Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RAGING HEADACHE  (Read 24004 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE RAGING HEADACHE
« on: September 15, 2009, 12:19:59 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were raging, and now it is time for you to post until the raging cows come home. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE RAGING HEADACHE
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 12:21:16 AM »

And the word of the day is: REFRACTORY!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 12:59:17 AM »

Lucky Californians:

LATIMES

Gasoline prices keep rising in California while falling nationwide

Experts blame low production and tight supplies in the Golden State for the growing gap between the average price of a gallon of regular there and elsewhere in the U.S.
By Ronald D. White
September 15, 2009

The gap between what California motorists and the rest of the nation pay for retail gasoline widened again over the last week as pump prices rose throughout the state. Analysts said that the price jump was probably the result of low production and tight supplies.

The average cost of a gallon of regular gasoline in California climbed 5.4 cents to $3.153, the Energy Department said Monday. That set a high for the year for the second straight week and marked the fifth straight week that the state's prices have topped $3 a gallon. Nationally, the average price dropped for the fifth straight week, falling 1.1 cents to $2.577.

Analysts said that some of the reasons for the unusually large gap of 57.6 cents between the California and national averages could be found in the fact that refineries in the state are running far short of full production, even after accounting for some anticipated and unscheduled refinery downtime.

For the week that ended Sept. 4, California refineries produced 5.8 million barrels of California-grade gasoline from a stock of 17.8 million barrels of oil. During the same week last year, the refineries pumped out more than 6.2 million barrels even though oil supplies were nearly 40% lower last year.

"California is really disconnected from the rest of the country on this. Refineries have erred so much over the fear that they would be stuck with an oversupply of gasoline, like they were when prices caved last year, that the result is too little gasoline," said Tom Kloza, chief oil analyst for the Oil Price Information Service in New Jersey.

That's the price CA pays for having their own "boutique" formulation of gasoline.

I only pay $2.47 down here.

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 01:17:12 AM »

So, George, whatcha think of Leno?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 02:09:32 AM »

So, George, whatcha think of Leno?

der Brucer

It wasn't the complete train wreck that I was thinking, but I wasn't impressed...nothing special.  I don't need to watch this on a regular basis.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DAW

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 03:16:13 AM »

DR Sam, thanks very much for your birthday wishes last night!!!        :)

DAW

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 03:16:48 AM »

I truly hope that bk's aches & pains are gone when he wakes up this morning!

td

• td
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 03:20:05 AM »

I am awake and ready to go sell Dan Brown books.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 03:39:16 AM »

Sore throat, constant sneezing and slight fever vibes to The Vixter! 

STAY WELL VIBES FOR DR JOSE!

Bruce, I hope your head & mouth feel better this morning!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 03:43:44 AM »

We have weekend company arriving on Thursday.  I'm going to attempt to stay off the computer while I clean house, cook & bathe the dog before then.  I'm so sleepy from not sleeping I sit down at the computer & don't get back up to do the things I need to do, so no sitting today.

DAW

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 04:22:32 AM »

cook & bathe the dog

Maybe it would work better if you washed Sherlock before you cook him.             ;)

Michael

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 04:26:31 AM »

TOD

I wish I had an answer for this one. If I had to make a guess it would be The Beatles in the film HELP!
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 04:42:39 AM »

Good morning!

Cool and warm: the forecast for today and appears to be for the rest of the week (although rain is supposed to roll in tomorrow).
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 04:44:32 AM »

I am on earlier this morning since I wanted to get some computer work cleared up before the roofers get here at 8:30. I want to stay downstairs while they work, and while I do have the laptop down there, I don't really like working on it much with its quirky wireless internet connection. So, I have to find things downstairs this morning to keep me occupied.

Matt H.

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 04:46:01 AM »

No work project today unless something comes in the mail or UPS this morning or this afternoon. I'd rather not work today since I don't know how long the roofers are going to be here or how loud they're going to be. They'll be working above but very near to where my home theater/den is, so trying to concentrate while they bang around doing their work would be difficult.

Matt H.

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2009, 04:46:39 AM »

TOD:

The nearest I can guess would be Elvis Presley's "Hound Dog."

Matt H.

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 05:16:37 AM »

I'm heading down now to await the arrival of the roofing men. I don't know how long the work will take, but I'm here for the duration.

WBBL.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 05:28:44 AM »

Good morning, all! This morning I am back to the McGlinnventory, after which I visit my barber at Radio City for some tonsorial aid. After that, I think I'll stop by rehearsal for a bit since it's near the 50th Street subway stop. Then I have a stop at the market followed by a visit with the copyist for FINIAN'S RAINBOW. I have three pieces to give him as well as some fixes for the Overture.

Hopefully, by the time I get home the bookcase problem will be a thing of the past.

TOD: "Hound Dog Man" or "Blue Suede Shoes" by Elvis around 1956 or 57. I also remember about the same time a couple of Buddy Holly songs and the Big Bopper - my mom loved his recording of "Chantilly Lace" - so I couldn't swear which one was the first I really heard.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DAW

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 06:00:42 AM »

Hopefully, by the time I get home the bookcase problem will be a thing of the past.

May it truly be so!!!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2009, 06:06:11 AM »

TOD:

I have no idea what the actual first rock 'n' roll song I ever heard would have been.  Having two older sisters in the house, I was pretty much weened on rock.

The first rock (pop, really) record that I recall that I asked to be bought for me was "My Boy Lollipop" by Millie Small.  I have no idea why I was so infatuated with that song but I was.

Since I did share the same interest in rock as my next oldest sister, I didn't have to buy any music for myself until I was fourteen and I bought Paul Simon's THERE GOES RHYMIN' SIMON, my first LP.

My first rock CD was Peter Gabriel's SO.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 06:12:04 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2009, 06:14:23 AM »

Lucky Californians:

LATIMES

Gasoline prices keep rising in California while falling nationwide

Experts blame low production and tight supplies in the Golden State for the growing gap between the average price of a gallon of regular there and elsewhere in the U.S.
By Ronald D. White
September 15, 2009

The gap between what California motorists and the rest of the nation pay for retail gasoline widened again over the last week as pump prices rose throughout the state. Analysts said that the price jump was probably the result of low production and tight supplies.

The average cost of a gallon of regular gasoline in California climbed 5.4 cents to $3.153, the Energy Department said Monday. That set a high for the year for the second straight week and marked the fifth straight week that the state's prices have topped $3 a gallon. Nationally, the average price dropped for the fifth straight week, falling 1.1 cents to $2.577.

Analysts said that some of the reasons for the unusually large gap of 57.6 cents between the California and national averages could be found in the fact that refineries in the state are running far short of full production, even after accounting for some anticipated and unscheduled refinery downtime.

For the week that ended Sept. 4, California refineries produced 5.8 million barrels of California-grade gasoline from a stock of 17.8 million barrels of oil. During the same week last year, the refineries pumped out more than 6.2 million barrels even though oil supplies were nearly 40% lower last year.

"California is really disconnected from the rest of the country on this. Refineries have erred so much over the fear that they would be stuck with an oversupply of gasoline, like they were when prices caved last year, that the result is too little gasoline," said Tom Kloza, chief oil analyst for the Oil Price Information Service in New Jersey.

That's the price CA pays for having their own "boutique" formulation of gasoline.

I only pay $2.47 down here.

der Brucer

Move to Texas.  It's almost a buck cheaper here, too.

So is auto & homeowners insurance, movie admission prices and almost everything else.

;)
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2009, 06:16:31 AM »

I've never been a big fan of "rock," but the song that really got to me was Bill Haley's "Rock Around the Clock," played over the opening titles of THE BLACKBOARD JUNGLE.
You can dream…or you can do.

Matt H.

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2009, 06:22:40 AM »

Hello!

I'm downstairs on the laptop trying out this unreliable connection. It seems to be OK so far.

Matt H.

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2009, 06:24:00 AM »

On a more disappointing note, the roofers have not arrived yet (40 minutes late). I mean, it shouldn't matter since *I'M* not doing any of the work, but I had hopes they'd get here early, work all morning, and be done by early afternoon.

A pipe dream, I guess.

Matt H.

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2009, 06:25:10 AM »

And no sign of any UPS deliveries either, so at least I'm not staring any work for myself in the face.

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2009, 06:26:01 AM »

Now, I guess I'll sign off here and see what other trouble I can get myself into on the internet. One thing's for sure, I won't be spending any money!

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2009, 07:05:51 AM »

Checking in again. And with progress on both fronts.

The roofers are here (about 50 minutes late) and are working. It's going to be LOUD.

UPS arrived with WOLVERINE and MY NAME IS EARL - Season 4, both on Blu-ray. Will I get to do WOLVERINE today? Might have to be tonight. I could never concentrate on a movie I hadn't seen with all that hammering and noise.

Matt H.

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2009, 07:06:51 AM »

OK, I'm going off-line now for awhile.

WBBL.

Ginny

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2009, 07:21:34 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  It's another gloriously beautiful day here in SW Ohio.  I have some grocery shopping and cooking to do and then a webinar to attend at 2pm.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Kerry

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2009, 07:53:13 AM »

TOD:  The first ones I remember listening to were Bill Haley doing, "Shake, Rattle and Roll,"  Annnette singing, "Indian Giver," Brenda Lee singing, "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" and some songs from "King Creole" by Elvis  and of course, Elvis' versions of "Blue Christmas" and "Santa Bring my Baby Back To Me."
I like boat races.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up