Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CONTENTED COW  (Read 36612 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE CONTENTED COW
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2010, 11:50:03 AM »

Well we got the lights all set, but I only did a few cues.....Mr Tim is going to finish them up tomorrow when I bring him my paper, which he already has, but he must have forgotten, so I will give him another copy.

BUT tragedy struck BLITHE SPIRIT last night - yes TRAGEDY.

When Charles first sees his wife Elvira as a ghost, he drops the glass of whiskey he just poured for himself.  Fine and dandy except last night, Charles had poured himself a martini....I specifically purchased HEAVY whiskey glasses so it would survive the fall.....not so the lovely GOLD-RIMMED martini glasses....CRASH!!!!   Broken.....and I just had enough of the martini glasses with gold rims to match the number of martinis he makes....and now I am short one.

It is a tragedy.....but the play will go on....I guess.

No. The show MUST go on. Even as things shatter around us.

So buy a cheap clear martini glass and paint a gold rim on it

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2010, 11:50:48 AM »

It's raining here in Austin.

Probably an off-shoot of the hurricane down in the Gulf.
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2010, 11:51:55 AM »

I rented ALICE IN WONDERLAND for my wife and I to watch tonight.
You can dream…or you can do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2010, 11:52:34 AM »

For those who are still reading "Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest," let me explain further: I read the last 300 pages in a day, rarely stopping to put the book down and loved most every minute, but I will say I had a few problems, which I won't go into yet because I don't care for all the spoiler alerts. Let's just say, if the author had lived, there might have been a few changes made.

As for the first book, I loved it once I finished it, but I stopped about a third of the way through, took a few months' off and then picked it up again. The beginning was a bit slow going, but I felt the ending more than made up for it.

I almost finished it last night.  It was 2:30 and i just couldn't stay awake any longer, but I'm down to about a chapter and a half.  I really did slog through the beginning of this book and I think most of it could have been eliminated, just my two cents.  The book really did pick up and got very good.   I don't know if I'll like the end yet, because I'm not there

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2010, 11:53:00 AM »

The weather here has been odd.  Mornings are overcast and sort of chilly, and by one it's sunny and very hot - that may not be the case today, though - pretty overcast out.

Cillaliz

« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2010, 11:56:10 AM »

Well we got the lights all set, but I only did a few cues.....Mr Tim is going to finish them up tomorrow when I bring him my paper, which he already has, but he must have forgotten, so I will give him another copy.

BUT tragedy struck BLITHE SPIRIT last night - yes TRAGEDY.

When Charles first sees his wife Elvira as a ghost, he drops the glass of whiskey he just poured for himself.  Fine and dandy except last night, Charles had poured himself a martini....I specifically purchased HEAVY whiskey glasses so it would survive the fall.....not so the lovely GOLD-RIMMED martini glasses....CRASH!!!!   Broken.....and I just had enough of the martini glasses with gold rims to match the number of martinis he makes....and now I am short one.

It is a tragedy.....but the play will go on....I guess.

No. The show MUST go on. Even as things shatter around us.

So buy a cheap clear martini glass and paint a gold rim on it

Or a plastic martini glass and paint a gold rim on it.  Safer

Cillaliz

« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2010, 12:03:05 PM »

I'm not in a very good mood today.   It's lovely out and I really don't want to be at the office. I've come and gone several times so far today.  I have an appointment at 2:00 PM and I may just leave after that.  That assumes that my appointment shows up.  Lovely days have a way of making people forget about appointments!  I really don't have too many no shows, though

Cillaliz

« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2010, 12:03:16 PM »

I'll have to think about recipe of the day

Cillaliz

« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2010, 12:06:00 PM »

Looks like we aren't going to paint Santana on the water tower.  The guy in charge said he had to clear the design with Santana.  Since the guy in charge didn't get the design from Paul until yesterday and the festival is Saturday, Paul decided to do the Santana on a huge canvas and hang it on the outside of a friend's house across the street from the park.  He has a friend who will paint something else on the space he was going to use on the water tower.  We are going to touch up all the stuff from past years and I can still help Mark with his part, but it won't be the same. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2010, 12:12:36 PM »

I'm also so disgusted with HWHC not responding to things like the 45 pages of guidelines I sent to him and am creating to save his butt, or my resignation from his group - wouldn't you think the chair of a board would respond to a resignation letter?  I received a response from 2 other board members.  HWHC claims his hard drive crashed, but he has posted on FB to others. So I left a hard copy of both in his office today.  Still no response.  I am really glad I left that group, but I am very po'd that he isn't being very professional about the work I'm trying to get feedback on. 

OTOH I've taken the same work to the Commission I was just appointed to.  The project would go through them eventually. Anyway, I get the impression the chair there doesn't like the way I did it.  I was irritated for about a minute then I realize that  it's feedback and he knows what it needs to look like.  I decided I'd rather start over and maybe get some help from some other people than blindly try to make my way through a very big project without any guidance.

Cillaliz

« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2010, 12:14:35 PM »

Of course the new chair already told me he likes the part that I worked the hardest on, so I really think it will just be revisions, and that's fine and dandy.  Hey, I'd gladly start from scratch if need be.   What I've completed could easily be transformed into something else so it wouldn't go to waste

Cillaliz

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2010, 12:16:49 PM »

But that still doesn't excuse HWHC not responding to work he assigned to me or to my resignation.  I got so tired of waiting for a response I texted and said he was the reason I quit the group....sort of true but not really, he didn't answer that either.   JERK!!! no he's a jerkasaurus rex!

The good thing is, once I get this project done for his group, I won't have any more direct involvement on projects with him and can totally move on....
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 12:19:12 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2010, 12:19:44 PM »

HEALTH AND SELLING PROPERTY VIBES TO DR ELMORE

Cillaliz

« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2010, 12:20:03 PM »

VIBES TO ALL WHO NEED THEM~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2010, 12:20:23 PM »

It's 2:20 and my 2:00 hasn't shown up....figures

Laura

« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2010, 12:39:05 PM »

Wash that man right outa your hair, Cillaliz. Don't give him the satisfaction of knowing he's got you upset. He's not worth your time.

Laura

« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2010, 12:39:35 PM »

Here's something to do while awaiting your appointment, Cillaliz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=994yMwokXYg

Jennifer

« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »

For those who are still reading "Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest," let me explain further: I read the last 300 pages in a day, rarely stopping to put the book down and loved most every minute, but I will say I had a few problems, which I won't go into yet because I don't care for all the spoiler alerts. Let's just say, if the author had lived, there might have been a few changes made.

As for the first book, I loved it once I finished it, but I stopped about a third of the way through, took a few months' off and then picked it up again. The beginning was a bit slow going, but I felt the ending more than made up for it.

I almost finished it last night.  It was 2:30 and i just couldn't stay awake any longer, but I'm down to about a chapter and a half.  I really did slog through the beginning of this book and I think most of it could have been eliminated, just my two cents.  The book really did pick up and got very good.   I don't know if I'll like the end yet, because I'm not there

I liked the book but thought the end was dragged out a bit.

Ginny

« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2010, 01:02:37 PM »

Hi from Apple!  Using an iPad for the first time.  I just bought anew printer and Richards computer is having some minor surgery.  We'll go to dinner and come back for it.  Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2010, 02:02:25 PM »

I wish I had thought to run my errands this morning; it is 108 now.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2010, 02:16:58 PM »

Wash that man right outa your hair, Cillaliz.

:)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2010, 02:21:47 PM »

I had to replay to watch Barnum in the white stuff again.  Thanks for the video.  You (and Sandra?) have created a great play area for the kittens.  Are any of them cuddling yet?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2010, 02:45:23 PM »

Con Edison, our electric company, is not coping well with the heat andthis bodes poorly for the rest of the summer. I'm also finding my computer acting up today and I'm wondering if it's because of Con Ed's problems.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2010, 03:20:09 PM »

Has anyone tried to order anything from Amazon.com today and failed? I can't tell if it's my computer, Con Edison, or something global!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2010, 03:20:39 PM »

Get me off this damn page.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2010, 03:21:01 PM »

I blame JMK - Jose I blame for other things and the list is growing by the minute :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2010, 03:22:49 PM »

I thought I didn't have much to do today, and yet - I got a new bunch of orders, which included five more book orders (I'm getting close to having to reorder again - a good thing) and several Promises orders.  So, I addressed those packages, shipped out the books, and prepared all the paperwork for the handful of dealer orders for Promises.  My new sheets finally arrived today, so I'll wash them and use them this very evening.

Cillaliz

« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2010, 03:26:56 PM »

LOL!  They are so cute... Boo wants to know if she can visit...

Cillaliz

« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2010, 03:30:51 PM »

Thanks Laura.  When I was little my mom used to sing "I'm Gonna Wash that Man Right Out of My Hair"  I sang it before I had any idea how a man could get in your hair.  He finally said he would give me his comments on the work I did.  That's all I want. I need his feedback because he chairs 2 of the 3 groups that have to approve the goofy things.   As soon as this project is over, there will be no need to work with him again

Cillaliz

« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2010, 03:31:22 PM »

Of course he didn't talk to me, he hid behind his computer screen when I walked past his office to go to my car.  He did respond to a text message.  What a wimp
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up