Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: JUST PLAIN FUN  (Read 21537 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: JUST PLAIN FUN
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2010, 03:01:35 PM »

I would like to read the Larsson books but I don't read fiction anymore since I started writing it. 

Why?

That would be awful to never read another book that was fiction.

Because one tends to be influenced by other writing styles - a lot of authors won't read other fiction when they're writing it.  Now, if I decide to do a part two non-fiction book next, then I can read them.  Or, if I do a new Hofstetter and THEN a new non-fiction, THEN I can read it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2010, 03:01:40 PM »

There

KevinH

« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2010, 03:02:50 PM »

Watching "Hoarders, " while cleaning.  I just don't have room for everything!

Cillaliz

« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2010, 03:04:26 PM »

This morning I got up and trimmed back all the bushes around the Gazebo and those that are lined up with them.  Then I took down the rest of the chain link fence.  I didnt' remove the posts, that's for the football player working with the handy men.  But I knew they wouldn't know which bushes that I didn't mind trimming or getting rid of etc, so I decided just to have it done for them.  And I couldn't wait to see what it will look like without the chain link.  I'm going to love it. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2010, 03:05:41 PM »

We have moles.  I think they may have been living in my yard, but I had the yard sprayed for grubs, so now they are looking for food elsewhere.   I hate to kill anything, but moles really damage the yard. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2010, 03:07:42 PM »

I heard from the leader of the group that is coming to camp here.  They won't arrive until late Sat afternoon or early evening.  They will be gone by 8:00-9:00 AM on Sunday.  He also said they have one team member who will try to talk his way into sleeping in the house but I should just tell him to camp in the yard, lol. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2010, 03:08:09 PM »

Forgot to mention the wonderful little envelope I got from new dear reader KevinH - from Ireland - a patch that says "kiss my ASS". 

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2010, 03:08:59 PM »

I find watching Hoarders makes me feel better about my house not being totally neat

Cillaliz

« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2010, 03:11:26 PM »

One of the houses that had been red tagged in April (deemed not safe to inhabit) was cleaned up by the meeting last Thursday, looking at the before and after photos, we think they were hoarders.

Cillaliz

« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2010, 03:14:08 PM »

I'm trying to decide if I'm catching cold or if it's allergies.  I hate feeling like this and there really isn't room on the schedule to feel this way

Cillaliz

« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2010, 03:14:42 PM »

DR FJL, glad to see  you . Totally understandable if you aren't posting on the internet much until things are worked out.

Cillaliz

« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2010, 03:15:05 PM »

FJL - Enjoy the pizza tonight, I'm jealous

KevinH

« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2010, 03:18:04 PM »

Forgot to mention the wonderful little envelope I got from new dear reader KevinH - from Ireland - a patch that says "kiss my ASS". 

I'm glad you like it, BK!   When I saw it, I thought of you!

The Irish version is "Pog mo thoin," so you can say that without people knowing what you're saying. 

KevinH

« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2010, 03:18:53 PM »

I find watching Hoarders makes me feel better about my house not being totally neat

Me too, Cillaliz! 

Cillaliz

« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2010, 03:28:04 PM »

I have to decide what to do for dinner.  I was thinking about making a home made pizza, but I think I'll have a t-bone steak and some of the cole slaw I just made

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2010, 04:11:04 PM »

WELLLLLLLL...................last night we started the show and then quelle deluge!  Torrents of rain, lightning, and thunder.

And of course we ARE in a barn.  We turned up the microphones so everyone could be heard, but it was most distracting and continued throughout the entire show.....distressing  - the audience was of course distracted and thinking about the weather INSTEAD of the play....but it was a good final performance.

After all that I'm glad it was a good performance.  I'm sure the audience appreciated in spite of the distractions.  Considering the play maybe the distractions were a "fun" addition ;)

Jane

« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2010, 04:12:42 PM »

I feel so bad. My brother-in-law put my niece (the baby) to bed last night (since my sister went out). It is the first time he's put her to bed with my sister being out. And he forgot to put on her night light! :(

Poor Jadie!

Did she get upset?  Maybe you should be saying poor brother-in-law ;)

Jane

Jane

« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2010, 04:16:47 PM »

DR TCB how do you feel?  I was very relived DR Ginny told you not to have ice cream!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2010, 04:17:27 PM »

Oh....and the power outage at the beginning of scene two was also a bonus for the closing night audience.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2010, 04:17:58 PM »

I would like to read the Larsson books but I don't read fiction anymore since I started writing it. 

Why?

Because one tends to be influenced by other writing styles - a lot of authors won't read other fiction when they're writing it.  Now, if I decide to do a part two non-fiction book next, then I can read them.  Or, if I do a new Hofstetter and THEN a new non-fiction, THEN I can read it.

Well in the case of the Larsson books, he didn't write them (he wrote the Swedish versions). So you'd be influenced by the translator!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2010, 04:18:10 PM »

Auditions seemed to go well....I read several times with different people and only one other person read for the role that I would like to have.....of course someone perfect may show up tomorrow night....I leave it in the hands of the theatre gods.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2010, 04:18:50 PM »

Why?

I'm with you Jennifer. :)

Jennifer

« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2010, 04:19:23 PM »

I feel so bad. My brother-in-law put my niece (the baby) to bed last night (since my sister went out). It is the first time he's put her to bed with my sister being out. And he forgot to put on her night light! :(

Poor Jadie!

I think she cried for 15 minutes. But I say "poor her" because she had to cry in the dark!

Jane

« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2010, 04:19:42 PM »

Ginny I think Epcot is a good choice.  We were there years and years ago.  I would like to see it again.

Jane

« Reply #115 on: July 18, 2010, 04:21:08 PM »

;D

Congrats on the book sales!

Jane

« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2010, 04:21:41 PM »

DR FJL, glad to see  you . Totally understandable if you aren't posting on the internet much until things are worked out.

Ditto.

Jane

« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2010, 04:22:37 PM »

Why?

Well in the case of the Larsson books, he didn't write them (he wrote the Swedish versions). So you'd be influenced by the translator!

;D

Jane

« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2010, 04:23:23 PM »

Poor Jadie!

I think she cried for 15 minutes. But I say "poor her" because she had to cry in the dark!

I'm confused.  Didn't someone hear her and turn the night light on?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2010, 04:38:53 PM »

I think I shall now watch some television episodes featuring Miss Allison Hayes....each of them first broadcast last century.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up