Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WHIZ BANG WEEK  (Read 15181 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE WHIZ BANG WEEK
« on: March 28, 2010, 11:33:19 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes whizzed by with a bang, and now it is time for you to post until the whiz bang cows come home. They're currently seeing a production of The Whiz.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE WHIZ BANG WEEK
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 11:34:20 PM »

And the word of the day is: UXORIAL!

FJL

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 11:44:17 PM »

Is it tomorrow already?

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 11:57:36 PM »

Tomorrow got here a little early!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 12:00:16 AM »

Here are smaller versions of Edisaurus' lowly weeds lovely blooms:

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 12:03:18 AM »

Is it tomorrow already?

Can't be - no sun - and we know The Sun Will Come Up Tomorrow.

der Brucer

Edisaurus

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 12:04:49 AM »

TOD: When I was in Savannah to celebrate Johnny Mercer's birthday last November, I finally got to go to the ice cream shop Leopold's, owned by film producer I first met on a film back in 1978. (Eeek!) It's a family business, and Johnny used to go there when he was growing up and whenever he returned to Savannah. He is the one currently producing Captain Marvel (he just did The Wolfman) and I met up with him in LA when Greg and I were out there in Feb. I hope to be working on a project with him @ June.

His wife asked me what my favorite flavors were and I told her "dark chocolate and orange". Lo and behold, they had just created this flavor. It was sooooooo gooooood!

Favorite ice cream sandwich: No contest---the one we had on my last trip. They came from a place called MILK, and Peter and I had it at Umami Burger. We split one but I would have rather had one all on my own!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 12:05:21 AM »

Thank you, DerB!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 12:09:10 AM »

Thank you, DerB!

Thank you for providing such a colorful way to start the day.

der Brucer

Edisaurus

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 12:09:42 AM »

Today I was at Whole Foods and tried several gelato flavors that their gelato kid cooked up. One was a green apple soda one. I was hoping it would be like the yummiest gelato I'd ever had, a champagne sorbet at Giolitti's in Rome. Not quite, but pretty tasty.

I also tried a hanañero chocolate that was so hot it made me start coughing. It had a real kick that I wasn't expecting. He gave me a coconut sample to cleanse my palate. I was hoping it would be like a cayenne pepper dark chocolate one that our post house chef made once, but no...it was too hot for me!

Edisaurus

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 12:10:20 AM »

Thank you, DerB!

Thank you for providing such a colorful way to start the day.

der Brucer

:D

Edisaurus

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 12:11:34 AM »

Time for beddie-bye!

Edisaurus

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 12:11:53 AM »

Goodnight, DerB!

Ben

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 03:00:25 AM »

Morning all.

td

• td
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 04:53:16 AM »

Good morning one and all!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 05:20:24 AM »

Quote from: Druxy on March 28, 2010, 07:12:04 PM

How's ROOM SERVICE?  Haven't watched that one yet

"Room Service" was fun, if a bit stage bound. There's a young Lucille Ball to add to mayhem and an even younger Ann Miller as the love interest. Not top drawer, but a charming way to spend some time.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 05:28:52 AM »

I do not like ROOM SERVICE. It was a Broadway play and then bought for films with the Marxes shoved into it, and for me they just don't fit at all.

AT THE CIRCUS is lots of fun. I also like GO WEST and THE BIG STORE, their other MGM features after AT THE CIRCUS though it's clear they're getting older and some of the shenanigans are a little tired.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Edisaurus

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 05:39:03 AM »

Morning all.

Hi, Ben! I was wondering if you or Anthony could email me photos of the dollhouse? I would love to show my step-mother, who is into miniatures, but it's on my computer that died...
 :'(

Edisaurus

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 05:40:32 AM »

4 hours sleep was not enough...

John G.

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 05:43:40 AM »

Ice cream -- one of my favorite foods. Can't remember the first time I had it; I was probably a babe in arms still. (Mom started me on beef when I was six months old, or so I've been told, so ice cream was most likely not that far behind.)

When I was around 10 or 12, one of the special treats I can remember is getting a Matterhorn at Baskin Robbins. It was seven scoops of ice cream with whipped cream and nuts on top. Heaven. In the mix were always flavors with nuts in them or something crunchy for added texture: Jamoca Almond Fudge, Pistachio Almond Fudge, Pecan Praline. And something with a touch of alcohol, such as Dacquiri Ice. Of course everything melted together into a pool at the bottom of the dish, but that goo was part of the fun.

A few years back, I bought a double ice cream maker, so you can make two flavors at once (or one large batch of the same flavor). I've been able to experiment with my own ideas. Last year, I made a candied bacon-ginger ice cream and a mint-cocoa nibs ice cream (above), using mint from the back yard, among others.

Favorite store brands in recent years have included Horizon's organic chocolate chocolate-peanut butter cup and Haagen-Dazs' ginger five, which I can't find too easily. I'm not a big fan of American gelati, because the texture is too often greasy and slick.

There's an ice cream parlor in San Antonio called Brindles that makes an open faced ice cream sandwich that's quite wonderful. It's called Muddy Feet, and they spread cookie dough on the bottom of the dish, heat it in the microwave until it's warm and almost done, so you get a good doughy flavor. Then it's topped warm with ice cream that melts into it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2010, 05:44:43 AM »

Monday - Interesting TAR developments....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2010, 05:46:37 AM »

Of course I am not eating ice cream these days....however.....

One of the first ice cream bars I ate was a Popsickle....not really ice cream.

THEN one day when the truck came down the street, the little girl in front of me asked for a DREAMSICKLE.....so I asked for one, too.

It is still my favorite ice cream bar - called many different things....it is sherbert surrounding vanilla ice cream.

John G.

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2010, 05:47:08 AM »

I do not like ROOM SERVICE. It was a Broadway play and then bought for films with the Marxes shoved into it, and for me they just don't fit at all.

AT THE CIRCUS is lots of fun. I also like GO WEST and THE BIG STORE, their other MGM features after AT THE CIRCUS though it's clear they're getting older and some of the shenanigans are a little tired.
It true about it not being written for them, yet every time I've seen "Room Service" revived (about three times now), it's staged as if the main charaters were the Marx Brothers.
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2010, 05:47:29 AM »

And now I am off to do some Monday things.

AND yes this is being broadcast from the VAIO - the Cisnet sets in the box waiting for my nephew...but won't leave for a few days until I am SURE!!!!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2010, 06:00:35 AM »

Monday - Interesting TAR developments....

...must avoid Comcast website...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2010, 06:02:46 AM »

Today Is Not Tomorrow--someone may use that as the title of their next Noble Woman motion picture...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2010, 06:08:50 AM »

Morning all.

Hi, Ben! I was wondering if you or Anthony could email me photos of the dollhouse? I would love to show my step-mother, who is into miniatures, but it's on my computer that died...
 :'(

Sure, I'll tell him you want the pictures. He will be happy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2010, 06:27:13 AM »

TOD:

I have no idea what my first ice cream was or what flavor, but it was most likely one of the local brands from back then--either Bryers or Abbotts.  My first favorite flavor as a youngen was banana, which could only be found at the Cow Tail Bar in Voorhees, NJ. Banana ice cream was also promised to me when I had my tonsils removed, but that promise was broken.

My first ice cream bar was probably an Abbotts ice cream sandwich.

Nowadays, if I buy store-bought ice cream, I'll go for Bryers (my favorite being the Triple Chocolate or Vanilla Fudge.)  Bryers seems to be the one ice cream that uses the least amount of preservatives and artificial ingredients.  I also like a couple of Ben & Jerry flavors, like Cherry Garcia or Chubby Hubby.  And Hagen Daz has just started selling something called Hagen Daz Five, which contains only five ingredients--the chocolate is delish!
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2010, 06:28:58 AM »

I've always liked ROOM SERVICE.  Taken as a Marx Brothers movie, it's not as bad as some of their other later pics...
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2010, 06:39:46 AM »

Hmmm...years ago, I had a problem where I always quickly wore out a hole at the elbow in my dress shirts at work.  I did not seem to ever have that problem when I had my own office.  Today, after being back in a cube for only four weeks, I discovered a hole in my left sleeve.

Grrrrrrr...
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up