Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: 1000 CDS  (Read 40318 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: 1000 CDS
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2010, 12:48:30 PM »

It's also gorgeous in the Pacific NW, and it's about time after the rainiest spring on record.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2010, 12:48:59 PM »

I have to get screencaptures done and watch 5-6 BD's before we leave so that I can take notes and then write the actual reviews whilst on the road.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2010, 12:50:37 PM »

May I just say that taking screencaps is a pain in the you know what, as the bulk of my assigned titles are "live" things like opera, ballets and concerts which are typically 1080i, belying their television origins.  That means I have to find moments of relative stillness so that I don't get combing artifacts (from the interlaced images) on my screencaps.  That of course is next to impossible with ballet.  A lot of my ballet reviews have lovely screencaps of the curtain.  :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2010, 12:50:47 PM »

This is my 23rd post (in binary.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2010, 12:51:19 PM »

COMBING ARTIFACTS is of course the name of my novel about a follically challenged individual.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2010, 12:52:23 PM »

I took Mom and her other half out for dinner last night. Chef Paul made her a special dessert and she got kisses from the waiters. I told her that her gift would be to take her and her other half to NY for the JEWS AND BASEBALL theatrical premiere, Nov. 4 (I think!). I hope some HHWers will be able to come and meet her since she's heard so much about the group (she's also a big fan of Guy Haines!)

She wants to go the the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, we'll probably catch a show or two, and of course the film. Any other things anyone thinks an 80 year old lady would like, I'm open for suggestions!

I don't know if she's up for standing and listening but we think the

Tenement Museum

on the Lower East Side is a wonderful place to visit

and the Museum of Sex!

I'm happy. My invoice payment has arrived. I'm going in for dental torture tomorrow!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2010, 02:04:31 PM »

I think the "hostages" look rather content. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2010, 02:06:21 PM »

Good morning.  Nice and bright and windy this morning.  Who knows what the day will bring.  I think the DP and I are going to head to one of those over priced shopping places.  I don't understand why people think it's important to have a Rodeo Drive sort of shopping area in the middle of a jungle. 

For ask BK day:  I was amused with the comments about the film "You Light Up My Life" in your recent book as I had asked about that film ages ago here on the board.  Any possibility of Kritzerland releasing the soundtrack?  I know it's cheezy, but cheezy is sometimes fun :)

No, we don't license from that particular rights' holder - too difficult.

Jane

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2010, 02:06:31 PM »

DR elmore,
DENTAL VIBES TOMORROW, MAY YOU FEEL BETTER NOT TORTURED!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2010, 02:07:34 PM »

BK, since a few others are asking about soundtracks today, how about a release of William Bolcom's score for "Illuminata"? I remember seeing the movie and loving the music from it.

What studio made the film?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2010, 02:08:06 PM »

Get me off this damn page.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2010, 02:09:36 PM »

I was up early, CDs arrived, Cason arrived and we got everything to the post office by noon and I'm here to tell you there was a lot to take over there.  I'm now down to one single box - so when twenty or thirty of that 100 are sold, we'll put up the sold out sign, and I'll keep the rest for emergencies.  I'm truly hoping people like it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2010, 02:09:56 PM »

Cason and I then went over to Mo's and had lunch and caught up - it was very nice.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2010, 02:10:39 PM »

I'm home now, and I am DONE for this day.  I'm exhausted.  Of course, three more orders came in so I'll have to package those up, but they won't go out until tomorrow so no hurry.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2010, 02:11:39 PM »

Had some good news in terms of the book - I'm doing a signing on August 10 at the Burbank Public Library - my first ever library signing and I'm very excited about it.

Also doing a radio interview on KFWB, I think, in about three weeks.  So, little by little.

Jane

« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2010, 02:19:29 PM »

Had some good news in terms of the book - I'm doing a signing on August 10 at the Burbank Public Library - my first ever library signing and I'm very excited about it.

Also doing a radio interview on KFWB, I think, in about three weeks.  So, little by little.

Nice on both counts.  Is the library signing at night?

Ginny

« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2010, 02:35:54 PM »

BK - great news about the library signing!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2010, 02:50:31 PM »

Yes, at seven.

KevinH

« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2010, 02:52:28 PM »

Hello again from Dublin--

Sorry I didn't write yesterday.  The hotel had 2 free computers that customers can use for 10 minutes.  Everytime I tried someone was using them.  And I would have gone to the internet place I'm writing from now, but I was just too tired!

KevinH

« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2010, 02:54:17 PM »

I took the hop-on, hop-off bus again yesterday (it's good for 3 days and I have to get my money's worth).  This time I got off at Dublin Castle.  Who knew there was a castle in the middle of the city?  It's not much from the outside, but very ornate on the inside.  And there was some interesting carpet, DR Laura.  I took a picture just for you!

KevinH

« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2010, 02:54:57 PM »

Now, if I can only try and post it.  Actually when I get to Scotland I'll be staying with friends.  Maybe they can do it for me!

KevinH

« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2010, 02:57:48 PM »

I took a bus tour yesterday that went north of the city and stopped at a place called Malahide Castle.  This one was a little more impressive from the outside.  The bus drove along the coast and we stopped for some pictures of Dublin Bay.

The weather has been good, actually.  Some sun, no rain until tonight.

KevinH

« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2010, 02:59:06 PM »

After the tour I went to the area known as Temple Bar, named after a place called, funnily enough, Temple Bar ( I guess it's famous).  I had a spaghetti dinner and walked around a little bit.

KevinH

« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2010, 03:00:02 PM »

Well, I just found out that the internet place is closing (11 pm), so, to be continued!

Laura

« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2010, 03:01:21 PM »

And there was some interesting carpet, DR Laura.  I took a picture just for you!

You will forevermore be looking at carpets, Kevin. I am so proud to have made a difference in your life.   ;D

Ben

« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2010, 03:18:06 PM »

I took the hop-on, hop-off bus again yesterday (it's good for 3 days and I have to get my money's worth).  This time I got off at Dublin Castle.  Who knew there was a castle in the middle of the city?  It's not much from the outside, but very ornate on the inside.  And there was some interesting carpet, DR Laura.  I took a picture just for you!

Did you get down underneath where the river runs? We loved the Castle tour.

We also went to Malahide Castle. A friend from Belfast took us there. It was decorated for Christmas (we were there in December of 2005), and we stayed at a place within walking distance of Temple Bar. We rented an apartment in a complex called Christchurch, just up the road from the church called, yes, Christchurch.

Oh, Dublin, I love you!!!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2010, 03:25:56 PM »

5:21 Cancun time and we are only on page 3?

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2010, 03:29:36 PM »

Yes, at seven.

Sounds like the publicist is doing well for you.
You can dream…or you can do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2010, 03:37:23 PM »

And there was some interesting carpet, DR Laura.  I took a picture just for you!

You will forevermore be looking at carpets, Kevin. I am so proud to have made a difference in your life.   ;D

Fiend! Another life destroyed. :-*
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2010, 03:46:28 PM »

Get me off this damn page.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up