Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BOOT BUNGLER  (Read 42604 times)

td

• td
Re:THE BOOT BUNGLER
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2004, 06:04:04 PM »

I dont think I have because I'm not certain how I'd go about it!  I don't want to miss the oh-so-naked chat!

Jenny! I am here to save the day!

Click on the start menu.
Click CONTORL PANEL
Click on INTERNET OPTIONS.
Click on ADVANCED.
Under  MICROSOFT VM be sure that JAVA CONSOLE IS NOT CHECKED. (if it is, merely Uncheck it)
Also be sure that the JAVA LOGGING is also UNCHECKED.
This should allow you into chat. . . .

Use Internet Explorer.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2004, 06:16:34 PM »

Jenny, after you've applied those changes, maybe it would be seemly to restart your computer. . .

Jenny

• May we come to trust the dreams we must fulfill.
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2004, 06:42:23 PM »

Nothing seems to work.  Thank you so much to all those who tried to help me access the live chat.  Sadly, I think that I'm just going to give up.  :'(
"I am always thinking of myself, and I expect everyone else to do the same.  That is what is called sympathy." -Oscar Wilde

td

• td
« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2004, 06:43:15 PM »

Lovely to see so many Hainsie and Kimlets naked in chat tonight.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2004, 07:49:25 PM »

WOW it is quiet here.

[move=down,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
      :o
     [/move]
                                 [move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :-*
                                  :-*
                                  :D[/move]

I did it!  I made them go up & down.  Now I never want to again.  

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #125 on: March 29, 2004, 07:50:03 PM »

Goodnight.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2004, 08:10:28 PM »

****DR OPINION POLL****

Here is a new Pic Jenny sent me.

I think it should be her Avatar.

Opinions?

der Brucer (reminds me of Marlene Dietrich taking the stand in "Witness for the Prosecution')
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2004, 08:20:14 PM »

All you smart engineer types out there...
 I'm wondering - could there be something in the ventilation system?? ...Thoughts?

Legionnaire's Disease is carried through venilation systems in hotels and the like. Also there are nasty molds whose spores can be carried in air ducts that can cause quite severe allergic reactions in some folks.

The Aussie Gov tells us:

What are the symptoms of Legionnaires’ disease?
Symptoms are usually similar to a severe ‘flu’ infection and include: fever; headache (often severe); shortness of breath; muscle aches and pains and sometimes a dry cough.

From the time of infection with Legionella bacteria, it takes between two and 10 days for symptoms to appear. In most cases, symptoms begin after five or six days.

How do you get Legionnaires' disease?
Legionella bacteria are found naturally in the environment and thrive in warm water and warm damp places. They are commonly found in bodies of water, soil and potting mix.

People usually get Legionnaires’ disease by breathing in Legionella bacteria in very fine droplets of water called aerosols.

Man-made water systems sometimes provide environments that let Legionella bacteria increase to large numbers. These man-made systems include showers, spa pools, fountains, and also cooling towers associated with air conditioning and industrial cooling processes.

der Brucer (rising to the defense of engineers)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 08:28:59 PM by DERBRUCER »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2004, 08:26:53 PM »

It shore IS mahty quiet 'round these here parts.  We need us some denizens with nimble fingers which can tap out brilliant thoughts for all of us to see.

MBarnum

« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2004, 08:33:29 PM »

Well, no brilliant thoughts here! LOL!

I missed chat! A naked chat! I got home late tonight...had to run errands :(

TCB, I also meant to tell you what splendid looking pussy-cats you have! Freddy enjoyed looking at the photos too!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2004, 08:42:16 PM »

It shore IS mahty quiet 'round these here parts.  We need us some denizens with nimble fingers which can tap out brilliant thoughts for all of us to see.

Are people on the "C List" still permitted to post?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2004, 08:54:33 PM »

Good evening!

Good preview tonight.

Opening tomorrow night.

And then a day off!

My first full day off in 16 days!!!!!!

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel... And god help it if it's a train!!!! ;)

*And if anyone would like to come see Children of Eden at Ford's Theatre - we're running until June 6 (we're hoping we extend!) - please feel free to contact me for tickets.  I can't arrange comps - my family gets those - but house seats are not a problem.

-And I'm not sure I wanted DR Jay to share my "eye candy" comment.  ;)

-And Sarah and Maya - you can always try HotTix for 1/2 prices ones.  The $10 seats at the box office are obstructed view.

DR Panni - That episode of "Six Feet Under" is also one of my favorites.  So many things said in that episode.  So many truths.  So many things that hit close to home and the heart.

My condolences to the families, friends and classmates of the two teenage boys who were killed.  It can always seem that it is "too soon", and when in high school, it truly is.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2004, 08:59:20 PM »

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...

Do not, I repeat DO NOT, walk toward the light!

der Brucer (who needs Jose around to pick upon)

(I gave up trying to get rid of that ending preposition)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2004, 09:04:23 PM »

***HAINESHISWAY ANNOUNCEMENT***

Thanks to expanding technology, DRs will soon be able to log on to HHW at 30,000 feet.

Do so, and become a charter member in the "BK MileHigh Club"

FNC reports:

Monday, March 29, 2004

ATLANTA — Time and productivity are integral parts of doing business, and for business travelers the time spent flying from one city to another had always been closed to live, real-time Internet and e-mail access.

But changes are happening to keep passengers connected at 35,000 feet. Starting in April, travelers will be able to fly and surf the Web at the same time on international Lufthansa flights.

der C-Listed  Brucer

MBarnum

« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2004, 09:20:17 PM »

****DR OPINION POLL****

Opinions?

der Brucer (reminds me of Marlene Dietrich taking the stand in "Witness for the Prosecution')

Jenny has lovely legs, and great fashion sense too!  ;D That is one cool dress!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 09:21:37 PM by MBarnum »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2004, 09:22:23 PM »

***HAINESHISWAY ANNOUNCEMENT***
FNC reports:

Monday, March 29, 2004

ATLANTA — Time and productivity are integral parts of doing business, and for business travelers the time spent flying from one city to another had always been closed to live, real-time Internet and e-mail access.

But changes are happening to keep passengers connected at 35,000 feet. Starting in April, travelers will be able to fly and surf the Web at the same time on international Lufthansa flights.

Now let me see if I understand this derBrucer, if I want to fly from Seattle to LAX, and I want to surf the web, I will need to fly Lufthansa  and take the.... double polar route?

Thanks, MBarnum, I am glad you liked the photos.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2004, 09:37:35 PM »

Now let me see if I understand this derBrucer, if I want to fly from Seattle to LAX, and I want to surf the web, I will need to fly Lufthansa  and take the.... double polar route?
Trust me, double polar is mucho preferable to bi-polar.  
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2004, 09:38:49 PM »

****DR OPINION POLL****

Opinions?

I like the pic very much.  The only thing I don't care for is that it doesn't show Jenny's smile.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2004, 10:06:09 PM »

Well, I've not been here today because I've been in rewrite Hell all day.  But I did take a break to go to the opening night party of the French Film Festival (WGA is one of the sponsors) City of Lights, City of Angels at the Directors Guild.  

I have been going to this since 1996 when the Guild sent to me to Cannes and later for a conference in Beaune.  And even though I'm no longer on the board, they still send an invite each year. How nice to rewarded because I got to take pleasant vacations in exotic locales at the expense of Guild, so I could sit on a panel and bullshit about my career before adoring souls.  

And this particular event is an a chance to eat and drink my dues.  The lovely wife and I have often seen most of the films.  But the lovely wife is in Kentucky and I am in re-write Hell, so I only stayed for the party from 6-7:30.  And what a swell party it was (Cole P. reference)!  Much better than last year when the Bush economic pall took its toll on the festivities.  But we had several food and drink sponsors, so the grub and booze was fine.  Or at least the grub and the champagne was fine, which is what I swilled all night.  

Right off the bat, I met Mr. Jack Valenti in a bright yellow shirt (his shirt, not mine; I was wearing a bright orange dress-T under a yellow jacket) and was re-introduced to him by former guild president Del Reisman (though Jack and I have met before at Beaune and, at this first affair, he himself introduced me to Jackie Bissett).  I also met several journalists pals I know from the Reporter, Variety, LA Times, and Premiere Magazine.  

I then met Mr. Randall (director of Grease) Kleiser.  It was he who introduced me to the lovely Jacqueline Bissett this time. And she is still lovely.  And if she has had worked done,  it's very good work because she looks like a strikingly beautiful woman of her approximate age...not afraid of a few lines and wrinkles or less than taut skin.  Mr. Kleiser and I reminisced about how we had tried to do a remake of WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE & later THE DAY THE EARTH CAUGHT FIRE.  He claims that Mr. Spielberg put the kibosh on the former because of his asteroid picture, but personally I think it died (at least with me) because I wasn't all that interested...or had bigger fish to fry.  I don't remember why THE DAY THE EARTH CAUGHT FIRE sort of stagnated.  Anyway, Mr. Kleiser has always been very nice and cordial to me.  I also saw director Dick Donner (who once called me the most disrespectful writer he'd ever met) and his wife producer, Lauren Schuler Donner.  I later ran into Lauren on her way to the loo and we exchanged pleasantries. Other people I caught glimpses of were Howard Hesseman and Peter Bonerz who come every year.

The lovely wife is having a lovely time in Kentucky being feted as the alumni celebrity she is at our old theatre department and she may extend her trip another day or two.  She just called.  She's staying till Thursday.

Now back to writing...or a champagne collapse in bed.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2004, 10:18:31 PM »

Jenny has lovely gams - or gam, since we can only see one of them.  But let's have a photo of that smile, too, o ye photokeepers.  Just watched Something's Gotta Give about which more later.

This has been one of the all-time lowest weekdays ever.  O, the errant and truant - I'm afraid they will be moving to the C List.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2004, 10:26:05 PM »

...I also saw director Dick Donner (who once called me the most disrespectful writer he'd ever met) and his wife producer, Lauren Schuler Donner.
Now there's something interesting to put on a resume.  "I used to produce wives for people, for a very reasonable fee.  It can be so inconvenient to be without one, you know."

Here's hoping rewrite hell doesn't last too long!

Jed

« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2004, 10:37:46 PM »

Well, I joined in the sparkling live chat for awhile earlier, but all the various and sundried had clothed themselves by the time I arrived.  As for Kritzer Time, I am one of those in the midst of reading it.  However, like DR Noel, I'm move through books fairly slowly, so it'll probably be awhile still until I finish it.

Bosses... haven't had all that many, and have had pretty decent ones most all of the time.  If there was one I'd put upon today's list, it'd be the doofus who was the manager of the family fun center I worked at one summer (I ran the bumper boats... far and away the worst job I've had).  And he wasn't really all that bad, just a total doofus.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2004, 11:06:41 PM »

Thanks for the info derBrucer. I don't think it's Legionnaires' Disease, but they're going to be checking the vents in the building.

I couldn't last through the Heidi F. movie, so I have nothing to report about it.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2004, 11:36:40 PM »

I have returned from Lady in the Dark.  It's an interesting piece, to say the least.  The story is about Liza Elliott, a successful businesswoman who, overwhelmed by feelings of anxiety, seeks a cure for her ills by visiting a psychiatrist.  LitD opened in 1941, so I imagine placing psychoanalysis at the center of a play--a musical no less--was rather startling at the time.  Over the course of her visits to the doctor, Miss Elliott describes several surreal dreams.  These dreams--and one flashback--are depicted on stage and serve as the primary musical numbers in this vehicle.

The book is by Moss Hart and, to be kind, it is talky and arid.  Complicating matters is that it was quite apparent that the lion's share of Musical Theatre Guild's extremely limited rehearsal time went to the musical numbers, so the long stretches of book were staged in rather static fashion and there was heavy reliance by the actors on their scripts.  I yearned for the talking to stop and the dream sequences to begin.

These sequences, with music by Kurt Weill and lyrics by Ira Gershwin, are rather complex musically.  Since they are surreal, there are jumps in style and Gershwin had the chance to create some wild lyrics here and there.  The best known songs from the the show (to me, at least) are "My Ship," "The Saga of Jenny" and "Tschaikowsky."  I never heard "This is New" until tonight, and why it has not become a standard I cannot fathom, as it is a beautiful song.

The performances ranged from OK to good.  Miss Eileen Barnett, as Liza Elliott (a role originated by Miss Gertrude Lawrence) came off stronger in the musical numbers than she did in the book sections.  Mr. Richard Israel, whose character sings "Tschaikowsky," was no Mr. Danny Kaye.  (Mr. Kaye sang the song in the original production and this play provided him his big break.)  There was an on-stage eleven-piece orchestra that played well.

Musical Theatre Guild announced their 2004-2005 season tonight:  My Favorite Year, Redhead, Roberta, Sail Away and the LaChiusa The Wild Party.

The degree of success of the productions at Musical Theatre Guild can vary wildly, in terms of the quality of the properties being mounted and the on-stage performances.  When they hit their mark, as they've done in a number of shows I've seen there, it makes sitting through the "misses" worth it.  With Reprise! doing the glossy work they've been doing for a while now, MTG serves an excellent purpose in the world of musical theatre here in Los Angeles.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 11:58:53 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up