Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WEAVERS FROM FLANDERS  (Read 15348 times)

Laura

Re: WEAVERS FROM FLANDERS
« Reply #210 on: November 04, 2009, 06:59:22 PM »

Beautiful photos, Jane. Thanks for posting.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #211 on: November 04, 2009, 06:59:49 PM »

What's the law, Cillaliz?

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #212 on: November 04, 2009, 07:02:12 PM »

Then it was off to THE WOMAN IN BLACK.

This is NOT a distinguished play. There were a couple of shuddery moments, and the two actors in the cast (not counting to unspeaking woman/ghost) did just fine. The set was very functional, and the sound system was VERY important to the play having any kind of atmosphere or mood.

Hard to believe this has run in London for years.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #213 on: November 04, 2009, 07:03:29 PM »

I was going to watch MODERN FAMILY when I got in, but I decided that I'd just come upstairs and get my on-line business done and then get to bed early.

I haven't gotten a solid night's sleep since we did the daylight savings time changeover. Seems like I wake up every hour or two since Sunday.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #214 on: November 04, 2009, 07:06:45 PM »

Thanks DR Laura. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #215 on: November 04, 2009, 07:08:41 PM »

What's the law, Cillaliz?

It's a vicious dog ordinance, which is fine, but it's a one bite and your out rule and the person you appeal to is some retired cop - no animal behavior training at all.  There is no provision to allow a rescue group to take the dog or to save the dog by getting it out of town. There are no provisions to beef up where you keep the dog and so on....

The ironic thing is the councilman who owned Jake was the biggest proponant of the pit bull ban.  Anyway, there are proposals that will be given to the council to have a vicious dog ordinance with a three person panel - at least one of whom has to have had animal behavior training and possible provisions to allow a rescue group or some other group to take the dog out of the city.  I think they are also proposing a repeal of the pit bull ban.   dogs have already been killed just because they were pit bulls.  no bite necessary

Cillaliz

« Reply #216 on: November 04, 2009, 07:12:12 PM »

That's a real short summary.  I guess the bottom line with Jake is the neighbor came over where Jake was playing with his children in his yard. The neighbor approached them and he bit the neighbor's hand.  The neighbor didn't want anything to happen.  He was a good dog, but his invisible fence was too close to the sidewalk and it happened.   The ordinance basically says if you break the skin you die.  Totally unreasonable.  There are vicious animals and I understand why the ordinance exists,  but there has to be a way to have exceptions for an animal protecting it's family

Laura

« Reply #217 on: November 04, 2009, 07:14:21 PM »

Wow. One bite. That's a tough law. We had a dog that used to bite, but didn't ever break the skin. I was always worried about her.

Laura

« Reply #218 on: November 04, 2009, 07:15:44 PM »

The boys are playing like nothing happened. Ginny is sitting on the rocking chair quietly. She had a pretty tough surgery today. I asked if I could buy pain meds for her, but they said she didn't need them.

Cillaliz

« Reply #219 on: November 04, 2009, 07:17:02 PM »

The boys are playing like nothing happened. Ginny is sitting on the rocking chair quietly. She had a pretty tough surgery today. I asked if I could buy pain meds for her, but they said she didn't need them.

That's what they told me after Callie's last procedure, I told them she was in pain and I at least wanted prednisone.  It helped considerably.  Glad they are recovering

Cillaliz

« Reply #220 on: November 04, 2009, 07:17:57 PM »

Wow. One bite. That's a tough law. We had a dog that used to bite, but didn't ever break the skin. I was always worried about her.

The councilman who lost his re-election said that he supported it and he would vote for it again.  He won't get the chance.  Yeah!

Cillaliz

« Reply #221 on: November 04, 2009, 07:22:11 PM »

Officials: Swine flu confirmed in Iowa cat By Michael J. Crumb, The Associated Press | Posted: Wednesday, November 4, 2009 2:30 pm

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- A 13-year-old Iowa cat has been infected with swine flu, veterinary and federal officials said Wednesday in what is believed to be the first case of the H1N1 virus in a feline in the United States.

The domestic shorthaired cat was treated last week at Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Ames and has recovered, officials said. The virus also has been confirmed in two ferrets -- one in Oregon and the other in Nebraska -- but they died.

"We've known certainly it's possible this could happen," said Centers for Disease Control spokesman Tom Skinner. "This may be the first instance where we have documentation that transmission occurred involving cats or dogs."

The veterinarian who treated the cat, Dr. Brett Sponseller, said two of the three people in the cat's Iowa home had flu-like symptoms before the cat became ill. The case was confirmed at both Iowa State and the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

Other influenza strains have been known to cross species, but Sponseller cautioned against drawing too many conclusions from the cat including whether other pets could also get the swine flu.

"It's well documented in influenza in general, but this is the first highly suspected case of H1N1 going from humans into a cat," he said.

The indoor cat was lethargic, had a loss of appetite and appeared to have trouble breathing after it became infected, Sponseller said. It's owners declined to comment.

Officials said pet owners should take the same precautions against spreading swine flu to pets as they would with humans.

Getting children vaccinated for swine flu can also help prevent the illness from spreading to pets. There is no swine flu vaccine for pets.

Dr. Ann Garvey, Iowa's state health veterinarian, said it is not yet known how sick cats or other pets could get from swine flu.

"Because we haven't seen that many cases, it's difficult to give a blanket assessment on how sick it can make an animal," she said.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 07:24:07 PM by Cillaliz »

Matt H.

« Reply #222 on: November 04, 2009, 07:24:07 PM »

I'm finished with my evening internet surf, so I'm going to head down to bed.

Good night!

Jane

« Reply #223 on: November 04, 2009, 07:25:11 PM »

The councilman who lost his re-election said that he supported it and he would vote for it again.  He won't get the chance.  Yeah!

Great!!  It is a horrid, horrid bill.  Where is Jake?

Jane

« Reply #224 on: November 04, 2009, 07:26:47 PM »

Of course the boys are fine, they usually are-lol.  Poor Ginny.  I hope she heals quickly & stays quiet.

Cillaliz

« Reply #225 on: November 04, 2009, 07:27:53 PM »

Great!!  It is a horrid, horrid bill.  Where is Jake?

Someone cut the lock on the fence at animal control and kidnapped Jake in August, not too long before his time was up. His whereabouts and the whereabouts of his kidnapper/rescuer are unknown.   The day after he was rescued, shirts were printed saying "Run Jake Run"  they sold out very quickly

Cillaliz

« Reply #226 on: November 04, 2009, 07:29:26 PM »

There are currently 6 dogs I know of on death row.  they all have attorneys who have filed law suits in district court trying to save them.

Laura

« Reply #227 on: November 04, 2009, 07:35:11 PM »

Whom do the attorneys bill?

Cillaliz

« Reply #228 on: November 04, 2009, 07:40:39 PM »

Whom do the attorneys bill?

LOL. I assume the owners, but I don't know.

Cillaliz

« Reply #229 on: November 04, 2009, 07:41:05 PM »

Actually, there may even be a defense fund, not sure

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #230 on: November 04, 2009, 08:18:16 PM »

Vibes to DR Ben...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #231 on: November 04, 2009, 08:19:01 PM »

Feel better vibes to elmore...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #232 on: November 04, 2009, 08:19:30 PM »

My friend needs votes for the best blurb book contest.  She could win a nice bit of money.  Please check it out and if you like what you see, vote for her.

http://www.blurb.com/photo-book-contest/view_book/569052

She is also the friend who made this photo for us.

Cute!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #233 on: November 04, 2009, 08:21:00 PM »

They have found some swine flu in hogs that were at MN state fair

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #234 on: November 04, 2009, 08:28:04 PM »

While I was sick I recall seeing something on the Spanish Influenza and they kept saying something to the effect

I had a little bird
its name was Enza
I opened the window
and In Flew Enza

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #235 on: November 04, 2009, 08:28:42 PM »

I gotta say after watching the Mercer documentary that Clint Eastwood's daughter should keep her mouth shut.

That seems to be the general consensus of everyone. Except Clint.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #236 on: November 04, 2009, 08:32:54 PM »

Love all the pictures of Sherlock!!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #237 on: November 04, 2009, 08:34:46 PM »

....and it started off on the wrong foot with Eastwood's daughter screeching through that song.....

What song did she screech?

This Time the Dream's On Me (rather inappropriate for a kid her age) and Moon River. Too bad they cut so much of Audrey's verison out...one of the many songs we only get a glimpse of before people start pontificating again.

Edisaurus

« Reply #238 on: November 04, 2009, 08:35:07 PM »

But I'm not bitter.

Edisaurus

« Reply #239 on: November 04, 2009, 08:35:38 PM »

While I was sick I recall seeing something on the Spanish Influenza and they kept saying something to the effect

I had a little bird
its name was Enza
I opened the window
and In Flew Enza

Bird Flew!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up