Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL  (Read 48662 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2010, 01:12:21 PM »

matt h, i read Disney will continue the miramax brand.  i really meant to ask to what extent will your work be affecting.  you review so much it seems losing miramax would make a small dent in your viewing.

We agree on HUMAN TARGET & WHITE COLLAR.  I haven’t washed BONES yet.  Keith finally gave up on the show & of course I thought last week’s episode was the first good one in a long, long time.

Well, it's true I review a lot of product, but a dent is a dent.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2010, 01:12:31 PM »

Page FOur Dance!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2010, 01:12:35 PM »

I forgot to mention that I was very happy about the PWOJECT WUNWAY results last night....I hate team challenges - but I guess we need them now and then. 

I agreed with the judges on the lowest scores....but might have gone in a slightly different direction for the winner....but then we saw the workroom antics....and maybe they didn't....even with producer input.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2010, 01:13:09 PM »

Goodbye, Miramax, Goodbye Pasadena Playhouse, Goodbye Grover's Corner!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2010, 01:14:39 PM »

I got my Universal DVD-Rs today, too, but I have my heart set on watching THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM on HD-DVD tonight to see if I need to get the Blu-ray instead. The first two I upgraded because the audio was decidedly better on the Blu-rays as opposed to the HD-DVDs. ULTIMATUM has a Dolby TrueHD track on the HD-DVD, and I just can't remember how effective it is.

Matt H.

« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2010, 01:16:38 PM »

I forgot to mention that I was very happy about the PWOJECT WUNWAY results last night....I hate team challenges - but I guess we need them now and then. 

I haven't watched it yet. (It's the last show remaining on my DVR that I haven't gotten to). I also hate team challenges. I always find them completely unfair and the results generally infuriating. So, I may or may not get to it tonight. Depends on what kind of time I have left before I start watching GHOST WHISPERER.

Matt H.

« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2010, 01:18:09 PM »

I began my viewing with last night's THE MENTALIST rerun. This was the one with Patrick put in jail and managing to manipulate the situation to his advantage as usual. I love these kinds of scenes with him. The mystery wasn't the greatest, and the murderer easy to spot.

Matt H.

« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2010, 01:21:25 PM »

Then I watched WHIP IT on Blu-ray. Drew Barrymore's direction is the best thing about the movie (and Ellen Page is certainly fine in the leading role). The script is really second-rate, however. An almost complete lack of character development (and there are interesting characters there who, if investigated more thoroughly, would have made for a really fine movie.)

But Drew does well with the roller derby scenes, an underwater love scene, a couple of good moments between Page and her father and Page and her friend on the squad. If only there had been a better script for her to direct.

Matt H.

« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2010, 01:22:20 PM »

The bonus features were really skimpy: nine deleted scenes, a three-minute conversation with the screenwriter about how she got the idea for the script, and a 30-second promo for the soundtrack to the film.

That's it!

Ginny

« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2010, 01:23:04 PM »

Thanks, DRs Jose and George!  Even though I've been given the "green light" to move about, I'm going to take it somewhat easy through the weekend.

And thanks, too, Jose for the hotel info about DC.  We have a Kimpton connection that I may try to tap.

Don't fritter away this golden opportunity to be waited on hand and foot (and leg).  ;)

DR JMK, my DH Richard has been doing that all week and has agreed that I should take it pretty easy through the weekend.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2010, 01:23:38 PM »

So, I went back to the DVR and watched this week's BURN NOTICE. A great caper for Michael and the squad and an interesting and charming new adversary for Michael in the usual burned spy story arc. An excellent episode.

Ginny

« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2010, 01:24:50 PM »

Thank you, DRs Laura and JRand!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2010, 01:26:06 PM »

I ended my afternoon skimming through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. The boys were on, and the break-up between Luke and Noah is now official since it's the only way the doctor will operate on Noah. (A long time coming, if you ask me.) Anyway, the pill doc is going to room with a townsperson because hotel's are unsanitary? Such pathetic writing on the show.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2010, 01:26:08 PM »

My goodness, DR Edi, you have really been the travelling lady over the past month or so! Hope you have a great time in LA.

Having a great time and we're both picking up work, too. Don't know if we'll take these on because they are both long projects, but it's nice to be wanted!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2010, 01:30:12 PM »

My goodness, DR Edi, you have really been the travelling lady over the past month or so! Hope you have a great time in LA.

Having a great time and we're both picking up work, too. Don't know if we'll take these on because they are both long projects, but it's nice to be wanted!

That's really great!

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2010, 01:33:23 PM »

Just saw the ratings for last night.

Against weak competition, BONES had its highest ratings in three years and was the night's highest rated show.

That Jeff Probst show at 8 p.m. on CBS was a total bust earning the lowest ratings in that slot in many, many years. Looks like that's a pilot that will not be going to series. THE MENTALIST rerun was CBS' only bright spot on the night winning the timeslot with a rerun episode and ranking as the second highest rated show of the evening.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2010, 01:47:39 PM »

DR edisaurus - I forget, how long are you scheduled(?) to stay out in L.A. this time round?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2010, 01:50:54 PM »

And now...

Time to run a few errands, then dinner, then to the Gershwin Hotel for tonight's cabaret performance by Keith Jameson presented by my friend, Jennifer, with operamission.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2010, 01:59:04 PM »

It is snowing as I type this.

Matt H.

« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2010, 02:00:03 PM »

I had to turn the light on in my office since it's so dark gray outside, but the snow is very, very lovely right now. (It isn't sticking, and it's a light snow.)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 02:01:36 PM by Matt H. »

FJL

« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2010, 02:02:04 PM »

Internet has been working all day today - many thanks for the vibes.

Matt H.

« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2010, 02:02:07 PM »

Now I must hop off-line and get some writing done. Then it's back downstairs for more viewing.

WBBL.

FJL

« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2010, 02:02:42 PM »

Must catch up.

Vibes to JMK.  I know what a kidney stone is like - oy!

FJL

« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2010, 02:03:21 PM »

Cilla - Our thoughts are with you, as I'm sure you already know.

FJL

« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2010, 02:03:57 PM »

Ginny - What great news!

Ginny

« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2010, 02:05:51 PM »

Thanks, DR FJL - hope the internet behaves for you!

FJL

« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2010, 02:11:02 PM »

I reconnected a few days agowith an old law school classmate.  we had written a song together back in law school days, and I'd had the old tape converted to mp3, but tracked him down (not hard to do) to make sure he hadn't given his lyric to someone else to set over the years.

We talked over whether the super-simple "demo" was Ok to put on YouTube and I got the sense that he thought what we had was OK, just put it on there, but explain what it was - just a slightly, scratchy old piano recording.

So here is a silly but sweet song in time for Valentine's day, the only song where I've ever set someone else's lyric, called IS IT MUSHY TO SAY I LOVE YOU?  It's just an audio, no video, but the lyrics are in the "more info" section at the right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3lgqDTsFuU

FJL

« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2010, 02:16:41 PM »

Jane - I was very careful so that at any time, I'd never lose more than five minutes of work.  And when I felt the internet slipping away, I'd process more often.

And those of you who know most CPA's charge most clients by the hour might be wondering , so no, I didn't charge the client for the extra time that wasn;t their "fault."  :)

FJL

« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2010, 02:24:42 PM »

Jrand - Gonzalez, of course, did the disco cover of "Ain't No Way To treat A lady" written by one of my very favorite new internet friends. and from whom I took a wonderful writing course in 2009, Harriet Schock.

Here's Gonzalez doing Harriet's song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyQgD8co7jY

I met Harriet by phone initially, mainly decided to call her as a result of some nice comments she made about liking the way her music was used in that AIG/Helen Reddy parody mix.

FJL

« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2010, 02:26:57 PM »

And here's Miss Vikki Carr singing Harriet's Top Five song "Ain't No Way To Treat A Lady" (it was #3 for Helen reddy in the 1970's)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHkAEEcTn_I

A little different than the Gonzalez version
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up