Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MOOT  (Read 14206 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: MOOT
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2010, 11:35:05 AM »

Or is it HAINES STREET?  ???
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2010, 11:37:50 AM »

I'm assuming that the CD used the poster art, but I love this CD cover:

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2010, 11:40:44 AM »

Good morning - I already know more awaits me in the office than is humanly possibleto handle - and that is before the first phone call comes...

I need to win teh Lotto - I don't need a big win - if I could walk away with say $500,000 cash ... after taxes....I could be set...

ah well.. I can dream can;t I?

We can share that dream, Debra!!!!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2010, 11:43:12 AM »

I also really like:

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2010, 11:45:06 AM »

I love the movie "Mootiny on the Bounty".
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2010, 11:53:01 AM »

DR Cillaliz i am also cheering for Derek and Nicole on DANCING WITH THE STARS. And i truly think they will win.

re: last night's show I think they did the best. Although i was so upset for them that they partially missed that last lift. That freestyle routine was amazing and they would have gotten all 10s.

It's sort of an advantage for them that derek has been in the finals so many times. And he knows exactly what to do for a freestyle. Anna seemed so out of her element, i felt bad for her. I didn't love their routine but i thought it was better than what the judges were saying about it.

I wasn't crazy about erin's final dance. I think she lost the title there (not sure that she ever could have win).

I think based on the season and on last night's momentum i would be surprised if nicole did not win. Although it is definitely possible that evan could pull it off. But i don't think that many people would have voted for him based on what he did last night. I know i was voting for both evan and nicole all season. But last night i only voted for nicole.

If I were voting, I wouldn't vote for Derek.  He may be a splendid dancer, but his dancing calls attention all to himself -- and some rather unappealing pelvis twitching that seems to be his trademark.  It's his partner who should shine, and she doesn't.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2010, 12:21:53 PM »

Love many of the posters shared here.  Sadly, my samples are on my home computer, but they include the film poster (half-sheet) of "There's No Business Like Show Business", the British quad for "The Robe" and the one-sheet for "The Egyptian".

I also love the original one-sheet for "The Sound of Music".

One of the prizes in my theater card collection is the one for "Mack and Mabel". I also love "Dream Girls" and "A Chorus Line" (original).

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2010, 12:41:11 PM »

So, today I received this 5-disc DVD box set that I bought through Amazon Marketplace.

:)

I opened the mailer and, guess what!

???

The outer box with the art work was there, but there were no DVDs inside.

:o

I called the guy, and he was also shocked.

:o   :o   :o

Evidently, this box had been on display in his store, and (to prevent theft) the discs were kept elsewhere.

:-[

However, all's well that ends well.

;)

He found the discs and is sending them overnight UPS to me.

;D
You can dream…or you can do.

George

« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2010, 12:45:47 PM »

Good news, Druxy!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2010, 12:55:49 PM »

I shall now be on my way to my lunch appointment, after which I shall pick up at least two packages and then I'll be back to finish the liner notes for our next release.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2010, 12:58:27 PM »

It has been rightfully pointed out to me that the spelling of pus is pus not puss.  However, I chose the latter spelling because pus spelled backwards is sup and the thought of sup and pus together makes me want to vomit on the ground.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2010, 01:05:24 PM »

It has been rightfully pointed out to me that the spelling of pus is pus not puss.  However, I chose the latter spelling because pus spelled backwards is sup and the thought of sup and pus together makes me want to vomit on the ground.

LOL!

Doesn't the object of your use of the word also make you want to vomit on the ground?  ;)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2010, 01:15:02 PM »

That is probably why my children's book PUS IN BOOTS didn't sell...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2010, 03:26:14 PM »

That is probably why my children's book PUS IN BOOTS didn't sell...

Maybe you just weren't marketing it to the right demographic. :-X

;)

Jennifer

« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2010, 03:38:24 PM »

DR Cillaliz i am also cheering for Derek and Nicole on DANCING WITH THE STARS. And i truly think they will win.

re: last night's show I think they did the best. Although i was so upset for them that they partially missed that last lift. That freestyle routine was amazing and they would have gotten all 10s.

It's sort of an advantage for them that derek has been in the finals so many times. And he knows exactly what to do for a freestyle. Anna seemed so out of her element, i felt bad for her. I didn't love their routine but i thought it was better than what the judges were saying about it.

I wasn't crazy about erin's final dance. I think she lost the title there (not sure that she ever could have win).

I think based on the season and on last night's momentum i would be surprised if nicole did not win. Although it is definitely possible that evan could pull it off. But i don't think that many people would have voted for him based on what he did last night. I know i was voting for both evan and nicole all season. But last night i only voted for nicole.

If I were voting, I wouldn't vote for Derek.  He may be a splendid dancer, but his dancing calls attention all to himself -- and some rather unappealing pelvis twitching that seems to be his trademark.  It's his partner who should shine, and she doesn't.

I totally disagree. I find him to be an incredible choreographer. And to me he calls much less attention to himself than someone like maks.  I think that nicole shines in every dance that she does with derek. Just my opinion.

Jennifer

« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2010, 03:38:56 PM »

I have 100 pages left of a book i need to read by tomorrow night.

That should take somewhere under 2 hours.

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2010, 03:40:18 PM »

I'm not sure what i will watch tonight. I will probably fast forward thru IDOL. And then start DWTS late. There are supposed to be a lot of new dances. So it might actually be an interesting show. I don't think i will get to GLEE or THE GOOD WIFE tonight.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2010, 03:40:19 PM »

Oh, most assuredly.

LOL!

Doesn't the object of your use of the word also make you want to vomit on the ground?  ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2010, 03:40:48 PM »

Had a lovelier than lovely lunch meeting with at least one surprising turn of events - a good turn of events, or at least the start of one.

Jennifer

« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2010, 03:43:36 PM »

I am uploading photos to my mom's costco account while i post here.

I can do 10 at a time.

They are having a sale. But i have to then order the pictures i want. ANd my mom made a list of a lot that she and my dad want. So i'll have to enter all those pics too.

And since i scrapbook i have a bunch i want.

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2010, 03:44:35 PM »

They only take a couple minutes to load each 10. So that is good.

I hope i can read the notes my mom wrote for the pictures she wrote.

But i guess since she is paying for the pictures i will print all the ones she wants!

Jennifer

« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2010, 03:45:22 PM »

These are pics from march/april and may. And i've taken like 300 in the last week. Although i only want less than 30 of them!

Jennifer

« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2010, 03:45:52 PM »

I should read while i wait!

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2010, 03:46:01 PM »

In between posts of course.

Jennifer

« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2010, 03:55:14 PM »

This is what i wanted to post for DR Jane the other day re: MEDIUM. It is not a spoiler re: the finale per se. But this piece of info does relate to something that happens on the finale.

re:Sofia Vassilieva the actress who i really like who plays Ariel:
http://community.livejournal.com/vassilieva_fans/17004.html

Jennifer

« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2010, 03:56:21 PM »

I don't know why i waited until now to upload all the photos at once. Costco here lets you upload a photo album. So i could have done a few at a time. :(

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2010, 04:00:45 PM »

I totally disagree. I find him to be an incredible choreographer. And to me he calls much less attention to himself than someone like maks.  I think that nicole shines in every dance that she does with derek. Just my opinion.

And I totally disagree.  He might be a good choreographer, but I've never seen a female dancer twitch herself across a dance floor like Derek does.  I'm embarrassed for him every time I watch him.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2010, 04:21:58 PM »

Thanks Jennifer.  We don't get CW.  I'm not sure I would want to watch anyway, a little maybe to see Sofia.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2010, 04:29:40 PM »

Last week while walking in the park I saw flowers in the creek I've never noticed before.  I don't know what they are.

Laura

« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2010, 04:39:08 PM »

How pretty, Jane.
"That's a lotta hamsters."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up