Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: A WRITING JAG, A WRITING TEAR, A WRITING BINGE  (Read 21378 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
A WRITING JAG, A WRITING TEAR, A WRITING BINGE
« on: January 03, 2010, 12:05:00 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were on a jag, a tear, AND a binge, and now it is time for you to post until the writing cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: A WRITING JAG, A WRITING TEAR, A WRITING BINGE
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 12:05:55 AM »

And the word of the day is: GLOZE!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 12:49:34 AM »

Just had the most interesting telephonic call, which led to another interesting telephonic call.  As you know, we're prepping our first release of 2010, and it's a title I was happy to release, even though it's been out on CD (oop for some years now, though).  I just wasn't sure how many sales we'd have, although I knew ours would sound much better and be a MUCH better presentation.  The original LP release of this score had been a re-recording - the original film tracks have never been available, but we were going to include about four or the film tracks as bonus material, since we would be able to get those four tracks completely clean from the laserdisc release of the film.  So, that made it special.  But this phone call has turned what would be a good release into a potential release of the year for fans of this film (and they are legion) - I am being Fed Exed a CD of the complete original score - only a little of it in stereo, but the rest in excellent mono, all 76 minutes of it.  So, this is suddenly going to become a two CD set, like we did for How To Murder Your Wife.  This is REALLY exciting news and boy does it start Kritzerland off in the best possible way for 2010.

This is exciting, BK!  Can't wait to find out what it is!  I assume that you'll have to raise the price for this 2-CD set?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 12:53:43 AM »

This is from yesterday:
It's interesting to read about the cold that DRs Dakota and Cillaliz are facing.

I guess it's not so cold here. We often have a windchill of -20 but that is Celsius. I can't even imagine how cold -40F is.

Actually, -40°F is the same as -40°C.  Interesting, huh?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 12:57:43 AM »

Hmmmm...a writing jag, a writing tear, a writing binge...but no writing/riding bear?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 12:58:51 AM »

Let the joyful news be spread.....

....I got my mail...finally.  It was AT the annex all the time.  And I only found out when I intercepted my local carrier as he was leaving my condo complex this morning.

Sigh.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 01:11:44 AM »

Let the joyful news be spread.....

....I got my mail...finally.  It was AT the annex all the time.  And I only found out when I intercepted my local carrier as he was leaving my condo complex this morning.

Sigh.

Good news...certainly better late than never.

DAW

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 02:09:16 AM »

DR Ron Pulliam - I am very glad to hear that you and your mail were reunited.

DAW

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 02:10:09 AM »

For those who are interested, Spike Lee's film of the musical Passing Strange is supposed to be shown on PBS stations on the evening of Wed, Jan 13th.

DAW

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 02:10:52 AM »

I am thrilled that so many DRs and/or spouses were able to see Ragtime yesterday!         :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 05:08:45 AM »

Good morning, all! I was up at 7:15 because I have a lot of work to accomplish today and I have to be out and about around 11:30. I need to be at Toyland around noon to return some books, and bring a few back, for my LADY OF THE SLIPPER bibliography. I've also got to begin a biliography for Russell Warner's edition of OH BOY!
This show is forcing me to make a trip to the Amherst College Library at some point in January or February, much as I'd like to put it off until April or May, and I need to figure out how to get there!

So, that's my day. It was wonderful to see the beautiful slender vixmom and the lovely Vixter yesterday, and what a treat to see Greg and DR edisaurus two days in a row! I'm glad they got to see RAGTIME, although I was really hoping for a return to Finian so Greg could see it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Presentation Vibes for DR edisaurus and Greg Today! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2010, 05:10:08 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Computer Vibes for DR George! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 05:21:26 AM »

Since this is a free-for-all day, I hope you will not mind a COMMERCIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

One of my publishers has sent me some overstock copies of two (2) of my older books.  They are:

1. CHEYENNE WARRIOR: The Original Screenplay with Author Commentary.  The 1994 filming of this script with Kelly Preston, Pato Hoffmann, Dan Haggerty and Bo Hopkins is the movie of which I'm most proud.

2. NOBODY DROWNS IN MINERAL LAKE was my first novel, published in 1999.  It's a mystery-thriller, set in Central Washington State and is somewhat autobiographical.

If you'd be interested in having a signed copy of one or both of these, I'm selling them for $10.00 each (including shipping within the USA) or $16.00 for both (including shipping).  Payment via PayPal is fine.

The PayPal address is: druxy@ix.netcom.com

Thanks for reading this, and I now return you to your regular programming.

You can dream…or you can do.

Jennifer

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2010, 06:08:52 AM »

Last night DR Jane wrote about The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo:

i like that the story doesn't unravel in the usual manner.  i think book 2 is more complex than 1.  i read them a good time apart.  after you are done with book 2 you could begin reading it in french and see how it goes.  from what you have said i think you might be better off waiting until may.

I probably will wait until may.  If the book had originally been written in English then i would 100% wait until may. But since they are both translations i may just look at book 3 in French and see how complicated it is.

I wonder if book 1 is so complex because of the translation. I never really thought of that before. But i wonder if it is very hard to translate some of the words that were originally used.

Jennifer

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2010, 06:12:55 AM »

There is snow outside. Although it doesn't look like as much as it was supposed to be (10cms). Although i really have no idea how much actually fell.

I think we will have another 3cms today, which isn't bad.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 06:15:47 AM »

And the word of the day is: GLOZE!

And The Song Of The Day Is: IT'S ONLY A PAPER MOON

Jennifer

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 06:21:12 AM »

BK, it's very interesting reading about your writing. I am amazed that so many years later you remember things so clearly.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 07:06:30 AM »

Good morning!

The deep freeze has arrived. It's VERY cold here, and it's only getting up to 35 today. COldest weather of the new century here, but I bundled up this morning and took my walk as usual. Because I was weighed down with a heavy jacket and gloves, the walk was harder than usual, especially that last half which is ALL uphill, but I survived and will do it again tomorrow morning.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2010, 07:08:08 AM »

I'll be continuing with GLEE today as I try to get through the remaining episodes in the set. I likely won't get to the bonus features until tonight (one reason is because I'll likely rewatch some of my favorite numbers of the second half of the season thus far like "Jump!" "Imagine," and "True Colors" plus their triumphant numbers at the Sectionals contest.

Matt H.

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 07:09:02 AM »

I have last night's CASTLE rerun, and since the show will NOT be on tomorrow night (rats!), maybe I'll save this for another time. I'll likely watch some MENTALIST episodes while I cook and eat lunch.

Matt H.

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 07:10:29 AM »

I have CUJO here on Blu-ray, too, and had meant during one of those days off I had to get around to it. I never managed to fit it in. Maybe this week.

Matt H.

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2010, 07:13:13 AM »

I should have some time off this week. I still have the DVD version of THE MARINE 2 which I'll get to tomorrow, but that'll be an easy day since I've already written up the movie and the bonuses. Just have to check out which bonuses made it to the standard DVD release.

I am expecting one Fox film this week: CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN 2, not exactly something I'm waiting with baited breath to see. (I never saw it in theaters, on DVD, or paycable).

So, the week's workload should be pretty light. Later in the week, I'll start on those Criterion releases (CHE on DVD and Blu-ray, PARIS TEXAS, ROSSELLINI'S WAR FILMS).

Kerry

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2010, 07:14:30 AM »

Glad you're excited about your new book and enjoying your binge, BK.
I like boat races.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2010, 07:21:31 AM »

DR JOSE that horror movie poster you put up yesterday still makes me scared.....the makeup on the monsters was chilling.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2010, 07:24:21 AM »

DR DtM - The Dream-O-Matic 6000 says that you are more interested in reading than in writing, even though writing intrigues you.  What others think of you gives you pause about what you say - though NOT about what you think.  You also see what you do for a living as a practical drudgery rather that is stifling much of your creativity.

Laura

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2010, 07:25:13 AM »

DR JOSE that horror movie poster you put up yesterday still makes me scared.....the makeup on the monsters was chilling.

LOL!
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2010, 07:25:13 AM »

DR ELMORE - your dream is beyond interpretation.  Dream-O-Matic refused to give an interpretation.

Both - please deposit $35 in my PayPal account.  Thank you.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2010, 07:26:07 AM »

The Goldstein Girls at the Candy Store with Sandra.

That is a good premise for a Nickelodeon series - or special.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2010, 07:26:44 AM »

Very excited to read about MR BK's progress with the book - and with the possibility of an OUTSTANDING cd release coming up from Kritzerland Records.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2010, 07:27:11 AM »

It is 8 degrees.  It is the first Sunday of the month, so there is a board meeting.  Therefore I am not working.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up