Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SUB-HUMAN CREEPS  (Read 17534 times)

Ginny

Re: SUB-HUMAN CREEPS
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2009, 07:12:53 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  SW Ohio is having the coolest July in a long time and we're enjoying having the windows open.

Thanks to DRs Jane, FJL, and Vixmom for last night's vibes for my BiL - no news yet this morning.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2009, 07:29:05 AM »

Druxy, I offer it here in ADVANCE of it being announced on the site, which won't be until Friday at the earliest.  So, if you want to order, as it says on page one, go directly to paypal.com, click on send money, put in our paypal address (kritzerland at adelphia dot net), and send the amount listed on page one.  Simple as pie.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2009, 07:29:12 AM »

Here's a Topic of the Day suggestion (I think we may have had this or something like it, but too bad):  when something bad happens, or you're in a funk, feeling blue, etc., etc., etc....what do you do to make yourself feel better?

I like to listen to music...specifically The Manhattan Transfer!  I love them and have seen them in concert eight times.  Technically, nine:  I saw two sets in one night...and I paid twice for them, too.

Anyone else?

I'm afraid I eat. Lots of comfort food and all things bad for me like chocolate, doughnuts, french fries, etc.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2009, 07:30:20 AM »

I'm up.  I guess I slept okay.  Took a while to fall asleep - I kept wanting to sit vigil by the front window with a baseball bat, but since I don't own a baseball bat I didn't.  It looks like the car is fine.  And I woke up before work has started.

Matt H.

« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2009, 07:31:46 AM »

Good morning!

A beautiful day here. May stay in the low to mid 80s today again, and if it does, that will be most welcome. All that thunder last night didn't seem to produce any rain. I certainly couldn't tell any had fallen when I went out to get the newspaper this morning.

Matt H.

« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2009, 07:33:52 AM »

When I had my Mustang, I had wire rims that were stolen three times. The insurance paid for replacements, but the last time, I just didn't bother replacing them. Looked awful, but I lived in an apartment complex then and there was no way I could insure they wouldn't be stolen again.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2009, 07:35:24 AM »

Terrible news about MR BK's car.....what imbeciles! Get a job, buy your own!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2009, 07:35:28 AM »

Unless THE TOWERING INFERNO arrives today (I didn't notice any UPS truck this morning, but it could have pulled up out front where I can't see), my work project of the day will be the Blu-ray of RACE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN. The movie isn't very long and there aren't a ton of bonus features either, so I should be able to finish with it this afternoon.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2009, 07:35:46 AM »

Many things doing today.  I shall order the new release this afternoon when returning from errands.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2009, 07:36:13 AM »

DR MBARNUM....I must see this movie.....

They come with a Bang.....and the latest electronic devices!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2009, 07:39:31 AM »

I forgot to mention last night that I also watched THEY DO IT WITH MIRRORS, the PBS/Miss Marple show that was broadcast Sunday night. Joan Collins seemed a bit miscast as the worldly sister (not that she can't play worldly; she was just a poor match for the actress playing her sister). The deception to throw off the audience was pretty well handled, but this has always been my least favorite Miss Marple book, and none of the three movie versions (with Helen Hayes, Joan Hickson, and now Julia McKenzie) have improved on the story's basic blandness.

Matt H.

« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2009, 07:45:37 AM »

I noticed that next week's MISS MARPLE movie is another one that Miss Marple has been inserted into - WHY DIDN'T THEY ASK EVANS? If I have time later in the week, I need to watch the CBS TV-movie version of the book that doesn't feature Miss Marple so I can see how they work her in next week. I believe the BBC also filmed a version of this back in the 1980s, but I don't have that version on video.

Matt H.

« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2009, 07:49:27 AM »

On TV TOnight!™

CBS - BIG BROTHER 11, MEDIUM (not a new episode, but new to CBS)
ABC - THE SUPERSTARS, BETTER OFF TED, PRIMETIME: FAMILY SECRETS
NBC - AMERICA'S GOT TALENT
FOX - HELL'S KITCHEN (season premiere)
TNT - HAWTHORNE, SAVING GRACE
BRA - NYC PREP (finale), MIAMI SOCIAL
SYFY - WAREHOUSE 13
FX   - RESCUE ME
BBCA - TORCHWOOD - CHILDREN OF EARTH, Part 2.

td

• td
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2009, 07:56:33 AM »

My first apartment, I shared with two ladies while in college, was burgled one night while two of us were away; the third was awakened by noises in my bedroom (DON'T EVEN THINK OF GOING THERE!) and came to greet me.  Only it wasn't me, it was a man trying on my shoes.  Somehow, she convinced the man to leave - my doorway was right next to the entry door - and that was that.  She phoned me at parents and I drove back into the city.  The only thing missing was a pair of platform shoes - not silver.  The burglar left behind a pair of good cowboy boots, which I wore for years afterwards, and a vial of amyl nitrate, which I promptly threw away.  He also left behind the distinct aroma of alcohol.

While working at Carnegie-Mellon, I had a car stolen in broad daylight from a "secure" parking lot.  The car was found three days later in a seedy section of town, but, no damage had been done.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

MBarnum

« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2009, 08:00:44 AM »

Bruce (BK)......

Because I am a nice guy and I want you to have a good day, I repost the LESLIE PARRISH photo that you overlooked yesterday...how you could have missed this, I just don' know!!!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2009, 08:03:56 AM »

I had my brand new car broken into a few years back, as some may recall.

It was around 3 am and the passanger window was smashed in. Nothing was taken, as there was nothing in the car to take. Also, the alarm went off and scared the burglar off.

It took two weeks to get the window replaced, so I had to drive around with that darn plastic flapping in the wind.

Of course, a few months later the car was totaled in an auto accident.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2009, 08:15:30 AM »

Druxy, I offer it here in ADVANCE of it being announced on the site, which won't be until Friday at the earliest.  So, if you want to order, as it says on page one, go directly to paypal.com, click on send money, put in our paypal address (kritzerland at adelphia dot net), and send the amount listed on page one.  Simple as pie.

Done.
You can dream…or you can do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2009, 08:17:56 AM »

When I feel the blues coming on, I put on music to intensify the blues.  I overdose on it until I get to the point where I begin laughing at myself...even if I have to wipe away a few tears first.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2009, 08:20:27 AM »

Boy, was Leslie beautiful.  I'm sure she still is.

Ginny

« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2009, 08:22:08 AM »

John's oldest daughter just posted on FB that he's beginning to respond.  We'll find out later just what that means.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2009, 08:24:40 AM »

That's good, Ginny. Prayers that he continues to improve today.

Jennifer

« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2009, 08:26:25 AM »

Good news DR Ginny. Hopefully you will get more good news today!

Ginny

« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2009, 08:28:23 AM »

Thanks, DRs Laura and Jennifer.

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2009, 08:28:25 AM »

Wow, there are a lot of new shows on tv tonight. I wonder why they are starting a new season of Hell's Kitchen in the summer?

I've actually been watching the ABC show Superstars (mostly because of max from DWTS). Surprisingly my 3 year old niece and brother-in-law are crazy about this show (it's really the only real show she watches).

She remembers all the contestants names. And she talks about everything that happens. It's pretty funny how much she remembers. She is obcessed with lisa leslie (sp?) the basketball player.

Matt H.

« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2009, 08:34:09 AM »

I don't believe HELL'S KITCHEN is going to be on in the fall once it finishes its summer/early fall run. I could be wrong about that, but seems like FOX is putting a new show on after BONES at 9 p.m. on Thursdays. Can't remember now what it is.

Matt H.

« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2009, 08:36:19 AM »

I'm looking forward to last night's THE CLOSER (first time in a long while I didn't watch the show on the night it was broadcast). After I finish my work project, I'll likely watch RAISING THE BAR tonight.

Matt H.

« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2009, 08:36:39 AM »

I have some clean-up items on the computer to take care of, and then I'll head down to check the mail and get started on fixing some lunch.

WBBL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2009, 08:43:18 AM »

Just heard from the printer - they've got a little machine problem so it looks like they may deliver the print a day late, which means it probably won't get here (Topkapi) until very late Friday at the earliest, and Monday at the latest.  Not good, but he's trying to do something about it, so we'll see.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2009, 08:55:47 AM »

John's oldest daughter just posted on FB that he's beginning to respond.  We'll find out later just what that means.

* * * * *  MORE RECOVERY VIBES FOR DR GINNY'S BROTHER-IN-LAW JOHN  * * * * *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2009, 09:04:28 AM »

Thanks, DR Dan(the Man)!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up