Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: BUT I NEVER OWNED A LEISURE SUIT  (Read 26812 times)

Michael

Re: BUT I NEVER OWNED A LEISURE SUIT
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2009, 06:02:11 AM »

TOD

Hot pants and looking back why did my mother allow me to get them???
Never stop dreaming.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2009, 06:19:26 AM »

And the word of the day is: EURYBATHIC!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  UNDER THE SEA

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2009, 06:35:34 AM »

Pret a Manger coffee and then on to the Ruth Mott Foundation

Ben, do they have Pret a Manger's here in the states?  I have never seen LOST either.   I watch things like Chekov's PLATONOV, an old BBC Play of the Month, starring Rex Harrison, Sian Phillips, and Clive Revill...like I did last night.

Jennifer

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2009, 06:53:29 AM »

Well, I couldn't stop watching until I finished the final episode of season two - and I'm just a little surprised that our Lost fanatics here didn't see the connection between BK and the final episode - and it's a really REALLY obvious one, so skammen.  All you twist lovers, and surprise lovers, and no one noticed that some writer on this show has to be a fan of a little motion picture called The Creature Wasn't Nice aka Spaceship aka Naked Space - and let me tell you, it is no coincidence, since all the writers on this show would have come of age watching cable in the mid-1980s when our little movie was running all the time.  Now, who can tell me the connection?  C'mon, o you Lost experts.  It should especially be obvious to those who have been regulars on this here site and who've known its various and sundried denizens, both old and new.  We await.

BK you should post a spoiler post and mention what happened in LOST's season 2 finale. Most of us have not seen that season for 2 years (since we are starting season 5). I know i can't really remember what the season finale was at all.

Ben

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2009, 06:59:48 AM »

Ben, do they have Pret a Manger's here in the states?  I have never seen LOST either.   I watch things like Chekov's PLATONOV, an old BBC Play of the Month, starring Rex Harrison, Sian Phillips, and Clive Revill...like I did last night.

They are slowly opening outlets here in New York. I don't know if they have plans for other locations.

We just finished watching the original Forsyte Saga on Monday. It didn't take 26 weeks but it was still a wonderful experience. When it was over I felt a little melancholy. Of course I can watch them again but it was disconcerting that my experience with the Forsyte and Mont families was over. There is nothing like the first time.

Jennifer

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2009, 07:00:35 AM »

Wow, for anyone who watched last night's SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE

Wasn't brandon amazing? He's not really been my fav. But i thought he was by far the standout of the night. His solo (i have not cared for very many solos this year) was spectacular.

I will say that Nigel was right. I suspect the fans have been voting a lot for those dancers who stun with the amazing choreography, as opposed to just voting for a certain dancer. To me the obvious solution would be that the choreography have to be up a certain level. It's not fair that some dancers get amazing choreography and others don't.

Jennifer

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2009, 07:06:40 AM »

BK, I'm curious, what was the LOST season 2 episode with the terrific ending?

You seem to be quite picky as a viewer so i'm very interested what caught your eye.

Ginny

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2009, 07:07:35 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Hmm, did I forget to log out last night?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2009, 07:19:42 AM »

Today I'm going to spend a bit of time with my mom and my aunt.  I feel a little guilty for not visiting them since we returned from Chicago.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2009, 07:23:14 AM »

Good morning!

I had the longest night's sleep in weeks, months even (almost 9 hours), and I really, really eneded it. It took me a long time to come out of it; I was as groggy as I've ever been when I got out of bed. I'm sure all of this is related to my health issues.

We had more rain last night, and late afternoon storms are in the forecast for today too since it's partly cloudy with temps getting to the high 80s today. Ugh!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2009, 07:24:45 AM »

Well, I couldn't stop watching until I finished the final episode of season two - and I'm just a little surprised that our Lost fanatics here didn't see the connection between BK and the final episode - and it's a really REALLY obvious one, so skammen.  All you twist lovers, and surprise lovers, and no one noticed that some writer on this show has to be a fan of a little motion picture called The Creature Wasn't Nice aka Spaceship aka Naked Space - and let me tell you, it is no coincidence, since all the writers on this show would have come of age watching cable in the mid-1980s when our little movie was running all the time.  Now, who can tell me the connection?  C'mon, o you Lost experts.  It should especially be obvious to those who have been regulars on this here site and who've known its various and sundried denizens, both old and new.  We await.

BK you should post a spoiler post and mention what happened in LOST's season 2 finale. Most of us have not seen that season for 2 years (since we are starting season 5). I know i can't really remember what the season finale was at all.

We will be starting season six, DR Jennifer, when the show LOST returns this winter. The season five box set comes out in December.

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2009, 07:28:03 AM »

SPOILER (though I think a spoiler at this stage of the game is RIDICULOUS since the show has been running so long and these episodes are YEARS old)

The season 2 finale found Michael bringing back Kate, Jack, Sawyer, Hurley to "The Others" in exchange for freedom for him and Walt to leave the island. There were learn "Henry Gale" aka Benjamin Linus was the real leader of "The Others." Hurley is allowed to leave to go back to warn the survivors not to try to rescue Jack, Kate, and Sawyer, and Michael and Walt sail off.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 07:30:06 AM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2009, 07:29:30 AM »

In re bk's challenge about the season ender, I can't answer because I have never seen THE CREATURE WHO WASN'T NICE so the connection between the two would never be obvious to me.

Kerry

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2009, 07:31:53 AM »

TOD:  I had a pair of knee-high fringed suede moccasin boots in grade school.  Mickey Dolenz or Peter Tork wore a pair like them on their TV show.

I have a tendency to avoid trends since I am not rendy and never looked good it what was in fashion/

I am my own fashion; I am my own trend.  (Or some such thing.)
I like boat races.

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2009, 07:33:17 AM »

Today I will be working on another Fox Blu-ray which arrived after street date (their official policy as I have been informed):

MISS MARCH. It looks to be a frat boy comedy (my LEAST favoirite kind of movie), and the writer-directors are novices to moviemaking, so I have to say my preconceptions aren't positive ones, but I'll try to give it the benefit of the doubt until the groin and bodily fluid jokes become too numerous to ignore. At least it's only 90 minutes.

Matt H.

« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2009, 07:37:18 AM »

TOD:

My approach to clothing as always been comfort, not especially style. I have sensitive skin, so many things that have been in style over the decades just weren't of interest to me because to wear it would have been SO uncomfortable.

I did wear those double knit slacks (with flaired legs and wild kaleidoscopic patterns) when they were in style in the 70s but only because they were very comfortable on my legs, felt like silk almost.

Matt H.

« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2009, 07:40:35 AM »

I began my new exercise regimen today. Actually rehabilitation exercises to mend my "muscle breakage." The stretching and pulling has ease soreness and pain, but I can see that this will be a long process with no instant fix. As I said yesterday, I'm going to have to be very patient.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2009, 07:50:18 AM »

Ben, do they have Pret a Manger's here in the states?  I have never seen LOST either.   I watch things like Chekov's PLATONOV, an old BBC Play of the Month, starring Rex Harrison, Sian Phillips, and Clive Revill...like I did last night.

They are slowly opening outlets here in New York. I don't know if they have plans for other locations.

We just finished watching the original Forsyte Saga on Monday. It didn't take 26 weeks but it was still a wonderful experience. When it was over I felt a little melancholy. Of course I can watch them again but it was disconcerting that my experience with the Forsyte and Mont families was over. There is nothing like the first time.

The Lovely Wife lives off Pret a Manger coffee when were in London...and I have often grab a sandwich there for lunch.  I remember they were once charmingly the only thing of their kind there...before Starbucks,  Costa Coffee, Nero, and others flooded the market.  But who else would have a prawn and mayo sandwich?

Cillaliz

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2009, 07:51:54 AM »

TOD - Not really a clothing fad, but I was looking at my yearbook before going to my reunion and I think I had some of the biggest eyeglasses known to man, lol.

I also remember when I was in 6th grade I had a pair of purple velour hip higger bell bottoms.   I loved them at the time.  But i was in 6th grade, so that's my excuse.

Cillaliz

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2009, 07:53:00 AM »

The peasant shirts that made the wearer look pregnant was pretty bad

Cillaliz

« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2009, 07:53:52 AM »

I was never really trendy.  I prefer a classic look.   I did do the Annie Hall look for a short time.

Cillaliz

« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2009, 07:54:38 AM »

Casual for me has always been jeans and tshirts.  I'm getting away from wearing as many shirts with words on them as I used to wear.  But that's about all

Cillaliz

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2009, 07:56:31 AM »

Ok, phone conference is over....back to work.

I'm feeling a little better, but not much.   I feel like I did last fall when I was in D.C.  I can't say that I'm sick, but I don't feel well.  I don't know if that makes any sense. I am at the office working.  I have things that have to be done, so I may as well do them....

Laters

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2009, 08:01:50 AM »

Good morning, all! My sleeping habits are a mess; I'm up way too long with the pain and I sleep too late in the morning. I have to make an emergency trip to the bank ASAP, although I'd rather not, and I would have preferred to make it an hour ago.

I've been analyzing my visit to Dr Simon, and I think I'm pissed that neither he nor my other doctor has recommended an MRI. I think the problem is related to a pinched nerve in my lower back and everyone's spinning their wheels in the sand. It certainly is easing up and maybe the ibuprofen has a great deal to do with it. Still, without the vicodin and relaxer, I'd be up the creek.

I've also sent Brent Barrett an email asking for a recording date. If it's really soon, I will have to back out since I'm really tied up until the 13th with the Library of Congress project. oy!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2009, 08:08:59 AM »

TOD: I have never been in style.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2009, 08:22:31 AM »

BK, I'm curious, what was the LOST season 2 episode with the terrific ending?

You seem to be quite picky as a viewer so i'm very interested what caught your eye.

SPOILER!

It was the episode wherein Michael has come back and suddenly shoots two regular (but more recent) cast members dead.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2009, 08:24:07 AM »

Good morning, all! My sleeping habits are a mess; I'm up way too long with the pain and I sleep too late in the morning. I have to make an emergency trip to the bank ASAP, although I'd rather not, and I would have preferred to make it an hour ago.

I've been analyzing my visit to Dr Simon, and I think I'm pissed that neither he nor my other doctor has recommended an MRI. I think the problem is related to a pinched nerve in my lower back and everyone's spinning their wheels in the sand. It certainly is easing up and maybe the ibuprofen has a great deal to do with it. Still, without the vicodin and relaxer, I'd be up the creek.

I've also sent Brent Barrett an email asking for a recording date. If it's really soon, I will have to back out since I'm really tied up until the 13th with the Library of Congress project. oy!

I believe the recording dates begin on September 8th.  Since what's being asked of you is to basically write a rhythm chart and a solo instrument (at least that's my understanding), I can't imagine it would take much of your time, but what do I know?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2009, 08:26:17 AM »

In re bk's challenge about the season ender, I can't answer because I have never seen THE CREATURE WHO WASN'T NICE so the connection between the two would never be obvious to me.

Of course you haven't.  :)  However, since it involves a name and that name happens to have been used by a dear reader and since that dear reader named himself after a character in The Creature Wasn't Nice aka Spaceship aka Naked Space, well...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2009, 08:27:15 AM »

Oh, and I'm up.  I suppose I'll do the long and/or shorter jog, but to do so I'll have to leave in about twenty minutes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2009, 08:32:45 AM »

I had an e-mail from a CD purchaser telling me she'd purchased two CDs from us and received them a month ago and that both of them arrived with "smashed" cases and that we should be more careful in how we ship.  First of all, why did it take a month to write the e-mail?  Second of all, I'm at a loss as to how to be more careful than using expensive cardboard boxes to ship CDs, other than encasing them in steel boxes.  We obviously have no control over how the USPS manhandles them.  Third of all, we've really only heard about two other cases of "smashed" cases, and since one of them involved six CDs, I asked them to return them, which he did, and I replaced them.  Those six CD cases, which were described to me as "smashed to smithereens", had a couple of hairline cracks - that was the worst of it - and most of them only had one barely discernible hairline crack.  It just makes you wonder - these handful of people never write to tell you they've enjoyed the CD, just that the cases arrived "smashed."  Since this latest gal doesn't want to return them or get replacements, well, I can only imagine how "smashed" they really are.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up