Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WEATHER REPORT  (Read 14020 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re: THE WEATHER REPORT
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2010, 10:23:53 AM »

This person Jesse21 who posts his "reviews" as if he were a professional reviewer over on All That Chat, does a review round-up the day following.  And here's what this oaf does - if he liked the show, then he lists all the positive reviews first.  If he didn't like the show, then he puts all the mixed and negative reviews into one big category and lists those first, thereby making it seem like he is never wrong.  Why the owners of that board don't stop what he's doing is anyone's guess.  They have their own critic, and whatever one may think of him, he is their official critic - not that it takes much to be one over there - they simply ask who has some time on their hands and wants to see free shows and voila - a critic is born.

That was like the practice of the repulsive Steven Newport on r.a.t.m., who would post only snippets of reviews (or articles) that would give them impression that the entire written work supported his views.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2010, 10:24:53 AM »

Well, it's a fine story.  And it would have been fine had the $32,000 been spent by the bride herself. 

But I hope there are some grounds for him to be sued for fraud by the bride's parents, who are innocent in all of this.  He knowingly allowed them to spend the money when he knew what he was planning to do.

My first reaction as well.  Aside from the money, what about the emotional grief to the parents!

As I said earlier, it's their daughter who screwed up, literally and figuratively, and they should direct their anger/guilt at her.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2010, 10:26:07 AM »

At this point I would be more angry at the groom, and very glad he wasn't my son-in-law.

Jane

« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2010, 10:27:16 AM »

DR DAKOTA, VIBES TO YOUR MUM, MAY SHE BE CANCER FREE & RECOVER QUICKLY!!

VIBES YOU DON'T KILL YOUR SISTER!

Jane

« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2010, 10:28:05 AM »

George, I couldn’t find a way to un-ignore ;)

Thanks for the tip Jose.  In this case I will not write her.  I will however write a couple of others I haven’t responded to, without making it official.  I have one request I worry about.  It is the friend of a friend of a friend.  I was shocked when I saw her request, and photo.  She is a lovely young teenage girl.  I don’t know why she invited me & don’t think she should be doing something like that.  I think I’ll write the mutual friend first & ask about her.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2010, 10:34:50 AM »

In honor of former DR Panni/Anna's birthday, if you haven't seen this Hallmark Hall of Fame movie I highly recommend it. 
                   Happy birthday to the writer!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2010, 11:04:26 AM »

And the word of the day is: ERUCTATION!

And The Song Of The Day Is: I THINK I GOT YOU BEAT

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2010, 11:04:34 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Lunch!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2010, 11:04:57 AM »

So far, so good.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2010, 11:06:33 AM »

When Harry Hamlin washes up on the beach in "Clash of the Titans", well... That was when I "knew". Well, more like "confirmed".  ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2010, 11:08:03 AM »

And now, since I have a few moments to myself right now, I shall take them.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2010, 11:15:56 AM »

Thank you, BK.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2010, 11:41:52 AM »

Busy, busy, busy (that is three busy's).  Dropped by the new house today to pick up the last key and just walked around inside, not really believing it's ours.  Of course once we start paying for it, I'm sure the reality will sink in.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2010, 11:42:43 AM »

Personally, I was more than glad to see the two characters who were killed in last week's LOST bite the dust.  Especially the "assistant," my least favorite performance since Daniel Faraday.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2010, 11:44:14 AM »

I have also started booking next season's Rave in the Nave.  I have already snagged Portland's biggest ever pop-rock stars (I'll let you guess who they may be), and have now gotten a commitment from one of the west coast's biggest jazz stars, who calls Portland home.  It's amazing how easy it is to book A-list talent when you offer them a lot of money.  ;)

JMK

« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2010, 11:44:39 AM »

Maybe if BK had a one hander (not a euphemism), we could entice him here to do a performance.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2010, 12:08:00 PM »

~~~Super Vibes for DR DakotaCelt's Mother!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2010, 12:08:46 PM »

It is deadly quiet here at World of Wisdom today......three hours to go....I would like to see some customers in the door, please.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2010, 12:09:19 PM »

How soon is the official move, DR JMK?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2010, 12:12:06 PM »

At this point I would be more angry at the groom, and very glad he wasn't my son-in-law.

I felt sorry for the parents, too.  But, none of this would have happened if the daughter had behaved herself.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2010, 12:35:58 PM »

And a new episode of SURVIVOR tonight!

I am really looking forward to this and THE MENALIST.

Jennifer

« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2010, 12:38:37 PM »

Yesterday i watched the dvd of THE TRAVELLER'S WIFE.  And I really liked it. I just thought the two leads had tremendous chemistry. And i found the story very touching.  Today when i was returning the dvd (to the library) i saw the book of the same name sitting at the front with other must reads. It is 500 pages. And i have at least one book i want to read before it (Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse Book 3).

I will be very curious to see how the book compares to the movie. Obviously there will be much more detail in the movie. I will also be curious to see how closely the movie follows the book (since a lot of movies seem to take huge liberties).

Jennifer

« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2010, 12:39:38 PM »

I also watched another newish dvd this week, ALL ABOUT STEVE, with Sandra Bullock. I really like her. And i loved her in THE PROPOSAL.

I'm not 100% sure they chose the right ending. But I really liked it. I thought she was very funny. As was Bradley Cooper (her co-star).

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2010, 12:42:32 PM »

I have one request I worry about.  It is the friend of a friend of a friend.  I was shocked when I saw her request, and photo.  She is a lovely young teenage girl.  I don’t know why she invited me & don’t think she should be doing something like that.  I think I’ll write the mutual friend first & ask about her.

I'm confused why you are upset by this teenage girl's friend request.  If she knows you, why can't she put you on her list?  Some people prefer to only have their closest friends/family. But some people have every acquaintance they've ever known.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2010, 12:58:21 PM »

Jennifer, upset as in concerned to why a teenage girl is inviting someone she doesn't know. 

I suppose I could also wonder why I have so many friends I don't know-lol.  People write me and/or invite me because of Sherlock's photo on my avatar ;D.  Actually I have made some interesting FB friends with Bernese Mountain Dogs, and other friends through my pet connections.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2010, 01:00:03 PM »

I felt sorry for the parents, too.  But, none of this would have happened if the daughter had behaved herself.

Or if she had canceled the wedding since she obviously wasn't ready to commit to the groom.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2010, 01:00:48 PM »

It is deadly quiet here at World of Wisdom today......three hours to go....I would like to see some customers in the door, please.

CUSTOMER VIBES!!!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2010, 01:12:33 PM »

I did have a chance to watch a MATT HOUSTON episode before I left for lunch. This one involved alien encounters and guest starred Robert Alda, Dane Clark, Shelley Fabres, David Groh, and Dawn Wells.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2010, 01:16:03 PM »

I also watched another newish dvd this week, ALL ABOUT STEVE, with Sandra Bullock. I really like her. And i loved her in THE PROPOSAL.

I'm not 100% sure they chose the right ending. But I really liked it. I thought she was very funny. As was Bradley Cooper (her co-star).

You and I are on opposite ends of the spectrum on this one. I found it one of the more painful big budget studio comedies I've had to sit through in many a year. I usually love Sandy, but I hated her in this, and I hated the film.

THE PROPOSAL was CITIZEN KANE compared to this.

Matt H.

« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2010, 01:17:27 PM »

Personally, I was more than glad to see the two characters who were killed in last week's LOST bite the dust.  Especially the "assistant," my least favorite performance since Daniel Faraday.

I liked the episode very, very much, but I admit I was not sad at all to see these two characters dispatched.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up