Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: BITING THE DUST  (Read 44671 times)

Jennifer

Re: BITING THE DUST
« Reply #150 on: July 09, 2010, 06:07:20 PM »

DR RLP, any thoughts on BIG BROTHER, or have you watched it yet? There are some interesting contestants. I particularly like the Orthodox Jewish Podiatrist, the bisexual gal, and the High School gym coach.

I enjoyed last night's show. I keep forgetting to check hamsterwatch.com. I am not used to reading the spoilers this year.

I like the blonde young girl Britney. Although i hated how pitiful she was at the physical challenge. I liked the bisexual girl annie. But the more i saw of her i started not to like her. I really liked the gay guy (Ragan).I love that he is a college professor but didn't them to know. I love that he just modified his career to grad student. I disliked that andrew out and out lied about his job. I did not like monet (annoying girl who won $10K). Did not like New Jersey Enzo.  But we shall see.

Jennifer

« Reply #151 on: July 09, 2010, 06:08:32 PM »

I love that Betty White calendar.

Jennifer

« Reply #152 on: July 09, 2010, 06:09:03 PM »

We had the worst thunderstorms here today. Huge downpours. I can't remember such big downpours. It would come down, slow down and then start again. Scary.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #153 on: July 09, 2010, 06:24:42 PM »

While at Barnes and Noble I looked at their version of the Kindle.  I'm thinking about it.  I can try it for 14 days with a complete refund if I'm not happy. 

I asked the gentleman demonstrating it to pull up The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and did a check on the word dragon for me.  Sure enough, the dragon is only on Lisbeth's shoulder blade.  The only think in the movie I didn't like is that is covered her entire back. :P

If that's the only thing you didn't like, then you must have really liked the movie

LOL I did.  I still don't think the actress looks exactly right but that is forgivable.  I really hated the tattoo.

Jane

« Reply #154 on: July 09, 2010, 06:25:23 PM »

While at Barnes and Noble I looked at their version of the Kindle.  I'm thinking about it.  I can try it for 14 days with a complete refund if I'm not happy. 

I've been playing around with Borders' Kobo Reader and I think I may have to pick one up.
I came this close to selling one today while demonstrating it.
The couple took the literature with them, and hopefully will return to buy one.  (We only received five).

I thought you had a Kindle.

Jane

« Reply #155 on: July 09, 2010, 06:26:20 PM »

I hope they still have them when I return with Keith.  I need to read some reviews too.

Jane

« Reply #156 on: July 09, 2010, 06:28:19 PM »

The guy demonstrating the Kobo has one and obviously thinks it is great.  He told me about all the books I can download free from the library.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: July 09, 2010, 06:38:29 PM »

Here is a short article taken from today's NY Times about Mel Gibson being dropped by his agency.

July 9, 2010, 6:42 pm
Agency Drops Mel Gibson After Latest Episode
By BROOKS BARNES

Mel Gibson has been dumped by his agency.

A spokesman for William Morris Endeavor late Friday confirmed reports at Deadline.com and the HollywoodReporter.com that the agency told Mr. Gibson to find new representation. Agencies fire
clients routinely in Hollywood, although it is rare for an Oscar winner to receive such treatment.

The move came a week after RadarOnline.com published transcripts of Mr. Gibson threatening violence against his former girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva, and using racial slurs. The Los Angeles County Sherriff’s Department subsequently said it had opened a domestic violence investigation involving the pair.

Mr. Gibson’s longtime William Morris agent, Ed Limato, died on July 3. Mr. Limato moved to William Morris in 2008 from International Creative Management and brought Mr. Gibson with him. It was always an awkward arrangement: Ari Emanuel, the co-chief executive of William Morris, had taken aim at Mr. Gibson in a HuffingtonPost.com article in 2006 following the actor’s drunken driving arrest and anti-Semitic tirade.

“People in the entertainment community, whether Jew or gentile, need to demonstrate that they understand how much is at stake in this by professionally shunning Mel Gibson and refusing to work with him, even
if it means a sacrifice to their bottom line,” Mr. Emanuel wrote.

A spokesman for Mr. Gibson said that “it is way too soon to be discussing agency representation out of
respect to Mel’s 30-plus years relationship with longtime agent Ed Limato.”

Boy, I remember a day when actors fired agents, not the other way around :)

td

• td
« Reply #158 on: July 09, 2010, 06:42:43 PM »

I've been playing around with Borders' Kobo Reader and I think I may have to pick one up.
The couple took the literature with them, and hopefully will return to buy one.  (We only received five).

You were thinking of a former DR who hails from North Carolina.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2010, 06:43:55 PM »

DR Edi, great trailer. I have a business acquaintance on the board of the Jewish Film Festival here in San Antonio; if you're interested in having it shown here, I can put you in touch with her.

Can't wait to see the movie.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #160 on: July 09, 2010, 06:44:42 PM »

DR Druxy: Will you be doing a signing in Austin some time after the book comes out? Post it and I'll try to make it up there.

Great cover, by the way.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #161 on: July 09, 2010, 06:46:24 PM »

I once hated the idea of salted desserts, but I have since come to love them. One of my favorites is a Spanish-style dessert in which you spread chocolate ganache on a toasted baguette slice that has a little olive oil drizzled on it. The whole slice is topped with a few granules of fleur de sel.

And you have to have salt in your pie crust. Otherwise no flavor.

So bring on the salted caramel ice cream and anything else you got.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #162 on: July 09, 2010, 06:48:52 PM »

TOD: Work is going crazy, so I doubt I will get to much this weekend. "Beautiful Maria of My Soul" is waiting for me at the library, but I have about 75 pages of "God's Secretaries" left to read (a DR Elmore suggestion that has been well worth it).

MP3 player: adding a few new albums to listen to at work, including Madonna's "I'm Breathless" and "Promises, Promises" (CD 2).

Video: Maybe "Romance and Cigarettes" this weekend, if there's time.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #163 on: July 09, 2010, 06:50:14 PM »

We had the worst thunderstorms here today. Huge downpours. I can't remember such big downpours. It would come down, slow down and then start again. Scary.
We had the same. And they were really scattered around town. When I was driving home, there was a good three inches of standing water near the office, then nothing, then more water, then nothing again.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #164 on: July 09, 2010, 06:50:56 PM »

Vibes for the cast of "Blithe Spirit," for DR Elmore and for all in need.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #165 on: July 09, 2010, 06:51:37 PM »

I once hated the idea of salted desserts, but I have since come to love them. One of my favorites is a Spanish-style dessert in which you spread chocolate ganache on a toasted baguette slice that has a little olive oil drizzled on it. The whole slice is topped with a few granules of fleur de sel.

LOL I think salt in a pie crust is very different than salty ice cream. ;)

John G.

« Reply #166 on: July 09, 2010, 06:52:09 PM »

Page two MURDER IN THE BLUE ROOM dance.

Oooh....June Preisser.   Does she do any flips in this one?

Indeed she does.

Did you know she died in a car accident? Very sad.

What is it about this poster? Their heads don't look like they belong to their bodies. (Not to mention the disembodied heads below.) And the one on the left is quite risqué.

Re: Regis Toomey, a joke around our house whenever we saw his name: "Regis Toomey! I can't find my glasses!"

Did Betty Kean get to sing in this one?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #167 on: July 09, 2010, 06:53:03 PM »

LOL I think salt in a pie crust is very different than salty ice cream. ;)

I'm one of those that, to make me happy in bed, nail a salt lick to the headboard.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #168 on: July 09, 2010, 06:56:57 PM »

I read the following about the Kobe:
"The battery life on the Kobo is excellent – we read for five or six hours over a couple of days, without switching the device off – and didn’t notice any depreciation on the charge. Kobo advertises the device as having a “two-week” battery life, and we don’t doubt this to be true."

Hmmm, I could go through those batteries quickly with a couple of sleepless nights.

DR td, did it bother your eyes to turn the pages?  Do you think the little night light will work reading in bed without disturbing Keith?

Jane

« Reply #169 on: July 09, 2010, 06:57:28 PM »

LOL DR John

Jane

« Reply #170 on: July 09, 2010, 07:02:49 PM »

DR td.  Do you know if this price reduction will last long?
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/index.asp?cm_mmc=redirect-_-internal-_-storefront-_-nook

I wasn't told the $199 was a sale price.

Jane

« Reply #171 on: July 09, 2010, 07:04:46 PM »

You were thinking of a former DR who hails from North Carolina.

I did a search.  DR TCB has a Kindle.

Jane

« Reply #172 on: July 09, 2010, 07:06:34 PM »

And Matthew.  And I'm done searching if I missed anyone. :)

John G.

« Reply #173 on: July 09, 2010, 07:10:19 PM »

So, what does it take ...?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #174 on: July 09, 2010, 07:10:40 PM »

... to get us to the next page?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #175 on: July 09, 2010, 07:10:59 PM »

Certainly not that post.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #176 on: July 09, 2010, 07:11:17 PM »

Cranberries!
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #177 on: July 09, 2010, 07:11:40 PM »

Oh well.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #178 on: July 09, 2010, 07:12:57 PM »

Maybe next year.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #179 on: July 09, 2010, 07:13:02 PM »

Keep going
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up