Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: GREEN DAY  (Read 15607 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: GREEN DAY
« Reply #180 on: March 17, 2010, 06:27:57 PM »

PAGE SEVEN
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #181 on: March 17, 2010, 06:28:42 PM »

DR GINNY - if MR BK can't come the first week, and you and DH RICHARD are traveling over for an evening performance - perhaps we can all be there one evening the second week, except for DR KURT who will be in Chicago during the second week.

DR JRand - I'm leaning toward the 23rd, because on the 16th I have luncheon plans in Cincinnati with our very own DR DakotaCelt.

Ginny, in case you change your mind; this site has driving directions for getting to the theater in Olympia (it is beautiful in Olympia in May).

http://calendar.thenewstribune.com/olympia-wa/events/show/95305365-theater-arts-olympia-presents-the-brain-from-planet-x-the-musical

And what about the West Coast HHW's?  Isn't anyone going to come support George (and BK)?

I had planned to until my accident, now I doubt it.  Penny is interested but likely won't be able to go.  I told her I would let her know the dates of the gathering. 

Would the plan be for the Portland/Salem people to go to a matinee & return home in the evening? 

Jane

« Reply #182 on: March 17, 2010, 06:30:23 PM »

Does anyone have a blanket with sleeves?  Keith, who was oblivious to the fact these existed, saw them on the opening of "Cougar Town" and exclaimed he wanted one for his birthday. 

I've done a little research & have read to get the Slanket for comfort & softness.

A snuggie!

I don't have one but really really want one.

Just make sure you get the plush ones and not the crappy imitations.

From what I'm reading the Snuggie is not soft & plush.  Maybe you also want a Slanket ;) Have you touched one?

Jane

« Reply #183 on: March 17, 2010, 06:31:30 PM »

I have a Snuggie. It is leopard-spotted.

I thought only the Slanket came leopard-spotted.  ;D

Is it soft, plush & comfy?

Jane

« Reply #184 on: March 17, 2010, 06:32:03 PM »

LOL TCB.

Jane

« Reply #185 on: March 17, 2010, 06:34:05 PM »

Ginny

« Reply #186 on: March 17, 2010, 06:34:45 PM »

DR Jane - no onions for me, if I can help it.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #187 on: March 17, 2010, 06:38:49 PM »

DR TCB - when the PNW production of BRAIN was first announced, and DR George was cast, I'd hoped to plan a vacation for us around it.  Richard has never been to Washington and Oregon and I haven't been there since a 1984 conference in Seattle.  This spring turns out not be be the time for us to take a trip that elaborate.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #188 on: March 17, 2010, 06:38:53 PM »

A shame, they are in so many foods.  I love onions.  I have a friend who hates cilantro & he just about always asks if there is any in the food before ordering.  Do you usually ask?

Jane

« Reply #189 on: March 17, 2010, 06:45:00 PM »

DR TCB - when the PNW production of BRAIN was first announced, and DR George was cast, I'd hoped to plan a vacation for us around it.  Richard has never been to Washington and Oregon and I haven't been there since a 1984 conference in Seattle.  This spring turns out not be be the time for us to take a trip that elaborate.

I'm very sorry you won't be coming to Oregon. 

Laura

« Reply #190 on: March 17, 2010, 06:45:46 PM »

The Snuggie is thin, which is fine for me. It's not that cold here.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ben

« Reply #191 on: March 17, 2010, 06:50:58 PM »

Actually, the Slanket came first. There was a story on it this past Sunday on CBS Sunday morning. You can watch the piece here.

Slanket vs. Snuggie

Mo Rocca interviews the inventor of the Slanket. He came up with the idea in 1998, long before the Snuggie. It was successful but it didn't take off the way the Snuggie did. I guess because he doesn't have cheesy commercials.

Ginny

« Reply #192 on: March 17, 2010, 06:52:21 PM »

I'm very sorry you won't be coming to Oregon. 

So am I, DR Jane.  If I were still working, I'd probably be in Portland next week for the Public Library Association conference.

Jane

« Reply #193 on: March 17, 2010, 07:10:10 PM »

Actually, the Slanket came first. There was a story on it this past Sunday on CBS Sunday morning. You can watch the piece here.

Slanket vs. Snuggie

Mo Rocca interviews the inventor of the Slanket. He came up with the idea in 1998, long before the Snuggie. It was successful but it didn't take off the way the Snuggie did. I guess because he doesn't have cheesy commercials.

What was that at the end..."a sleep off"!  I had read the details on the Slanket site.  I definitely want one that will hold up in the wash.

Laura is your Snuggie soft?.  I really think Keith would be fine with thin since he gets warm long before I do.

Laura

« Reply #194 on: March 17, 2010, 07:11:12 PM »

It's soft. I'm content with it.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #195 on: March 17, 2010, 07:13:07 PM »

Does anyone have a blanket with sleeves?  Keith, who was oblivious to the fact these existed, saw them on the opening of "Cougar Town" and exclaimed he wanted one for his birthday. 

I've done a little research & have read to get the Slanket for comfort & softness.

Yep, I have one. It can be very comfy, and I have gotten a lot of wear out of mine.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

« Reply #196 on: March 17, 2010, 07:13:26 PM »

I found something like it at Macy's & was excited because it has a quilted outer layer, much better to deal with dog fur.  I looked up a photo & it fits like a robe & looks like a robe.

The Slanket gives a portion of the profits to a non profit organization.  The color you purchase determines where the money is donated.

Jane

« Reply #197 on: March 17, 2010, 07:14:02 PM »

Yep, I have one. It can be very comfy, and I have gotten a lot of wear out of mine.

Which one do you have?

Matt H.

« Reply #198 on: March 17, 2010, 07:15:02 PM »

As I was writing up my TOY STORY review, I realized I hadn't watched one of the bonus features, so when I went back down, that's the first thing I did. Was only a two minute featurette, but I did feel I needed to see it.

Matt H.

« Reply #199 on: March 17, 2010, 07:15:41 PM »

Snuggie.

Jane

« Reply #200 on: March 17, 2010, 07:17:26 PM »

Thank you Laura & Matt H

Matt H.

« Reply #201 on: March 17, 2010, 07:17:29 PM »

After that, I watched last night's NCIS: LA. Only an average episode. This was about gangs in LA shooting people down on the streets. The acting wasn't great and the story weas very familiar. This show doesn't usually pose mysteries for the viewers to solve which is one reason I MUCH prefer the original show to this spin-off.

Matt H.

« Reply #202 on: March 17, 2010, 07:19:08 PM »

I ended my evening with tonight's HUMAN TARGET. Looks like DR Jennifer is getting her wish to have a female regular on the show. Looks like that nerdy girl is going to be back as a computer expert to work with the Jackie Earle Hayley character.

I did like the episode though the back and forth in time scenario is used by everyone nowadays and has certainly lost its freshness.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #203 on: March 17, 2010, 07:29:26 PM »

Hello, everyone.

I have neither a Snuggie nor a Slanket. I also have no Siblings. But both DR MBarnum and DR JRand seem to have lots of siblings and, I presume, lots of stories to go with them. If either of you decide to become a novelist I think you will have lots of material.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: March 17, 2010, 07:30:46 PM »

I had a busy day, including a haircut (LOTS of hair to cut) and LOTS of errands. Where do all the errands come from?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #205 on: March 17, 2010, 07:32:05 PM »

I did a bit more unpacking the other day and am now listening to one of my favorite CDs. It has two tracks by Francois Dompierre, whose work I can't seem to get enough of.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #206 on: March 17, 2010, 07:38:02 PM »

Jane, I'm glad you're trying LARK RISE TO CANDLEFORD. I really like this series, but I don't know of anyone else who's heard of it.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #207 on: March 17, 2010, 08:06:34 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t4LOjkTsJY

Here's the clip of Hoffmand and Midler from 1977

I had totally forgotten the bit with her dressing him at the piano. Seeing the two clips makes me wish this special were on DVD.
TOD: Question for BK: Is there any market for such DVDs in the way that there is a niche for soundtracks, cast albums, etc.? Would it work for Kritzerland to market 1,000 copies of, say, "On the Flip Side" or a Bette Midler special or anything else that might be in the vaults?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Matt H.

« Reply #208 on: March 17, 2010, 08:15:18 PM »

I'm heading downstairs now to bed.

Good night!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #209 on: March 17, 2010, 08:41:59 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t4LOjkTsJY

Here's the clip of Hoffmand and Midler from 1977

I had totally forgotten the bit with her dressing him at the piano. Seeing the two clips makes me wish this special were on DVD.
TOD: Question for BK: Is there any market for such DVDs in the way that there is a niche for soundtracks, cast albums, etc.? Would it work for Kritzerland to market 1,000 copies of, say, "On the Flip Side" or a Bette Midler special or anything else that might be in the vaults?

Really hard to know - DVD is not doing well.  However, I do have a master on On The Flip Side and could do it easily.  I've been thinking about it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up