« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2010, 10:00:19 AM »

Here's to being off Page 1.

POOF!!!!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re: PH1
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2010, 10:07:51 AM »

TOD:

My first crush was Miss Roseanne, the young and lovelyl brunette 3rd grade teacher I admired from afar during my 1st and 2nd grade years.  Her smile, her laugh--the way she wore that dark maroon sweater when she came out to gather her students in the schoolyard each morning.  Her effervescence was a beacon of light compared to the stony personalities of the crotchety, old, withered, and just plain mean nuns I had to deal with as my teachers.  I daily hoped and prayed that I would get to be in her 3rd grade class.  And I thought that my dreams had been fulfilled when I did indeed get her into her class.  But those dreams rapidly evaporated as I soon discovered that she was actually quite bitchy.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2010, 10:31:54 AM »

My very first "crush" was on one Miss Vangie Holmes, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Lewis Holmes.  Vangie had two of the most beautiful pony tails (are they pony tails when they are two instead of one?).  I was in 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade with Miss Vangie Holmes.   I saw her again while I was at Myrtle Beach SC with some cousins one summer while I was in college.  She had grown.  Gone were the pony tails.  Instead, she was a princess who did not remember me despite her mother's protestations that she "had to."

Never mind.  Miss Holmes, I've learned, has been through at least four very rich husbands and is now ruling over some clique in Charleston SC.   

My first "romantic crush" was in 7th grade.  Her name was Aloma Douana Perscilla Culpepper.  You may ask how I remember this.   None of your beeswax!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2010, 11:04:57 AM »

"My 'entry sites' are doing fine." T hat is the title of my new book of romantic, but lewd, poetry.

LOL...I was thinking that should be a title of something!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2010, 11:06:25 AM »

I'm up after some really odd dreams of missing a flight at some airport that was so weird it took thirty minutes to get to a ferry to get to the terminal.  What that was about I have no idea - but I eventually got where I was going.

You and Cillaliz! Were you going to Toronto?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2010, 11:08:43 AM »

Loved that Next To Normal animation last night. So of course, I had to make my own based on my experiences in the edit room on a recent documentary about a songwriter. Word for word from the editing room, but I won't post it just in case. I have learned from that film how vengeful people can be!

Edisaurus

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2010, 11:09:34 AM »

JRand, I'm sending my condolences as well. She sounded like a fine lady!

Edisaurus

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2010, 11:10:05 AM »

Happy Belated Birthday to the one, the only, Singing Nymph!

td

• td
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2010, 11:15:42 AM »

My first crush, around age 5 or 6, was my cousin's cousin Butch.  He was an enlisted man, probably just into the air force.  Dark military-issue hair, deep, dark brown eyes.   Need I say more?  ;)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2010, 11:15:45 AM »

I've been on the phone for over an hour, being a Kritzerland mogul, and I've just locked about about nine titles for future releases - these have all been out before as limited editions from other labels, but in consultation with my big online dealer, we've ascertained there's enough sales left in them to go for another 1000.  All of them should do well, and I'm sure many of you dear readers didn't even know of their existence before they sold out - and one of them is one of my five favorite film scores ever written so that I was going to do no matter what, just to have it available again.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2010, 11:16:37 AM »

My first "crush" is detailed rather lovingly in Benjamin Kritzer - Miss Ingrid Thulin, followed by the real-life version of the book's Susan Pomeroy.

Edisaurus

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2010, 11:18:13 AM »

My first crush was Mickey Dolenz, from The Monkees, followed by Harry Nilsson. After that I graduated to *real* boys!

My best friend was in love with Monkee Davy, so that worked out well. One time we even wrote love letters to ourselves and pretended they were from our favorite Monkees. A little embarrassing but hey, we were in 6th grade!

Mickey came to Atlanta a few weeks ago and even though it had been decades since he'd held any interest for me, I still like the music of The Monkees, and the Turtles and some other 60's groups that were on the bill. Mickey's sister came out and sang a duet with him (she had sung backup on some of their records). It turns out she sings in a church right down the street from my mom. Who knew? I was very excited to tell my mom about this, but she proclaimed that the Unity Church wasn't a real "Christian" church and they didn't believe in anything. They even had books by "shudder" Shirley MacLaine in their bookstore!

The real surprise on the bill was Mark Lindsay, former lead singer of Paul Revere and the Raiders. He had the energy of a 20 year old (a far cry from when I saw him a few years ago). Don't know what he's taking, but I want some. He was great!

Edisaurus

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2010, 11:19:06 AM »

Very exciting news about the upcoming releases, bk!

Ginny

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2010, 11:28:43 AM »

"My 'entry sites' are doing fine." T hat is the title of my new book of romantic, but lewd, poetry.

LOL...I was thinking that should be a title of something!

LOL, DR MBarnum - I just knew someone would have fun with that!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2010, 11:31:16 AM »

Ah Hoe. Accent on the Ah.

It means "garlic" in Spanish.

Ah, yes....every now and again I see Ajoe working the streets well before sunset on my gym days.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Laura

« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2010, 11:51:44 AM »

Matthew, I sure hope you get to feeling well very soon!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

FJL

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2010, 11:53:38 AM »

Edi -

Maybe this was posted here before, but Mickey Dolenz is doing a TV film with Tiffany and Deborah Gibson.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/07/14/here-he-comes-micky-dolenz-joins-tiffany-and-deborah-gibson-in-horror-movie/

FJL

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2010, 11:54:39 AM »

Is it Micky or Mickey?

I'm too lazy to google.  :)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2010, 12:06:00 PM »

Matthew, I sure hope you get to feeling well very soon!

Thanks, DR Laura.  I'm hoping!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2010, 12:10:10 PM »

More vibes to Ginny.

Sorry I missed you, Penny.

Ditto and Ditto!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2010, 12:14:44 PM »

ROTFLMAO!! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2010, 12:16:35 PM »

Loved that Next To Normal animation last night. So of course, I had to make my own based on my experiences in the edit room on a recent documentary about a songwriter. Word for word from the editing room, but I won't post it just in case. I have learned from that film how vengeful people can be!

PMs would be appreciated. ;)

Ginny

« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2010, 12:23:40 PM »

Thank you, DR FJL!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2010, 12:25:18 PM »

Speedy diagnosis and feel better vibes to DR Matthew!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2010, 12:42:19 PM »

First news flash - not yet confirmed-

Judge lifts stay on CA Gay marriages.

der Brucer

UPDATE

Stay listed effective Aug 18 - which gives the opponents a shot at getting an emergency stay from the Ninth District court.

der Brucer
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 12:52:19 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Edisaurus

« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2010, 01:01:17 PM »

Is it Micky or Mickey?

I'm too lazy to google.  :)

Gee...guess I am over him if I can't even spell his name correctly!

Edisaurus

« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2010, 01:04:21 PM »

Matthew---feel better vibes for you!

Edisaurus

« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2010, 01:04:39 PM »

George, your wish is my...web link!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2010, 01:13:42 PM »

FUN TRAVELING FOR THE VIXFAMILY!!

Where in PA are you going?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2010, 01:17:40 PM »

No more itching vibes for DR Ginny!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up