Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WEATHER REPORT  (Read 14550 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: THE WEATHER REPORT
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2010, 01:19:06 PM »

When I got in from lunch (which started late and ran long), I only had time for two complete episodes. Guest stars included Anne Jeffreys, Ernest Borgnine, Andrew Robinson, Jayne Meadows, Bo Hopkins, Ben Murphy, Natalie Schafer, Don Defore, and Michael Constantine.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2010, 01:19:20 PM »

Page Four Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2010, 01:20:17 PM »

I peeped ahead at the guest stars in the next episode. They're George Chakiris, Robert Goulet, Renee Taylor, and Fred Grandy. It's called "The Showgirl Murders" and seems to be set in Las Vegas.

Matt H.

« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2010, 01:21:12 PM »

Then I skimmed through today's ONE LIFE TO LIVE and AS THE WORLD TURNS. Nothing of interest in either, and no Luke or Dr. Pill in tomorrow's previews of ATWT.

Supposedly Oliver and Kyle should be on OLTL tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2010, 01:23:06 PM »

I spent the last 15 minutes of the afternoon watching the men's Olympic skating final programs. I hadn't watched them in more than a week, so I went back through Evan's, Patrick's, and Evgeni's. Nice to see them again, and I think other than the judges undermarking Patrick, the results were correct. I still would have put Patrick fourth and Stephane fifth.

MBarnum

« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2010, 01:24:21 PM »

TOD:

Earth Vs. The Flying Saucers is my favorite Harryhausen film

The Ymir from 20 MILLION MILES TO EARTH is my favorite Harryhausen creation.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2010, 01:24:46 PM »

At this point I would be more angry at the groom, and very glad he wasn't my son-in-law.

But Jane, what if he were your son??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2010, 01:25:30 PM »

I'm wondering if some of our Hainsies/Kimlets are still discussing this "wedding story" because they think it is true.

It's not true.  It's made up.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2010, 01:26:49 PM »

Crazy day ahead. I'm going to buy a pair of olive trees for the backyard. It's become a viable fruit tree in Texas now that a few varieties will withstand freezing temperatures for part of the year. Will have to get those planted. Then get the house cleaned a little more before a friend arrives for the weekend. I hate housecleaning, so I always put it off until I've got a reason to do it.

I waited three years before I cleaned my house...don't wait THAT long!!

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2010, 01:27:08 PM »

I saw all of the 1970s Harryhausen films on the big screen when they each were released (my brother Allen took me to see most of them, as I recall). I don't think I have seen any of them since.

I never cared much for the 1960s Harryhausen films.

There are various DVDs of Harryhausen's early work in short subjects that quite entertaining.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2010, 01:28:07 PM »

At this point I would be more angry at the groom, and very glad he wasn't my son-in-law.

I felt sorry for the parents, too.  But, none of this would have happened if the daughter had behaved herself.

But it didn't happen...she's made up.   :)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2010, 01:28:07 PM »

I'm wondering if some of our Hainsies/Kimlets are still discussing this "wedding story" because they think it is true.

LOL! I kept wondering the same thing Ron! I suspect they missed your earlier post about it being an urban legend.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2010, 01:32:43 PM »

I felt sorry for the parents, too.  But, none of this would have happened if the daughter had behaved herself.

Well, none of it did happen--as DR Ron said, it's an urban myth...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2010, 01:37:54 PM »

...or maybe it did all happen--in a world strangely like ours, but not like ours.  A world not unlike our own, but skewed.  A world where Debra Messing is coming back to TV in a new series.

Um, wait a minute--that's actually happening in our world...

Er, imagine, if you would, a world where Debra Messing is NOT coming back to TV in a new searies (at least not in this coming season...)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2010, 01:58:53 PM »

Well, I'm going to write for just a bit and then head back down to (hopefully) complete the MATT HOUSTON box set.

WBBL.

Jennifer

« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2010, 02:11:34 PM »

Jennifer, upset as in concerned to why a teenage girl is inviting someone she doesn't know. 

I suppose I could also wonder why I have so many friends I don't know-lol.  People write me and/or invite me because of Sherlock's photo on my avatar ;D.  Actually I have made some interesting FB friends with Bernese Mountain Dogs, and other friends through my pet connections.

IF you know that she is a lovely girl, then why doesn't she know you?

Jennifer

« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2010, 02:13:54 PM »

LOST SPOILER FROM THIS WEEK

Personally, I was more than glad to see the two characters who were killed in last week's LOST bite the dust.  Especially the "assistant," my least favorite performance since Daniel Faraday.

Can you try to remember to put spoiler space. Or at least write the word LOST on the line before you write the spoiler.  Not everybody watches it on Tuesdays.

Laura

« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2010, 02:23:23 PM »

Gee, Ron, next you'll be telling us the story with the shrimp in the curtain rod is made up, too.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2010, 02:23:34 PM »

LOST SPOILER FROM THIS WEEK

Personally, I was more than glad to see the two characters who were killed in last week's LOST bite the dust.  Especially the "assistant," my least favorite performance since Daniel Faraday.

Can you try to remember to put spoiler space. Or at least write the word LOST on the line before you write the spoiler.  Not everybody watches it on Tuesdays.

Oh, Lordy, not this again.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

FJL

« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2010, 02:36:27 PM »

Laura - The shrimp in the curtain rod thing actually happened, except it was cod in the curtain rod

Laura

« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2010, 02:44:22 PM »

Really? I thought it was made up.

http://www.snopes.com/love/revenge/shrimp.asp
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 02:46:31 PM by Laura »
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2010, 02:47:16 PM »

I never understood how that could work. The shrimp/cod would dry out. At least here it would.
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2010, 02:49:36 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Day One is DONE!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2010, 02:50:05 PM »

And now...

Dinner!

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2010, 03:02:18 PM »

But Jane, what if he were your son??

LOL  I would truly be horrified.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #115 on: March 04, 2010, 03:02:48 PM »

I also watched another newish dvd this week, ALL ABOUT STEVE, with Sandra Bullock. I really like her. And i loved her in THE PROPOSAL.

I'm not 100% sure they chose the right ending. But I really liked it. I thought she was very funny. As was Bradley Cooper (her co-star).

You and I are on opposite ends of the spectrum on this one. I found it one of the more painful big budget studio comedies I've had to sit through in many a year. I usually love Sandy, but I hated her in this, and I hated the film.

THE PROPOSAL was CITIZEN KANE compared to this.

I haven't seen ALL ABOUT STEVE, but I thought THE PROPOSAL was fun.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #116 on: March 04, 2010, 03:03:52 PM »

Jennifer, upset as in concerned to why a teenage girl is inviting someone she doesn't know. 

I suppose I could also wonder why I have so many friends I don't know-lol.  People write me and/or invite me because of Sherlock's photo on my avatar ;D.  Actually I have made some interesting FB friends with Bernese Mountain Dogs, and other friends through my pet connections.

IF you know that she is a lovely girl, then why doesn't she know you?

Lovely looking :)

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #117 on: March 04, 2010, 03:07:03 PM »

link=topic=2430.msg650905#msg650905 date=1267736403]

Or if she had canceled the wedding since she obviously wasn't ready to commit to the groom.
[/quote]

Or if she had canceled the wedding since she obviously wasn't ready to commit to the groom.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when parents and daughter next spoke.

;D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 03:09:35 PM by Druxy »
You can dream…or you can do.

Ginny

« Reply #118 on: March 04, 2010, 03:07:23 PM »

Hello from Louisville!  After observing DR Jose at work, we met my friend Karen for lunch and then headed west.  We stopped in Frankfort, the capitol of Kentucky, and arrived here about an hour ago.

More pictures soon!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #119 on: March 04, 2010, 03:20:22 PM »

In Frankfort, we saw the state capitol building and the governor's mansion:

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up