• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: PH1
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2010, 01:18:09 PM »

Feel better vibes for Matthew!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2010, 01:19:21 PM »

It's about time to walk over to Barnes & Noble and meet Val for dinner. We're going to the relatively new Five Napkin Burger at 84th and Broadway. I think that our friend Lisa will join us.

Is this a slow day or what?

I just finished the fixes to "My Heart Is So Full Of You." Next: "Meadowlark."
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2010, 01:19:23 PM »

Penny, Have a great show!!  I would have told Karen about it but she will be here visiting us. :)

Wishes the situation with Tina improves!!!

Jane

« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2010, 01:22:47 PM »

I can't remember my first crush, there were so many.  I had to have been four or five.  My first boyfriend was in kindergarten.  He was an older boy in first grade.

Jane

« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2010, 01:30:49 PM »

I just watched a story about a baby girl who was born on 8/9/10 at 11:12  ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2010, 01:42:14 PM »

Back from a sandwich, some errands and whatnot, and other such things.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2010, 01:51:39 PM »

Thanks for the feel better vibes.  The final test has come in and was negative.  So, it's probably something viral.  Waiting to hear from the DR (as in Doctor)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2010, 01:55:10 PM »

Good for negative test results! And vibes that the doctor gets you fixed up soon!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2010, 02:02:10 PM »

Listening to another show that could use a good remix or at least I'd like to hear what the masters sound like because I've never heard distortion like this on vocal - almost all of them are on the verge of breaking up.  I'm trying to ascertain when and if the license on this title is up for the company that put it out.  All I know is the three-track session masters are in the inventory along with the 35mm full coat originals - although I doubt those could be used.  But who knows.  This may have been the only show recorded in that format, but the current CD was definitely not taken from either the 35mm or the three-tracks, at least as far as I can tell.

Edisaurus

« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2010, 02:02:50 PM »

Even though it's not ask bk day, I wondered if you have ever heard of an actor named Max Hartman, who performs a nightclub act in LA under the name Max Vontaine?

http://www.maxvontaine.com

I met him at the Stony Brook Film Festival; he did a terrific turn in FIVE STAR DAY, which won the jury prize there. (We weren't in competition!) I'm hoping to come out to LA for our JEWS AND BASEBALL open and want to try and catch his act, either in Pasadena or Redondo. He does a great Sinatra and was such a nice guy!

There's a cute little ipod thingy on his website with some of his songs. He's in Texas doing a play right now but will be back by the time we open and hopes to come see the film. He really wanted to do musical theatre but ended up creating this act so he could make a living. It made me wonder what he might be like doing that. Ever heard of him?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2010, 02:03:17 PM »

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2010, 02:19:55 PM »

Penny, Have a great show!!  I would have told Karen about it but she will be here visiting us. :)

Wishes the situation with Tina improves!!!

Thanks, dollink!! Hi to Karen - it has been so long since I have seen her... ask her for me how Shelley is doing...
PennyO

Laura

« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2010, 02:28:14 PM »

Is this a slow day or what?

Slow news day? I should say not! I took seven kittens for their shots today.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Edisaurus

« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2010, 02:34:40 PM »

Now that's a busy day!

Edisaurus

« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2010, 02:35:31 PM »

Penny O---good luck with the cabin, and hope to see you if we make it out to LA for JEWS AND BASEBALL in November!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2010, 02:35:32 PM »

We have arrived in the Oaks of Sherman.  DW Wife Betsy just discovered she neglected to pack my dress pants, so I think I am off to the Ridge of North to shop.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Edisaurus

« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2010, 02:36:12 PM »

I just got a message from the Diplomat of My Consignment!

Good Morning!!,

I have been in your country since 3am at George Bush Intercontinental/Houston Airport (IAH), Houston, Texas port of entry at the North side of Houston, Texas with my partner and have been so busy with the Custom Authorities here at George Bush Intercontinental Airport, having done extensively on this assignment towards carrying out the delivery of Consignment to your doorstep without further delay or sanctions whatsoever.

In consequent to this, I have been required by the authority to sign some vital documentation in respect of your Consignment as the code of precedence in line with Diplomatic delivery directives.

So I advise that you verify/Re-confirm your current residential address to me, and also tell me the nearest Airport to your home to avoid mistake, because as soon as I clear this problems with the custom authorities and sign some paper works I will be heading to your home address by tomorrow Evening.

I am very busy now at the Custom Authority Office here at George Bush Intercontinental Airport, as soon as am through speaking with the head of the Authorities I will give you a call, so I advised that you keep your mobile phone open for easy communications,

Finally. I will be oblige to ensure that your package is delivered to you as soon as I settle this issue with the Customs, and also do not contact any other person apart from me the Diplomat of your Consignment.

Once again, thanks for helping me serve you better.

Yours Faithfully.
David Hopkins

« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 02:39:59 PM by Edisaurus »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2010, 03:05:35 PM »

I just got a message from the Diplomat of My Consignment!

Good Morning!!,

I have been in your country since 3am at George Bush Intercontinental/Houston Airport (IAH), Houston, Texas port of entry at the North side of Houston, Texas with my partner and have been so busy with the Custom Authorities here at George Bush Intercontinental Airport, having done extensively on this assignment towards carrying out the delivery of Consignment to your doorstep without further delay or sanctions whatsoever.

In consequent to this, I have been required by the authority to sign some vital documentation in respect of your Consignment as the code of precedence in line with Diplomatic delivery directives.

So I advise that you verify/Re-confirm your current residential address to me, and also tell me the nearest Airport to your home to avoid mistake, because as soon as I clear this problems with the custom authorities and sign some paper works I will be heading to your home address by tomorrow Evening.

I am very busy now at the Custom Authority Office here at George Bush Intercontinental Airport, as soon as am through speaking with the head of the Authorities I will give you a call, so I advised that you keep your mobile phone open for easy communications,

Finally. I will be oblige to ensure that your package is delivered to you as soon as I settle this issue with the Customs, and also do not contact any other person apart from me the Diplomat of your Consignment.

Once again, thanks for helping me serve you better.

Yours Faithfully.
David Hopkins

I hope you're ready, Edisaurus!  Clean sheets on beds, towels in bath?  Suitable fluids and foods stocked?

Have you a reception area?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2010, 03:06:58 PM »

George, your wish is my...web link!

Oh my. :o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2010, 03:10:53 PM »

We have arrived in the Oaks of Sherman.  DW Wife Betsy just discovered she neglected to pack my dress pants, so I think I am off to the Ridge of North to shop.

There's such a thing as a dress-and-pants-in-one??  Is it like a long, formal version of a skort?  What'll they think of next?

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

td

• td
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2010, 03:14:45 PM »

I stuffed zucchini for dinner.  That is not a euphemism.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2010, 03:16:05 PM »

I hope you're ready, Edisaurus!  Clean sheets on beds, towels in bath?  Suitable fluids and foods stocked?

Have you a reception area?

And by all means, have your "entry places" spiffy.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2010, 03:21:27 PM »

[There's such a thing as a dress-and-pants-in-one??  Is it like a long, formal version of a skort?  What'll they think of next?

;)

Dress Panties - black satin trim with a bow.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2010, 03:56:01 PM »

[There's such a thing as a dress-and-pants-in-one??  Is it like a long, formal version of a skort?  What'll they think of next?

;)

Dress Panties - black satin trim with a bow.

der Brucer

Thanks...I figured that you would know.

;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2010, 04:26:34 PM »

There's such a thing as a dress-and-pants-in-one??  Is it like a long, formal version of a skort?  What'll they think of next?

;)

I'm envisioning a full-length kilt.

Or, perhaps, some fancy version ... like culottes for a dressy occasion.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2010, 05:16:26 PM »

My first crush, around age 5 or 6, was my cousin's cousin Butch.  He was an enlisted man, probably just into the air force.  Dark military-issue hair, deep, dark brown eyes.   Need I say more?  ;)

Yes!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2010, 05:26:35 PM »

Vixmom, I bought a GPS unit a few months ago.  I asked around before buying and the general feeling was that the Magellan is the best of the current crop.  Since I have only owned the one, I can't compare; but I love me my Magellan.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2010, 05:33:30 PM »

I stuffed zucchini for dinner.  That is not a euphemism.

Damn!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2010, 05:35:52 PM »

Are we sure this is a Thursday?

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!