Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MEAT OF THINGS  (Read 11471 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re: THE MEAT OF THINGS
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2010, 10:39:55 AM »

* * * * *  HEALTH VIBES FOR DR GINNY'S DN/GODDAUGHTER LAUREN  * * * * *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2010, 10:41:44 AM »

Thank you, DR Dan(the Man)!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2010, 10:42:57 AM »

Page Three Dance:

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2010, 10:54:29 AM »

Still no VAIO.

DR JOSE - you are quite the traveler.

DR JRand - I hope you get your computer back sooner rather than later. Compared to the current MacBook's a G4 is kind of a "toy".

As for today's travel, well... I was toying with heading down this week for a brief visit to coincide with a couple of things going on here in Richmond this week, and, once I saw JetBlue's sale, well... -The round-trip cost less than my usual Chinatown bus ticket! -As well as saving me from 10 additional hours of travel time.  I actually have a reception down here in Richmond next Tuesday that I'd like to attend, so, hopefully, JetBlue will run another $10 sale next week. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2010, 11:00:53 AM »

Oh...

If you'd like to know what I was up to this past weekend, CLICK HERE.

*Alas, I did not win, but I sure did have a lot of fun. In fact, it looks like everyone did.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2010, 11:25:11 AM »

And now... Lunch!

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2010, 11:34:01 AM »

This is a day when I don't quite know what I'm doing.  There are things to be done, but everything seems like a blur.  I know I have a staff meeting and then I have to cover a Little Shop... rehearsal for a friend of mine.  A little less than 30 days of school left, maybe that's where my head is.  I'm hoping bk's book arrives today!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2010, 11:35:48 AM »

Loved Adele.....married to Glenn Langan, I think.

You're thinking of Adele Jergens, who was married to Langan.

Adele Mara was married to producer Roy Huggins.
You can dream…or you can do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2010, 11:40:12 AM »

I really love some of the "small touches" the producers of "Chuck" have been employing.

Last night, there were two simply wonderful ones that made me laugh with delight!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2010, 11:40:48 AM »

Does nobody name their daughters Adele any longer?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2010, 12:04:40 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2010, 12:15:22 PM »

The frustrating day continues: I ordered from an Amazon.com vendor what I thought was a vocal score for Victor Herbert's operetta THE SERENADE. Well, it is. Sort of. Kessinger has reprinted the vocal score, which is about 8x11 inches, then cut it down - not reduced it - to fit a 6x9 binding: the sides of the music are cut off and the bottom stave of the piano is missing. Try explaining this to a non-musician. and the asses charged me $30 for this piec e of crap. So, i'm raising hell with amazon as well as the marketplace vendor since Kessinger, the reprint house, refuses to put their address on this product. I am very annoyed at the moment.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2010, 12:28:24 PM »

The frustrating day continues: I ordered from an Amazon.com vendor what I thought was a vocal score for Victor Herbert's operetta THE SERENADE. Well, it is. Sort of. Kessinger has reprinted the vocal score, which is about 8x11 inches, then cut it down - not reduced it - to fit a 6x9 binding: the sides of the music are cut off and the bottom stave of the piano is missing. Try explaining this to a non-musician. and the asses charged me $30 for this piec e of crap. So, i'm raising hell with amazon as well as the marketplace vendor since Kessinger, the reprint house, refuses to put their address on this product. I am very annoyed at the moment.

DR elmore - Well, here's what comes up on the web:

Kessinger Publishing
PO Box 1404
Whitefish, MT 59937-1404

(406) 862-7674 or
(406) 756-0167 or
(605) 892-0560
(605) 892-0561 (fax?)

www.kessinger.net
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2010, 12:41:10 PM »

Kessinger Publishing
PO Box 1404
Whitefish, MT 59937-1404

(406) 862-7674 or
(406) 756-0167 or
(605) 892-0560
(605) 892-0561 (fax?)

www.kessinger.net

I know from personal experience no one plays piano with their left hand in Whitefish.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2010, 12:55:04 PM »

Back from some poached eggs on toast and white rice.  Am about to watch a motion picture for our upcoming release - must write the liner notes later today.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2010, 12:55:20 PM »

Kessinger Publishing
PO Box 1404
Whitefish, MT 59937-1404

(406) 862-7674 or
(406) 756-0167 or
(605) 892-0560
(605) 892-0561 (fax?)

www.kessinger.net

I did find the address on their site and the letter is written and mailed. Their catalogue information on each item is pathetic.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2010, 12:59:38 PM »

I've had a busy day of viewing thus far.

I began with last night's NURSE JACKIE episode. Harvey Fierstein was the guest star as a man with a dying lover. He's reluctant to pull the plug and goes through agony trying to decide.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2010, 01:04:39 PM »

I really love some of the "small touches" the producers of "Chuck" have been employing.

Last night, there were two simply wonderful ones that made me laugh with delight!

And the episode irritated me beyond belief, at least the Ellie scenes did. Argh! That same tired old plot device of keeping secrets from your loved ones that leads the person into getting into tons of trouble. I am SICK of this.

All of the Buy More stuff with the returning girl friend I skimmed right over. I hate all of those characters apart from Morgan and he's getting tiresome.

And as for Chuck's dilemma. I had the tooth thing figured out long before they arrived at the answer. And, like on MEDIUM, the powers that be always doubt Chuck even when he's proven himself right time after time.

Nice to see Brandon Routh guest starring again, and I have hopes he's going to turn up for the season finale episode since it looks like that's where things are leading.

Matt H.

« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2010, 01:07:19 PM »

While I ate lunch I watched last night's CASTLE. I arrived at the solution to the mystery mere minutes before it was revealed, but it was a good mystery and an excellent episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2010, 01:09:12 PM »

I noticed that TCM-HD was showing some Miss Marple movies today. I caught parts of MURDER AHOY and MURDER MOST FOUL, and they both looked simply wonderful in HD, very crisp with great contrast and black levels. I didn't have time to linger on them, but I'm sure they'll be around again in HD, and I'll record them the next time around.

Matt H.

« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2010, 01:11:29 PM »

Then I watched my work project for the day: MARKED FOR DEATH with Steven Seagal. Pretty bad. Acting mostly atrocious except from Keith David who acted circles around everyone else. All about Jamaican drug gangs and voodoo, it was pretty trite and instantly forgettable.

There are a few guys on my worksite who are big fans of this movie. Just goes to show that there is an audience for EVERY movie no matter how terrible or trying.

Matt H.

« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2010, 01:12:40 PM »

There were no bonus features at all on the Blu-ray of MARKED FOR DEATH, not even a trailer, so that opened up some time in the afternoon for additional viewing.

This is when I took the time to watch last night's CHUCK. (See above.)

Matt H.

« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2010, 01:13:07 PM »

Then I skimmed through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. Nothing of interest, but the fellas were in the previews for tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »

Since I had watched tiny parts of those Miss Marple movies, I took MURDER AHOY on DVD off the shelf and began watching that. I only got about 20 minutes in, but I'll finish it when I go downstairs in a bit.

Jennifer

« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2010, 01:16:30 PM »

Health vibes for DR Ginny's DN Lauren. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2010, 01:18:51 PM »

I just found out something that really gets my allergies going. Fresly cut grass!  It's almost as bad for me as perfume or cigarette smoke. My eyes were burning. :(

(luckily i was not cutting grass just near it).

Jennifer

« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2010, 01:19:31 PM »

Today is my aunt's birthday. I made her a honey cake, since that is one of her favorites. Then my dad apparently announced that this was his favorite cake too. So i made an extra for him.

Jennifer

« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2010, 01:21:04 PM »

Tonight we are going for Chinese food (one of my favorites). And Sunday it is my niece's first birthday party. And it will also be at a chinese restaurant. Although the one on sunday will be a buffet. So far there are 72 people attending.

I wonder if she will hate it since she doesn't really like strangers too much. Although i suspect she will be fine as long as she has food and is not expected to be held by all these 72 people.

Jennifer

« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2010, 01:22:34 PM »

I'm not sure what i'll get around to watching tonight. Defintely DWTS results.

DR Cillaliz have you chosen your favorite yet?  My favorite is nicole and derek. Followed by evan and anna. I do like maks and erin. But like the other two teams better.

I"m not that crazy about chad and cheryl. I have not found his dancing to be too great. Niecy is actually growing on me. I love her personality. And i actually think she was better than chad. Although i'd suspect he is more popular.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up