Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE INDIANA BRAIN  (Read 13052 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: THE INDIANA BRAIN
« Reply #240 on: April 17, 2010, 07:11:07 PM »

DR ELMORE - do you need a copy of the program from BRAINEX INDIANA with your Orchestrations by credit?

DR JRand59, I would love to have a program! Thank you for asking.

I've had a really productive day: I got some writing on Victor Herbert accomplished, I spent some time on the initial stages of vegetable beef soup, making a very rich beef-tomato stock by cooking a lot of beef, onion, garlic, bay leaf, chopped cabbage, cauliflower, and tomatoes for around four hours. Tomorrow I will throw in the chopped potatoes, carrots, corn, green beans, lima beans, and peas, and cook the shebang all afternoon. I should end up with enogh soup to freeze a couple of quarts and still have enough to feed me for a couple of weeks. I also pulled things to ship to Ohio and moved sheet music and DVDs around to different shelves and filing drawers.

I'm back to Season Three of BONES; I think my favorite for the season is the Christmas one, with Bones' dad wanted a Christmas in jail, Booth dealing with Parker going to Vermont, and the murder of Kris Kringle. Patricia Belcher as Caroline the prosecuting attorney is one of my favorite characters, and she's in good form this episode.

So, back to BONES.

Yes, that's a really excellent episode of the show. I'll have to sort through the episodes to see if that ends up being my favorite of the season.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #241 on: April 17, 2010, 07:11:20 PM »

Safe flight home for BK.
You can dream…or you can do.

Matt H.

« Reply #242 on: April 17, 2010, 07:11:21 PM »

Page Nine Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #243 on: April 17, 2010, 07:13:32 PM »

And let's celebrate a really cute and loving couple while we're at it: David and Neil Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #244 on: April 17, 2010, 07:15:00 PM »

When RESURRECTION was done, I fished out one of my favorite CLOSER episodes: the two-part season two ender where Brenda must find out who murdered a teenaged boy AND snuff out a mole in the CIA.

FJL

« Reply #245 on: April 17, 2010, 07:15:32 PM »

Not making light of the truism, MattH - but ironically, one time many years ago, after the mental  agita of being told I'd gained 20 pounds between doctor's visits, I actually went on a binge of sorts in response and gained even more weight. 

The doctor really didn't make a big deal of it because all my "blood test numbers" were very good, but I remember thinking what an odd reaction I'd had to finding out I'd gained weight, to go eat even more!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #246 on: April 17, 2010, 07:17:41 PM »

DR JFL, it makes sense to me, you ate your worries about your weight away.

Jane

« Reply #247 on: April 17, 2010, 07:17:55 PM »

SAFE & EASY TRAVEL VIBES FOR BRUCE!!!

Jane

« Reply #248 on: April 17, 2010, 07:19:45 PM »

I lost so much weight after my surgery I had to work hard at keeping my weight up & then gaining it back.  Now I can't seem to stop eating. 

Jane

« Reply #249 on: April 17, 2010, 07:21:01 PM »

I did gain a little extra because the therapist kept complaining I was sliding on the table when he stretched my arm behind me.  He said I needed more weight.  I told him yesterday I'm still sliding & I refuse to gain anymore.

Cillaliz

« Reply #250 on: April 17, 2010, 07:27:30 PM »

We're close enough? 

No, you can never be close enough.

(that almost sounded like a line from ANNIE or something like that :) )

No, you're right, with the way Skip cooks, I can never be close enough!  I get hungry just looking at his facebook photos of food

Jane

« Reply #251 on: April 17, 2010, 07:28:53 PM »

I just found out my nephew was supposed to return home from London today.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #252 on: April 17, 2010, 07:29:29 PM »

When I went back down, I finished watching this week's episode of THE TUDORS. I've never read that Thomas Culpepper was a rapist and murderer. Amazing what you learn from TV!  :)

My memory of Culpepper is vague from the Alison Weir biographies. The other guy that was accused of adultery with Catherine Howard and executed for it had been carrying on with her from her adolescence. I like the fact that Lady Rochefort finally got killed; I always she deserved it for lying about her husband's incest with his sister Anne Boleyn to make herself a widow.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #253 on: April 17, 2010, 07:37:26 PM »

Elmore, you may get a kick out of a review I'm writing.  It's for a self produced album (and Blu-ray) of a Japanese singer who's attempting to recreate the classic pop singer era of the 1950's.  The entire review is about the genius of the orchestrations.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

« Reply #254 on: April 17, 2010, 07:53:23 PM »

When I went back down, I finished watching this week's episode of THE TUDORS. I've never read that Thomas Culpepper was a rapist and murderer. Amazing what you learn from TV!  :)

My memory of Culpepper is vague from the Alison Weir biographies. The other guy that was accused of adultery with Catherine Howard and executed for it had been carrying on with her from her adolescence. I like the fact that Lady Rochefort finally got killed; I always she deserved it for lying about her husband's incest with his sister Anne Boleyn to make herself a widow.

I was reading one last summer when I started having my trouble, and I never went back to it though I mean to eventually. Maybe I'll get some more pertinent facts when I do.

Matt H.

« Reply #255 on: April 17, 2010, 07:54:19 PM »

Since I slept poorly last night, I'll head down now and hope for better slumbers tonight.

Good night!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #256 on: April 17, 2010, 08:02:23 PM »

I shall send it along forthwith, DR ELMORE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

FJL

« Reply #257 on: April 17, 2010, 09:18:41 PM »

Sad to be all alone on HHW

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #258 on: April 17, 2010, 11:54:45 PM »

Congrats on the Indiana "Brain," BK, and good time that you had! 

Just had to get that in there. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #259 on: April 17, 2010, 11:55:11 PM »

DR JRand - I'm glad that you finally got to meet our very own bk as well as DR Pogue.  -And, again, I look forward to your pictures.

Ditto and ditto!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #260 on: April 18, 2010, 12:06:02 AM »

If you are on Facebook, you can view the photo album here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31165555&id=1388577304&saved#!/album.php?aid=2058640&id=1388577304&ref=mf

Great photos, JRand!  I hope that I can get some good ones from our production!

George

« Reply #261 on: April 18, 2010, 12:10:14 AM »

Friday night, there was a fund-raiser for Theater Artists Olympia and two songs from The Brain From Planet X were performed...this is the only picture that I've been able to find (so far) that's been posted (the date on the photo is, of course, wrong).  They're singing "The Plan."  From the left is Lauren (who plays Yoni), then Matt (the Brain) and Paul (Zubrick):

They are not in costume. ;)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 12:58:52 AM by George »

George

« Reply #262 on: April 18, 2010, 12:33:24 AM »

Never had a moon pie. Don't even know what a moon pie is.

But I do love Chalava, (Marbled or chocolate covered)

Favorite Canadian chocolate bars

Coffee Crisp
Aero
Mr. Big

I honestly had no idea that aero and coffee crisp were not available in the US. I would think that aero would be very popular.  Very weird to me that we have different chocolate bars.

I love Coffee Crisp and have gotten them in Bellingham when I was going to college, and here in Olympia at a couple of local specialty shops. :D

George

« Reply #263 on: April 18, 2010, 12:38:14 AM »

Hi all!  Just when you thought I was gone, here I am!   

I'm finely starting to get settled down in the house.  Lord, I can't even BEGIN to tell you how nice it is to be back home!

I'm getting things back in order bit by bit.  Funny how some things work out.  People came and stole my ladders and my glider.  Thelma asked the lady who lived across the street from her if I could have her ladders since she was moving into a condo so I have both a 6 ft A frame and an extension ladder once again.

I bought a new glider (wood this time) but went ahead and chained it to the porch pole anyway.   So some of the things that were taken are replaced.

Yesterday, I picked up my newest member of our family, Toby, who is a little 7 month old boxer mix.  I had a feeling that he and Sheena would hit it off and I was very right!   :) 

I just don't want to take Sheena to the dog park any more.  To many fights--humans not dogs--and I know for a fact that people drop their unwanted dogs off there but I heard that the last ones had parvo. 

That really made my mind up to never go back but Sheena was so lonely and really missed playing with the other dogs.  Toby is going to keep her very busy.  They played all day today and are now pooped out on the floor and couch. 

Welcome back, Danise!!  That's too bad about the theft, but it's nice that you were able to get the ladders replaced for free!  And congrats on the new family member! ;D

George

« Reply #264 on: April 18, 2010, 12:39:50 AM »

George

« Reply #265 on: April 18, 2010, 12:48:14 AM »

Here is a picture of my cousin Malinda and her now husband Jason.  (They have been living together for eight years and have three children, but their wedding today was truly lovely).
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs457.snc3/26144_382864479269_765549269_3928630_1087904_n.jpg

Congrats to the newlyweds!

George

« Reply #266 on: April 18, 2010, 12:51:37 AM »

I hope it all works out in your favor at some point soon, DR Danise!

DITTO!!

George

« Reply #267 on: April 18, 2010, 01:04:08 AM »

~~~TRAVEL VIBES FOR BK!!~~~

George

« Reply #268 on: April 18, 2010, 01:11:34 AM »

Well, I need to get to sleep.  I have to get up in the morning (not too early, though) and go to my sister's house and feed her cats, then come back home and watch some TV...that was supposed to be my evening after rehearsal today, but I visited my friend Margo for a few, then had to feed my sister's boyfriend's cat since he went with my sister and my niece to visit our cousins in Oregon, then I did a few other things and I finally caught up on HHW without watching any TV.  I still have "Fringe," "FlashForward" and "Lost" to watch!

George

« Reply #269 on: April 18, 2010, 01:11:43 AM »

And since we're so close...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up