JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: HOME
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2010, 08:55:03 AM »

DR TCB, if you want to hear Steve LaBrie sing, here's a youtube link for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8GySKwpw_Y

Mikey might even enjoy it!

You a right. Now he has a voice I could listen to! I would never have guessed someone who looked like t hat would be have such a strong voice.

He was also featured on Barihunks earlier this summer.  -And he's singing in English on the video posted there too. No subtitles needed. Although, something tells me his "language" is the least of your concerns.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2010, 08:56:35 AM »

So,here I am at the airport.  When I booked my car service yesterday I did as I always do, told them I was a nervous traveler and to please get the car there a liitle early so that it would be there when i came down.  I came down at 4:40 to leave at 4:45. No car. At 4:43 I called and they told me the car was two blocks away.  At 4:48 I called back, told them the car was still not there and that I was getting in a cab, which is exactly what I did.  Had a great cab driver who got to the airport in twenty five minutes.  Line wasn't bad at all and I was through security in ten minutes.  I'm now at the gate.  The car service will be getting a call from me when I get home.

I hate when that happens especially in the wee hours of the morning.  Thank goodness for cabs.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2010, 08:58:05 AM »

Whew.....wanted to see - one more time - Gloria Wondrous go sailing out over the construction zone in her little red and black car to her demise......

?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2010, 08:58:50 AM »

So,here I am at the airport.  When I booked my car service yesterday I did as I always do, told them I was a nervous traveler and to please get the car there a liitle early so that it would be there when i came down.  I came down at 4:40 to leave at 4:45. No car. At 4:43 I called and they told me the car was two blocks away.  At 4:48 I called back, told them the car was still not there and that I was getting in a cab, which is exactly what I did.  Had a great cab driver who got to the airport in twenty five minutes.  Line wasn't bad at all and I was through security in ten minutes.  I'm now at the gate.  The car service will be getting a call from me when I get home.

I hate when that happens especially in the wee hours of the morning.  Thank goodness for cabs.

I would have opted for a cab in the first place. Especially if I was staying in midtown where there are always lots of cab to be hailed - especially at that time of the day.  *Most of them are finishing off their night shift at 5:00am or 6:00am, and would like to finish off their day with a nice fare.  Anyhoo...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2010, 08:59:00 AM »

Does/has anybody here watched the series Burn Notice?

Since we don't get USA it was never on here. But they've started showing the first season.

I watched the first episode and can't decide if it's something I'd like or not. I do tend to like the shows on USA (I love Royal Pains, White Collar and In Plain Sight). The lead guy is appealing. I was just curious if this is a must see show.

We watch it and have liked it from the very beginning.  I suggest giving it another try.  I remember some complaints about his mother.  With time she becomes more endearing though still tough. :)  I like her.

Jane

« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2010, 08:59:53 AM »

Jane

« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2010, 09:00:43 AM »

Here is the picture.....the day they eloped!  ;D

:D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2010, 09:01:59 AM »

Wonderful anniversary snap JRand! 62 years...that is a lot of marriage!

Hmm...do you have a photo of your parent's wedding day?

Oh oh, Jrand, MBarnum is hot for your dad!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2010, 09:02:25 AM »

I leave Massanutten today where I did next to nuttin' all week, except walk through woods that were rapidly changing color, take a ski lift, learn to zipline, visit wineries, etc. Guess it was a busier week than I remember.

It all sounds wonderful!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2010, 09:02:59 AM »

Next up CRITIC'S CHOICE.....a weak Hope/Ball vehicle.....I remember seeing it at the movies and wondering how Lucy could worry about having a baby at her age.

I did the play a hundred years ago.  I don't find it funny.
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2010, 09:03:22 AM »

BUTTERFIELD 8 was on this morning DR TCB.....with Elizabeth Taylor Hilton Wilding Todd Fisher as Gloria Wondrous....from the novel by John O'Hara.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2010, 09:03:51 AM »

Next up CRITIC'S CHOICE.....a weak Hope/Ball vehicle.....I remember seeing it at the movies and wondering how Lucy could worry about having a baby at her age.

I did the play a hundred years ago.  I don't find it funny.

Yours is the general consensus, I must say.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2010, 09:04:02 AM »

Oh.... And it looks like were on Page 4! And before Noon on a Sunday!
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2010, 09:04:09 AM »

Thanks to all for the foto comments.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2010, 09:05:57 AM »

Thanks for the link, DR JOSE.....Mr LaBrie is most entertaining....

Jane

« Reply #105 on: September 26, 2010, 09:06:24 AM »

I would have opted for a cab in the first place. Especially if I was staying in midtown where there are always lots of cab to be hailed - especially at that time of the day.  *Most of them are finishing off their night shift at 5:00am or 6:00am, and would like to finish off their day with a nice fare.  Anyhoo...

I won't make that mistake again in a busy city.  I was talked into arranging for a cab ahead of time my last night in DC.  While I was standing outside trying to contact the driver, who had given me his cell number, a cab circled a couple of times and then pulled into the hotel.  He knew exactly who I was waiting for and said he often picks up stranded passengers.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2010, 09:07:01 AM »

Watch out, DR JRand60! He's got eyes on your Dad.

Mikey, are you moved in to your new apartment and has anyone started eviction proceedings?

Oh oh, Jrand, MBarnum is hot for your dad!

Great minds................
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #107 on: September 26, 2010, 09:08:51 AM »

Mt.Vesuvius

A mountain of CHOCOLATE or VANILLA ice cream ERUPTING with chocolate brownie pieces, CASCADING with hot fudge and BLANKETED in malt powder. A dollop of whipped cream indicates her smoking signal.

http://www.franklinfountain.com/menu.php?m=1

Jane

« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2010, 09:10:27 AM »

Last night Keith & I saw this sundae, made with vanilla bean ice cream. on "Man VS Food".  You have no idea how much we both want to try this. 

If only I had known this place existed when I was in Philly last year.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2010, 09:12:08 AM »

Last night Keith & I saw this sundae, made with vanilla bean ice cream. on "Man VS Food".  You have no idea how much we both want to try this. 

DR Jane - Been there. Done that. Twice. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2010, 09:13:25 AM »

BUTTERFIELD 8 was on this morning DR TCB.....with Elizabeth Taylor Hilton Wilding Todd Fisher as Gloria Wondrous....from the novel by John O'Hara.

Thank you, Jrand.  I must have missed that post.  Maybe I thought it was one of JMK's posts.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2010, 09:15:28 AM »

Rip Torn is most handsome as Dion Kapakos

That would be the role I played.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2010, 09:16:27 AM »

Thanks for the link, DR JOSE.....Mr LaBrie is most entertaining....

Is he the man they named the Tar Pits after?
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2010, 09:16:52 AM »

Although, in the spirit of full disclosure, it was a group effort both times. :)

*Franklin Fountain does have some amazing treats. Although, another option is to head to Reading Terminal Market and combine some treats from Flying Monkey Patisserie and Bassetts Ice Cream for a "Make Your Own" sundae. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2010, 09:28:10 AM »

Although, in the spirit of full disclosure, it was a group effort both times. :)

*Franklin Fountain does have some amazing treats. Although, another option is to head to Reading Terminal Market and combine some treats from Flying Monkey Patisserie and Bassetts Ice Cream for a "Make Your Own" sundae. ;)

The Enabler Confesses!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2010, 09:29:25 AM »

DR Jane
- Been there. Done that. Twice. :)

Of course you have! ;D So why didn't you tell me to go when I mentioned a trip to Philly? >:( ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2010, 09:29:37 AM »

Oh boy!  We may be on Page Five by the time BK gets home!
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2010, 09:32:52 AM »

The Enabler Confesses!

Well... There were three of us, and we split two of their huge sundaes, so... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2010, 09:35:26 AM »

I'm glad it was a group effort!

I did go to the market place.  I got a shoe-fly pie which my friend finished.  I remembered one or two bites is all I can ever eat of those.  I tasted a breakfast pretzel my friend got.  I can remember what else I got though I remember it was good.  It was still morning so I never thought to try the ice cream and we didn't have time to stop before taking the train home.  I think I got some good candy too.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2010, 09:37:43 AM »

DR Jose, I am suspecting that the singer is having what I'll call lesbophobia but since it's something for her to work out internally and I neither want to see her flip out nor let her marriage fall apart, I am respecting her wishes. She's a wonderful lady and a phenomonal singer and I want her to be happy. The musical director said she got very emphatic about singing it.

DR elmore - That's understandable. Of course, now I'm wondering if she would ever approach Strauss' "Ständchen".  -And that's one song that was most definitely written for a woman's voice, even though the poem is from a man's point of view.  -Although, I do get get a kick out of Fischer Dieskau's recording (transposed down a few steps, of course ;) )
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up