Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: HEAT WAVE  (Read 74998 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:HEAT WAVE
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2004, 10:47:51 AM »

Jennifer I copied your birthday smile from one of these sites.  I’m not sure which.  Maybe another dear reader knows which the is the safe site, and then I shall delete the other one from my files.

http://www.smileyland.com/smilies/

http://www.clicksmilies.com/

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2004, 10:50:12 AM »

I'm on a roll, page three dance

« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 10:51:02 AM by Jane »

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2004, 11:06:09 AM »

Blessings to your family at this difficult time, Michael Shayne.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jennifer

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2004, 11:06:50 AM »

I use the clicksmilies site a lot and have never had a problem.

I actually meant from the gifs.net site you gave me.  Is it okay to copy any of those here?

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2004, 11:10:02 AM »

This is extremely addictive.  Jrand and Jane I think you have created a monster. :)

« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 11:11:17 AM by Jennifer »

Jennifer

« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2004, 11:14:11 AM »

Ooh I have the perfect Page Four dance planned.  Can we hurry up and keep posting please. :)

Jennifer

« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2004, 11:15:23 AM »

Oh btw, for those who watch American Idol it is on TONIGHT.  There is some sort of special on featuring the five remaining contestants.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2004, 11:22:14 AM »

Pardon me, Jane, I'm skimming through posts in order to catch up, post so BK won't bitch-slap me, and get on with my deadline writing...So joining you where, when, etc.  Does this have something to do with the Du-par posts?  If anything is happening this week, my presence is unlikely as I've got to get a hopefully relatively final draft out this week of my project for casting purposes.  But let me know details. If I've got time I'll go back and track down the post where this came up.

As for topic of day:  What a great topic!  If money were no object.  I would probably split my time between Kentucky and London (the greatest city in the world) with homes in each (though maybe a place in Santa Barbara would be nice too).  I'd continue to write...though probably just novels and plays, not screenplays...And maybe run a theatre in Ky. where I could act upon occasion as well.  I choose Lexington for my Kentucky home (where we have lots of friends still) and in London, I'd want to be right in the heart of the West End where I can walk to all the theatres and my bookshops...probably in Covent Garden or one of those places on the Thames.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2004, 11:23:12 AM »

I got confirmation this morning of my tickets for WICKED in July. I got orchestra seats, and I couldn't be more excited.

Now, if the Roundabout would extend ASSASSINS one more time to make it run through the end of July, it would REALLY be a memorable trip.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2004, 11:25:06 AM »

I will not be watching that AMERICAN IDOL special tonight. Basically, it's just highlights from the performances of the five who are still in the compeitition. As I've seen every episode, this can't offer anything I haven't already seen. I'll watch a movie instead until CSI: MIAMI at 10.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2004, 11:32:08 AM »

Jane, I went back and read most of the Du-par posts.  This conversation must have started yesterday.  Given that it's Sunday, it will depend on how far along I am in my re-write.  we shall see.  I assume this is the valley Du-par..Where is it precisely?

More on "If money were no object".  I already have a house-plan (with some personalized adjustments) that I would use for my kentucky house.  The most important thing is the entire wing for my office and library.  And the indoor pool.

I'd probably have to have a three-bedroom flat in London. One for me and the lovely wife, one for an office, one for guests...so BK would have a place to stay when he came to see some theatre.  We could probably get by with two, if need be...because when I'm in London, I wouldn't be working that much, but then money is no object.

Jennifer

« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2004, 11:32:30 AM »

This made me think of today's topic:

« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 11:33:38 AM by Jennifer »

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2004, 11:39:55 AM »

Have to run to a lunch meeting. Will post later.
Michael Shayne - my thoughts are with you.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2004, 11:49:46 AM »

And since Rochester has become my adopted home, summering in one of the grand manses either on East Avenue, or on the shores of Lake Ontario would suit me just fine.  (The ones on Lake Shore Boulevard, if any of you know the area.)  I can feel the lake breezes now.

DR Stuart,

So, are you planning to take the ferry from Rochester to Toronto?

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2004, 12:00:51 PM »

Jane, I went back and read most of the Du-par posts.  This conversation must have started yesterday.  Given that it's Sunday, it will depend on how far along I am in my re-write.  we shall see.  I assume this is the valley Du-par..Where is it precisely?

In Jane's absence, allow me.  Jane had suggested next Monday, May 10 as a good time for folks to get together with her for breakfast at Du-Pars.  This is the one on the south side of Ventura Blvd. just east of Laurel Canyon.  10 a.m. has been proposed as the hour of arrival, but nothing is set in concrete as yet.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2004, 12:14:38 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Good follow up doctor's appointment.  -I really like my doc - she really takes care of me, and she's very easy to talk to and to question.  However... If I have to put one more drug into my body... :o >:( :o  Thankfully, today's drug was a one shot deal - well, a one pill deal - so... But still?!?!?!?

I am officially sick and tired of being sick and tired!

But, again, I'm doing sooo much better than I was two weeks ago, and my own personal comfortability level is pretty good right now.

-And, thanks again to everyone for all their well wishes and good health vibes.

DR elmoore - I know you probable mentioned it before, but is the Mickey & Judy show you're working on the one that Jeff Harnar and Shauna Hicks perform?

Oh, and I keep forgetting to mention... One of the local, independent channels used to show the movie of "Porgy and Bess" semi-regularly when I was younger.  It was shown at least twice a year.  Sometimes, it was a "feature" movie of the week, and it would get repeated showings over a weekend.  -When did the Gershwin estate pull the rights?  -It was usually shown as a double feature with "Carmen Jones".  -Of course, since that was years ago - at least 20 - maybe I'm not remembering correctly.  Hmmm...

OK - Time to put my feet up and watch some TV... Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2004, 12:21:05 PM »

Feel better DR Jose!

I will say this though.  The only good part about being sick or feeling sad is ALL THE WEIGHT YOU CAN LOSE.

Jennifer

« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2004, 12:23:01 PM »

Let's swim our way to Page Four.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2004, 12:27:26 PM »

Ten is fine with me - Pogue, you simply must come.  Monday, May 10.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2004, 12:44:33 PM »

The weather forecasters expect our first-for-the-year 100F reading sometime today here in Phoenix.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 12:46:46 PM by DearReaderLaura »
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2004, 12:47:28 PM »

DR Stuart,

So, are you planning to take the ferry from Rochester to Toronto?

How refreshing it is to know that SOMEONE in your fair province is aware of its existence.  We are thinking of it, but not sure when.  There's a great deal going on that includes tickets to a show, hotel room, dinner (not sure where), and a voucher for some other attraction, all for about $115 US per person.  Tack a ride on "the Breeze" on, and it's a tidy little weekend.

How is our marketing campaign doing up there?  ;-)

Ben

« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2004, 12:48:51 PM »

While I certainly encourage warmer weather (it's a little chilly in NYC today), I do not approve of 100 degree weather. That is simply unacceptable. Something must be done about it. The poor birdies and squirrels and other flora and fauna will not be out for DR Laura to photograph. They will be inside their little air-conditioned huts or lean-to or wherever they hang out when it gets to be 100 degrees.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2004, 12:50:21 PM »

In Jane's absence, allow me.  Jane had suggested next Monday, May 10 as a good time for folks to get together with her for breakfast at Du-Pars.  This is the one on the south side of Ventura Blvd. just east of Laurel Canyon.  10 a.m. has been proposed as the hour of arrival, but nothing is set in concrete as yet.

Dear brother, will you bring my picture along so I may feel part of the festivities?

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2004, 01:02:26 PM »

DR Stuart,

Please let me express my embarrassment on behalf of our fair province's citizenry. Toronto has been rather snooty about the whole venture. First, the Globe and Mail sent its Queen of Mean journalist, Jan Wong, to check out Rochester. True to form she wrote a rather snarky piece. There have also been stories about how underprepared our Port Authority is. Even the temporary terminal is behind schedule. Add to that: the port is not in the most accessible or picturesque part of town.

Despite the above, I think the Breeze will be a hit on both sides of the lake. My neighbor - who's a pretty typical Torontonian, if there is such a bird - visits Rochester at least once a year. She loves it there - and finds its Wegman's to be even better than Buffalo's. I also think the journey itself will be a pleasure, and look forward to cruising on the Breeze.

By the way, the great deal you mentioned even includes a visit with Dan-in-T.O. I hope that's a plus.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 01:03:12 PM by Dan-in-Toronto »

Matt H.

« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2004, 01:13:06 PM »

Pulled out one of my DVD Christmas presents to watch this afternoon: HIGH SIERRA. About halfway through, and it's a beautiful looking print. Warners really seems to know how to master their films to look their best on DVD.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2004, 01:16:21 PM »

My neighbor - who's a pretty typical Torontonian, if there is such a bird - visits Rochester at least once a year. She loves it there - and finds its Wegman's to be even better than Buffalo's.   ...  By the way, the great deal you mentioned even includes a visit with Dan-in-T.O. I hope that's a plus.

I hear that the pilings for your temporary ferry terminal were only poured today.  I thought we were behind the 8 ball!

And even Cher loved the Pittsford Wegman's during her tour stop here!  She wished for one in Santa Monica!

Even my dear brother loved the Pittsford Wegman's on his visit here!  He wished for one in Pasadena!  Is that not true, dear brother Jay?

As for the visit with you, DR D-I-T, thanks for the invite.  I will keep you posted.

Robin

« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2004, 01:18:32 PM »

If money were no object, I'd live here.  That's me at a buddy's cabin, on the Mississippi River in Wisconsin.  The stuff you see on the other side of the river...well, that's Iowa.  It's a small place in the middle of nowhere, and it's a little piece of paradise, as far as I'm concerned.  That's me in the pitcher, by the way.  

I'd also like an apartment in NYC, one in Chicago, and one in Tokyo, my three favorite large cities.  

And if money were no object, I'd spend all my time druthering my druthers all the livelong day.  
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 01:22:19 PM by Robin »
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2004, 01:19:50 PM »

And, further, DR D-I-T:  Yes, that article was heinous.  Heinous, do you hear me?  Heinous.  But it was no less heinous than the rather pedantic way we Rochestarians (or as I like to call us: Rochestnuts) reacted to it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2004, 01:28:48 PM »

great picture DRRobin!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2004, 01:43:29 PM »

Great scenery, DR Robin. And the river and river bank are rather nice, too.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up