Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THONGS FOR TODDLERS  (Read 12765 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: THONGS FOR TODDLERS
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2009, 01:11:43 PM »

Next I watched last night's MAD MEN. AStonished by several of the occurrences on last night's show. I will be VERY disappointed if the fired person stays fired. The other storylines went pretty much according to Hoyle.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2009, 01:11:54 PM »

Page Four Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2009, 01:13:16 PM »

Since I watched the Blu-ray of THE WIZARD OF OZ several times last week, I thought I'd watch its kissin' cousin today - THE BLUE BIRD. Not in Blu-ray, of course, but upconverted it looks very nice. SOme of the color is quite gorgeous.

Matt H.

« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2009, 01:13:50 PM »

Then, I scanned through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. Nothing of interest.

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2009, 01:14:34 PM »

I scanned through today's ONE LIFE TO LIVE. Fish, Kyle, and Nick were all on with some interesting dynamics between them. Am really enjoying this storyline.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2009, 01:15:33 PM »

Hmmm--I'm having flashbacks to doing Shakespeare in college in period costumes (i.e., tights) and the costumers (in one case Oscar-award winner Gloria Gresham) pleading with the guys to PLEASE wear the supplied dance belts!

During Reefer Madness last year, there was a drug-induced orgy scene where everyone was in various states of undress.  All the men were told (and some had to be told more than once!) to wear tighty unders under our outer unders.  :-X
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2009, 01:16:04 PM »

I wonder if DR MattH will take in one of those Charlotte performances.

He likely will not. This has been an expensive summer for me, very expensive with the hospital/doctor/PT bills, A/C repair, new roof on the back of the house. The $70 a ticket for a show I have seen on tour twenty years ago plus several times in local theater productions just isn't in the cards. I'm sure it's a lovely, even memorable production of the show, but if I'm going to send $70, I'd rather it be for the tour of JERSEY BOYS which is also coming through here this season. It may not be SOUTH PACIFIC, but at least I've never seen it before.

I usher for shows that come to Olympia.  I get to see them FOR FREE!  Okay, sometimes I have to stand for the whole show, but free is free. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2009, 01:16:20 PM »

I'll add my mini-rant here about men's trousers today....more specifically, the jeans worn by young people that look like they either took a dump in them....or that they got hand-me-downs from someone whose butts were 10 times larger than their own...and hence, the sag.

Fashion Police are needed NOW, more than EVER.

And they need CLOUT!  (Verbal bitch-slaps don't seem to bother any of them).

How about the real thing?? ;)

Matt H.

« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2009, 01:17:24 PM »

In the time I had remaining, I tried to pull up last night's episode of THREE RIVERS from HD On Demand, but CBS hasn't posted it yet. So, I pulled up last week's CSI: MIAMI. I don't watch the show regularly any longer, but I have been watching two or three episodes a season just to keep watch over how the show is progressing. Eddie Cibrian has joined the cast and looks wonderful. (I think he's lost a little weight.)

The case, about three beach volleyball players who get electrocuted during a game, is pretty interesting. Haven't seen all the suspects yet, so I don't have any indications as to the guilty party though I know (based on whom we HAVE seen) who I suspect about halfway through the show.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 01:19:05 PM by Matt H. »

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2009, 01:18:13 PM »

I totally agree with BK's rant on thongs and stuff.  Frankly, I think that thongs are ridiculous, even on adults.

But, since we're ranting this morning, what REALLY bothers me is how kids and even adults (well into their thirties) know little or nothing about great literature, history or even current events.  Actually, you only have to watch Jay Leno's "Jaywalking" to know that.

During the last month, I've been with several successful, supposedly well-educated people who had never heard of John Brown, Emile Zola, Robert Louis Stevenson or even Winston Churchill.

I graduated from public high school in 1959.  We were required to read several great works of literature, know the basics of American history and study current events.  What the hell have schools been teaching since I left?

This gets even better.  A few years back, I was speaking to some Cinema students at USC, and none of them had heard of Spencer Tracy or Clark Gable or had seen CASABLANCA or GONE WITH THE WINDAnd, they're Cinema students!

But, the true tragedy of this younger generation's ignorance is that they don't care.  Their attitude is: What does that have to do with me NOW?

End of rant.

It's often cited that people in their thirties do not like to watch movies that are either made before 1980 or in black and white. 

I know for a fact that my eighteen year old nephew refuses to watch anything in black and white--even YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN and RAGING BULL.

I think that was Ted Turner's rationale for colorizing films. Not that I'm defending the idea...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2009, 01:20:03 PM »

All I can say about folks who won't watch black and white films is that it's THEIR loss. They will never know what they're missing.

Laura

« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2009, 01:25:05 PM »

Hey, DerBrucer -- Please tell Woody I need some tips for making caramel apples.

"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2009, 01:27:09 PM »

Hello, everyone.

What has struck me about clothing trends since returning to California is how many women I see showing cleavage in the work place. Over and over again I see women wearing tops that I associate with either beachwear or cocktailwear, yet one was working in a pharmacy, another at a doctor's office. I see it all the time, too. I can't understand it.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2009, 01:27:52 PM »

All I can say about folks who won't watch black and white films is that it's THEIR loss. They will never know what they're missing.

Absolutely!

Edisaurus

« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2009, 01:28:14 PM »

I wonder if DR MattH will take in one of those Charlotte performances.

RAIN is also coming to Charlotte.

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2009, 01:29:46 PM »

I guess I should go eat something.  The numbness is almost all gone now. 

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2009, 01:29:56 PM »

Sorry about the nasty trip to the dentist, Bruce.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2009, 01:30:11 PM »

I wish it would rain here.  It looks like it's trying to.

Edisaurus

« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2009, 01:30:39 PM »

Word!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2009, 01:30:44 PM »

I finished the liner notes and sent them and track titles to the designer.  I won't start the next liner notes until tomorrow.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2009, 01:31:09 PM »

Rain may be coming to my 'hood soon, too. Oh! Different rain.

Ben

« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2009, 01:35:01 PM »

I will be leaving soon to have dinner with Dear Elmore then I get to see Finian's Rainbow!

What a nice break from the work environment

Matt H.

« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2009, 01:56:47 PM »

I have a few computer odds and ends to tinker with her, and then I'll head down to begin the evening entertainment. I'll be watching something on Blu-ray, but I haven't decided what it will be yet.

And no, the Fox Blu-rays did not come today. They will be exactly one week AFTER street date if they arrive tomorrow. Is this any way to run a publicity business?

Matt H.

« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2009, 01:57:03 PM »

Spoo!

WBBL.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2009, 02:06:38 PM »

I'm heading out now for midtown. I need to purchase two tickets at the box office for next Tuesday before meeting DR Ben on 43rd and Ninth Avenue.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2009, 02:06:41 PM »

Richard and I have returned from our first visit to Cincinnati Premium Outlets, which is one exit south of us off I-75.  It's mostly clothes and shoes.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2009, 02:35:43 PM »

I agree, but then that is what I also say about Bollywood movies.

Jennifer

« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2009, 02:43:52 PM »

It is getting colder out. But thankfully no snow. I am definitely not ready for that yet. I really do not want to see snow in october!

Jennifer

« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2009, 02:44:29 PM »

I have a bunch of tv shows that i have not watched yet, including the end of DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, DEXTER, PRIVATE PRACTICE and GOSSIP GIRL.

George

« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2009, 02:53:08 PM »

I have a bunch of tv shows that i have not watched yet, including the end of DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, DEXTER, PRIVATE PRACTICE and GOSSIP GIRL.

I still have last night's "Mad Men" to watch.  Hopefully, tonight...in between "Heroes" and "Castle," maybe.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up