Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: MR. DINTHER HELMUT AND THE SEVEN MILLION POUNDS  (Read 22785 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: MR. DINTHER HELMUT AND THE SEVEN MILLION POUNDS
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2009, 07:20:38 AM »

When It Rains, It Pours Department:

Not only am I still struggling with some health issues, but I woke up this morning to find that my central A/C unit had died during the night. It was 79 inside the house at around 7 a.m. Immediately cut off A/C and opened doors and windows and turned on the attic fan. Got the house cooled down to 75, but that won't last long.

Got out the number of the heating/cooling place that installed this unit in 2001. The voice on the other end told me I had reached a FUNERAL HOME! Yep, the place had gone out of business!

So, I got a referral from best friend John about a reliable heating/cooling company and called them. They're expected between 1 and 3 p.m. today.

How much more good luck can one man stand?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2009, 07:20:51 AM »

Page Two Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2009, 07:22:45 AM »

My work project today will be BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA on Blu-ray. I saw it when it first came out in 1986 and never since then. I reviewed it then, but search though I might this morning, I could not turn up my review. Oh, well.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2009, 07:24:14 AM »

And the word of the day is: PHILOPROGENITIVE!

And The Song Of The Day Is;  ROTHSCHILD AND SONS

Good morning, all! 

DR ArnoldMBrockman, you asked yesterday about LITTLE DORRIT. I loved the series when it was on PBS this year, and I am assuming this is the DVD, with Claire Foy as Amy Dorrit, you were given. I thought the cast was wonderful, especially Miss Foy, Judy Parfitt, Matthew McFadyen, and Tom Courtenay. Russell Tovey as the jailer's son John moved me to tear with his unrequited love for Amy. It's a good creepy story of revenge and its consequences, a ponzie scheme, the idiocies of bureaucracies, and the stupidities and ingratitude of a class system. I recommend it highly.

Last night was not a good night. I tossed and turned from 10 pm to around 1 am, finally fell asleep after that to a need for more pain meds around 4:30, after which I had horrible nightmares until I forced myself out of bed around 9:15. I'm going to walk to the post office in a few minutes to mail some overdue packages, and tomorrow I think I will schedule a date with the barber. I am not going to let this megillah tie me down any longer.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2009, 07:28:00 AM »

Not only am I still struggling with some health issues, but I woke up this morning to find that my central A/C unit had died during the night. It was 79 inside the house at around 7 a.m. Immediately cut off A/C and opened doors and windows and turned on the attic fan. Got the house cooled down to 75, but that won't last long.

Got out the number of the heating/cooling place that installed this unit in 2001. The voice on the other end told me I had reached a FUNERAL HOME! Yep, the place had gone out of business!

So, I got a referral from best friend John about a reliable heating/cooling company and called them. They're expected between 1 and 3 p.m. today.

DR MattH, that's horrible! When you're feeling down, it's the help of friends and conveniences that get you through it.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Mega Vibes for DR Matt H, DR JRand58, DR Ginny and Richard, and all DRs Today! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 07:29:50 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

td

• td
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2009, 07:28:34 AM »

Back from Dixie's graveyard run.  The garbage collectors on the other side of the fence told her that she was a beautiful dog.  None of the residents of the cemetery voiced an opinion.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2009, 07:29:00 AM »

Those of us who were watching LOST weekly were very dismayed by the Nikki and Paulo episode. Actually, I liked how their history on the island was retrofitted into past sequences from previous seasons, and the twisty ending was fun, but the episode was indeed a "marking time" episode that angered many people who were looking for answers to the many mysteries on the island and who didn't want yet another batch of characters introduced and making the story even more complicated. It was soon after this episode that ABC and the producers announced that there would be only three more seasons of LOST running in the second half of each season with no reruns between episodes so the writers could begin producing episodes with a definite end point in mind.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2009, 07:29:24 AM »

Down the street.  The street sign is in my yard.  :o

DR JRand58, is the interior flooded? Where are you staying. I am so sorry!

td

• td
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2009, 07:31:25 AM »

ASK BK -

Last night I watched the latest dvd transfer of TO CATCH A THIEF, so my first ASK BK question is:

Which of these romantic pairings with Cary Grant do you like the most?
Grace Kelly (TO CATCH A THIEF)
Audrey Hepburn (CHARADE)
Ingrid Bergman (NOTORIOUS)

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2009, 07:32:36 AM »

DR MattH, that's horrible! When you're feeling down, it's the help of friends and conveniences that get you through it.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Mega Vibes for DR Matt H, DR JRand58, DR Ginny and Richard, and all DRs Today! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you, DR Elmore. What an infuriating two weeks it has been for me.

td

• td
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2009, 07:32:39 AM »

>>>>>Air conditioning vibes for DR MATT<<<<<

td

• td
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2009, 07:33:55 AM »

ASK BK -

What Hitchcock film's screenplay do you think would make an interesting piece of musical theater?
What Hitchcock film would you personally want to write as a musical?

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2009, 07:34:46 AM »

The UPS man just left another review disc: the Blu-ray of HANNAH MONTANA: The Movie. I knew it was coming, but since it doesn't come out until August 18th, it did not jump to the top of the pile.

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2009, 07:36:00 AM »

>>>>>Air conditioning vibes for DR MATT<<<<<

LOL! Thanks. It's a $99 diagnostic fee before they even start to fix the thing, so it's going to be an expensive afternoon. However, one can't live in the South with A/C. At least, I can't.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2009, 07:36:41 AM »

And the word of the day is: PHILOPROGENITIVE!

And The Song Of The Day Is;  ROTHSCHILD AND SONS

Good morning, all! 

DR ArnoldMBrockman, you asked yesterday about LITTLE DORRIT. I loved the series when it was on PBS this year, and I am assuming this is the DVD, with Claire Foy as Amy Dorrit, you were given. I thought the cast was wonderful, especially Miss Foy, Judy Parfitt, Matthew McFadyen, and Tom Courtenay. Russell Tovey as the jailer's son John moved me to tear with his unrequited love for Amy. It's a good creepy story of revenge and its consequences, a ponzie scheme, the idiocies of bureaucracies, and the stupidities and ingratitude of a class system. I recommend it highly.

Last night was not a good night. I tossed and turned from 10 pm to around 1 am, finally fell asleep after that to a need for more pain meds around 4:30, after which I had horrible nightmares until I forced myself out of bed around 9:15. I'm going to walk to the post office in a few minutes to mail some overdue packages, and tomorrow I think I will schedule a date with the barber. I am not going to let this megillah tie me down any longer.

That's the one. I'm looking forward to watching it.

I continue to wish you a quick recovery. Good Health Marimbas and All That Jazz

td

• td
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2009, 07:37:05 AM »

ASK BK -

If you could enter a movie screen and inhabit the world of one Hitchcock film, what would it be? And why?

Matt H.

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2009, 07:38:52 AM »

On TV Tonight!™

NBC - AMERICA'S GOT TALENT, THE PHILANTROPIST
ABC - WIPEOUT, JAPANESE GAME SHOW
BRA - TOP CHEF MASTERS
TNT - LEVERAGE, DARK BLUE

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2009, 07:39:13 AM »

MATT H-

AIR CONDITIONING MARIMBAS TO YOU....

td

• td
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2009, 07:41:09 AM »

Regarding Nikki and Paolo - I remember well the animosity towards this episode when it first aired.  I also remember thinking "WTF?" about the episode itself.  I did like having Artz back, for those brief informative moments, but unlike the other far-fetched ideas put forth on LOST, I didn't find any real connections to reality with Nikki and Paolo. I wasn't bored by the episode, but left with the feeling of "Meh."

Laura

« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2009, 07:41:56 AM »

Boy, I understand the air conditioning woes, Matt H. I hope it is an easy repair!

And vibes to you and to Elmore for a more comfortable day!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2009, 07:46:38 AM »

Regarding Nikki and Paolo - I remember well the animosity towards this episode when it first aired.  I also remember thinking "WTF?" about the episode itself.  I did like having Artz back, for those brief informative moments, but unlike the other far-fetched ideas put forth on LOST, I didn't find any real connections to reality with Nikki and Paolo. I wasn't bored by the episode, but left with the feeling of "Meh."

I had no problems with this episode at all.  I was very satisfied with how the creators decided to eradicate characters I did not like (in fact, I resented their sudden inclusion to begin with.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2009, 07:47:56 AM »

* * * * *  HEALTH AND COOLING VIBES FOR DR MATT * * * * *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2009, 07:49:49 AM »

* * * * *  HEALTH AND SLEEPFULL NIGHTS VIBES FOR DR ELMORE  * * * * *
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2009, 08:02:56 AM »

The UPS man just left another review disc: the Blu-ray of HANNAH MONTANA: The Movie. I knew it was coming, but since it doesn't come out until August 18th, it did not jump to the top of the pile.

DR MattH, are you obligated to review every DVD you receive, or just the ones you choose to review? I would swear that a friend of mine who reviews for THE AMERiCAN RECORD GUIDE reviews one out of ten, if not less.

Thank you all for the vibes! When this occurred in 2004, I had just joined HHW and, when the illness began with the abscess and then the leg problems, I virtually left HHW for a couple of months. I credit a lot of the speediness in this recovery to all the vibes and the ibuprofen!

Ginny

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2009, 08:03:32 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  I was up and out early this morning for a (routine) doctor's appointment and blood draw.  I've been referred for an ultrasound on the leg that had the blood clots last year, but we're being optimistic that it's not going to be a repeat.

Vibes to all...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2009, 08:08:07 AM »

Good Thoughts to all who need them today!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

td

• td
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2009, 08:08:30 AM »

Never underestimate the power of HHW Vibes.

Matt H.

« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2009, 08:23:09 AM »

DR MattH, are you obligated to review every DVD you receive, or just the ones you choose to review? I would swear that a friend of mine who reviews for THE AMERiCAN RECORD GUIDE reviews one out of ten, if not less.

I'm expected to either review what I'm sent or petition one of the other reviewers to do it. If I don't want to do it or no one else wants it, it doesn't get covered. I couldn't find anyone who wanted to do the last relase of THE HILLS. One season of that was all I EVER wanted to see.

Matt H.

« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2009, 08:24:12 AM »

Thank you, DRS Dan (the Man) and Arnold. Much appreciated.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2009, 08:24:36 AM »

"Big Brother 11" SPOILAGE

SPOILAGE

Dkfjfdsjafjkl afjslkj kfjksfdkljkj ldsafljkafklj ad;lfkj ;lkasjflk;jfdsal;kajfd There were several moments of total hilarity in last night's episode, although those who caused the mirth would be dismayed if they knew folks thought they were "jokes."  Russell made it clear to Jessie, Natalie and Chima that Ronnie was his target for eviction.  Those three then began their moves to convince everyone in the house to vote out Lydia, instead.  These are Russell's "alliance", as it were.  Chima, for bad or even worse, was supposed to be Russell's "girl friend", but she displayed no loyalty to him at all.

Jeff, Jordan, Kevin and Michelle are all likely to vote out Ronnie.  Michelle is seen as the swing vote.  Jessie, Natalie and Chima want Ronnie to stay (why is anyone's guess except they don't know he holds each of them in utter contempt).  Jessie and Natalie are green-eyed with jealousy over the fact that Russell granted Jeff a lot of his private time.  They know some sort of deal was struck during the HOH challenge, but they are now wondering what else could be going on.  After Michelle won the Power of Veto, Russell had a private meeting with her.  Jessie and Natalie were beside themselves.  They presume it's "their" business what Russell does.  And then, the funniest comment I think I've ever heard on this show was uttered by Jessie:

"What the **** does he want with her?  She's not even interesting!  H***, HE's not even interesting."  Natalie nodded vigorously in agreement.

Just wrapping my mind around this...that Jessie finds someone in the house UNinteresting and he surrounds himself with Natalie and Chima!!!!!!!  I mean, come on!  I expect Jessie to be self-centered, but I had no idea he was so delusional as to consider himself interesting!  He, Chima and Natalie have the personalities of a rock.  It's too funny.   Equally hilarious is that Jessie consideres himself to be "the brain" of his alliance.  ROTFLMAO.

Here's hoping tomorrow night's episode reveals Jeff or Jordan have won the Coup d'Etat!  That's MY hope, at any rate. 

Strange things happen on this show all the time...and the breaks seem to fall in place for players I don't much care for more often than not.

I guess that's part of its charms.  LOL.  Xhkjdkjkjlfkljljk ;lkj kj lkjflkja;lskfj ;lkj ;lajdsf;lkjadsfk jsafdljkas;ldfj;l kjfsadjkasdf;lkjasfdlkjfsdk;lj as;lkjasdflk;j sdaf;lkjasdf;lk j;lkj a;ldkjjksf;lkjsdf ;lkasdf  al;kjf;lkja f  a jkldlkjdklj  akljkljfdsa;lkj asdf!!!

End SPOILAGE
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 08:26:16 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up