Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: FIVE CLICKS FASTER  (Read 15426 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re: FIVE CLICKS FASTER
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2010, 12:57:34 PM »

I hope you will barricade the new house.

Barricades are of little help when you keep the draw bridge lowered and the moat empty.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2010, 12:58:24 PM »

Hello, everyone.

HAPPY EASTER to all who celebrate it.

A very relaxed and pleasant Sunday for the rest of us.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2010, 01:01:03 PM »

DR JMK, how horrible! I hope all it taken care of soon and you are able to calm your nerves.

Continued vibes to Betsy, who clearly didn't need this (or you). No, no, no! Let me rephrase; I meant neither one of you needed a break-in!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 01:07:23 PM by Jeanne »

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2010, 01:01:43 PM »

I celebrated by going to the office and balancing my trust account. I did have church services on TV while I did it.  I also broke down and got some larger sized jeans.  I'm back in my old size again, which I'm not happy about, but man they are so much more comfortable

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2010, 01:02:11 PM »

I definitely need a major R&R day.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2010, 01:03:03 PM »

Loved the bunnies, Jane.

Cillaliz

« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2010, 01:03:10 PM »

I stopped at the grocery store and got a slice of ham, the fixings for cole slaw and some easter chocolate candies on sale.  I'll make some mashed potatoes and maybe even some deviled eggs a little later

Laura

« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2010, 01:04:04 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about the break-in, JMK. Our car was broken into last year on Good Friday. Nothing ever recovered.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2010, 01:04:22 PM »

VIBES TO JMK~~  Did the burglers hit anyone else in the neighborhood?    BTW, have they evere arrested anyone in the murder of your neighbor?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2010, 01:04:22 PM »

I also broke down and got some larger sized jeans.  I'm back in my old size again, which I'm not happy about, but man they are so much more comfortable

Cilla, I know all too well what you mean. sigh.

Laura

« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2010, 01:05:14 PM »

Thanks for the answer about the rib roast. My DH wants to pick up a rib roast and have the butcher make it into steaks. He says a prime rib roast is only good for one meal -- reheating ruins it. I disagree with him.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2010, 01:05:25 PM »

The girls are very happy that I'm home today.  they were chasing each other and jumping around.  It was very cute

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2010, 01:06:03 PM »

PERSONAL-PROPERTY PROTECTION VIBES to ALL DRs!

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2010, 01:06:36 PM »

I also broke down and got some larger sized jeans.  I'm back in my old size again, which I'm not happy about, but man they are so much more comfortable

One would think that powerwashing and raking would take off at least 10 pounds, lol.  Guess one would be wrong. ;)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2010, 01:08:28 PM »

Sorry to read about the burglary, DR JMK. I think a thief is lower than low to take things that others work so hard to get. I used to tell my kids at school that, too. I HATE a thief.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: April 04, 2010, 01:08:30 PM »

One would think that powerwashing and raking would take off at least 10 pounds, lol.  Guess one would be wrong. ;)

Well, I suspect it would have if you'd done all the sidewalks, too.   ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: April 04, 2010, 01:09:16 PM »

I'm thinking about going out to Menards to pick out my part of the fence for the project on the side of my house.  I only need about 6-10 feet of it, so it won't be too expensive.  I'm also going to check out their replacement windows, that is if they have installers.  I'm just not wild about the way the Pella windows look, and for the price, I should be jumping for joy.  Guess I'll keep looking

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2010, 01:10:03 PM »

Well, I suspect it would have if you'd done all the sidewalks, too.   ;)

OH!  I knew I forgot something :D

Matt H.

« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2010, 01:10:32 PM »

I saw the kinescope of WONDERFUL TOWN at the Museum of Television and Radio. I wish there was a market for the kinescopes of those wonderful 50s versions of Broadway shows. There are plenty I'd love to have.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2010, 01:11:36 PM »

I had several Andersen windows in my last house. Granted, they had fake mullions instead of true divided light, but they were well-made and I never had any trouble with them.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2010, 01:12:28 PM »

Thieves are bad.  I had the same thing happen at my old house - someone on my street had the same frequency or whatever on their garage door opener - ridiculous.  I'd come home to find my garage door open.  Most of the time it was fine, but it happened in the middle of the night one night and when I came out in the morning, paintings were gone, along with some older hi-fi stuff.  Sickening.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2010, 01:12:58 PM »

I had some bacon and eggs at Jerry's.  I have prepped the announcement for the new release and it's all ready to go at six in the morning.

Matt H.

« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2010, 01:13:08 PM »

I did get that last PERRY MASON show watched. Lots of guest stars: Philip Ober, J. Pat O'Malley, Robert Lowery, Harry Carey, Jr., Bruce Bennett. I guessed the killer, then changed my mind, then jumped back to the correct one, but I don't think that counts as a win.

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: April 04, 2010, 01:14:22 PM »

I had several Andersen windows in my last house. Granted, they had fake mullions instead of true divided light, but they were well-made and I never had any trouble with them.

Thanks Jeanne, I looked at Andersen's and liked them.  The problem is that they are only sold at Home Depot here and they don't have a contractor who installs them.  There are a couple reputable dealers in the phone book who do installation.  Not sure what lines they carry or if they would install what I get on my own.  I'm going to call tomorrow for estimates

Matt H.

« Reply #144 on: April 04, 2010, 01:15:15 PM »

While I ate lunch, I watched another NCIS episode from season two since the disc was still in the player. This was one involving the agents with a nightclub and a man who kept his singers and dancers under a VERY binding contract.

Cillaliz

« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2010, 01:16:13 PM »

On the window front, I'm ok with fiberglass windows in every room but the living and dining rooms.  There is nice woodwork in those rooms so I need wood on the inside even if clad with something on the outside

Matt H.

« Reply #146 on: April 04, 2010, 01:17:20 PM »

Then I began on the DVR shows I had saved up. I began with FLASH FORWARD. SOme really unpleasant killingers during the show's first half hour, and then some manipulative drama near the end that really made me lose patience with the show. I may be dropping this since there was NO good reason for the decisions made at the end of the hour except to cause angst and more melodrama. It's insulting to the intelligence to see them put this kind of stuff in the show just to get to a pre-determined end point.

Matt H.

« Reply #147 on: April 04, 2010, 01:18:01 PM »

Then I watched SUPERNATURAL which had a very unique depiction of heaven that was most tantalizing. I really loved the episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #148 on: April 04, 2010, 01:18:42 PM »

SPARTACUS came next. Wow! They really took a big leap ahead with Spartacus finding out the truth about the death of his wife. I figured that wasn't going to happen for at least two more seasons.

Matt H.

« Reply #149 on: April 04, 2010, 01:20:27 PM »

I saw the last disc in the HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER set sitting over on the sofa, so I decided I'd go ahead and watch some of those, hopefully to finish up with it in another day or so.

The shows are only sporadically funny, and when the focus isn't on Barney, they're RARELY funny. Still I got two more watched on that disc which leaves about six more on the disc.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up