Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: LET ME COUNT THE WAYS  (Read 46366 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:LET ME COUNT THE WAYS
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2004, 05:45:31 PM »

Yes DANISE we are anticipating -hmmmmm - perhaps your May Primary Election Avatar!

I didn't get to see the finale of COWBOY U so I am watching it tonight!

LOL RLP.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Danise

« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2004, 06:00:06 PM »

Oy!  I feel pressure to perform.....   Hummm but if I dress for that, what will I do for the 4th?
Thinking, thinking..........
D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2004, 06:38:50 PM »

LOL......well there is always RACE DAY.....which used to be a big deal in Indianapolis but now is NOTHING.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2004, 06:40:21 PM »

BK, on that Thring thing:  "Dansssse, Ssssalome!"  Oh, it's so true!

Jennifer

« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2004, 06:52:02 PM »

DR Danise: Not sure exactly what kind of recipe specifically.  Just anything good that you've tried.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2004, 07:02:12 PM »

Clearly, somebody has never been on a gay motorcycle club run.

::)

Yes, that much is very true!  ;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2004, 07:06:42 PM »

Will someone who is good at this sort of thing tell me what the Thursday date around April 26th in 1969 would have been.  Whichever Thursday falls during the third week of April, that's what I need.

April 26, 1969 was a Saturday.  Thursday was April 24th.

You can find this with "google" by typing in "Calendar, 19XX"  and you'll get the complete year's calendar!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2004, 07:29:21 PM »

Thanks for the date info, very helpful!

MBarnum

« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2004, 07:55:29 PM »

I simply must get me some of the Mancini stamps.  

One of my (many!) quirks is that I am incapable of using those generic "American Flag" stamps...I always buy something colorful and fun.  Like the "Famous Movie Monsters" or "Hollywood Film Composers" stamps, which I bought lots and lots of.  And I still have sets of them, secreted away...

I do the same thing. I prefer to use the fancy stamps! I guess it comes from being a stamp collector when I was a kid. No boring stamps for me, no way!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2004, 07:58:53 PM »

CP giving you work at 11:00 at night just doesn’t seem right.  

Quote from last night.

“Charles Pogue I thought of you today while we were at the movies.  During a scene I leaned over to Keith and said that is what you mean by not dumbing down to the audience.  After which we were very bad and Keith kept cracking me up with his comments.  When I loose control my laugh is very embarrassing.  As the movie ended, I couldn’t help myself and applauded.  I was then surprised at the number of people who then joined me.”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2004, 08:02:08 PM »

RLP thanks for the calendar info.  I was just thinking I could use an old calendar.

Tomorrow is Keith’s birthday which is also a special day for me for two reasons:
One, he is finally as old as I am. ;)
Two, it is also the anniversary of our first date. :D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2004, 08:11:58 PM »

One, he is finally as old as I am. ;)
AHA!  The truth is out, at last!  Jane is a cradle-robber!

;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2004, 09:12:58 PM »

American Idol:

It was a strange night for me.  George was terrible, but I thought John Stevens gave his very best -- in fact, an outstanding -- rendition of "Mandy" given his vocal range.  Yet, the judges were not very kind.  And John did not once snap his fingers.  It was a major breakthrough for him.

Did I mention that George was terrible?  

Diana, compared to the others, was all right.  It was a good performance by her...much more subdued than most of her performances, but there's room for improvement.

Jasmine was good, too.  Very nice, although I thought she abruptly stopped a note while struggling to take the mike off the stand.

Jennifer -- aside from my usual complaint of too much of the song being in the diaphragm and unintelligible in enunciation, plus LaToya and Fantasia were all good, although Fantasia's "version" of "It's A Miracle" was just a vocal exercise resembling not one whit Manilow's song.  LaToya always chooses the least interesting songs and then sings them very well.  It's great for her voice, but I'm always left wondering what the hell she sang.    

I haven't a clue who to vote for...or if I should even vote, since I don't feel strongly about/for any of them.

I think it's moot at this point.  

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2004, 09:18:34 PM »

Jane, work at eleven on a Sunday.  The really horrible thing was I spent four hours writing notes on notes and lost them in the computer.  Spent  all Monday rewriting notes and today polishing.  Going right back into this madness with re-writes.  Probably be that way until the damned thing shoots in August.  I'm gettng too old for this.  I must go off and write novels.

And remember all: "Danssse, Sssalome!"  (BK, I love this!  He is so absolutely weird in that scene!)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2004, 09:29:45 PM »

I enjoyed MOST of the renditions of Manilow songs tonight on AMERICAN IDOL.

Let's start with what I didn't like:

George Huff's first really weak performance. He sounded vocally in great distress, but there was no mention of a sore throat. Not a good song for him, at any rate.

LaToya sang silkily, but again a bad song choice and her top notes weren't great.

Fantasia took Tarantino's advice from last week and funked it up this week to probably my least favorite rendition from her.

Poor John Stevens did beautifully with the first half of the song "Mandy," and then came the key change, and his voice went sharp for almost the rest of the way. What a shame.

Once again, I thought Jennifer Hudson had the best vocal though she, Diana, and Jasmine had either an occasional bad low note or bad transitions in their songs.

As for my phone checking, three people's lines were never busy the entire night: John, Jasmine, and Latoya (!)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2004, 09:49:59 PM »

I don't know from epic movies, so I can't add anything to this.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2004, 10:04:19 PM »

It's time to say bye-bye to John Stevens.

Hmmm...Tarantino loves American Yodel.  Tarantino loves Alias.  Tarantino has been on both shows.

Conclusion: American Yodel is a subversive plot by the Covenant, which Tarantino runs (on Alias).

;D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2004, 10:06:56 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2004, 10:14:02 PM »

A headline from today's Daily Variety:

TARANTINO MOONLIGHTS FOR KIMMEL MAKEOVER

Hmmm... bk as a Samurai warrior?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2004, 10:15:11 PM »

I have such a headache - I've had one on and off for five days - it's basically because of my neck problem and sitting at the computer all day doing these additions and fixes.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2004, 11:00:22 PM »

Good morning......... Good afternoon.......... Good evening............... one and all!

I apologize for being E & T (and T & E and T & A) for the last several days, but I was stricken by a case of the disease who must not be named (a Harry potter reference), but which requires you to spend many long hours in the bathroom.

In addition, I have been going up to Seattle for training this week for this God-awful new computer program that we have to start using next week.

Epic films (road show and non-road show)

WEST SIDE STORY
THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF THE BROTHERS GRIMM
BEN-HUR
CAMELOT
FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD
MARY POPPINS
LAWRENCE OF ARABIA
MY FAIR LADY
THE WIZARD OF OZ (Yes, I saw it in a theater)
SPARTACUS

Sorry folks!  I didn't like the movie version of SOUND OF MUSIC then, and I don't like it any better now.

Congratulations, son, on the new wheels.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jed

« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2004, 11:07:10 PM »

Glad to hear you're doing alright now, Dad.  Was about to send Ann over to check on ya!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2004, 11:19:45 PM »

Glad to hear you're doing alright now, Dad.  Was about to send Ann over to check on ya!

Thanks, Jed.  Do you know when you are moving?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jed

« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2004, 11:23:50 PM »

Thanks, Jed.  Do you know when you are moving?

Step one is finding a job, so I know where the heck I should be moving to!  Just got a couple applications out the last couple days, always looking for new stuff to pop up.

Jed

« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2004, 11:25:23 PM »

So, TCB, should we credit your recovery to the M's winning streak? :D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2004, 11:39:05 PM »

NEW NEWS:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]I HAVE A COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/move]

Even though I lost everything that was on my old computer, I now have a new(ish...actually.  It's my sister's old computer, but it has 74.5 gigabytes!) computer!!!  AND FINALLY INTERNET ACCESS AT HOME AGAIN!!!!!!

So over the next few days, I'll be able to catch up on all of the HHW posts that I've missed (don't worry, I won't comment on everything) and be able to get to my e-mail as well.

Now I must set up my e-mail on this computer and download (and delete most of) the several hundred e-mails that have come in over the last month.

Goodnight all!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2004, 11:50:15 PM »

I have discovered that I can embarrass the puppies!

'Tis true!  I was playing a CD, with the headphones on, and listening to a dancable number, so I figured what the heck and started dancing...sorta.  (My dancing is only a little better than my singing, mainly because it isn't as noisy.)

Buster and Bonnie were sitting on the couch, watching me, with the strangest expressions on their faces.  They looked exactly like kids do when their parents are acting weird.  Their tails were wagging, but their brows were knitted.

At least I didn't pick up Bonnie and insist she dance with me.

::)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2004, 11:50:58 PM »

Go ahead, George, comment on everything!  You deserve to celebrate.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up