Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL  (Read 48548 times)

Cillaliz

Re: HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL
« Reply #180 on: January 29, 2010, 07:47:00 PM »

CONGRATS DR GINNY!!!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #181 on: January 29, 2010, 07:48:17 PM »

My goodness, DR Edi, you have really been the travelling lady over the past month or so! Hope you have a great time in LA.

Having a great time and we're both picking up work, too. Don't know if we'll take these on because they are both long projects, but it's nice to be wanted!

Hope you have a good cat sitter!  I'm sure you do, but I had to say it...I've been thinking of them as you travel.

Cillaliz

« Reply #182 on: January 29, 2010, 07:48:54 PM »

Cilla - Our thoughts are with you, as I'm sure you already know.

Thanks FJL. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #183 on: January 29, 2010, 07:51:01 PM »

I reconnected a few days agowith an old law school classmate.  we had written a song together back in law school days, and I'd had the old tape converted to mp3, but tracked him down (not hard to do) to make sure he hadn't given his lyric to someone else to set over the years.

We talked over whether the super-simple "demo" was Ok to put on YouTube and I got the sense that he thought what we had was OK, just put it on there, but explain what it was - just a slightly, scratchy old piano recording.

So here is a silly but sweet song in time for Valentine's day, the only song where I've ever set someone else's lyric, called IS IT MUSHY TO SAY I LOVE YOU?  It's just an audio, no video, but the lyrics are in the "more info" section at the right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3lgqDTsFuU

I like it. Scratchy demo and all

Cillaliz

« Reply #184 on: January 29, 2010, 07:55:28 PM »

Tonight’s full moon, AKA wolf moon, will appear 30 percent brighter and 14 percent larger than any other full moon this year, because our cosmic neighbor will actually be closer to Earth than usual.  And in a remarkable coincidence, Mars is at opposition tonight—directly opposite to the sun in the sky—so that as the sun sets in the southwest, Mars rises in the northeast.

I was doing errands after work and the moon was BEAUTIFUL!!  I didn't know it was called a wolf moon, but I can see why

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #185 on: January 29, 2010, 07:57:54 PM »

Tonight’s full moon, AKA wolf moon, will appear 30 percent brighter and 14 percent larger than any other full moon this year, because our cosmic neighbor will actually be closer to Earth than usual.  And in a remarkable coincidence, Mars is at opposition tonight—directly opposite to the sun in the sky—so that as the sun sets in the southwest, Mars rises in the northeast.

I was doing errands after work and the moon was BEAUTIFUL!!  I didn't know it was called a wolf moon, but I can see why

I always called those a witch's moon because I could envision a witch on a broomstick riding across it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #186 on: January 29, 2010, 07:57:58 PM »

Just finished my taxes, and as usual half of my federal refund goes to the state of Indiana. 
I don't understand it.....but then again.....no one is taxed more because of his or her sex, no one is taxed more because of his or her race, no one is taxed more because of his age BUT we ARE taxed MORE because we are SINGLE. 

Unfair.

Boy do I agree with that.  And if you are single and childless you use fewer government services so why should you pay more?

Matt H.

« Reply #187 on: January 29, 2010, 07:58:34 PM »

Now, I'm going to close up shop here and head downstairs to bed. I'm very tired.

Good night!

Matt H.

« Reply #188 on: January 29, 2010, 08:00:46 PM »

Just finished my taxes, and as usual half of my federal refund goes to the state of Indiana. 
I don't understand it.....but then again.....no one is taxed more because of his or her sex, no one is taxed more because of his or her race, no one is taxed more because of his age BUT we ARE taxed MORE because we are SINGLE. 

Unfair.

Boy do I agree with that.  And if you are single and childless you use fewer government services so why should you pay more?

Count me in on that, too! I've always thought it was unfair.

Another thing that doesn't seem logical to me: having to declare your refunds as additional income for the next year. I've already paid tax on that money. It seems like a never-ending cycle.

Matt H.

« Reply #189 on: January 29, 2010, 08:01:05 PM »

And now I'm REALLY going!

;D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #190 on: January 29, 2010, 08:04:53 PM »

Unfair.

Count me in on that, too! I've always thought it was unfair.

Another thing that doesn't seem logical to me: having to declare your refunds as additional income for the next year. I've already paid tax on that money. It seems like a never-ending cycle.

What?? ??? I've never heard about this!  Is it a state income tax thing or federal?  Washington State does not have a state income tax.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #191 on: January 29, 2010, 08:12:29 PM »

I just ordered the Futurama Complete Collection from Amazon.  They have it now for only $8 more than what Costco was offering it for before Christmas ($99.98) and when it was still available at Costco, it cost about $150 on Amazon, so it's a great price now...and since I just got paid, I'm gettin' it. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #192 on: January 29, 2010, 08:14:20 PM »

And now, it's time for me to leave work and go home. 

Until later!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: January 29, 2010, 08:16:09 PM »

Finished a motion picture and I think I'll go to Gelson's in search of a sweet.

Cillaliz

« Reply #194 on: January 29, 2010, 08:35:21 PM »

Think I'll call it a night. I have a very busy weekend of cleaning, decorating, buying the supplies for the open house and relaxing at some point.   It will be a good week. I have had a lot of new clients coming in, so once the open house is over and my friends leave from their over night visit, I'll have a clean house and a fully decorated office.  I can then just sit down and work.  Sounds great to me

Cillaliz

« Reply #195 on: January 29, 2010, 08:35:41 PM »

Vibes to all who need them ~~~~~~~~~

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #196 on: January 29, 2010, 08:38:57 PM »

All caught up

FJL

« Reply #197 on: January 29, 2010, 08:47:59 PM »

Thanks, Cilla!

FJL

« Reply #198 on: January 29, 2010, 08:52:03 PM »

OUR DEAR NEIGHBOR GEORGA OSBORNE AS MRS. MILLER

Here's a clip of our dear neighbor Georga Osborne doing her hilarious Mrs. Miller routine.  As BK knows from working with her on the Last Starfighter readings in 2006, Georga is terrific singer, but here she's playing a terrible singer called Mrs. Miller and it is pee-in-your-pants funny (to steal a term from a seminar i went to last weekend)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ASbBqQl6WQ

If you like it, please comment and rate it - Georga is a delight, as BK can attest from having worked with her in the 2006 readings!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: January 29, 2010, 10:26:01 PM »

Love Georgia! 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: January 29, 2010, 10:26:11 PM »

Wrote another couple of pages.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: January 29, 2010, 10:26:24 PM »

I think I'll take a hot shower.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #202 on: January 29, 2010, 11:23:40 PM »

DR Elmore - thanks for the DC hotel recommendation, but the location won't work.  I need to be near the designated convention hotels in order to be able to use the shuttle busses that are provided to conference attendees.  The one exception to that, for me, would be the Marriott in Crystal City, which is on the Metro line that goes to the convention center and has direct acccess to the CC Metro station (I like that for security).  I just can't get past their $12/day charge for internet access.

DR Ginny - Most Marriott properties will waive the internet access fee if you become a member of their Marriott Rewards programs - which is free to join.  Something to ask about.

*Or I could just get one of the codes from my friend, Mike, who is a Marriott manager in Richmond. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #203 on: January 29, 2010, 11:27:37 PM »

Good Evening!

The cabaret was good.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #204 on: January 29, 2010, 11:27:45 PM »

It's cold outside.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #205 on: January 29, 2010, 11:27:57 PM »

We are not getting snow here in NYC this weekend.

:(
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #206 on: January 29, 2010, 11:28:18 PM »

Yes, that FULL MOON is quite beautiful tonight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #207 on: January 29, 2010, 11:29:21 PM »

Welcome Home, DR elmore.

*Wasn't there a recording of Victor Herbert's "Complete"(?) music for Cello on Naxos?  -Maybe not.  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #208 on: January 29, 2010, 11:47:56 PM »

Oh... And I'm supposed to meet some friends who are in town this weekend for brunch in a couple of hours, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up