Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: BLEARY WEARY EYES  (Read 21500 times)

Julie

Re: BLEARY WEARY EYES
« Reply #180 on: January 18, 2010, 07:21:01 PM »

Surgery vibes for DR Der Brucer!!!

And {{{{{hugs}}}}}} too.

Julie

« Reply #181 on: January 18, 2010, 07:23:17 PM »

I made lots of cakes in my Easy Bake Oven.  Then there were the creepy crawlers and the edible creepy crawlers.  I'm more surprised we didn't burn our hands off

Creepy crawlers!!!   How could I have forgotten all about those?  I loved making those!  They were so disgusting.  They would never let a little kid play with those things today.   Could you just imagine the recalls and lawsuits?

Julie

« Reply #182 on: January 18, 2010, 07:24:58 PM »

Ah!  Good times!

Julie

« Reply #183 on: January 18, 2010, 07:25:14 PM »

Toy deleted.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #184 on: January 18, 2010, 07:27:03 PM »

I had more computer work to do than I expected, so I didn't get as many fun things watched as I wanted.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #185 on: January 18, 2010, 07:28:43 PM »

When I finally got settled in front of the set, I watched (finally) last Friday night's episode of LAW & ORDER. Raul Esparza was the guest star, and he was very good. It was a fascinating case, too, (based in part on the David Letterman blackmail incident) and it was very enjoyable.

Matt H.

« Reply #186 on: January 18, 2010, 07:31:43 PM »

I then began rewatching all six of the final men skaters (again) while I waited to begin my prime time viewing. I'm hoping they're right that the guys that finished 5th and 6th are the future of men's skating. (I wish they had showed Brandon Mroz's free skate. He rose from 10th in the short program to 6th overall scoring better in the free skate than Johnny Weir, so I wish NBC had shown it. (He finished 2nd last year, so it would have been nice to see what he was up to this year after being so impressive last year.)

Matt H.

« Reply #187 on: January 18, 2010, 07:32:36 PM »

I ended my evening with two hours of '24' tonight. Much more involving than the first two hours last night, and once again, the show has me holding on tight for a wild ride.

Matt H.

« Reply #188 on: January 18, 2010, 07:35:06 PM »

Tomorrow I begin (at least) three days of working on the Criterion box set of ROSSELLINI'S WAR FILMS. It begins with the famous ROME: OPEN CITY which I haven't seen since I took a film theory class in graduate school (1973).

There are a bunch of bonus features with it, too (as well as a commentary), so I'll be working on it in the afternoon and into the evening, no doubt.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: January 18, 2010, 07:36:51 PM »

I think I'll go get a snack and then put the motor car in the garage.  I made muse Margaret's fixes, and wrote another page, and then smoothed out some stuff.  I think I did sixteen pages in total.  Whew!

Cillaliz

« Reply #190 on: January 18, 2010, 07:38:02 PM »

Sanjay Gupta is my hero

Matt H.

« Reply #191 on: January 18, 2010, 07:51:21 PM »

I was up very late last night, so I'm going to head downstairs to bed a little earlier than usual.

Good night!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #192 on: January 18, 2010, 08:06:26 PM »

Just caught up.  Been a slow-ish day.  Had a meeting in the morning, but hung out at home the rest of the day.  There is a "Golden Girls" marathon on Hallmark channel which has been on most of the day.  Other than that, it's been rather dull.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #193 on: January 18, 2010, 08:11:47 PM »

Well, yesterday certainly was a day...what with the opera that I went to and catching up on all the Golden Globe posts after not watching any of the Golden Globes.  I'll speed through the rebroadcast on Friday.

Today (in the morning, of course), my mom is coming over to my house!  She wants to "help" me clean up my house. :o Yes, it needs to be cleaned, but I don't really want my mom to help me, but since I'm not really doing it myself, she's going to make me let her help me...if that makes sense.

Pray for Rosemarie's baby...me.  Because my mom's name is Rosemarie. ;)

Hello.  My name is George and I am a procrastinator.  (Hello, George.)

Well, I won't go into details, but my living room and kitchen are now very, very clean.  My mom came over at about 10 am and directed the cleaning...she's very good at it.  I, obviously, didn't get the cleaning gene.  I got the procrastination gene.  We broke for lunch at around 1:15 (for about an hour) and everything was done by 5:30.  My sister and niece came over at that time (just to see it all clean and tidy) and they were impressed.  I didn't have any trouble "letting go" of stuff.  It was just that I didn't keep it clean and clutter-free.  Now all I have to do is not let it get messy...again!  My mom said that the family will come over in a couple of weeks for dinner AND to make sure that I kept it clean.  Eventually, the plan is to work on my TV room upstairs (where I am now), but I need to put up some shelves before my mom comes back to work here.  We'll see how it goes.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #194 on: January 18, 2010, 08:18:26 PM »

It is really raining now.  Pouring.  So much so that I'm sitting here writing away and the power just goes out - only for the computer and what's on that circuit.  IN THE MIDDLE OF WRITING.  Thank heaven I save every few seconds, but I lost two paragraphs - really annoying.  They weren't hard to redo, but the redo is not quite as smooth so I'll go back to it later.  The power only was out for about five seconds, but that's all it takes.

Last night, there was a BIG wind storm in the area, and it was loud!  The power went off at my sister's house for only about a minute and I didn't lose power, but today around the condo complex, I noticed quite a few cedar shingles missing from some of the roofs that still have the cedar shingles.  And tree branches are everywhere. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #195 on: January 18, 2010, 08:29:24 PM »

Still more surgery vibes for DerBrucer.

~~~Even MORE Surgery Vibes for Der Brucer!!~~~

George

« Reply #196 on: January 18, 2010, 08:39:09 PM »

Well, I won't go into details, but my living room and kitchen are now very, very clean.  My mom came over at about 10 am and directed the cleaning...she's very good at it.  I, obviously, didn't get the cleaning gene.  I got the procrastination gene.  We broke for lunch at around 1:15 (for about an hour) and everything was done by 5:30.  My sister and niece came over at that time (just to see it all clean and tidy) and they were impressed.  I didn't have any trouble "letting go" of stuff.... 

My mom watches "Hoarders" and thinks that I will end up with dead cat carcasses in my house. ::)

George

« Reply #197 on: January 18, 2010, 08:48:05 PM »

TOD:

Lite Brite, Spirograph, a Barbie doll and an Easy-Bake oven  (I had to borrow the the Barbie dolls and Easy Bake Oven from the girls in the neighborhood.)

We used to have a Spirograph!  I loved that. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #198 on: January 18, 2010, 08:49:56 PM »

I had a spirograph, lots of Barbie dolls and an Easy Bake Oven.  I was terribly jealous of my friends who had Lite Brights.

Cillaliz

« Reply #199 on: January 18, 2010, 08:51:32 PM »

Time for sleep.  I'm trying to take a more relaxed attitude into this week.  Still working, just trying not to stress so much.  It worked well today, I'm hoping it carries over to tomorrow

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #200 on: January 18, 2010, 09:19:21 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm watching "Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations"... And now I want to go to Istanbul... And eat lots of "meat on a stick".  Lots of it.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #201 on: January 18, 2010, 09:20:20 PM »

I made lots of cakes in my Easy Bake Oven.  Then there were the creepy crawlers and the edible creepy crawlers.  I'm more surprised we didn't burn our hands off

Creepy crawlers!!!   How could I have forgotten all about those?  I loved making those!  They were so disgusting.  They would never let a little kid play with those things today.   Could you just imagine the recalls and lawsuits?

And what about Shrinky Dinks!!!  -I think those were the primary "reason" for having a toaster oven when I was a kid.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #202 on: January 18, 2010, 09:21:14 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLES E. POGUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #203 on: January 18, 2010, 09:23:25 PM »

Dear Matt, glad all is right with the world.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #204 on: January 18, 2010, 09:24:24 PM »

I wonder how many of the guys in this scene have been interviewed by DR MBarnum?

"Sextette" - A Visit to the Gym

I have interviewed one of them, and I've known a couple of the others.

Ah! I guess that explains the trampoline in your backyard. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #205 on: January 18, 2010, 09:28:04 PM »

I made the big mistake of going out to get a sandwich.  First of all, this is the hardest rainfall we've had in five years.  Second of all, drivers are INSANE in the rain.  Third of all, the streets are a mess, completely flooded.  As I've said many times, there isn't a day that goes by when streets aren't closed and everyone is inconvenienced, but the one thing these oafs who do the work have NEVER done is fix the drainage system in the Valley.  It's outrageous.  Fourth of all, I went to Jerry's Deli.  At NOON.  NOON.  The parking lot was completely full.  I had to wait ten minutes to get seated.  At NOON.  Why?  Well, it's Martin Luther King day and apparently that means that the entire population of Studio City has to go to Jerry's Deli at NOON.  In the pouring rain.  And the bowling alley that's attached to Jerry's was jammed, as well.  Jerry's is not exactly McDonald's, price-wise, so the fact that these families of six people are sitting there stuffing their faces and their checks will be close to $100 - well, it's madness.  The signals are out everywhere in the Valley.  At some point I need to go pick up the big box of boxes that's waiting for me, so I'm hoping the rain abates at some point.  And Cason is coming tomorrow instead of today, and tomorrow's session with the long musical is now pushed to whenever I have time to do it.

Isn't NOON the traditional time for lunch?  Just sayin'...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #206 on: January 18, 2010, 09:29:31 PM »

Thanks to everyone at Haines for yesterday's wishes; you make me feel good all under.  I thought of you opening gifts when I spotted Edisaurus' name on a Johnny Mercer album (!)

I had a lovely day, an open house, where talented singers stopped by, proffered a song or two, and cleared out before the tiny apartment ran out of places to sit; then the next batch arrived.  The big challenge was when we couldn't find the music to I've Been Here Before/It's Never That Easy so I had to play it by ear, in A-flat minor (that's seven flats).  More fun was a major cabaret singer's impromptu rendition of Love Life; she claimed never to have sung it before.

I prefer it in G-sharp minor.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #207 on: January 18, 2010, 09:31:40 PM »

Thanks to everyone at Haines for yesterday's wishes; you make me feel good all under.  I thought of you opening gifts when I spotted Edisaurus' name on a Johnny Mercer album (!)

I had a lovely day, an open house, where talented singers stopped by, proffered a song or two, and cleared out before the tiny apartment ran out of places to sit; then the next batch arrived.  The big challenge was when we couldn't find the music to I've Been Here Before/It's Never That Easy so I had to play it by ear, in A-flat minor (that's seven flats).  More fun was a major cabaret singer's impromptu rendition of Love Life; she claimed never to have sung it before.

To top off the day, I learned that another song of mine's being done in London.  I've had songs in many a cabaret show there over the past 16 months, and a whole show hit the British boards in November.

Meanwhile, I'm rewriting Such Good Friends - probably the third or fourth new draft since NYMF, and starting on a new show that's a radical departure from everything I've done before (no piano, for one thing).

Howdy, DR Noel!  Long time, no see...

NO PIANO, FOR ONE THING would make a good title...

Or if you take out the comma...

NO PIANO FOR ONE THING
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #208 on: January 18, 2010, 09:35:39 PM »

I made the big mistake of going out to get a sandwich.  First of all, this is the hardest rainfall we've had in five years.  Second of all, drivers are INSANE in the rain.  Third of all, the streets are a mess, completely flooded.  As I've said many times, there isn't a day that goes by when streets aren't closed and everyone is inconvenienced, but the one thing these oafs who do the work have NEVER done is fix the drainage system in the Valley.  It's outrageous.  Fourth of all, I went to Jerry's Deli.  At NOON.  NOON.  The parking lot was completely full.  I had to wait ten minutes to get seated.  At NOON.  Why?  Well, it's Martin Luther King day and apparently that means that the entire population of Studio City has to go to Jerry's Deli at NOON.  In the pouring rain.  And the bowling alley that's attached to Jerry's was jammed, as well.  Jerry's is not exactly McDonald's, price-wise, so the fact that these families of six people are sitting there stuffing their faces and their checks will be close to $100 - well, it's madness.  The signals are out everywhere in the Valley.  At some point I need to go pick up the big box of boxes that's waiting for me, so I'm hoping the rain abates at some point.  And Cason is coming tomorrow instead of today, and tomorrow's session with the long musical is now pushed to whenever I have time to do it.

Isn't NOON the traditional time for lunch?  Just sayin'...

Um, maybe where you live, but not in LA.  The normal weekday lunch time is one, as a matter of fact.  Some do 12:30, but one is ALWAYS safe at noon.  Except today.  I can walk into Jerry's or Hugo's or anywhere else any day of the week at noon and get seated instantly.

Sam

« Reply #209 on: January 18, 2010, 09:38:52 PM »

VIBES FOR EVERYONE.  ;) ;)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up