Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: BITING THE DUST  (Read 44769 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re: BITING THE DUST
« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2010, 04:43:23 PM »

DR Edi, I'm going to send the link to DS Craig.

Hurrah! This isn't the finished one, but close enough!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2010, 04:43:29 PM »

What a long involved day, but it's done now. 

Long day here...haven't even had breakfast yet! I've been running since I took PEter to the airpot at 8 this morning. (Then they cancelled his flight!) But we finished the trailer for the film and the final version should be up shortly. Here's the penultimate version if anyone would like to take a look---we have made some minor fixes since this one. It's always a little weird cutting the trailer for your own film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW5O2AF7Rqg

Very nice, Amy!  It still amazes me to think that there was racism against Jews here in America.

Was, there still is. :(

Edisaurus

« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2010, 04:45:27 PM »

Oh, and tell him that Al Rosen is going to attend the screening in San Francisco and answer questions (and I'm sure autograph) after the film. I'll be at Stony Brook Film Festival that night though, so I won't get to meet him. But maybe we'll intersect at some point!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2010, 04:46:46 PM »

DVD
3rd season of MAD MEN.  Indeed it is a great show.
SISTER ACT THE MUSICAL: unfortunately it will only play on my computer, but, it's a good, good show.

CD
PROMISES, PROMISES, disc two.  Can't stop listening to it.
Also, this past week I bought an FM Converter for my IPod, so now I carry my Ipod with me whenever I travel and I just usually hit shuffle and see what comes up. . .

BOOKS
BEAUTIFUL MARIA OF MY SOUL - Oscar Hijuelos - sequel/prequel to THE MAMBO KINGS SING SONGS OF LOVE
FOOL - Christopher Moore - humorous, bawdy look at Shakespeare's KING LEAR from an unexpected point of view.
EVERY MAN DIES ALONE - Hans Fallada - compelling semi-fictional account of one man's work in the Resistance.

after I'm through with those, I'm delving into some science fiction, all by Dan Simmons:
ILIUM
OLYMPOS
HYPERION

My high school boyfriend was named Dan Simmons, but I'm guessing it's not the same one...

Jane

« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2010, 04:50:12 PM »

And speaking of HHW focus groups, edi, where is my damn fudge?

;D  I think it is too hot to mail fudge now.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2010, 04:50:58 PM »

I just read that Mel Gibson has been dropped by his agency.

;D
You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2010, 04:51:12 PM »

She stopped making it in the summer...it's going to be the fall before she cranks it up again, but when she does I'll send you her flavors and you can choose! (I liked the dark chocolate cherry she experimented with and am trying to get her to do a salted caramel one this year.)

Salted caramel of anything seems to be popular these days.  I personally don't like it.

Jane

« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2010, 04:53:23 PM »

Long day here...haven't even had breakfast yet! I've been running since I took PEter to the airpot at 8 this morning. (Then they cancelled his flight!) But we finished the trailer for the film and the final version should be up shortly. Here's the penultimate version if anyone would like to take a look---we have made some minor fixes since this one. It's always a little weird cutting the trailer for your own film:

Absolutely fantastic!  When can we see this in full?

Nothing is scheduled in Texas yet but maybe when we start our theatrical release in November it will come there. Our western schedule so far (besides LA and SF) are in Tucson and "Greater Phoenix".

I think I'll start a FB page for the film to send out updates. In the meantime, here's the list so far:

http://www.jewsandbaseball.com/news.html

Thanks and hope it comes your way soon!

I'll be watching for it to come near us or near Craig.  I think the odds are Craig will see it before I can.

Jane

« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2010, 04:56:12 PM »

Oh, and tell him that Al Rosen is going to attend the screening in San Francisco and answer questions (and I'm sure autograph) after the film. I'll be at Stony Brook Film Festival that night though, so I won't get to meet him. But maybe we'll intersect at some point!

Will do.  He wishes he lived in San Francisco again.  If only he could find a job there, or anywhere. :(

Jane

« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2010, 04:56:59 PM »

;D

;D ;D 

Edisaurus

« Reply #130 on: July 09, 2010, 04:58:06 PM »

She stopped making it in the summer...it's going to be the fall before she cranks it up again, but when she does I'll send you her flavors and you can choose! (I liked the dark chocolate cherry she experimented with and am trying to get her to do a salted caramel one this year.)

Salted caramel of anything seems to be popular these days.  I personally don't like it.

Morelli's Salted Caramel ice cream might change your mind...

I had maple bacon brickle there recently...OMG good.

Jane

« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2010, 04:58:16 PM »

From Bruce:
November - don't you read this here site? :)

November, no wonder I didn't retain the info. ;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: July 09, 2010, 04:58:50 PM »

Absolutely fantastic!  When can we see this in full?

Nothing is scheduled in Texas yet but maybe when we start our theatrical release in November it will come there. Our western schedule so far (besides LA and SF) are in Tucson and "Greater Phoenix".

I think I'll start a FB page for the film to send out updates. In the meantime, here's the list so far:

http://www.jewsandbaseball.com/news.html

Thanks and hope it comes your way soon!

And all this time, I thought that Montclair, NJ had a Yogi Bear museum.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Edisaurus

« Reply #133 on: July 09, 2010, 05:00:28 PM »

;D

;D ;D 

;D ;D  ;D

We originally had Dennis Leary mentioning Mel Gibson's antisemitism (yep...pretty recent!) in our film but took it out for several reasons. But it was funny.

Jane

« Reply #134 on: July 09, 2010, 05:00:32 PM »

Morelli's Salted Caramel ice cream might change your mind...

I had maple bacon brickle there recently...OMG good.

I had some at a local restaurant which has delicious desserts and did not like it at all. One little bite was enough.  The thought of maple bacon brickle is worse ;)  There is a store that sells gourmet chocolates made with sea salt.  I didn't like those either.

Jane

« Reply #135 on: July 09, 2010, 05:02:57 PM »

;D

;D ;D 

;D ;D  ;D

We originally had Dennis Leary mentioning Mel Gibson's antisemitism (yep...pretty recent!) in our film but took it out for several reasons. But it was funny.

Probably a good idea but I wouldn't mind seeing the clip :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: July 09, 2010, 05:04:59 PM »

Very nice, Amy!  It still amazes me to think that there was racism against Jews here in America.

I didn't mean to offend.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2010, 05:11:33 PM »

This is a great trailer, Edi!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #138 on: July 09, 2010, 05:13:40 PM »

I spent the day taking care of my car.  It needed an oil change, 24,000 mile check, & the Toyota recalls taken care of.  While they had my car I shopped.  I went to TJ Max and tried on 20 tops before walking out with an ok one.  I then went to See's candy & a nice clothing store next door.  Ginny, they had a section of Vera Bradly bags in the store & I thought of you.  I purchased another top.  I then went to Barnes and Noble and then to Macy's where I tried on more tops. 

Are you noticing a theme here?  I need summer tops that are easy to put on and get off and protect my scar so it doesn't burn.  The tops I liked that fit over the scar were too difficult to put on & take off so I had to pass.  The two I got don't completely cover it but are comfortable.  I'll just have to carry a band-aid at all times in case I need to cover the scar.  Once it is completely healed I won't worry about the sun.  My shoulder was very sore from all the on and off with the tops. 

Ben

« Reply #139 on: July 09, 2010, 05:14:09 PM »

Aimlet, wonderful trailer! I'm looking forward to the film (and seeing you at the New York premiere)

Jane

« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2010, 05:14:15 PM »

I didn't mean to offend.

LOL-You didn't offend. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: July 09, 2010, 05:21:42 PM »

Hey, edisaurus, did you ever finish my book?

Ben

« Reply #142 on: July 09, 2010, 05:21:52 PM »

Here is a short article taken from today's NY Times about Mel Gibson being dropped by his agency.

July 9, 2010, 6:42 pm
Agency Drops Mel Gibson After Latest Episode
By BROOKS BARNES

Mel Gibson has been dumped by his agency.

A spokesman for William Morris Endeavor late Friday confirmed reports at Deadline.com and the HollywoodReporter.com that the agency told Mr. Gibson to find new representation. Agencies fire
clients routinely in Hollywood, although it is rare for an Oscar winner to receive such treatment.

The move came a week after RadarOnline.com published transcripts of Mr. Gibson threatening violence against his former girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva, and using racial slurs. The Los Angeles County Sherriff’s Department subsequently said it had opened a domestic violence investigation involving the pair.

Mr. Gibson’s longtime William Morris agent, Ed Limato, died on July 3. Mr. Limato moved to William Morris in 2008 from International Creative Management and brought Mr. Gibson with him. It was always an awkward arrangement: Ari Emanuel, the co-chief executive of William Morris, had taken aim at Mr. Gibson in a HuffingtonPost.com article in 2006 following the actor’s drunken driving arrest and anti-Semitic tirade.

“People in the entertainment community, whether Jew or gentile, need to demonstrate that they understand how much is at stake in this by professionally shunning Mel Gibson and refusing to work with him, even
if it means a sacrifice to their bottom line,” Mr. Emanuel wrote.

A spokesman for Mr. Gibson said that “it is way too soon to be discussing agency representation out of
respect to Mel’s 30-plus years relationship with longtime agent Ed Limato.”

Jane

« Reply #143 on: July 09, 2010, 05:32:17 PM »

While at Barnes and Noble I looked at their version of the Kindle.  I'm thinking about it.  I can try it for 14 days with a complete refund if I'm not happy. 

I asked the gentleman demonstrating it to pull up The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and did a check on the word dragon for me.  Sure enough, the dragon is only on Lisbeth's shoulder blade.  The only think in the movie I didn't like is that is covered her entire back. :P

Jane

« Reply #144 on: July 09, 2010, 05:35:13 PM »

Good for William Morris.  I was a fan of Mel Gibson and find the truth about him to be very sad.

td

• td
« Reply #145 on: July 09, 2010, 05:44:56 PM »

BOOKS
BEAUTIFUL MARIA OF MY SOUL - Oscar Hijuelos - sequel/prequel to THE MAMBO KINGS SING SONGS OF LOVE
FOOL - Christopher Moore - humorous, bawdy look at Shakespeare's KING LEAR from an unexpected point of view.
EVERY MAN DIES ALONE - Hans Fallada - compelling semi-fictional account of one man's work in the Resistance.

after I'm through with those, I'm delving into some science fiction, all by Dan Simmons:
ILIUM
OLYMPOS
HYPERION

My high school boyfriend was named Dan Simmons, but I'm guessing it's not the same one...

Hmm. . .he grew up in Peoria, Illinois. . .
http://www.dansimmons.com/about/bio.htm
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: July 09, 2010, 05:48:44 PM »

I got a great deal on a carpet steamer last night at Shopko, think I'll go home and clean the carpet. 

If it is as warm there, as it is here, you might just dump water on the carpet and let it steam itself!

It was hot today, but not that hot.  I can't believe how well the cleaner works.  It isn't really a steamer, you use hot tap water, but it really works well and is barely wet when you're done.  I did 1/2 the room and after it's completely dry I'll move the furniture to that side and do the rest.  Not sure if this will totally solve my problem, but it's getting up a lot of dirt, so it's definitely worth it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: July 09, 2010, 05:49:27 PM »

Then I picked up some mail and that was that.

I wish I could say the same. :(

there wasn't any mail at my house today.  There is always mail...at least something.  Wondering what's up

td

• td
« Reply #148 on: July 09, 2010, 05:54:06 PM »

While at Barnes and Noble I looked at their version of the Kindle.  I'm thinking about it.  I can try it for 14 days with a complete refund if I'm not happy. 

I've been playing around with Borders' Kobo Reader and I think I may have to pick one up.
I came this close to selling one today while demonstrating it.
The couple took the literature with them, and hopefully will return to buy one.  (We only received five).
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Cillaliz

« Reply #149 on: July 09, 2010, 06:06:51 PM »

I asked the gentleman demonstrating it to pull up The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and did a check on the word dragon for me.  Sure enough, the dragon is only on Lisbeth's shoulder blade.  The only think in the movie I didn't like is that is covered her entire back. :P

If that's the only thing you didn't like, then you must have really liked the movie
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up