Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: ONLY FRIDAYS  (Read 18952 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: ONLY FRIDAYS
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2009, 11:31:20 AM »

And welcome to PAGE THREE!!!

Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2009, 11:46:52 AM »

I keep meaning to ask you: When you were at CMU, was there a girl named, Laura, in your class? or "near" your class? Tallish, blond. I came across some high school programs the other day, and remembered that Laura had gone onto CMU after high school, and I believe she was a music theatre major.

I'm almost certain that I know who you mean. . .
But I could be thinking of Alison Metcalfe. . .

I was at CMU as an employee, not as a student, but I did get to know most of the theater students, musical or not. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2009, 11:46:52 AM »

PAGE THREE "TGIF" DANCE!!!

Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2009, 11:47:51 AM »

Oh, and I'm listening to an advance copy of the original London cast recording of Alan Menken's SISTER ACT and really enjoying it.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2009, 11:48:06 AM »

I keep meaning to ask you: When you were at CMU, was there a girl named, Laura, in your class? or "near" your class? Tallish, blond. I came across some high school programs the other day, and remembered that Laura had gone onto CMU after high school, and I believe she was a music theatre major.

I'm almost certain that I know who you mean. . .
But I could be thinking of Alison Metcalfe. . .

I was at CMU as an employee, not as a student, but I did get to know most of the theater students, musical or not. . .

Thanks. If I come across her last name, then maybe we can solve this "mystery".  Otherwise, consider it just one of those things. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Kerry

« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2009, 12:14:20 PM »

The flowers that arrived yesterday morning were from John McGlinn's sisiter Lorin, and they're quite lovely. DR Jose unpacked them for me yesterday afternoon.

Off to the pharmacy.

Glad to see you posting Larry!  Comfort vibes!
I like boat races.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2009, 12:19:22 PM »

Last Saturday night, I woke up to find my bed a shambles, and I asked ron Raines to come over and remake my bed. He did that on sunday afternoon while Dona and Charlotte were seeing SHREK. Then, on Sunday night, I woke around 2 am after dreaming I was wrestling with heavy fabric to find I'd torn the bed apart and thrown everything on the floor. When I told Ron on Monday what I'd done, he said that he'd had really bad dreams when he was on vicodin after his last surgery and I guess the vicodin was affecting me.  I haven't torn the bed apart since.

I've spoken to Jose who's coming over later, and my friend Daniel called and asked me what I want him to bring me for dinner, so I guess I have company for dinner tonight. Maybe Mexican?

I'm ready for a nap.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2009, 12:21:06 PM »

The flowers that arrived yesterday morning were from John McGlinn's sisiter Lorin, and they're quite lovely. DR Jose unpacked them for me yesterday afternoon.

Off to the pharmacy.

Glad to see you posting Larry!  Comfort vibes!

Thanks, DR Kerry. In fact, I'm all caught up on the posts now. Thank you, everybody! Keep 'em coming!

The muscle relaxer and the vicodin make me sleepy as well, so I think it's time for a nap.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2009, 12:25:46 PM »

...The muscle relaxer and the vicodin make me sleepy as well, so I think it's time for a nap.

DR Elmore, vicodin can also have a very uncomfortable GI side effect, so be sure to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables and drink plenty of water and juice.  I ended up in the ER several years ago having this particular side effect dealt with - not pleasant!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2009, 12:26:45 PM »

Last Saturday night, I woke up to find my bed a shambles, and I asked ron Raines to come over and remake my bed. He did that on sunday afternoon while Dona and Charlotte were seeing SHREK. Then, on Sunday night, I woke around 2 am after dreaming I was wrestling with heavy fabric to find I'd torn the bed apart and thrown everything on the floor. When I told Ron on Monday what I'd done, he said that he'd had really bad dreams when he was on vicodin after his last surgery and I guess the vicodin was affecting me.  I haven't torn the bed apart since.

I've spoken to Jose who's coming over later, and my friend Daniel called and asked me what I want him to bring me for dinner, so I guess I have company for dinner tonight. Maybe Mexican?

I'm ready for a nap.

It's really too bad you don't have the same side effects on Vicodin that I have had.   I can just be sitting there in the comfort of a Vicoden haze and suddenly find I've thoroughly cleaned the refrigerator or stove, or have vacuumed or cleaned out a closet.  Vicodin turns me into a cleaning machine.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2009, 12:52:39 PM »

Got back from Gabe's Hebrew lesson to a completely unexpected email basically trying to recruit me for a new job.  I'll have to think very carefully about this one....
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2009, 12:57:53 PM »

Congrats to Skip on the mention in Filichia's column! :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2009, 12:58:27 PM »

~~~Continued Vibes for DR Elmore!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2009, 01:08:32 PM »

Yet another reminder to check your bank statements:

Buying a Train Ticket, and Being Taken for a $23 Quadrillion Ride

Interesting! ::) There have been several reports of other people being charged $23 quadrillion for stuff:

NH man charged 23 quadrillion dollars for smokes

23 Quadrillion Dollar Bill

Unruly Teen Charges $23 Quadrillion At Drugstore

I don't know if it really explains it, but here's The Real Reason Behind The $23 Quadrillion Errors

DAW

« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2009, 01:08:44 PM »

I did get to know most of the theater students

Of that, I have no doubt!!!!      :)

DAW

« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2009, 01:09:55 PM »

***JOB DECISION VIBES***
for DR JMK!!!!

DAW

« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2009, 01:10:56 PM »

***CONTINING PAIN-FREE & RECOVERY VIBES***
for DR elmore3003!!!!

DAW

« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2009, 01:11:36 PM »

***CONTINUING MEDICAL VIBES***
for DBIL John!!!!

DAW

« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2009, 01:14:55 PM »

I bought the MGM (U.A. titles) box from FSM....and have both "The Fortune Cookie" and "The Apartment."  My dilemma is having a hole in my Kritzerland collection....

From bk's notes, it sounds like you may face this dilemma several more times in the near future!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2009, 01:16:10 PM »

I'm curious is that thing DR TCB posted about GHOST WHISPERER 100% for sure? When i read about it a while ago i didn't think it was for sure. Maybe now it is?

My first reaction I think is similar to most fans - not thrilled about it. I love watching melinda pregnant and would like to see how that progresses and what happens now with her and "jim". I guess maybe they will do flashbacks. And just want us to be able to see the kid do stuff. I wonder who they will cast as the kid?

Yes, it is a sure thing.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2009, 01:19:59 PM »

And the word of the day is: LANUGINOUS!

Abd The Song Of The Day Is:  THE UGLY DUCKLING

Matt H.

« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2009, 01:20:58 PM »

I watched last night's BURN NOTICE while I ate lunch. That adorable Jay Harrington (presently the star of BETTER OFF TED) was the primary guest star, and he was just wonderful. I really loved the episode (the ending might have been a bit too pat for the show), and now will watch what Michael does with his "mercenary" job for Ben Shenkman's character

Matt H.

« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2009, 01:22:58 PM »

Then I picked back up with my work project for the day: the Blu-ray of SLING BLADE. Just as funny, tender, and moving as it was the first time I saw it. (For some reason, I had it in my head that the climactic killing was bloody and grisly, but it wasn't at all. That was a big surprise.)

Matt H.

« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2009, 01:24:30 PM »

Then I started watching more of the bonus features. I started with the 43-minute Bravo profile which showed him as a good ol' boy still true to his roots. He had married Angelina Jolie by this time (it was a 2000 interview) , so she's interviewed, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2009, 01:26:30 PM »

Since that roundtable discussion of the film lasted over an hour, and I knew I couldn't get it finished this afternoon, I skipped it for the time being and went on the the next two items: conversations with Billy Bob and Robert Duvall and then a conversation with Robert Duvall alone about his working relationship and personal friendship with Billy Bob.

OK little interviews but nothing of really great interest.

Matt H.

« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2009, 01:27:47 PM »

I have about five more bonus features to get to (which includes that roundtable).

We aren't leaving for the theater tonight until 7:30, so I should be able to get some of these things finished by then.

Matt H.

« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2009, 01:28:50 PM »

I also got in the mail today Criterion's next two Blu-ray releases: KAGAMUSHA and PLAYTIME. Both should look spectacular in Blu-ray. However, they don't come out until August 21st, so they went to the bottom of the review pile.

FJL

« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2009, 01:31:50 PM »

td - Did you get my email? which basically siad:

Hi td, it's Thursday not Tuesday, that we're seeing the show.  Julie (the E&T Julie of HHW) and I are getting to Pittsburgh about 5, should be at the center of town by 6.  Assuming all is on schedule, we'll have dinner with Ann (and we, hope, you) around 6:30 and be in our seats at the CLO by 8. Then we're flying back to NY on Friday morning.  A whirlwind visit.

Are you free for a quick dinner near the CLO on Thursday?  Or else dessert or even just a drink after the show? (10:30-ish, I'd imagine)

Matt H.

« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2009, 01:58:16 PM »

Hopping off-line now to get as much of SLING BLADE written up as I've seen.

WBBL (it may be VERY late tonight since THE PRODUCERS is SO long.)

td

• td
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2009, 02:07:43 PM »

td - Did you get my email?

DR FJL - I always go to HHW before I open my email. . .But, now that you've mentioned it, I did get that email, and I think that all things considered, a 10:30ish meeting would work out best for all of us. . .
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up