH MARIMBAS TO GINNY'S BROTHER-IN-LAW

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2009, 09:47:17 AM »

AS IF BY WIZARDRY PAGE 4

Ginny

« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2009, 10:14:08 AM »

Thank you, DR ArnoldMBrockman.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2009, 10:20:51 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And, yes, the rain has returned to New York City, along with some quite cooler temperatures. Alas, it took a few hours for my sinuses to get used to the "return", but all seems to be fine and dandy now.  Ahhhh...
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2009, 10:22:13 AM »

It is much cooler today, although humid. It's a nice change.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2009, 10:25:30 AM »

It seems that the closure of the highway rest areas in Virginia has prompted a new slogan:

Virginia is for Holders

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2009, 10:37:18 AM »

~~~~~Vibes for the brother-in-law of DR Ginny~~~~~
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ginny

« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2009, 10:42:36 AM »

Thank you, DR td.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2009, 10:48:29 AM »

Patrick & David Cassidy:

Hmmm.... At first glance, I thought that was Siegfried and Roy. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2009, 10:52:48 AM »

I got my LUCY SHOW Season One set.  It literally looks like it's packed with fun!

I think the THIRTYSOMTHING set came out today, too.  I've already put that one on my Amazon wish list for Christmas, but it may prove too hard to resist.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2009, 10:54:54 AM »

As for one of the Topics of the Day...

Whenever I feel the need to pick up my own spirits I will either listen to some music or play some music. Or I go for a walk. Or I go to sleep.

No real science to it. At least not for me.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2009, 11:11:56 AM »

Back from the long jog (I've actually been back for an hour) - and spent some time on the phone with my publisher and then with the USPS.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2009, 11:15:20 AM »

As for one of the other Topics of the Day...

I've never had my apartment or house broken into, but I have had things stolen from my car. Three times.

The first time was a smash and grab in the parking lot of Catholic University's music building. It took place while I was inside playing for a late night musical theatre recital rehearsal. "They" did take a couple of things from my car - as well breaking in my front passenger side window. Since I had just come from another rehearsal, they ended up taking: a rental tux, some xeroxes of string parts for Guys & Dolls, and some keyboard pedals. And, yes, all of that stuff was left in the front seat, out in the open. Lesson learned.  That one really hurt.

The second time was when my "day bag" got lifted out of the back seat of my car. I had left my windows open, and since my car was parked in back of my apartment, I'm guessing someone was walking through the alley, saw the open windows, peeked in, saw my bag and took it. Thankfully, the only important things that were in the bag were a set of expired of credit cards (don't ask).  However, a few weeks later, I did receive a call from the college police department saying that they had found my bag behind some building on campus. Sure enough, when I went to claim my bag, they were able to track me down via my expired credit cards - which were placed in one of the "hidden pockets", and, apparently, remained hidden. In fact, everything was still in my bag except for my portable metronome. -And the reason I had left my day bag in the car was that I always made sure to take my computer bag in with me first. (Whew!)

The third time was here in NYC.  Someone had rooted through my glove compartment. Nothing was taken, since there was nothing to take. And there was no broken glass to deal with since I had either somehow left the door unlocked or they jimmied the lock. Meh.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2009, 11:33:25 AM »

Patrick & David Cassidy:

Hmmm.... At first glance, I thought that was Siegfried and Roy. ::)

At least so far as David Cassidy was concerned.  Could his face BE any shinier?  That's some tight work he's had done.  And he is looking more and more like Jack every day.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2009, 11:36:24 AM »

A lady friend of mine went to South Carolina last week to visit with female high school friends and to vacation with them at the beach.  They had a big party one evening and one of the ladies she went to school with danced the "shag" with her husband.  As soon as the dance ended, the lady collapsed.  A couple of the attendees were EMT's but they could not revive her.  The deceased was a member of the reunion party, so the beach trip was cancelled and everyone is attending that lady's funeral instead.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 11:39:41 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Laura

« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2009, 11:39:43 AM »

Yikes! I'm sorry to hear that, Ron Pulliam!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2009, 11:50:47 AM »

Sorry to hear about your friend's friend, DR Ron.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2009, 12:00:52 PM »

A lady friend of mine went to South Carolina last week to visit with female high school friends and to vacation with them at the beach.  They had a big party one evening and one of the ladies she went to school with danced the "shag" with her husband.  As soon as the dance ended, the lady collapsed.  A couple of the attendees were EMT's but they could not revive her.  The deceased was a member of the reunion party, so the beach trip was cancelled and everyone is attending that lady's funeral instead.

That's terrible, Ron. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2009, 12:02:20 PM »

And I'm also very sorry to hear about the loss of Jane's friend.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2009, 12:08:16 PM »

John's oldest daughter just posted on FB that he's beginning to respond.  We'll find out later just what that means.

~~~Continued Vibes for Ginny's Brother-In-Law John!!~~~

DAW

« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2009, 12:12:43 PM »

Condolences to DR Ron Pulliam.

DAW

« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2009, 12:13:13 PM »

Continued well wishes for DR Ginny's DBIL John and family.

George

« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2009, 12:16:44 PM »

TOPIC OF THE DAY SUGGESTIONS

Favorite Walter Matthau films

Ensign Pulver
The Odd Couple
Hello, Dolly!
Cactus Flower
A New Leaf
Plaza Suite
The Sunshine Boys
The Bad News Bears
House Calls
Hopscotch
I Ought to Be in Pictures
Grumpy Old Men

Ginny

« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2009, 12:31:29 PM »

Thanks, DRs George and DAW - we off to see John.  Bye for now.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2009, 12:33:39 PM »

I had a house I rented with several other people broken into and the worst part of it was we knew exactly who had done it--a sleazy neighbor who managed an apartment house owned by the same guy who owned the house I rented, and for some idiotic reason the owner had given that guy a key to our house.  One of my roommates' mother had just died and this sleazebag made off with all of her jewelry he had brought home. 
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Amy

« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2009, 12:38:39 PM »

Daw, you didn't even say what this photo was from. IT'S THE SERIES PREMIERE OF "RUBY & THE ROCKITS" TONIGHT AT 8:30 PM ON ABC FAMILY CHANNEL!! Set your DVRs!!
And Matt H. neglected to list this show as well. Mark and I have watched the show online and it's really pretty darn funny. It seems like just yesterday when Mark and I were talking to Patrick after some benefit he performed at and he told us that his brother, Shaun, was writing a show for him and David to star in together. (It was actually over a year ago.) Mark and I both thought, "yeah, like that will ever happen." I'm just shocked the day is actually here. I hope it's not cancelled after three episodes.

Patrick & David Cassidy:

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2009, 12:48:10 PM »

Well, if you're gonna go, go out while dancing...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2009, 01:02:58 PM »

Daw, you didn't even say what this photo was from. IT'S THE SERIES PREMIERE OF "RUBY & THE ROCKITS" TONIGHT AT 8:30 PM ON ABC FAMILY CHANNEL!! Set your DVRs!!
And Matt H. neglected to list this show as well. Mark and I have watched the show online and it's really pretty darn funny. It seems like just yesterday when Mark and I were talking to Patrick after some benefit he performed at and he told us that his brother, Shaun, was writing a show for him and David to star in together. (It was actually over a year ago.) Mark and I both thought, "yeah, like that will ever happen." I'm just shocked the day is actually here. I hope it's not cancelled after three episodes.

Patrick & David Cassidy:

DAW evidently said very little, according to that quote box.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2009, 01:16:19 PM »

Big, bright, beautiful day here, but it feels warmer and closer than it did yesterday.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Amy

« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2009, 01:17:50 PM »

And Matt H. neglected to list this show as well.

DAW evidently said very little, according to that quote box.  :)

My point exactly! My concern was that everyone would think that David and Patrick were doing a real concert on stage together and everyone would be rushing to figure out where they could buy tickets.  :-)
Ron, you're not the only one to remark on David's tight face. Personally, he looks pretty wrinkled to me. What bugs me is that he's wearing 5 pounds of make-up and the shade is too dark. He never looked that tan before. I don't know who decided that you can make a person look younger with make-up, because you really can't.
I'm really excited for Patrick though. I'm sure people still stop Shaun and David for autographs, but no one even knows who Patrick Cassidy is, despite all the work he's done. He's never really experienced that strangers-recognizing-him-in-a-grocery-store type of fame. He's has done a great job of being pretty regularly employed throughout his acting career, just not famous. Maybe it's better that way - I don't know.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 01:19:33 PM by Amy »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up