Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ESPECIALLY TIRED NOTES  (Read 14751 times)

MBarnum

Re: THE ESPECIALLY TIRED NOTES
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2010, 09:28:21 AM »

TOD:

If we are talking about foriegn speaking peformers in English language films, then:

Shirley Yamaguchi in JAPANESE WAR BRIDE

Miyoshi Umeki in SAYONARA and FLOWER DRUM SONG

Nobu McCarthy in GEISHA BOY

Hmmm...I seem to be on a Japanese kick.

MBarnum

« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2010, 09:29:41 AM »

JRand, I hate to bust your image of Miiko Taka and the publicity machine, but she was born in Los Angeles and her real name is Betty. She probably speaks as much Japanese as you or I do. LOL!

However, I do adore her!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2010, 09:44:58 AM »

Well, the car is at the shop and I'm at work.  Pray for an inexpensive Rosemary's Baby!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2010, 09:45:16 AM »

And a Very Happy Birthday to BK's close and personal friend, Barbara Deutsch!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2010, 09:59:40 AM »

Vibes for cheap costing car repairs for DR George!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2010, 10:02:31 AM »

Well.....thanks, DRMBARNUM......all these foreign stars.....wonder if Marlon Brando called her Betty?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2010, 10:05:59 AM »

If I call you Betty, you can call me Al...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2010, 10:06:40 AM »

* * * * *  Cheap Repair Vibes for DR George  * * * * *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2010, 10:08:08 AM »

Congrats on DR Penny-O on her publication!

DR Penny, can you give us the IBN number so we order the right copy of CSFTS? 
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2010, 10:09:27 AM »

Just went for a lunchtime ride with an office friend.  There are a lot of places to go to in Conshohocken if you drive to the next county...
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2010, 10:18:37 AM »

Good Afternoon!

And after a somewhat productive morning here inside my apartment - laundry, emails, phone calls, paperwork, etc. - it's time for me to head outside of my apartment for a bit.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2010, 10:28:46 AM »

I just got a box o' books from Chicken Soup for the Soul - "Thanks, Mom" is hitting the bookstores on March 23, for Mothers' Day sales... and I have a story in there!!! Got a couple of author events in Idaho next week, and one the actual week of Mothers' Day, up in La Canada - pronounced Lah Can-yah-dah - near LA...

Congrats on the publication, PennyO!!

Jennifer

« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2010, 10:53:48 AM »

Lots of new TV episodes tonight including (for me) NCIS, NCIS: LA, LOST, SOUTHLAND, and the season finale of WHITE COLLAR.

Note SOUTHLAND, DR JRand!

I cannot wait for that WHITE COLLAR finale (which we get on Fridays).

On tv tonight for me: AMERICAN IDOL, LOST, THE GOOD WIFE and PARENTHOOD.

I am not completely sold on the latter. But I love Lauren Graham and she is in it a lot (or at least she was in the pilot a lot). It's a family drama with a lot of well known cast members.  My favorites being Lauren Graham and Peter Krause.

Jennifer

« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2010, 10:56:28 AM »

I did something very painful this morning.  I really don't know how i did this. But when i went to get something out of the cupboard i smashed the door right into my nose.  My nose was immediately in terrible pain and my head hurt.  I knew i didn't break it but i almost felt light headed. It really hurt.

I put an ice pack on it. And took two motrin.  I now have a big scrape on my nose and it still feels very tender. Ouch! :(

Jennifer

« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2010, 10:58:50 AM »

I saw this interview online that Simon Cowell did with Jay Leno (i guess he was last night).  He was talking about his fiancee. But he was actually asked about AMERICAN IDOL. And i'm not sure if he said this person was his favorite or just if he really liked her. But he mentioned crystal bowersox. I guess that will help her last for quite a while.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2010, 11:08:15 AM »

Thanks for the SOUTHALND reminder DR MATTH.

MR BK - if you cut off the less than ten dealers.....you also cut off the less than ten customers who use them....and who may find their way to Kritzerland.com sooner or later....or even HHW.

Those dealers might be someone's only source - for one reason or another.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2010, 11:09:18 AM »

I did something very painful this morning.  I really don't know how i did this. But when i went to get something out of the cupboard i smashed the door right into my nose.  My nose was immediately in terrible pain and my head hurt.  I knew i didn't break it but i almost felt light headed. It really hurt.

I put an ice pack on it. And took two motrin.  I now have a big scrape on my nose and it still feels very tender. Ouch! :(

O-u-c-h!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2010, 11:16:01 AM »

Yikes! 

~~~Feel Better Soon Vibes!!~~~

George

« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2010, 11:16:51 AM »

Vibes for cheap costing car repairs for DR George!

* * * * *  Cheap Repair Vibes for DR George  * * * * *

Thanks Mike and Dan!  I haven't gotten the call yet on the estimate. :-\

George

« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2010, 11:24:01 AM »

AND!!! just got a commission for the book of a (vanity) musical. Guy wants it written around his specific philosophy, with excerpts from his actual life... hey, I can do that!!! He'll pay me half in advance, this week. If the check clears, scribble scribble scribble!!!

Wait!  Guy Haines has asked YOU to write a (vanity) musical about his philosophy??  That's so cool!!

;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2010, 11:33:59 AM »

I just got a box o' books from Chicken Soup for the Soul - "Thanks, Mom" is hitting the bookstores on March 23, for Mothers' Day sales... and I have a story in there!!! Got a couple of author events in Idaho next week, and one the actual week of Mothers' Day, up in La Canada - pronounced Lah Can-yah-dah - near LA...

AND!!! just got a commission for the book of a (vanity) musical. Guy wants it written around his specific philosophy, with excerpts from his actual life... hey, I can do that!!! He'll pay me half in advance, this week. If the check clears, scribble scribble scribble!!!

What else? Oh, the weather outside's delightful!! And there are hummingbirds in the little garden I made on my friend's balcony. Life is FINE!!!

As long as it ends in a sequel to JEWISH THIGHS . . . I'm happy!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2010, 12:07:23 PM »

Congrats on DR Penny-O on her publication!

DR Penny, can you give us the IBN number so we order the right copy of CSFTS? 

Yes!! It's called "Thanks, Mom" and the ISBN's are:
ISBN-10: 1935096451
ISBN-13: 978-1935096450

Oh, boy!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2010, 12:08:15 PM »

Congrats on the publication, PennyO!!

Thank you, sweet thang!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2010, 12:09:54 PM »

Wait!  Guy Haines has asked YOU to write a (vanity) musical about his philosophy??  That's so cool!!

;)

Hahahahahahahaaaaa!!! If Guy Haines wanted to do a work like that, I think he has an in with the InnKeeper, here at Haineshisway!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2010, 12:11:22 PM »

What else? Oh, the weather outside's delightful!! And there are hummingbirds in the little garden I made on my friend's balcony. Life is FINE!!!

As long as it ends in a sequel to JEWISH THIGHS . . . I'm happy!

Baby!!! Well, it bears a family resemblance to Jewish Thighs, oddly enough... PS - the sequel is called: Heirlooms - songs and stories from a not-quite-kosher-life.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2010, 12:13:04 PM »

I feel so very mellow right now... just came from my Yoga class. I'm not the oldest person in there - nor the most fit/in shape oldster...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2010, 12:13:52 PM »

And now, a bite of something before heading out to Tarzana and cousin Tuna. I mean, Tina...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2010, 12:14:11 PM »

see yiz laters, skaters!
PennyO

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2010, 01:19:13 PM »

I watched the ladies final Olympic programs from HD On Demand. I've already transferred them over to DVD-R, of course, but not in HD, so before Time-Warner takes them off their On Demand section, I watched them again in HD. Only got through Mao Asada's skate, but I'll like watch Joannie's and Marai's programs tonight at some point.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2010, 01:25:26 PM »

While I ate lunch, I watched last night's CASTLE. Once we got all of the various testimony, it was easy to figure out the murderer, but that didn't happen until about 10 minutes before the end of the episode. They kept holding back info and making these "surprise" discoveries. Still, fun episode as usual.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up