Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: GAY MADCAP SPRITES  (Read 48411 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:GAY MADCAP SPRITES
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2004, 04:42:47 PM »

Pogue, put priorities where they belong and have a good, productive weekend.  We will miss you but I’m sure the movie will be worth it.

Tomovoz

« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2004, 04:51:57 PM »

Good to hear Echo is home. We have just (yesterday) received some biopsy results for Magnus - he now has to go on a special diet for the rest of his life. No snacks, no bones, no treats, no vegetables, no fun. The poor fellow is not even overweight. Fosca will not be on the same diet but the treats etc will be out for her too. Of course the diet food is EXPENSIVE! Magnus may need to get to get part time employment to supplement our income!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #152 on: March 26, 2004, 05:00:20 PM »

You work on something for a year and half, honing and weighing and meticulously crafting, getting it ready for production and as soon as it's greenlit...there is insane flurry of pre-production activity where everything is second-guessed or changed or they find it doesn't meet the budget and all the finely-crafted work is being altered by rapid-fire decisions and they want re-writes yesterday and you're the only one holding onto the continuity and line of everything in your mind.

Pogue, you stole my life story and I'm suing - suing, I tell you!

Panni

« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2004, 05:04:35 PM »

Good dog vibes to Echo and Magnus (and Fosca and Archie and all the other dogs at HHW)....

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2004, 05:05:41 PM »

To Dear Reader Panni:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

[move=RIGHT,scroll,6,transparent,100%] GAS!!  GAS!!  GAS!!  GAS!!  GAS!!  GAS!!  GAS!!  GAS!!  GAS!! [/move]  

Will Ads by Google's web crawler now present us with pitchs for Gas-X and Mylanta?
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Panni

« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2004, 05:07:08 PM »

Larry - I don't think I'll be seeing WILBUR WANTS TO KILL HIMSELF tonight. Not in the mood.

Michael

« Reply #156 on: March 26, 2004, 05:13:45 PM »

Wow! My reviews are up already!!! That was fast!
Never stop dreaming.

Tomovoz

« Reply #157 on: March 26, 2004, 05:15:55 PM »

On behalf of Magnus & Fosca, thank you Panni. This will some adjustment for the four of here. Cuddles instead of treats! (I think that is usually my prioroty anyway!)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2004, 05:23:06 PM »

Hey, you're embarrassing me, guys! :-\ It wasn't gas! I'm much too demure and ladylike for that.  

I actually know what gas feels like (not that I've ever had it) and this was a totally different kind of pain. That's why I noticed it and posted - which I now regret. :P

Anyway - I'm just fine now, except I'm in a less than stellar mood because I was all set to go to this meeting - ready like a runner on her mark - and the gun never went off. It's frustrating. Now I have to wait  two weeks for the rescheduled meeting. Aaaargh. (That's not the sound of gas!)

I do believe Dear Reader William F. Orr was merely reminding you, Dear Reader Panni, to fill the tank of your car before leaving for the meeting that never was.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 05:24:14 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2004, 05:26:00 PM »

Michael Feinstein, with whom Jimmy W. is touring, says that Jimmy's work is a continuation of the Great American Songbook.
....Thought on this?...

A neat quote from Jimmy Webb on the "process":

"One can not write songs like 'MacArthur Park' every day. I have no control over what comes. I rise in the morning and the compositions flow out. What you do is valid, if you feel that it means something to yourself. It has always been a draw between my radical and conservative points of view - I am either being called a Las Vegas songwriter or someone who contributed to start the Vietnam war."

MBarnum

« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2004, 05:30:03 PM »

Wow Jane, I think I missed your message regarding Echo's trip to the vet. I did read all the good vibes going to Echo (and forgot to add my own post of vibes...but in my mind I was thinking it!). So now I am sending get-well vibes to Echo. And Freddy the cat sends them as well!

MBarnum

« Reply #161 on: March 26, 2004, 05:31:30 PM »

By the way, I am now belatedly mentioning my favorite Rodgers and Hart song: AT THE ROXY MUSIC HALL! Love that one!

Jed

« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2004, 05:37:15 PM »

What I'm noticing in these little outlines is that quite a few of the films are about men pretending to be gay in order to win a girl. ("College freshman goes after his dreamgirl by playing gay.") Could someone kindly explain to me how this works in the real world?  ???

Beats me, but it's the one thing I haven't tried... maybe that's why I've had such crappy luck!!! :D
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jed

« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2004, 05:39:48 PM »

While Schwartz has done revisions to Children of Eden, the show he really can't put away is The Baker's Wife.  He's been futzing with that show since its Broadway closing and he's never stopped.

I don't know from The Baker's Wife, but Children of Eden sure as heck needs some work!  (Just my opinion, of course)
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2004, 05:41:13 PM »

About to leave for Musso.  Keep the home fries burning so I have loads of lovely postings to read upon my return.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #165 on: March 26, 2004, 05:58:09 PM »

Keep the home fries burning

Anything to make you happy:

DERBRUCER

« Reply #166 on: March 26, 2004, 06:00:18 PM »

Beats me, but it's the one thing I haven't tried... maybe that's why I've had such crappy luck!!! :D

I'm sure some folks on this board could give you some pointers 8)

der Brucer (Contemplating his next book "Acting Queer for Straight Dummies")

Jane

« Reply #167 on: March 26, 2004, 06:08:36 PM »

Tomovoz what is wrong with poor Magnus?  It is just so hard when they are sick.  Echo is still sad & down.  I’m sure by tomorrow she will be back to her usual self and that may be worse.  When I picked her up the doctor said she may return to her hikes in three days.  After returning home I read the small print on the follow up paper they gave me-NO BATHING OR GETTING WET FOR 10 DAYS.  How on earth can we hike in the spring without her getting wet or into mud!  I’m really bummed out now.  We will both be very grumpy & depressed by then if we don’t get out.

Sorry that turned into a rant about Echo & me.  I know what Echo has will improve.  I am sorry for cute Magnus and send him GOOD VIBES!  No treats is going to be very difficult.

Thank you MBarnum, Freddy and Panni.  Bogie the cat gave Echo a thorough sniffing when she returned home.  :D

Jane

« Reply #168 on: March 26, 2004, 06:15:06 PM »

Panni the only girls I knew who were attracted to gay guys were girls who had been sexually abused by dates.  I think their attraction is self explanatory.

Don’t want that to sound insulting.  One definitely can be attracted, but once you know, what is the point in pursuing the guy.   ???

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: March 26, 2004, 06:15:19 PM »

DR Jane, WONDEREFALLS is quite interesting this evening.  Either it's quirkier and funnier than the other two, I couldn't say, but it makes me smile.  A lot.  Especially all the toys singing 100 bottles of beer on the wall.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #170 on: March 26, 2004, 06:17:13 PM »

.  How on earth can we hike in the spring without her getting wet or into mud!  

You hike in a spring?  No wonder you get wet and muddy.  Try hiking in the countryside or in the hills on some dry days...away from the spring.

:D

(I couldn't resist it.)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 06:18:01 PM by RLP »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: March 26, 2004, 06:18:01 PM »

Whether it's funnier than the first two, I couldn't say!

I can't even put a sentence together anymore!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #172 on: March 26, 2004, 06:36:04 PM »

You hike in a spring?  No wonder you get wet and muddy.  Try hiking in the countryside or in the hills on some dry days...away from the spring.

:D

(I couldn't resist it.)

You're right..."Resistance is futile!"

der Brucer-Borg

Jane

« Reply #173 on: March 26, 2004, 06:40:42 PM »

RLP-cute.  :D Sometimes Echo does hike in a spring while I stay on the trail.  Sometimes I cross said spring on rocks & pray I don’t end up in the spring with Echo.  They aren’t really springs, just small rivers or creeks.

Elmore3003-what does that stand for anyway?  Thanks for mentioning WONDERFALLS.  We did enjoy it more last time, made it ¾ of the way through the show and even laughed some.  We just don’t get the same kick out of it that you do.  Watching her in the store is like re visiting a bad shopping experience. ;D

DERBRUCER

« Reply #174 on: March 26, 2004, 06:42:16 PM »

Let's talk serious art, here!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: March 26, 2004, 06:47:53 PM »

Elmore3003-what does that stand for anyway?  Thanks for mentioning WONDERFALLS.  We did enjoy it more last time, made it ¾ of the way through the show and even laughed some.  We just don’t get the same kick out of it that you do.  Watching her in the store is like re visiting a bad shopping experience. ;D

3003 is too complicated to explain.  Tonight, there are no retail scenes; she hasn't been near the store.  The inanimate objects singing is very funny, though.

Panni

« Reply #176 on: March 26, 2004, 07:14:48 PM »

I do believe Dear Reader William F. Orr was merely reminding you, Dear Reader Panni, to fill the tank of your car before leaving for the meeting that never was.

Mortified is my middle name. For some reason I didn't see the WFO's first post. Just saw derBrucer's reference to it and thought it was about last night's "heart ache" post. Thank you for pointing it out, Jay. I went back and removed my post. Now the only evidence which exists of my little faux pas is your quote of it. Now if you...

DERBRUCER

« Reply #177 on: March 26, 2004, 07:27:54 PM »

Mortified is my middle name.

Anna Mortified ... had a nice ring...I like it.

Jane

« Reply #178 on: March 26, 2004, 07:39:28 PM »

We are going to curl up on the bed with Echo and watch Sherlock Holmes & The Secret Weapon.

Elmore3003, leaving me to wonder about your name, I just told TIVO to record WONDERFALLS.  ;D

Goodnight.

Robin

« Reply #179 on: March 26, 2004, 07:50:46 PM »

First off....

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]GOOD DOG VIBES to all the GOOD DOGS out there!!![/move]

Second off...

The Significant Other and I watched a movie earlier tonight entitled Looney Tunes: Back in Action, directed by Mr. Joe Dante.  In all honesty, it wasn't all that good...except for a scene in Area 52, which featured cameos by a lot of 1950's SF monsters.  That scene, we both loved.  The rest of the movie wasn't bad, just uninvolving.  (I also like the fact that Joe Dante seems unwilling to make a movie without both Dick Miller and Robert Picardo in it somewhere.)

Oh, I have to ask this question: Is Jenna Elfman always this bad an actress?  Oh, my.  No timing, no screen presence, no ability to convey even the most basic emotion...stunningly, stunningly bad.

Third off...and best...

My copy of Kritzer Time arrived in today's mail!  Let's see, a weekend at the cabin, and a brand-new book...seems like destiny, don't it???
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 09:24:27 PM by Robin »
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up