Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: ONLY FRIDAYS  (Read 19103 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
ONLY FRIDAYS
« on: July 24, 2009, 12:18:21 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were very Friday-like, and now it is time for you to post until the Friday cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: ONLY FRIDAYS
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 12:19:24 AM »

And the word of the day is: LANUGINOUS!

Ben

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 03:29:28 AM »

Read

Peter Filichia

today for a mention of someone named Skip Kennon who's writing a new musical for 59E59.

Hmm, Skip Kennon, that name sounds familiar  ;)

Kerry

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 03:54:07 AM »

Good morning/Night!!   No sleep for the weary,

TOD:

Movies-- Kissing Jessica Stein (worth it alone for Tovah Feldshuh's performance- one Oscar worthy moment especially)
Reaching for the Moon (worth it for the sets and Edward Everett Horton-- but a weak movie and weak work by Irving Berlin -- I think he phoned it in as he sometimes did)
Dark Passage

Music-- The Andrews Sisters singing "Hollywood Canteen"
Elmore's arrangement of "Imagining You" for the NYGMC
Theme from "Picnic/Moonglow
Dames at Sea
Score to "Casablanca"
Sylvia singing  her composition of "Pillow Talk"-- great backing to it
"College Education"-- thanks to the dazzling and kind edisaurus
"Show Girl"
Matt Alber's "Field Trip" and "End of the World"
Somebody's version (I forget her name) of "Something to Live For"
"Wells Fargo Wagon"
Bobbie Gentry's "Billy the Kid"

There you have it so far-- but it's early so far
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 12:14:56 PM by Kerry »
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 03:59:54 AM »

From Sam's post last night-- "no one ever explained what Floop is"

There is no logical explanation for Floop!  ::)
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 04:07:30 AM »

I spilled cashews in my drawers.
I like boat races.

Ben

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 04:17:36 AM »

From Sam's post last night-- "no one ever explained what Floop is"

There is no logical explanation for Floop!  ::)

Missy Sandra is the only one who can explain Floop!

Ben

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 04:18:02 AM »

I spilled cashews in my drawers.

Hmm, there are so many ways to go with that one. I may just have to leave it alone.

Ben

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 04:20:18 AM »

I'm not listening to anything right now.

We are going to a friend's for dinner (we did laundry yesterday afternoon) this evening so there will be no watching of video or television or DVDs.

Saturday we head to New Jersey for Anthony's Aunt's 75th Surprise Birthday Party (her birthday is today).

Sunday who knows.

That's our schedule for now and I'm sticking to it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 04:48:12 AM »

Cashews In My Drawers is the first act finale for my new musicals ANTS IN THEIR PANTS OF 2009.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 04:50:05 AM »

I am working the next three days. 

The technical director at the theatre has everything fixed so that NO ONE knows how to do anything except him, and so we wait....until he decides he wants to come in and do anything.  And of course everyone complains to me and asks me questions.

I hate that!  I hate that now we are so TIED to sound that we can't really move to the next level until ONE person decides he has time to come in.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 04:52:14 AM »

TOD:

DVD - The Lucy Show The First Season.  The interview with Jimmy Garrett and the interview with Lucie Arnaz were both quite interesting, if not exactly in depth.
Watched the first episode which was pretty funny.  My favorite episodes will be coming up later in the season....Lucy & Viv Join the Fire Department and Lucy & Viv Install a Shower.  The disks are a bit difficult to navigate, but I will get the hang of it.  The colors make it hard to tell which button is "active."

CD - Man of La Mancha revival cast CD

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 04:52:24 AM »

And now work.  Oh well.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 05:46:09 AM »

TOD:

DVD - The Lucy Show The First Season.  The interview with Jimmy Garrett and the interview with Lucie Arnaz were both quite interesting, if not exactly in depth.
Watched the first episode which was pretty funny.  My favorite episodes will be coming up later in the season....Lucy & Viv Join the Fire Department and Lucy & Viv Install a Shower.  The disks are a bit difficult to navigate, but I will get the hang of it.  The colors make it hard to tell which button is "active."

CD - Man of La Mancha revival cast CD

I've been watching one episode a night and I'm enjoying it a lot ("Lucy Waits Up For Chris" has been my favorite so far.)  I recall that when I was a youngen and this show was in daily early morning reruns that I had a crush on Lucy's daughter Chris.  Now I'm surprised to see how young the daughter was and that she was not such a great actress.  I also think it's funny how much Dick Martin's next door neighbor character is referred to in the first episode but doesn't actually appear.

DR JRand, are you clicking on the Set-Up button for each episode so that you can see the original openings and embedded commercials?

That reminds me--I need to add to my shopping list:  Vim laundry tablets and Jell-O pudding.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 05:50:09 AM »

MEdia Check:

iPod:  UNEASY LISTENING, Chumbawumba

Tivo:  Nothing of note, though it is set to record something called REMEMBER? today on TCM.

DVD:  more LUCY SHOW episodes, along with CORALINE and WATCHMEN.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DAW

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 06:04:07 AM »

TOD:

CD:
9 to 5 OBC
Blitzstein's Regina

DVD:
Coraline

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 06:18:52 AM »

DVD:

17 AGAIN
FRAGMENTS
LIFE ON MARS (Brit version)

I just ordered OZ, the complete HBO series, from Amazon.  I've never seen any episodes this show and I've heard so many great things about it, so for $92.00 I'll take a look.
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 06:23:50 AM »

I watched THE GREAT BUCK HOWARD last night.

It's a very entertaining and fairly accurate look at what it is like to work for a celebrity.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2009, 06:26:05 AM »

I never seem to list the names of the CDs that I listen to, mainly because I only listen to CDs while I'm driving.

Currently in my car are the original cast albums for THE HAPPY TIME and 110 IN THE SHADE.

DAW

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2009, 07:07:48 AM »

For DR JRand58:

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2009, 07:16:24 AM »

Good morning!

After more rain last night, looks like the clouds have moved out and we're in for a bright, warm weekend.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2009, 07:17:51 AM »

I'm going out tonight to see the first locally produced version of THE PRODUCERS. Several people I've worked with are in the cast, so I'm interested to see what they do with the material having seen the original cast on Broadway. However, the running time is 3 hours which is not something that seems especially appealing.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2009, 07:18:09 AM »

Good morning, all! Today, the lower back pain I had before the leg/nervous problem has returned.

I saw my doctor yesterday and she says the x-rays show some arthritis, but I say this is not arthritis! She did give me a referral to a Dr Simon, who I gather specualizes in sports injuries, and I see him next Wednesday. I'm going to make a run down to my pharmacy for more vicodin and muscle relaxant. Whle I'm waiting for the last dose to kick in, I've begun catching up on posts from the last week.

Ironically, on THE DOCTORS this morning, their last "stay healthy" advice was in praise of friends, and I drink to that! All I can ask you is to keep them vibes coming, not only for me, but for our DR Jose, Ron and Dona Raines, and for yourselves. The cosmic energy you send out for others needs some payback.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Industrial Strength Vibes to Each and Every DR Today! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2009, 07:19:57 AM »

Travel update

I am in Montreal, but just barely.

1) The plane left Florida forty minutes late.
          This was not good as I only had 60 minutes to get the next flight and I had switch terminals. Landed in terminal C leaving from F.
            I did receive text messages from Orbitz (I booked from them) that the plane was goign to be late.

2) Upon landing got another text message that my 5:30 flight to Montreal was cancelled. By the arrived at the gate there was only 10 minutes to get there and I would have missed it anyways.

3) Went to customer service. Loooooong line. I wasn't the only one. They tried to book me on another flight. No luck. Wait there was Burlington Vermont via Washington D.C. Gee I could be stuck in the Nation's capital instead of Philadelphia. And Burlington is only 2 hours from Montreal. No go.

4) They booked me on the 7:30am flight the next day. I asked where am I supposed to stay until then? They do not pay for a hotel. They do have a reduce voucher for the Days Inn. They gave me that.

5) I asked if there was anything else. There was a 7:30pm flight but there was a stand by list. I said I will do that. I was #21 on the list. The plane holds 50 people.

6) When I got to the gate the plane was now delayed 60 minutes leaving at 8:30. Good news The standby list was now 13 people. Band news. I was #13.

7) Plane now delayed to 10:30. I was getting worried. Montreal had a curfew (Later found out that this was no longer the case)

8) Good News By the above time 47 out of 50 people had signed in. Bad News I was #4.

9) They boarded the plane. Bad news 1 seat available. Good news. two people who signed in are not at the gate.

10) I get the last seat available.

11) Good news: The plane leaves the gate. Bad news another 45 minutes on the tarmac until we take off.

12) I arrive in Montreal. The taxi ride that used to be a flat $30 plus tip is now $38.00 Just have enough money.

13) I arrive home over 6 hours late. I was hungry. Had a sandwich and then went to bed.

Conclusion: I will pay the extra money to get a direct flight and drive the one hour to the airport (if needed. Hopefully the closer airport will have a direct flight I can use) to accomplish that.

PS I chose Phillie because I thought that chances of bad weather delays would be less. Boy was I wrong!!
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2009, 07:20:48 AM »

And I hope everyone had a better day yesterday than I did.
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2009, 07:21:22 AM »

Since I knew I wouldn't be home for much of the evening tonight, I started on the bonus features for SLING BLADE this morning. Started is an appropriate word since I only got the first one watched - "Billy Bob Goes to Hollywood," a 67-minute biography of his struggles to break into the movie business.

I looked ahead at the other bonus features but didn't watch them yet. The next is a Bravo profile of Billy Bob that's about 45 minutes. Then there's a roundtable discussion with Billy Bob and several other key people from SLING BLADE - over an hour running time. And there are more interviews and music videos that look to total another hour at least.

So, it's quite clear I won't be finishing this disc today. The film itself is 2 1/4 hours, and there's a commentary, too, so it will take today and part of tomorrow to get everything finished, I think.

Michael

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2009, 07:21:36 AM »

Oh and the free Wifi......iI couldn't connect all the time I was there.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2009, 07:23:14 AM »

TO ALL DRs and family members, friends, neighbors and anyone else.

GOOD HEALTH, TRAVEL, JOB and any other kind of vibe needed.
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2009, 07:23:31 AM »

Thanks for the update, DR Elmore. Continue to keep fingers crossed abd good wishes offered for a hopefully soon recovery.

Matt H.

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2009, 07:24:45 AM »

Glad you finally got to your destination, DR Michael. Hope the return trip isn't so daunting.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up