Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WEATHER REPORT  (Read 14019 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: THE WEATHER REPORT
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2010, 06:45:47 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And so are numbers 1-260.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2010, 06:46:23 AM »

PAGE TWO MOVER'S COMBINATION DANCE!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2010, 06:46:53 AM »

And as numbers 1-40 enter the room...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2010, 06:54:52 AM »

Good morning!

Brisk, cold morning (29) but the walk went well. I am glad I get a break tomorrow (always take Friday off to give the bones and joints a rest), we weren't going to get some warmer weather soon which should make the walks less tiring since I won't have to wear a heavy (or light) jacket very soon.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2010, 06:57:31 AM »

Thank you, bk, for the nice words about my work at HTF. I really try awfully hard to tell it like I see it. I haven't read the review in question (been so busy with my own stuff) but I will now seek it out.

Harry Hamlin is to die for in the movie, but that mechanical owl I have always hated. Always thought it looked cheap and had no place in a mythological story.

I don't have the Blu-ray. I haven't watched the DVD I have in a long, long time. I agree that the movie is too long and is ploddingly dircted.

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2010, 06:59:13 AM »

TOD:

Didn't Ray Harryhausen have something to do with the stop motion in MIGHTY JOE YOUNG? That, along with JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS, is my favorite. I can't claim to have seen all of his movies. SOme day, I hope to rectify that situation.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2010, 06:59:42 AM »

This is a true story about a recent wedding that took place at  Clemson University  .

It was in the local newspaper and even Jay Leno mentioned it.

It was a huge wedding with about 300 guests.

After the wedding, at the reception, the groom got up on stage with a microphone to talk to the crowd.  He said he wanted to thank  everyone for coming, many from long distances, to support them
at their wedding.

He especially wanted to thank the bride's and his family and to thank his new father-in-law for providing such a lavish reception.

As a token of his deep appreciation he said he wanted to give everyone a special gift just from him.

So taped to the bottom of everyone's chair, including the wedding party was an envelope.  He said this was his gift to everyone, and asked them to open their envelope.

Inside each manila envelope was an 8x10 glossy of his bride having sex with the best man.

The groom had gotten suspicious of them weeks earlier and had hired a private detective to tail them.

After just standing there, just watching the guests' reactions for a couple of minutes, he turned to the best man and said, "F---you!" Then he turned to his bride and said, "F--- you!"

Then he turned to the dumbfounded crowd and said, "I'm outta here."

He had the marriage annulled first thing in the morning.

While most people would have canceled the wedding immediately after finding out about the affair, this
guy goes through with the charade, as if nothing were wrong.

His revenge--making the bride's parents pay over $32,000 for a 300-guest wedding and reception, and best of all, trashing the bride's and best man's reputations in front of 300 friends and family members.

This guy has balls the size of church bells.

You can dream…or you can do.

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2010, 07:00:06 AM »

It's back to MATT HOUSTON today so I can see how many of the remaining 8 episodes I can watch. I would dearly love to be finished with it today so I could devote tomorrow to THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG on Blu-ray.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2010, 07:02:12 AM »

I had not heard that story about the groom and his retalliation to his bride's cheating. I have to say I admire that kind of pluck.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2010, 07:03:50 AM »

Like BK and others, I find CLASH OF THE TITANS tired Harryhausen and a weak entry.  First of all, in the wake of STAR WARS, they try and emulate that with that mechanical owl being R2D2.  And I hate where one character when he speaks is an actor in make-up; but when he doesn,'t he becomes stop animation. If you can make an actor up to look like the character then you don't need stop animation.  It also just seemed like the movie effects were passing Harryhausen by at that point.

My favourite Harryhausen are THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD with the dishy Caroline Munro and JASON & THE ARGONAUTS.  My favourite Harryhausen character would either be the skeletons in JASON or multi-armed Kali.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 08:36:48 AM by Charles Pogue »

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2010, 07:04:49 AM »

Lots of shows are back with new episodes tonight (including CBS' entire line-up including a new MENTALIST (yay!) and NBC's expanded THE OFFICE due to the birth of Jim and Pam's baby).

But not everything is new. The CW's shows are still in reruns so no new SUPERNATURAL tonight.

In fact, the only shows I have to watch in the first two hours of prime-time are GREY'S ANATOMY and THE OFFICE, and I can record both and not have to watch GREY'S "live."

This may give me the chance to get MATT HOUSTON finished tonight if I work steadily.

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2010, 07:26:47 AM »

I'm going out to lunch with friends today, so I need to head down now and get cleaned up. I might have time to watch a MATT HOUSTON episode before lunch, too.

WBBL.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2010, 07:53:13 AM »

Yes, I was also disappointed in "Clash of the Titans" when I saw it in its theatrical run.  With that cast, you'd think something special would happen.  It never does, though.   I, too, have never been fond of Rosenthal's score.   Someone once told me that Miklos Rozsa had been asked to score it.  Whether he was too busy at the time, or whether he thought the prospect loathsome, I cannot say.  And, of course, it's only "hearsay."

To be fair, however, it seems this film's appeal is based upon one's own tastes/experiences when first viewed.   Another DVD critic I know thinks the film is old-fashioned, romantic and sweeping...attributes I admittedly cannot bring myself to consider when thinking of it.  I think it was, at release, outdated, plodding and underproduced for a "spectacle." 

I know I have films that are guilty pleasures and I unreservedly recommend them to all.  The reactions of others to my perceptions is something else, entirely.

The Blu-ray is probably a great buy for anyone who truly loves the film.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 01:26:22 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

FJL

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2010, 07:53:26 AM »

Well, it's a fine story.  And it would have been fine had the $32,000 been spent by the bride herself. 

But I hope there are some grounds for him to be sued for fraud by the bride's parents, who are innocent in all of this.  He knowingly allowed them to spend the money when he knew what he was planning to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2010, 07:56:54 AM »

Well, it's a fine story.  And it would have been fine had the $32,000 been spent by the bride herself. 

But I hope there are some grounds for him to be sued for fraud by the bride's parents, who are innocent in all of this.  He knowingly allowed them to spend the money when he knew what he was planning to do.

According to UrbanLegends, this story is made up:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/sex/a/mastercard_wed.htm
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 07:59:59 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

FJL

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2010, 08:03:30 AM »

Oh, that's different, never mind.  :)

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2010, 08:38:06 AM »

Yes, I was also disappointed in "Clash of the Titans" when I saw it in its theatrical run.  With that cast, you'd think something special would happen.  It never does, though.   I, too, have never been fond of Rosenthal's score.   Someone once told me that Miklos Rozsa had been asked to score it.  Whether he was too busy at the time, or whether he thought the prospect loathsome, I cannot say.  And, of course, it's only "hearsay."

Rozsa would have been my choice (but then he always is); his score for Golden Voyage of Sinbad is excellent.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2010, 09:03:43 AM »

This is a true story about a recent wedding that took place at  Clemson University  .

It was in the local newspaper and even Jay Leno mentioned it.

It was a huge wedding with about 300 guests.

After the wedding, at the reception, the groom got up on stage with a microphone to talk to the crowd.  He said he wanted to thank  everyone for coming, many from long distances, to support them
at their wedding.

He especially wanted to thank the bride's and his family and to thank his new father-in-law for providing such a lavish reception.

As a token of his deep appreciation he said he wanted to give everyone a special gift just from him.

So taped to the bottom of everyone's chair, including the wedding party was an envelope.  He said this was his gift to everyone, and asked them to open their envelope.

Inside each manila envelope was an 8x10 glossy of his bride having sex with the best man.

The groom had gotten suspicious of them weeks earlier and had hired a private detective to tail them.

After just standing there, just watching the guests' reactions for a couple of minutes, he turned to the best man and said, "F---you!" Then he turned to his bride and said, "F--- you!"

Then he turned to the dumbfounded crowd and said, "I'm outta here."

He had the marriage annulled first thing in the morning.

While most people would have canceled the wedding immediately after finding out about the affair, this
guy goes through with the charade, as if nothing were wrong.

His revenge--making the bride's parents pay over $32,000 for a 300-guest wedding and reception, and best of all, trashing the bride's and best man's reputations in front of 300 friends and family members.

This guy has balls the size of church bells.

That's as good a revenge as THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO!

Greetings from Toyland!  I saw the doctore and got the results of my blood tests: no rheumatoid problems, great blood pressure - I'm still puzzled over that one! - and pulse, bad cholesterol, deficiencies in vitamin B12 and D. Time to call my primary care giver and get things back in line.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2010, 09:06:11 AM »

I suppose he could always fight back by saying their daughter could have cancelled the wedding once she began the affair behind his back.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2010, 09:23:42 AM »

Oh Lexington! That's down in DR CP's stomping grounds.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2010, 09:24:31 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  I was awakened at three in the morning by the ringing of the telephonic device, a call, according to the phone voice that tells me who is calling, from Maryland.  When I got up this morning I dialed the number in Maryland and got a voice telling me the time.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2010, 09:24:49 AM »

If it happens again I will block the number.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2010, 09:25:19 AM »

TOD:

Jason and the Argonauts

EARTH vs the Flying Saucers - "People of earth, attention.  People of earth, attention!"  And those aliens were terrific looking!  Harryhausen's flying suzcers were great, too!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2010, 09:41:27 AM »

TOD:

Jason and the Argonauts

Concur.  I do admire "The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad", but "Jason and the Argonauts" is a better film, IMO, and represents Harryhausen's finest work.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2010, 09:43:33 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  I was awakened at three in the morning by the ringing of the telephonic device, a call, according to the phone voice that tells me who is calling, from Maryland.  When I got up this morning I dialed the number in Maryland and got a voice telling me the time.

How odd.   There might be an inspiration there for a gothic tale....one never knows.

Something entitled, perhaps, "Time Doesn't Tell"...?

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2010, 09:48:34 AM »

I'm so behind, I neglected to order the new Kritzerland release.  Thank goodness I made it in time!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2010, 09:56:28 AM »

This person Jesse21 who posts his "reviews" as if he were a professional reviewer over on All That Chat, does a review round-up the day following.  And here's what this oaf does - if he liked the show, then he lists all the positive reviews first.  If he didn't like the show, then he puts all the mixed and negative reviews into one big category and lists those first, thereby making it seem like he is never wrong.  Why the owners of that board don't stop what he's doing is anyone's guess.  They have their own critic, and whatever one may think of him, he is their official critic - not that it takes much to be one over there - they simply ask who has some time on their hands and wants to see free shows and voila - a critic is born.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2010, 10:08:45 AM »

Congrats to DR JANE on her posting plateau....what was it...28,000?

Yes, thank you.

Jane

« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2010, 10:13:42 AM »

DR Jane re: facebook

I agree with DR George that you should not put it as spam. Since she is a real person. But i would tell your friend to change her privacy settings so that this person cannot see her friends list.  I'm assuming this person is not one of your friends "friends". Cause obviously if she is on her list then your friend should de-friend her.

My friend never friended this person.  The person has used false names in attempts to get friended.  My friend is public for her charity group.  My friend isn't the only one having problems with this person & other groups have blocked her from commenting on their websites.

Jane

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2010, 10:16:49 AM »

My first reaction as well.  Aside from the money, what about the emotional grief to the parents!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up